**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The tech gifted danger room is a bit excessive

Comments

• NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited September 2018
    While I would not say that it is "hard" in comparison to the other fights, with its abilities to increase armor and reduce critical hits, it just makes the fight long and far too tedious, with the extra length causing more problems than normal.
    I do not feel like this fight is in line with the others in the series.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Took 210 hits with X-23, so yeah its not too bad, just not worth the 50 shards.

This quest is the worst creative idea from Kabam.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    So.

I'm...man. I was down to Storm in Master Mode, full health. About 35 percent of the Sentinel left. Was going to be tough, but doable. Probably wasn't going to finish him, but I was probably gonna get the L2 off, at least.

However:

Lag. Horrible, horrible lag. Wouldn't let me even move from the opening fight sequence. He heavied me -- again, I couldn't move -- then a three-hit combo -- again, I couldn't move -- and the fight's over.

AGAIN. I COULDN'T MOVE.

Man. Kabam. Kabam. You guys have got to get this lag fixed, man. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Seriously. YOU HAVE TO GET THE LAG FIXED.

My God.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The amount of complaining on the forums is tiresome holy ****. Some content is not meant to be beaten by everyone, every time. Yes this was difficult but not impossible, I actually thought it fun especially since it reflects the x-men mythos.

That statement is irreverent to the fact that it's inconsistent with the Event. When something comes along that people have the skill and Rosters to do it with reasonable difficulty 6 out of 7 days of the week, and they point out that one day is off, that's not a matter of some not being "for" the content. That's become a Blanket Statement to discredit any comment people make about the degree of difficulty, and it's ignorant to the feedback people are giving. It's for the Players. The same Players that are saying it doesn't seem the same as other days.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    The amount of complaining on the forums is tiresome holy ****. Some content is not meant to be beaten by everyone, every time. Yes this was difficult but not impossible, I actually thought it fun especially since it reflects the x-men mythos.

Funny, I always remember the xmen beating the sentinels fairly easily.

I might have been using the wrong
    team. Mine were the D- men, at best.
  • The amount of complaining on the forums is tiresome holy ****. Some content is not meant to be beaten by everyone, every time. Yes this was difficult but not impossible, I actually thought it fun especially since it reflects the x-men mythos.

That statement is irreverent to the fact that it's inconsistent with the Event. When something comes along that people have the skill and Rosters to do it with reasonable difficulty 6 out of 7 days of the week, and they point out that one day is off, that's not a matter of some not being "for" the content. That's become a Blanket Statement to discredit any comment people make about the degree of difficulty, and it's ignorant to the feedback people are giving. It's for the Players. The same Players that are saying it doesn't seem the same as other days.

pretty sure events such as trial of the king had varying degrees of difficulty depending on the day so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pretty sure events such as trial of the king had varying degrees of difficulty depending on the day so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If we were discussing Uncanny, perhaps that would apply. This is significantly more difficult than the other days of its type. Trials weren't that varied.

I agree, but this event is pretty vulnerable to public opinion. I’m enjoying this new class and rarities specific selection, And would hate to see it further vilified by extremely uneven difficulty. Especially when we all admit it is light on rewards. I personally don’t mind getting my butt handed to me from time to time, it just increases the interest. But I don’t think that is a common trait.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I think it has more to do with just how large the varying degree of difficulty is between today's danger room and other danger rooms.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    jkcjmiji wrote: »
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    dgsbpiqks75p.png
    ygrbjgszv6rw.png
    j7hxgzvmr8w2.png
    @jkcjmiji
    Storm made it pretty easy (Good damage off sp2)
    Thanks for making it fun for me mate I wasn't going to bother with it..

Nice. It doesn't prove that it was the first try especially when it's been almost an hour after your post. @IOSJasoN

I was mid line in EQ mate needed to wait for energy (used a refill in the end)
    Plus kids bed time (real world commitments) There was bedtime stories to be read and professional under the bed and in the closet monster checks that had to be made lmao
    I can show you this..
    m9p421okrkqe.png
    And this
    449nnol4lfc9.png

But you can see in the first pics I put up Sentinel starts with 100% health so I didn't think I needed to show the other champs and the Master complete pics..
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Spent units, boosts, potions, then booted out later, it is WAY too ridiculous
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    6 Revs, a bunch of Pots, and 160 Units. Clearly there's something off. Lol.

I can think of a few things, if it took that much to complete. I’ll leave those to myself though. For those struggling or debating if it’s be worth it....

It was tough, no doubt, but nowhere near Emma Frost UC tough.

This one will require some maxed 2*. The more the better. I had 3 x R3 and 2 x R2. I’m not a great fighter, better than average, but struggle with UC event still at times and have no dreams of beating Emma Frost in UC this month cause it’s not worth the frustration to me this time.

This though, is manageable. And if you mess up, a 30 unit energy cost a lot less than those revives and potions. No way is she’ll out those types of items for this. Try a 2nd, or 3rd time of need be, the practice is good anyway. But don’t spend more than 30 units for energy, if even that.

Heavies don’t up analysis. Parry, heavy, parry, heavy, evade l1, repeat. Once he gets to 100 analysis, evade and intercept as much as possible, but he’s bound to tag most of us at that point.

Each champ should be able to take off 20% or more. I saved my strongest for last (storm) so when assassination kicked in it would finish him off quickly with a powerful l2.

pwf8605ubt0i.jpeg
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    @IOSJasoN I'm not saying you didn't do a good job. You did a fantastic job even if you didn't one shot him, hitting him 181 times without getting hit once is pretty damn impressive. I do give you huge respect.
  • Lovejoy72 wrote: »

I agree, but this event is pretty vulnerable to public opinion. I’m enjoying this new class and rarities specific selection, And would hate to see it further vilified by extremely uneven difficulty. Especially when we all admit it is light on rewards. I personally don’t mind getting my butt handed to me from time to time, it just increases the interest. But I don’t think that is a common trait.

Yes, the class and rarity specific selection is making it mad fun for me at least since it becomes more skill based rather than relying on stronger champs. I'll admit too that the rewards are light for each play through, but with the ally and solo events it seems that those rewards pick up the slack. That said, if those that think the play through rewards are light and are having that much difficulty where the cost/benefit gap is not worth it, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal to miss out on a day or two of rewards.
    Had to reboot the game, and it still wants to lag. But I got him down in Master Mode. Had to burn a revive because of the lag, but what are you gonna do?

Thoughts:
    1. If Magneto didn't have such pillow hands, he should've worked well for this scenario. It's unbelievable how disappointing this character actually is.
    2. Storm's a good character to use for the two stars, if you've got Conduit at a good level.
    3. Same with Wolverine, if you've got Regeneration at a high level. Bait the L1s, heal. It's a long slog, but it is what it is.

Overall thoughts on the fight in Master Mode: It's Sentinel, so it sucks when you get to 100 Analysis charges. It just does. I can see why people are unhappy. I've always invested in 2s and 3s, but I know some people haven't. It's a tough road if you haven't. Won't even lie about that.

But: It is doable. Not easy. But doable.
  • The amount of hits required was appoximately that of an easy path labyrinth fight.

It is more like an RoL fight. On the one hand it is a much harder fight than I think the previous bosses were. On the other hand, it isn't as hard as some people are portraying it as. I did the epic fight with Cable: it took 250 hits and I actually got hit nine times during the fight so I did not fight a perfect fight. The master fight was, of course as it always has been, harder, but I honestly goofed off with a Bishop and got immediately killed, then downed him with X-23 in 275 hits and zero hits back.

I'm not the best player, but I'm probably also a lot better than average. I would say that for anyone who could normally do master level content both Sentinel bosses are fair fights using their entire team without revives. You basically have to average maybe 50 hits per team member without dying, which is not wildly difficult in general.

It does seem to me to be out of line relative to the rest of the difficulty, but it also isn't wildly difficult in absolute terms. The one caveat I suppose is that any players not members of alliances doing AQ would probably find this fight extremely difficult as they haven't had months of practice fighting Sentinels and evading their specials.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
    There definitely needs to be some sort of adjustment for the tech room. The fight against Sentinel was mind numbing.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    Bishop was really good (i have him both in 2* and 3*) what I did was end the Ronan fight with 2 bars this way the special 2 at the beginning of the fight hits hard (specially if you do a couple of parries before releasing the special)

From there with Mags I try not to generate analysis charges, the best way was:

Parry
    L + M+ L + M combos
    Dodge
    Parry
    oscillate between sp 2 & 3

When the sentinel releases the special try to dex the first part of the beam / rockets , block the second and dex the final part. This way I did like a 40 hit combo without proc any analysis charges.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I feel like the main thing I am coming away with from this thread is..
    Where the heck is everyone getting 2* X-23s and Bishops and where did I drop the ball?!?
    Beat his rear end silly in Epic Mode with Iceman -- that's the ticket there, boys. Wasn't tough at all, tbh.

Team I used for Epic:
    Iceman
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Cyclops (Blue Team) (for the Synergies)
    Magneto (for the Synergies)

Again: I get it. If you don't have those characters pimped out, its not all that fun or easy.

But Epic was far easier than Master, and that's just the honest truth
    Narcuul wrote: »
    I feel like the main thing I am coming away with from this thread is..
    Where the heck is everyone getting 2* X-23s and Bishops and where did I drop the ball?!?

they were given a couple of months ago in a special 2 * star crystal
    Also, Cable helps a lot with his sp2 concussion the sentinel wont be able to activate analysis charges as much
    I mean, I got through it, but I'm stubborn and I have some Units. It's just the fact that it's more challenging than the others that is an issue for me. When that happens, it makes the Rewards seem less worth it, because they don't scale with it.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    enjoy your 250 hit fight lol
    people using items just for 50 red shards are crazy, its better just quit instead of using items and start over until you improve enough
    After using a combined 300 energy in my alliance to reach the next milestone in the danger room, it has become clear that the policies of aggression are no longer relevant. In fact the Sentinel is not our oppressor, but our liberator. We have renamed our alliance “sentinville”, and now bring him offerings of our discarded home appliances. We invite you to join us.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Reading this thread I expected a harder fight. I just finished him with magneto pretty easily.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Fairly stocky sentinel, challenging sure but I think you boys like your quests to be autoplay charity and I personally don’t mind a little challenge.
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Reading this thread I expected a harder fight. I just finished him with magneto pretty easily.

Heretic! Blasphemer!
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Also everyone had basically the same junk squad so while it was definitely about as bad as it could get for the matchup and Pi it certainly wasn’t difficult in the big scheme on things. Per usual i would have enjoyed more shards tho 😬
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    jkcjmiji wrote: »
    @IOSJasoN I'm not saying you didn't do a good job. You did a fantastic job even if you didn't one shot him, hitting him 181 times without getting hit once is pretty damn impressive. I do give you huge respect.

Thank you I really appreciate that..
    But in all honesty that was my first run at the master one (I did epic an hour or 2 before that)
    These are the type of fights I do (well used to do lately I've started losing interest so don't do them as much) I try to stay as honest as I can when posting..
    uhig6jx6rvo6.jpg
    (Took me 2 trys to beat that Mephisto without using items)
    And if you have time this link has some other pics of fights I've done in the comments https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57529/noticed-a-new-trend-of-cheating-during-alliance-wars#latest
    But I'm not arguing about it the fight was a bs one.. The rewards on offer for it wasn't worth it.. I only did it because you made it fun by setting the challenge lol.. And seriously I thank you for that, It's been awhile since I've had fun with the game
This discussion has been closed.