**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Future of the Mystics

124»

Comments

• Options
    Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I saw Shuma Gorath listed...that would be very cool!

The problem with characters like that is that it would be difficult to make them playable characters that capture anything remotely resembling what they are like in the comic books. People went berserk when Sentinel didn't live up to his exploding suns description: Shuma Gorath makes Sentinel look like Willie Lumpkin. He could make an interesting NPC boss, but I don't think he'd make a good playable character. That would be like trying to make Eternity a playable character.

but they made it playable in Marvel vs Capcom games, I think it would be doable
  • Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics_characters_who_use_magic

Plenty of mystics left to add to MCOC. The hard part is incorporating them into story or event quests.

Now that we have Emma Frost, it would be interesting to see Selena (the Black Queen) enter the Contest.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think it would be cool to see some more characters from Dr. Strange. There is a lot of potential for mystic champs there. The Ancient One, Wong, Kaecilius, and I'm sure there are others from the comics. It would also be cool to see Ebony Maw at some point.
  • Options
    ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    ESF wrote: »
    I honestly think that is the biggest problem -- I don't think it's anything nefarious or a conspiracy against Mystic characters. I just don't think, tbh, there are a ton more to actually do that are actually worth doing.

You could maybe do, say...Black Knight as a Mystic. He would probably be cool, but really, anymore, who even thinks about Black Knight as much as someone who really has a deep appreciation of Marvel history?

I guess you could maybe do an Enchantress, or a Malekith...I mean, honestly. When you start digging that deep, to me, you're far better off doing more popular characters in other classes

MASACRE isnt well known character when they introduced goldpool another unknown marvel champ
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rune King Thor
  • Options
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I saw Shuma Gorath listed...that would be very cool!

The problem with characters like that is that it would be difficult to make them playable characters that capture anything remotely resembling what they are like in the comic books. People went berserk when Sentinel didn't live up to his exploding suns description: Shuma Gorath makes Sentinel look like Willie Lumpkin. He could make an interesting NPC boss, but I don't think he'd make a good playable character. That would be like trying to make Eternity a playable character.

but they made it playable in Marvel vs Capcom games, I think it would be doable

The expectations in a game like that are significantly different from the expectations in a game like MCOC.
  • Options
    RiasGremoryRiasGremory Posts: 225
    Suel said:

Mysterio

Blackheart

Steel Serpent

The Ancient One

Dr Doom

Wong

Ebony Maw

Enchantress

Surtur