**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cancelled war enlistment [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MikeGreyDogMikeGreyDog Posts: 13
    Same bug here. My ally fallen down from gold2 to gold3 because of this issue. Hope they will fix it and compensate missed season points. [9evil]Heads_0f_Hydra
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    edited November 2019
    jdyke23 said:

Pretty sure if they send a ticket in showing when they joined they’ll get the rewards two guys in my allaince did it last season and they got the rewards so it’s not all doom and gloom

Rewards from single wars is the least of our issues (though it is a concern).

The biggest issue is losing tier ranking in AW season that we worked hard and invested a lot for, which of course translates into greater rewards all around. For example, our ally is platinum 3 and we were very close to entering plat 2. We enlisted in the last 2 wars and then were kicked out. So instead of gaining ground we are losing it through no fault of our own. After today’s war ends I’m not even sure we’ll be in plat 3 anymore. That’s a big problem and why people are rightfully upset and concerned about a fair resolution.

I’m in the camp that thinks AW season should be immediately cancelled with ful rewards given for the season, and rankings should be reset to where they were at the start of this season.

They should of course have additional compensation for the missed war rewards and for those who fought wars and used resources while others didn’t...

• Gr8CornholioGr8Cornholio Posts: 87
    DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We understand how frustrating this situation has been for everyone and know it has impacted many Alliances. We are working to properly address this and will inform everyone once we come up with a decision.

Thank you for the response and I appreciate the team is looking into it and are aware of the problem. The issue I have is that Kabam chooses to let these issues just continue. Why not lock down war for everyone? People will complain but at least it will be fair. By letting bugged wars and matchmaking continue you are just adding to decreased morale and increased anxiety among the alliances impacted. We understand things happen, but why let a known problem just continue?
    because they thought they had resolved them.
    Judging from the aw issue being only mentioned as an unsolved/unfixed/ongoing issue in the announcement from when all of this started I'm kinda puzzled about how you come up with that thought tbh.
    Because that post has been edited, after sat they had listed war and AQ as being completely resolved and that they were now focused on retrieving rewards and other areas. They edited it yesterday, hence the replay about it yesterday. They even had a banner up Saturday saying it was resolved.
    Yet the rewards issue is also not resolved.

Neither is the issue with Pure Skill not working past level 3. What is that you ask? The mastery bug that has existed for 5 years...

Pure Skill does work past level 3. The problem is something completely different, something that the players figured out via testing long ago. It is probably best not to randomly throw into a conversation things you aren't well informed about.

No one (informed) is asking the devs to fix Pure Skill, because Pure Skill isn't broken. They've been asking for compensation for the super high cost of Pure Skill's top tiers, because after 12.0 the devs inadvertently eliminated most of the situations tier 4 and tier 5 Pure Skill would benefit the players in.
    You completely missed the point. Not at all surprised.

• csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Sure it has been said before, but why didn't they just pause the season and make the last 2 wars not count toward the season points? Seems like it would have been a much better solution than having to figure out how to compensate those that dropped in ranking because the bugs stopped their war enlistment.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We understand how frustrating this situation has been for everyone and know it has impacted many Alliances. We are working to properly address this and will inform everyone once we come up with a decision.

Thank you for the response and I appreciate the team is looking into it and are aware of the problem. The issue I have is that Kabam chooses to let these issues just continue. Why not lock down war for everyone? People will complain but at least it will be fair. By letting bugged wars and matchmaking continue you are just adding to decreased morale and increased anxiety among the alliances impacted. We understand things happen, but why let a known problem just continue?
    because they thought they had resolved them.
    Judging from the aw issue being only mentioned as an unsolved/unfixed/ongoing issue in the announcement from when all of this started I'm kinda puzzled about how you come up with that thought tbh.
    Because that post has been edited, after sat they had listed war and AQ as being completely resolved and that they were now focused on retrieving rewards and other areas. They edited it yesterday, hence the replay about it yesterday. They even had a banner up Saturday saying it was resolved.
    Yet the rewards issue is also not resolved.

Neither is the issue with Pure Skill not working past level 3. What is that you ask? The mastery bug that has existed for 5 years...

Pure Skill does work past level 3. The problem is something completely different, something that the players figured out via testing long ago. It is probably best not to randomly throw into a conversation things you aren't well informed about.

No one (informed) is asking the devs to fix Pure Skill, because Pure Skill isn't broken. They've been asking for compensation for the super high cost of Pure Skill's top tiers, because after 12.0 the devs inadvertently eliminated most of the situations tier 4 and tier 5 Pure Skill would benefit the players in.
    You completely missed the point. Not at all surprised.

you have to have a point to be missed.
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    edited November 2019
    As this is an important issue i think all of us would at least like to know what your thought process is on solving this Kabam? You don't need to layout your solutions, rather break down the issue to convey what aspects of this issue you are considering atm? There are so many loose ends at the moment which lead to alot of confusion in the community. We would really appreciate it. Thank you
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Due to the issues at hand my alliance went from plat 4 to Gold 1 , i understand people want the season to just be cancel but honestly i don't think that makes things better, because we are more than half way thru the season and a lot of people use many units and item to get thru wars so to just cancel AW season would be unfair to those people unless you're going to fully refund all items spent thus far and to those that spend money on units be given units back or the ability to request a full refund without consequences.

Due to the issues at hand my alliance went from plat 4 to Gold 1 , i understand people want the season to just be cancel but honestly i don't think that makes things better, because we are more than half way thru the season and a lot of people use many units and item to get thru wars so to just cancel AW season would be unfair to those people unless you're going to fully refund all items spent thus far and to those that spend money on units be given units back or the ability to request a full refund without consequences.

They dont mean just canceled, they mean canceled and compensated. If they cancelled the war and then gave all alliances their highest tier since Friday before it happened it would largely fix the issues (when I say compensation I mean the just war compensation not the total). If they did that and just moved everyone up a tier it would account for the vast majority of people moving up during the rest of the war. they could then leave war running if they like for testing purposes, or shut it down .
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

How would you even remotely try to fairly measure a compensation package for players that weren't able to join an alliance on friday to still qualify for season rewards?

Yes, using the highest tier this season as a measurement sounds reasonable, but for an unforeseen amount of summoners, there is no "highest tier this season".

What do you think how many players were looking for alliances to join on friday, which, whichever way you want to twist this, was still well inside the given deadline, just to get kicked out of the game until the enlistment period ran out?

What do you think how many of those just thought "great, guess my season is screwed" and didn't go on joining any alliance, since they wouldn't be able to qualify for season rewards anymore, leaving you with no objective way to measure their potential losses?

And out of those, how many still don't even have a clue what's going on? At least tell us you understand the situation we're all in.

Again, take as much time as you need to actually solve this properly. But don't continue making us fear for the team only looking at the obvious losses.

Give every single summoner in the game the MASTER 1 rewards for this season. Problem solved.
    Vdh2008 said:

How would you even remotely try to fairly measure a compensation package for players that weren't able to join an alliance on friday to still qualify for season rewards?

Yes, using the highest tier this season as a measurement sounds reasonable, but for an unforeseen amount of summoners, there is no "highest tier this season".

What do you think how many players were looking for alliances to join on friday, which, whichever way you want to twist this, was still well inside the given deadline, just to get kicked out of the game until the enlistment period ran out?

What do you think how many of those just thought "great, guess my season is screwed" and didn't go on joining any alliance, since they wouldn't be able to qualify for season rewards anymore, leaving you with no objective way to measure their potential losses?

And out of those, how many still don't even have a clue what's going on? At least tell us you understand the situation we're all in.

Again, take as much time as you need to actually solve this properly. But don't continue making us fear for the team only looking at the obvious losses.

Give every single summoner in the game the MASTER 1 rewards for this season. Problem solved.
    They are not going to do that. I doubt they will give a newbie player well below uncollected a 6*
  • Demps928Demps928 Posts: 27
    Are there any updates here? If we don’t get any points today due to be unenlisted our season will be ruined
    A lot of work goes into a ranking like this. Some transparency would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    Demps928 said:

Are there any updates here? If we don’t get any points today due to be unenlisted our season will be ruined
    A lot of work goes into a ranking like this. Some transparency would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Agree @Demps928
  • As harsh as I might sound, I want to make clear that I'm not just blaming the moderators here.

I can imagine you not really knowing what to either, while the scale of this whole situation becomes both more apparent and bigger on your computer screens and some pther staff folks discussing how many 4* shards would be too much compensation for this lol.

I'm just really worried. Does the team understand the full scale of this?

I'm pretty sure they're very aware. If they had something more than 'We're working on it' to say, I'm pretty sure they would've said it by now. Everyone wants answers. Everyone. Myself included. The mods cannot give what they do not have though. They do not have control over the final calls either. They just relay information. The team that's responsible for such doesn't want to make any decision haphazardly (at least that's what it seems judging by the time spent here).

Truthfully, if they acted too fast, and it didn't work out, players would be complaining they didn't think it through. They think it through, players complain that nothing is being done. It's a catch 22 here. Screwed if they do, screwed if they don't. Doesn't matter, that bug screwed us all. Some more than others for sure. So best we can do is acknowledge this, and be patient while a solution is found. Once the solution is given, and it's not enough.... at that juncture, let it be known. Until then, people are essentially beating a dead horse. They know we're upset. They know they have to fix this. They know.

As stated by others, there's no simple fix. Stop AW? What about those that have been matched? Screw them because others are screwed? Way past that being an effective measure anyway so, scrapped. Reset to the point there was a problem? Same result as stopping it, screws those that have fought onwards. End the Season right prior to the problem? Maybe... but again, kind of bonks Alliances that fought onwards and used resources clean on the noggin if they moved up a tier. What about those that made player swaps right before the bug occurred and now those players can't participate in 5 wars? Extend the Season? Maybe for those who got un-enlisted, and at war 12 those that didn't are done. However, that creates a different mess in the form of some Alliances being forced to wait for their Season rewards, and definitely extends the Off Season for them.

As you can see, each of the many 'solutions' thrown out there have blowback. There is no easy fix. Now, my original idea covers everyone and has the least amount of fallout. I'll even add one additional bonus this time. Ok, for those that got un-enlisted, take their Season standings at the war prior to the bug, give them that. This would require allocating every Alliance tag that had this happen. Also, include a compensation package of basic war rewards that gives 60/40 (60% win rewards, 40% Loss rewards, or 3 wins, and 2 losses for the remaining 5 from the start of the issue). I don't think it's right to assume anyone would've won out the Season, or lost out. No work (other than waiting) and you get all that for each war missed. Also need to scrap the 5 war minimum this Season as players who moved right before got bonked. For those that didn't get affected, and did get matched, let them duke it out. Where they land, is where they land. If all this is done, it would cover the majority of the AW problem and have the least amount of blowback. Yes, there will be additional Master, Platinum, Gold, Silver etc Season rewards awarded as a result. Frankly, that point is moot IMO.

If they conjure something better, awesome! I'd love to see something more happen for everyone. There's also the factor of the matchmaking pool being compromised by the un-enlisted Alliances not being there. This also has an impact on the results of each war that has occurred since. On top of that, the original loop bug made it impossible to drop a Boss, or Bosses leading to massive point loss for some (my crew is in that one). Will that be adjusted? Probably not because it's hard to say that the bosses would've fell. Yet, through no fault of our own, we're missing points and the Standings shifted as a result.

It's blatantly obvious that Kabam has their work cut out for them. They have to consider the blowback of each potential action and choose accordingly. Otherwise, the mess will grow instead of being resolved. I wish them the best and hope the majority will be content with the final decision made. The situation is unorthodox, and requires critical thinking. I'd prefer no action taken for a bit until a solid, and well planned one is found. I know waiting blows. It does. However, in this case, better to wait for something solid, than have them act and get something that doesn't cover all aspects. It's truly a horrible situation.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    I agree but also feel they are digging themselves a bigger hole if this continues to kick people from enlistment and letting this frustration linger. As much as I hate the “we are working on it” messages from the mods, something is better than nothing when it comes to showing some kind of life to this mess

As harsh as I might sound, I want to make clear that I'm not just blaming the moderators here.

I can imagine you not really knowing what to either, while the scale of this whole situation becomes both more apparent and bigger on your computer screens and some pther staff folks discussing how many 4* shards would be too much compensation for this lol.

I'm pretty sure they're very aware. If they had something more than 'We're working on it' to say, I'm pretty sure they would've said it by now. Everyone wants answers. Everyone. Myself included. The mods cannot give what they do not have though. They do not have control over the final calls either. They just relay information. The team that's responsible for such doesn't want to make any decision haphazardly (at least that's what it seems judging by the time spent here).

Truthfully, if they acted too fast, and it didn't work out, players would be complaining they didn't think it through. They think it through, players complain that nothing is being done. It's a catch 22 here. Screwed if they do, screwed if they don't. Doesn't matter, that bug screwed us all. Some more than others for sure. So best we can do is acknowledge this, and be patient while a solution is found. Once the solution is given, and it's not enough.... at that juncture, let it be known. Until then, people are essentially beating a dead horse. They know we're upset. They know they have to fix this. They know.

As stated by others, there's no simple fix. Stop AW? What about those that have been matched? Screw them because others are screwed? Way past that being an effective measure anyway so, scrapped. Reset to the point there was a problem? Same result as stopping it, screws those that have fought onwards. End the Season right prior to the problem? Maybe... but again, kind of bonks Alliances that fought onwards and used resources clean on the noggin if they moved up a tier. What about those that made player swaps right before the bug occurred and now those players can't participate in 5 wars? Extend the Season? Maybe for those who got un-enlisted, and at war 12 those that didn't are done. However, that creates a different mess in the form of some Alliances being forced to wait for their Season rewards, and definitely extends the Off Season for them.

As you can see, each of the many 'solutions' thrown out there have blowback. There is no easy fix. Now, my original idea covers everyone and has the least amount of fallout. I'll even add one additional bonus this time. Ok, for those that got un-enlisted, take their Season standings at the war prior to the bug, give them that. This would require allocating every Alliance tag that had this happen. Also, include a compensation package of basic war rewards that gives 60/40 (60% win rewards, 40% Loss rewards, or 3 wins, and 2 losses for the remaining 5 from the start of the issue). I don't think it's right to assume anyone would've won out the Season, or lost out. No work (other than waiting) and you get all that for each war missed. Also need to scrap the 5 war minimum this Season as players who moved right before got bonked. For those that didn't get affected, and did get matched, let them duke it out. Where they land, is where they land. If all this is done, it would cover the majority of the AW problem and have the least amount of blowback. Yes, there will be additional Master, Platinum, Gold, Silver etc Season rewards awarded as a result. Frankly, that point is moot IMO.

If they conjure something better, awesome! I'd love to see something more happen for everyone. There's also the factor of the matchmaking pool being compromised by the un-enlisted Alliances not being there. This also has an impact on the results of each war that has occurred since. On top of that, the original loop bug made it impossible to drop a Boss, or Bosses leading to massive point loss for some (my crew is in that one). Will that be adjusted? Probably not because it's hard to say that the bosses would've fell. Yet, through no fault of our own, we're missing points and the Standings shifted as a result.

It's blatantly obvious that Kabam has their work cut out for them. They have to consider the blowback of each potential action and choose accordingly. Otherwise, the mess will grow instead of being resolved. I wish them the best and hope the majority will be content with the final decision made. The situation is unorthodox, and requires critical thinking. I'd prefer no action taken for a bit until a solid, and well planned one is found. I know waiting blows. It does. However, in this case, better to wait for something solid, than have them act and get something that doesn't cover all aspects. It's truly a horrible situation.
    I harshly disagree. Ending the season early to prevent further issues and still talk about compensation then would have made this a whole lot easier.

And sure, most ideas on how to handle compensation in this thread are lackluster. That's why the easiest solution would simply be a highballed compensation package for every single player.

I'm not trying to say they're not doing their job, but I think it is a reasonable concern, that definitely needs at least some kind of a statement, how exactly they're even planning to measure the extend of this.

Considering, as you said and as I said multiple times, there's a multitude of players with no objective method of measurement available.

Sure, just ending the season wouldn't have been ideal either. But you can't you legitimately cannot tell me that they didn't create more problems by not doing so, considering how they could have ended it before the attack phase started on saturday. No one would have actively lost anything in the first war many alliances got unenlisted for.

They literally made this worse. Now they'll have even more things to consider, which will take even more time to solve.

And we're the ones suffering from uncertainty.
    This assumes they knew it was still broken, which all evidence suggest they believed it was fixed, just stopping the war after it has started does not really solve anything. Letting the system work allows them to test the problem, and fixes.
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    edited November 2019

csexton00 said:

Sure it has been said before, but why didn't they just pause the season and make the last 2 wars not count toward the season points? Seems like it would have been a much better solution than having to figure out how to compensate those that dropped in ranking because the bugs stopped their war enlistment.

Compensation would have still been a factor, even when they decided to just cancel the season on friday, which was very well possible, since again it was completely clear how the season ranking was impacted to an at that point unforeseeable degree, because alliances were also affected by the time-loop-glitch in aw.

Alsp stopping the season would have resulted in alliances being unable to climb up to the next tier, which essentially was still a possibility for every single alliance at that point. On top of that stopping the season would have resulted in essentially every single player being unable to qualify for season rewards, which literally every single summoner, even those not in an alliance at the point the maintenance happened, would have had a chance to do.

But now they created a situation in which everything mentioned above still plays the same factor, but they literally added even more problems to the pile, namely those alliances being unaffected so far putting in effort and ressources to play an, in their eyes standard aw season, because again they didn't even send an in-game message yet, and an overabundance of byes disrupting the ranking even further.

This whole season is practically done for. And it was already done for on friday. Not simply cancelling the season was just a ridiculously unwise decision, now resulting in a way bigger pile of things to consider for kabam when it comes to compensation and a frickload of uncertainty for summoners, and kind of especially for alliance leaders/officers.

You could have stopped the season on friday and work out a compensation plan over the course of this week. Realistically, judging from past situations, how are you guys planning to even remotely clear this up before the end of the year?

And you still didn't manage to send out an in-game message to at least explain how some alliances got automatically unenlisted, possibly resulting in a lot of distress, discomfort and distrust in alliances not working with outside of the game communication.
    By pause the season I meant start the season back when they fixed the problems and possibly added some extra time to it so everyone would have the same opportunity to move up and down without the bugs changing their chances. I agree that I don't see a workable solution to make it fair for everyone now. They could have let those enlisted go ahead and fight their wars, but count them as if they were part of the off season that didn't change rank or point totals for the season.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

As harsh as I might sound, I want to make clear that I'm not just blaming the moderators here.

I harshly disagree. Ending the season early to prevent further issues and still talk about compensation then would have made this a whole lot easier.

And sure, most ideas on how to handle compensation in this thread are lackluster. That's why the easiest solution would simply be a highballed compensation package for every single player.

I'm not trying to say they're not doing their job, but I think it is a reasonable concern, that definitely needs at least some kind of a statement, how exactly they're even planning to measure the extend of this.

Considering, as you said and as I said multiple times, there's a multitude of players with no objective method of measurement available.

Sure, just ending the season wouldn't have been ideal either. But you can't you legitimately cannot tell me that they didn't create more problems by not doing so, considering how they could have ended it before the attack phase started on saturday. No one would have actively lost anything in the first war many alliances got unenlisted for.

They literally made this worse. Now they'll have even more things to consider, which will take even more time to solve.

And we're the ones suffering from uncertainty.
    This assumes they knew it was still broken, which all evidence suggest they believed it was fixed, just stopping the war after it has started does not really solve anything. Letting the system work allows them to test the problem, and fixes.
    @UmbertoDelRio is talking about the situation from a RETROSPECTIVE perspective. Looking back at how things have panned out so far, he's expressing his opinion that it would have been a better move for Kabam to have ended the war season early to at least halt the problem while they considered compensation ideas.

Sure, from their perspective AT THE TIME, they would have believed that the matchmaking system was fixed, and it makes sense that they let the season proceed. However, this isn't really the point that @UmbertoDelRio is raising. You really don't need to be so keen the jump the gun on every opportunity to present a contrarian argument.

Regardless of you think, and what Kabam thought at the time, it's more than fair for players today to wonder aloud why the season STILL hasn't been cancelled or frozen, especially as it's quite clear now that the system is well and truly broken, and continuing to create more inter-alliance disparities that will become harder to quantify.
This discussion has been closed.