**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation Discussion [MERGED THREADS]

123457»

Comments

• KingofENGKingofENG Posts: 127
    Thank you Kabam. Your consideration towards players recently has been great and you are earning much more respect for it. Onwards and upwards :)
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    The compensation was fair. The only real way to do it was by tier. I got cavalier it wasn't game changing for me but it could have been for someone who just became uncollected. Now if you have been uncollected for a while and have not pushed for cavalier for whatever reason that's on you. If you want to progress your account its story mode then everything else. At least that's my opinion. I remember having to become uncollected with 4 stars I pushed hard for the title knowing my roster wasn't great but it would give me a chance for better rewards. Did the same thing for cav. Now I do think thier should be an in between for elders bane.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Tiered comp is great. Thanks for that gesture. Everyone is progressed differently why reward us who are cavalier with things we don’t need? And why reward those who haven’t professed passed act 4 with things they haven’t even received through their progression. As someone quoted thanos. perfectly balanced comp.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    edited November 2019
    French2 said:

Like I said before my compensation and the champs received from the compensation are like getting nothing at all. I will never use these champs… EVER!!! Compensation is worth it when everyone gets a decent reward but when 1 person gets a beyond God Tier champ they will definitely say it was fair compensation. But… ask the guy like myself who got a champion that will get no use during any game content if it’s fair to have the same trouble, same setbacks, but walk away with what is essentially nothing. Compensation isn’t and should NEVER be a role the dice situation when everyone had the same troubles. Reward people with 5* champ that’s further in story mode, the game in general, or whatever is fine by me compared to the guys that haven’t put the time in getting a 4*…sure. But it is much less fair that the 5* crystal rewards 1 man a 5* Corvus Glaive and the next guy a 5* Rocket Raccoon… not even close compensation fairness because 1 man will benefit greatly from his while the other is in the exact same place he was before the trouble began or worse.

lol. The compensation was that you were given a roll of the dice. It was free. Many spend $ for that same chance and get junk. RNG is the nature of the game.
  • Snurris said:

Mauled said:

Solid job Kabam. Tiered it well too, those are rewards that are valuable and relevant for each progress level.

To those who are saying that it’s the same issue.

I’m Cavalier, in a Map6 alliance (330m AQ), T4 war so the outage affected me far more than my alt which is uncollected, playing at a more casual level, scoring around 80m AQ.

If you were to give the cavalier rewards to everyone in my alt’s alliance it would be their first 1k 6* shards for ½ which shows that they’re not needing them yet for one, and a fully formed 5* for accounts that only have 10 5* is a 10% boost to their account because of 12 hours of bad servers, vs my 2nd dupe of KK who is one of 90 5* on my main.
    Compensation is all relative and potentially affects the longevity of the game

I both agree and disagree with you.
    U say you lost more then me... as far as AW is concerned, yes probably. But that’s not an issue here. Separate compensation for that.
    Maybe in AQ as well so I can deal with you getting more for that. No problem.
    But that has nothing to do with the overall game.
    If you exclude AQ and AW the downtime affected us the same with very minor differences. So why are youre time, frustration etc worth more than mine?
    This compensation is aimed primarily at AQ, and in that outage we lost nigh on 40m AQ points and wrecked the schedule for the rest of the week. That represents about 50-100 lower placement which is a fairly substantial chunk in rank rewards. What most well developed Cavaliers could achieve in the game outage is significantly higher, and many will have had to spend a lot more resources/units to push throw linked nodes because of time zone issues, which would have just been written off at lower tiers.

I doubt it’s possible for them to have filtered the AQ side by what maps were run but maybe it should have been done on AQ positioning.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    edited November 2019
    DNA3000 said:

And if you think it isn't possible to become Cavalier as free to play, that says more about your play than about the game's free.

I became Cavalier last month. I've played for 2 years and only spent money on a 99-cent collector's choice crystal and $10 on 3-star Deadpool.

I became UC 6 months ago. I am sure I could've gotten to UC 6 months or so sooner if I had tried. But Cavalier was a tough road. Not just the last couple bosses but cutting the entire path through Act 5 and 6 to get there. That in addition to building a good roster for it probably means I couldn't have done it sooner than I did. A lot of free and earned resources were used to get there but I can definitely confirm it doesn't require bucks.

Now, Kabam, how about Collector's Choice Part 2, this time with 5-stars? ;)
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    So where is the damn compensation? It's 12:11 am on the 20th here in New Zealand and I have not received a single thing.
    You guys have wasted ELEVEN MINUTES OF MY LIFE
    Edit: just to confirm, this is not a serious question
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Lormif said:

ahock101 said:

You tiered the compensation? Are you having a laugh, how was I any less affected by the maintenance than someone who is cavalier, how was someone who isnt uncollected affected any differently, this is a slap in the face

Because the higher ranked you are the more likely you are to have lost larger rewards in the aw and aq issues, my alliance lost out on 1k 6* shards at least, if you are not uncollected yet you probably cannot say the same
    This compensation wasn't for AQ or AW rewards. That's coming soon.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    " Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. "

Approximately.... maybe today? maybe tomorrow? maybe after tomorrow?
    Who knows the exact date and what time?