**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Game incompatible with Android 8.0

Comments

• Options
    kejsarnkejsarn Posts: 2
    Still not working on Nexus 6p. Strange that this is not taken care of, reports of this came in to Kabam in May when people where running the beta for 8.0.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I got a warning from the mods this morning for commenting on the lack of response about this so it seems they don't care
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    I got a warning from the mods this morning for commenting on the lack of response about this so it seems they don't care

So they have seen the thread and are ignoring it?
  • Options
    R4GE wrote: »
    The_One wrote: »

So they have seen the thread and are ignoring it?

I would guess so, I got a warning for a comment that I made that relates to this but on a different thread.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    raja_s wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    You shouldn't had updated yet ... Should have wait for a confirmation from a MOD first

We are supposed to wait for Kabam to tell us when we can update our phone? Nope...

Well, is your choise. You play and wait for the game to be compatible before update, or update your phone right away and wait to play the game.
    Kabam isn't going to make the game compatible in just a few days or weeks

Thats not how it works

That's how it works everywhere. You check for compatibility before upgrading operating systems, or you lose compatibility and you complain about it and nobody cares. True for Android, true for iOS, true for Windows, true for every operating system.

You gotta get your facts right. The source code of upcoming OS is released well ahead of launch for the developers to make their applications compatible on the actual public release. If the app is incompatible after public release of the OS, its the developer fault not the company which released the OS or the user who updated. I have always seen that top rated apps in store never get the compatibility issues on new OS launch because they either get an update near before/ immediately after the new OS launch to maintain the compatibility. @DNA3000

Over the last few major updates to Android, Google has released it to developers very early to give them a chance to make it compatible.

If this isn't compatible on Android 8.0, then it it SOLELY Kabam's fault.
  • Options
    Johnnyblaze23Johnnyblaze23 Posts: 46
    Any news? I'd like to update my phone Kabam
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    @TenebrousTenebrific you guys have any information or could you direct us to a proper place?
  • Options
    Darthmalice66Darthmalice66 Posts: 128
    Android user having same issue's also got a warning.lol
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I'll be checking with the dev team to see if we can get more info on this. In order to gather more information for an investigation, would those of you experiencing this issue be able to tell me what devices you're using?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,696 Guardian
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    raja_s wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    You shouldn't had updated yet ... Should have wait for a confirmation from a MOD first

We are supposed to wait for Kabam to tell us when we can update our phone? Nope...

Well, is your choise. You play and wait for the game to be compatible before update, or update your phone right away and wait to play the game.
    Kabam isn't going to make the game compatible in just a few days or weeks

Thats not how it works

That's how it works everywhere. You check for compatibility before upgrading operating systems, or you lose compatibility and you complain about it and nobody cares. True for Android, true for iOS, true for Windows, true for every operating system.

You gotta get your facts right. The source code of upcoming OS is released well ahead of launch for the developers to make their applications compatible on the actual public release. If the app is incompatible after public release of the OS, its the developer fault not the company which released the OS or the user who updated. I have always seen that top rated apps in store never get the compatibility issues on new OS launch because they either get an update near before/ immediately after the new OS launch to maintain the compatibility. @DNA3000

Over the last few major updates to Android, Google has released it to developers very early to give them a chance to make it compatible.

If this isn't compatible on Android 8.0, then it it SOLELY Kabam's fault.

That's a matter of opinion; app compatibility is generally more complicated than that. I'm fully aware of developer pre-releases of operating systems, and I'm also aware they do not prevent application breakages. You can blame whomever you want as a matter of philosophical debate, but as a matter of practicality I do not upgrade my operating systems until I verify that my most important applications function under the upgrade or are likely to because experience tells me you are taking a huge risk upgrading if you don't. If you want to blame the app vendor, you can. My experience tells me that will get you nothing, and you will still be broken and unable to function.

You are the one taking the gamble because the downside is all yours and if you are okay with being broken as long as you have a vendor to blame for it, go right ahead. That is not the recommendation I make to clients that would rather function than sit comfortably in their righteous blameless incapacity.
  • Options
    Mines a nexus 6p, I have the update available but I haven't done it yet because of reports the game doesn't work
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Hey everyone, I'll be checking with the dev team to see if we can get more info on this. In order to gather more information for an investigation, would those of you experiencing this issue be able to tell me what devices you're using?

Why was a flagged? Isn't this abuse of that system?
    wray1976 wrote: »
    @TenebrousTenebrific you guys have any information or could you direct us to a proper place?

Stop flagging posts.
  • Options
    Mines a nexus 6p, I have the update available but I haven't done it yet because of reports the game doesn't work.

Any update?
    I'd like to update my phone and continue to play MCOC
  • Options
    Using Nexus 5x with Android 8... Have around 13 GB left..still I get an error message stating that device space is low..
  • Options
    Is it still not working or can I now update my phone?
  • Options
    kejsarnkejsarn Posts: 2
    Not working.
  • Options
    Using Nexus 5x with Android 8... Have around 13 GB left..still I get an error message stating that device space is low..

Can you play the game at all?
  • Options
    HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    edited August 2017
    Ironically it's the Nexus 5X that Kabam gave out because their game had compatibility issues, now the phone that they themselves gave out is struck by the very same problem lol...
  • Options
    Anybody else have experience with this? Any update from the mods?
  • Options
    Also can't play the game with my 5X since Oreo last week.
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Anybody else have experience with this? Any update from the mods?

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Spice
    @Kabam Iko
  • Options
    It's been a week+ since this has been recognized as an issue, any updates from the Dev team? Mods?
  • Options
    dellc0re wrote: »
    It's been a week+ since this has been recognized as an issue, any updates from the Dev team? Mods?

A mod replied to a thread I made a couple of days ago saying that android 8.0 will be compatible with 15.1 but they locked the thread without saying when 15.1 would be
  • Options
    Good morning all,

I am a brand new player to this game and I joined/installed this game after my pixel was already on the ota release of 8.0, not the Dev betas.

The game installed however on first load states I needed to download additional files, some 400mb.

The next screen stated I don't have the space to download the files, but I do, like everyone else I have sufficient space.

I am able to ok both screens and play the game as normal.

What is interesting is that upon every fight with a champion I have not seen before the loading screen downloads 1-4mb which I assume it's this new champions asset.

After a few days of doing this I noticed that when loading and it always asking for additional files to download, the total amount was getting lower.

I'm at about ~220mb now it asks for each login.

So to me it seems these files are all the champions assets in one go, but I am able to get them bit by bit as I play.

I hope this helps with a resolution but is sad to hear it seems other people on 8.0 are not able to log in at all.
  • Options
    Yeah i have a Nexus 5x it's actually kabam issued from a year ago... Google pushed the new 8.0 Oreo. I installed this morning hoping it would actually fix some existing loading issue I already had. Sad to learn mcoc is not compatible until 15.1. the question is when does this update come. Would have liked to see an in game mail headed ( Android users) once kabam found out. could have not pressed the update button until 15.1 and saved me some grief...
  • Options
    Seems to be phone specific. I'm on a pixel and tried to wait until someone from kabam had concrete information but didn't wanna grow old and die before updating. Ran the update and have been fine as far as the game goes. Not saying anyone else will be ok, but just tossing in my experience with it.
  • Options
    Ronin_IIRonin_II Posts: 5
    I have a Nexus 6P and I'm having the same issues saying that I don't have enough memory. If I would have only known before pressing update..right in the middle of AQ/AW.. Is there a eta on when this might be taken care of?
  • Options
    I am also on a Nexus 6p and I updated my phone not knowing this issue, and now I cannot load the game. All my other games, Dawn of Titans and Dead Warfare(which is way more graphic intensive than MCOC) and Dragonsoul all work. But not MCOC I have to try to reset my phone now. Shame on MCOC
  • Options
    Supramantt10Supramantt10 Posts: 14
    edited September 2017
    Nexus 6P here ... Waiting for Kabam to pull their heads out and fix this ...
    I posted this issue with a Dev preview months ago and they still don't have it fixed ... You guys looking for some competent devs? I know some. :D
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Kabam has to be one of the worst run companies. I can't believe the app has 50 million downloads, generates millions in revenue amd not be prepared for a main stream update.
    The information Kabam provided is so vague its useless. What is so difficult to day Verizon and Google Pixel 8.0 was tested and working..