**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Somehow, Variant 4 exceeded the enjoyment of Variant 3 and is the best content of 2019 - except for:

Variant 4 is probably hands down the best content released by kabam this year!! Beautifully designed, more enjoyable as the quest went on, fair & proportionate health pools -

It was all •perfect•

Except for ONE thing.
Guys - it is absolutely unfair to those that sold their 1 stars long ago, to create a lane that is 100% only possible to get through using a 1 star Hulk.

Caustic Temper on its own is a part of a crew of one of the worst node designs in the game - and when there’s only 1 option, selling crystals for 50 units with a 20% chance at a 1 star - where only ONE option works for that lane... is just not the Tea.

This wasn’t my experience, but I happened to come across that lane last by coincidence. I can only imagine what I’d be feeling if I sold some of my 1 stars way back when.

If there was a way to get 1 stars more easily, I’d actually love the puzzle of figuring out that you need to use Hulk for that lane.

Anyway - aside from that, absolutely terrific content! Go play it! Enjoy!

Comments

• theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Agree with caustic temper path. I mean if it’s just CT that could be tolerable, fine. But they also added bleed vulnerability, why? Is there any 1* champ who can bleed their opponents, immune to poison and get furies around that we don’t know? Imo that node is not designed well. Maybe they wanted to put dash vulnerability but they mistakenly put this. Idk.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    I agree with OP. I have 9 1* champs, but I can totally empathize with people who don’t have them or that particular 1* Hulk. Not everyone sold their 1* champs too. just imagine if kabam didn’t make those 2* readily available in those 1vs1 crystals few months ago, and a quest requires a specific 2* champ not in regular PHCs, but kabam sells a chance for them in special crystals for units. How would the player base feel?

The 50 unit Hero crystal just screams cash grab too. Which crystal gives you a higher percentage for a higher rarity (2* 80%) but lower percent for a lower 1* rarity. Kabam, why don’t you do your legendary crystals like that too? 80% for 5*, 20* for 4*??
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    ezgoing said:

I agree with OP. I have 9 1* champs, but I can totally empathize with people who don’t have them or that particular 1* Hulk. Not everyone sold their 1* champs too. just imagine if kabam didn’t make those 2* readily available in those 1vs1 crystals few months ago, and a quest requires a specific 2* champ not in regular PHCs, but kabam sells a chance for them in special crystals for units. How would the player base feel?

The 50 unit Hero crystal just screams cash grab too. Which crystal gives you a higher percentage for a higher rarity (2* 80%) but lower percent for a lower 1* rarity. Kabam, why don’t you do your legendary crystals like that too? 80% for 5*, 20* for 4*??

PREACH!!!!!!!!!! @ezgoing
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Am I the only one thinking these Variants are getting a little too easy? I think I used less than 5 revives on this total and cleared it in less than 24 hours. Not meant to be a brag post but more of a measure that it seems a bit tilted for the level of rewards given.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    You know what will be a good outcome? Kabam giving out a 1* ultron or something for Xmas as a side gift. Exclusive champ for collection, and what’s needed for variant 4. I mean kabam must have designed the lanes with bleed vulnerability for a reason right? Lol
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i think i like variant 2 and 3 more then variant 4 , variant 4 in so many paths feels just drag, over 150 hits with 1* is not at all fun time, (i havent sold any 1*s,2*,3*, but i have sold all my 4* twice ,but not complaining i can take few R5s and do the chapter) oh and not to mention there was no boss like Electro or deadpool xforce in variant 2 or 3 ,they were all doable without revives or minimum revives, without 5* ghost deadpool feels just worst fight in game( i tried to take him with nick fury, sparky, AA, but no luck ,and for electro even with omega, it took 8 revives somehow,!!) i guess i am just playing bad now , had not spend any units on V3 and only about 1k on V2 . i better start saving for V4
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Megavok said:

I don't know who designed the last map, but I'm pretty sure whoever he is , he doesn't now 1* roster in the game.
    There is a Caustic Temper & Bleed Vulnerability path, only Hulk and both Visions are poison immune for Caustic Temper, and neither of them can bleed the opponent, in that case Bleed Vuln. node is there for just to show off.
    Same goes for Biohazard path, there is literally no one there who can bleed the opponent while he/she doesn't bleed.
    Other maps are just so cool,thanks for this Variant, but last map's node designs doesn't make sense.

That's what I said about V4 , everything is great,I'm in love with Chapter 2, but 3.2's node design is absolutely terrible, who knows maybe they give us a 1* Hyperion in the future for 1k units,lol
  • simula67simula67 Posts: 49
    The easy fix here is to change Caustic Temper to just the regular Poison node. That adds both Visions as viable counters to the path. If they make it the 60-second Poison and not the every-7-seconds Poison then Wolverine would also work too (with some RNG help).

I really hope they consider a change here.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    How about Chapter 1, Quest 2? That Deadpool’s node combination ask for a very niche set of champions, which blows my mind.
  • AparoidAparoid Posts: 17
    One thing that people might not realize is that there are people who had bad luck and just progressed fast and never got 1* Hulk. Even if they never sold anything, they would be hard-stuck on that path. I think instead of farming for a 20% chance at a 1* from the hero crystal, and then a 1 in 10 (more or less) chance for it to be Hulk for a total of 2% per 50 units, having it cost shards would be interesting.

Say you buy a 1* star crystal for the cost of 5k or 10k premium shards. It would be much better for end-game players because premium shards are easy to get and outside of trophy hunting, that a lot of people would do, you get your champion for that single quest where its needed.

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    ezgoing said:

You know what will be a good outcome? Kabam giving out a 1* ultron or something for Xmas as a side gift. Exclusive champ for collection, and what’s needed for variant 4. I mean kabam must have designed the lanes with bleed vulnerability for a reason right? Lol

Because of caustic temper, your bleed damage will be insignificant. This must have been an error on the devs side because there’s no 1* champ that’s poison immune AND has a fury. You can also forget about synergies too.
  • ApostilaTTMApostilaTTM Posts: 7
    I think kabam could give a 1 star nexus cristal with wolverine, hulk or vision in the completion of V4... a lot of people have 1*, but need at least Hulk to do 100% or a bleed imune champ...
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited December 2019

That's just a silly attempt of an argument. Selling 1* champs is a weird and unreasonable decision regardless of whether something along the lines of v4 would have been released or not.

I get that not everyone is a collector in this game, but considering how people knew that they would be unable to get those 1* champs back, considering how we don't have a champion possession limit, considering the miniscule amount of stuff you get for selling a 1* champ it's just such an unwise decision regardless.

That's like selling a 2015 mutant r4 gem for a miniscule amount of gold and then being mad when 5* wolverine gets introduced. Sure you were able and allowed to sell it, but it didn't offer you any benefit compared to just letting it sit in your inventory.

Selling champs being a bad decision is unrelated to kabam releasing content potentially requiring the champs some want to sell. Stuff like the road to a million arena or danger rooms have been released, so this isn't exactly a new thing.

Now what exactly do you expect kabam to do? Not monetize the bad decision people made? Just gift everyone a full team of 1* champs?

Again, there's no benefit in selling them. That alone makes it purely one's own fault. Now kabam is offering a solution. That that solution is not the best for you only makes it more obvious how unwise selling your champs was.

@UmbertoDelRio again, had you not had the correct 1*s available you would not have been saying any of this ****.

1*s. Have. Always. Been. Pointless. There was never any reason for their existence. There was never any reason to have them in your roster. There was never any penalty for selling them, until years after they were made completely unavailable. Selling them was never a "mistake" because there was never a purpose to having them.

Also, high level alliances used to sell the entire bottom half of their rosters back when wars started, to drop their alliance rating for easier war matches. They now cannot play v4 without spending thousands of units before even being able to enter the final quest.

And no, no one was aware that 1*s would no longer be available until after they reached uncollected and read the contents of the daily crystal, at which point it would be too late. Kabam did not announce that 1*s would no longer be available. And let's even say that it was announced. That would have simply forced anyone who didn't have the 1*s they wanted to pause their progress on act 5 and not unlock uncollected, and open daily crystals until they got them, which could take months. All for 1*s. So I don't see why you even bring this up.

You're comparing a 1*, a completely useless tier of champs outside of a single quest in the entire game, to a rank-up gem for the 2nd highest champion tier, and you want to call that an accurate comparison. Not only does that not even begin to make sense, but selling an awakening gem also doesn't stop you from ranking up a champion, it simply means you'll have to go through the normal process of ranking up like you would with any other 5*. Your gameplay would not be affected at all. You're not forced to drop units to replace them, nor are you barred from high level content sitting behind a paywall. The ranked up champions would also have use outside of that single piece of content, rather than sitting at the bottom of your roster never to be looked at again, as soon as you explore a single quest.

No one ever said to hand out free 1*s. We said, make 1*s available without spending truckloads of units and/or money. This isn't a black and white scenario, stop trying to make it look like one. There are dozens of ways they could've brought back 1*s, and you honestly believe the best way to do it was to punish players for a mistake that was completely irrelevant and hardly even a mistake at all, years before this content was even thought of? Ok.

1*s are still the lowest valued champion tier. They are completely useless outside of a single quest in a single variant. Useless in story, event quests, side quests, AQ, AW, dungeons, arenas, and any non-variant permanent content. We don't even know if they'll show up in future variants. Inside that variant? Still the lowest worth. Every tier is required to complete it, and they're the last, meaning you can complete the most with the other combined tiers. And yet, you think it's a good idea to have them, the lowest valued tier, be the only tier hidden behind a paywall, simply to spite other players? Ok.

And again, let's completely ignore anyone who simply never pulled the 1*s.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    When I first saw the title of this post I thought to myself this is just going to rehash the 1* argument. It’s like I was psychic. The mods just need to close posts regarding 1* acquisition because it’s the same every time.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Fun fact you can get the 1*s back from a crystal if that doesn't suit you well this is why I been saying for years never sell and that you never know if you may need them again and look here you do.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Agree with this post 100%. This content is fantastic minus this paywall path and hat mordo mini.

I had a blast playing through it and using champs I haven’t for a long time. It was fun dusting of my SW/Thor/Vision(AOU) and others that were big parts of my team at different times through my many years playing this game.