**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yes Another Awakening Post, bare with us...

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
edited December 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So my Christmas AG ended up being a Cosmic Gem, finally one I can use immediately, and have two great options to use it on.
Which should I go for, I'm leaning more towards Hyperion just because of how Amazing his Sig Potency is even at Low Levels but I'm open to arguments for Corvus as well.
I currently have 22 Cosmic Sig Stones I can put into them plus the 1 Sig from being Awakened, as well as 46 Generic Sig Stones I could use with the Cosmic Sig Stones to get them to Sig 69 😏 though I'm not sure about using those Generics because I may save them for my first Rank 5 I will soon have depending on who it is.

Anyways I took the liberty of looking up how the Sig Potency would look for each Champion depending on their Sig Level.
First here's Corvus at Sig 23:
Then Corvus at Sig 69:

Now Hyperion at Sig 23:
Then Hyperion at Sig 69:

Yes Another Awakening Post, bare with us... 53 votes

Corvus Glaive
20%
ArcDeAngelusCrkwestChagaljHSenpaiJBC89RoOOtsRasiloverzeezee57Amazing_Demon05X_Factor_AgentKaratemike415 11 votes
Hyperion
79%
Haggis_ballsFallencircusAjisdopeTerraSavio444EB54SceptilemaniacsolopoloRoronoaZoro23Morning_GoryScholiaCoachLedSociopathshadow_lurker22AleorFhfjghhggggjfhfjgNeotwismScrubkiller_1Wozzy101JimmyB 42 votes

Comments

• Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    I have a 5/65 Awakened Corvus and a r4 Hype. I was in the same boat as u and chose Hyperion. However, i just hate playing Hyperion. If u like Hype i would go with him. If u dont like him that we'll go with Corvus. My hype just sits on the bench cuz i hate his playstyle.
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Hyperion
    I have both at rank five and awakened. Used mine on Hyp first. He greatly benefits from it.
  • Options
    Ok, so would you guys suggest using All my Sig Stones on Hyperion? As you can see from the Aunt.ai Snapshots, there's not a Massive difference between Sig 23 (only the Cosmic Sig Stones) and Sig 69 (Both Cosmic And Generic Sig Stones).
  • Options

Ok, so would you guys suggest using All my Sig Stones on Hyperion? As you can see from the Aunt.ai Snapshots, there's not a Massive difference between Sig 23 (only the Cosmic Sig Stones) and Sig 69 (Both Cosmic And Generic Sig Stones).

(If the Snapshots didn't load for you, the difference is only 2.20%)
  • Options
    Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    Once you put 40sigs at Hyp you’re set, keep the rest for other champs. Hyperion is greay and just so much useful in many occasions, go with him.
    Corvus is a beast even anawakened.
  • Options
    Jungle92 said:

Once you put 40sigs at Hyp you’re set, keep the rest for other champs. Hyperion is greay and just so much useful in many occasions, go with him.
    Corvus is a beast even anawakened.

Any particular reason why Sig 40 specifically?
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I’m more interested in those keys you have in your inventory. In the 3rd screenshot, upper left corner > science, skill and tech. Where did you get those and what do they do?

More on topic: awaken whoever you have more fun playing with, if that’s Groot or Carnage, so be it 👍
  • Options

I’m more interested in those keys you have in your inventory. In the 3rd screenshot, upper left corner > science, skill and tech. Where did you get those and what do they do?

More on topic: awaken whoever you have more fun playing with, if that’s Groot or Carnage, so be it 👍

The Keys are for Act 5 Chapter 3, it's to unlock certain Paths so you can't just go through them in any order.
  • Options

Also I definitely enjoy Carnage and Hyperion equally, Corvus a little less... Though I did Just Rank 4 Corvus with a Rank Up Gem so I'm still getting used to him.
  • Options

I wouldn't. Hyperion is a strange bird in that he becomes so much stronger when awakened, but extra sig levels have almost no noticeable effect. I would awaken but not use sig stones on him unless I was literally overflowing in them. I would be much more inclined to put the sig stones into Movie Marvel instead, as there's a much stronger benefit to sig levels for her sig ability than Hyperion's.
  • Options
    HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    Corvus Glaive
    Don’t awaken hype yet. Corvus is far better with the awakening. You can save loads of revives and healing pots in maps 6/7. Survive way longer in endgame content because of the glaive when duped.
    Yes I get that hype is a beast and he gets extended buff duration.... still a better investment into Corvus
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

The Keys are for Act 5 Chapter 3, it's to unlock certain Paths so you can't just go through them in any order.
    Ah that’s what they are for, I completely forgot about those (it’s been a while since I’ve done 5.3).
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

I wouldn't. Hyperion is a strange bird in that he becomes so much stronger when awakened, but extra sig levels have almost no noticeable effect. I would awaken but not use sig stones on him unless I was literally overflowing in them. I would be much more inclined to put the sig stones into Movie Marvel instead, as there's a much stronger benefit to sig levels for her sig ability than Hyperion's.

Truth. My Hype is a sig 105 and I have a mate at sig 200. The difference? Buffs last 70% longer vs 75% longer at the sigs stated.
    Just to amplify, the total difference from sig 1 to sig 200 is about +65% to +75%, and while that seems like it might be noticeable that really means buffs go from lasting 165% as long as base duration to 175% of base duration, and the difference between 165 and 175 is about 6%.

So 199 sig stones equals 6% more buff duration relative to awakening at sig 1. That's very difficult to notice on a practical level.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Truth. My Hype is a sig 105 and I have a mate at sig 200. The difference? Buffs last 70% longer vs 75% longer at the sigs stated.
    Just to amplify, the total difference from sig 1 to sig 200 is about +65% to +75%
    Right on the nose

• Options
    zeezee57 said:

What content are you looking at and do you plan to use either for AW/AQ? Neither needs stones, just the awakening, I'd go Corvus, that utility he gets is maybe the single biggest potion saver in the game.

Well I do AQ (Map 4 and it will most likely stay that way because I don't have the time or want to grind Donation Resources) with VtD and Venom then 1 other Non Cosmic depending on the Miniboss, and that's not changing.
    I don't do AW, already done initial clear on Variant 2, 3, and 4, as well Act 5 initial clear and usually clear Uncollected EQ every month as well as 100% Chapter 1 then Sometimes Chapter 2.
  • Options
    Ok went with Hyperion and got him to an Even Sig 20, so he had an Even 70% Buff Duration Increase, also I needed to put a few more Points in the 3 Day Item Use Event. Thanks everyone for the help
  • Options
    AJXRXAJXRX Posts: 80
    Hyperion
    I love corvus more than hyp. But hyp needs that gem more than corvus