**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dark Lord or Darkchylde?

SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
edited January 2020 in Strategy and Tips
What’s better to rank up: 4 star Magik to rank 5 or 5 star Dormammu to rank 2 (or maybe rank 3 if i have the resources)? I’m currently in the last part of act 5.1. Also if you guys want me to rank up Magik, should I awaken her with my generic 4 star awakening gem?

Dark Lord or Darkchylde? 49 votes

5 Star Dormammu to rank 2 (or maybe 3)
30%
MegaSkater67SiriusBreakDOKTOROKTOPUSSharkPowerr99SpiderCoolsAanthoAssumedNameDenslo500Dead1Adishvar_26Suman_sahALucasjones_98Lucifer1810H3ri0P4dlai 15 votes
4 star Magik to rank 5
69%
TerraGrundalowLvernon15Mohit_7SamdroxtaarSavio444solopoloOnmixThesurvivlistKillerRino19LibertyPrimeV1John757Battle_GreninjaMegaGalacticLordRaymond3FhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSquish671RockypantherxMeebletonLordSmasher 34 votes

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Dormammu is without a doubt a stronger power control champion than magik. Have him at 5/65 as a 5* and he’s brilliant. Double immunity, quite possibly the best power control champ available, excellent nullify, energy attacks and he can heal too. His medium attack power drain is a huge advantage over magik and he also drains significantly more power on a SP2 as well. Decent damage from soul bond detonations which can help to compensate for his low damage on normal hits.
  • SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
    Thanks for your opinion @MegaSkater67! More people voted for Magik though so I’ll have to wait for a while until I have a final verdict.
    So far more people voted so Magik. Should I awaken her?
  • 5 Star Dormammu to rank 2 (or maybe 3)
    I agree with @MegaSkater67 on this one. While Magik for a longtime was the goto for Power Control, Dormammu is quite efficient. As previously stated, dual immunity, which Magik lacks any. You can control the flow of a champ's power with Dorm without any specials (spam MM and they'll never gain anything). He's #XL so useful for V2 (Magik, not so much). Also, Dormammu being a 5* ans Magik a 4*, Dormammu will undoubtedly remain useful far longer than Magik in this instance.

Magik does have her perks though. Awakened and high sig level will result in cycling Limbo. Her S2 Power Control is fantastic. An amazing champ for intercepting. Her damage output ain't half bad either. At the end of the day, it really depends upon who you are most comfortable fighting with, and what your near future plans are for content you're gonna be tackling. I wouldn't go solely upon the results of a poll. Weigh it all out and choose who will serve YOU best @SkyBlueGaming .
    Thanks @SiriusBreak for the advice! I’m glad there are good people like you in these forums. I might go for Magik for now because her nullify and power control is insane. I must ask: How high must Magik’s sig level be to be good (for a 4 star)?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    4 star Magik to rank 5
    Dormammu just hits so weakly I don’t think he’s close to better than magik, he has immunities, I’d say his power control is at a similar level, but magik has double the damage and is much more sustainable with her damage rewind thing with limbo
  • 5 Star Dormammu to rank 2 (or maybe 3)
    Always happy to provide perspective @SkyBlueGaming . Now in all honesty, it has been a LONG time since I had Magik below max sig level. She was my goto champ for AQ Map 5 long ago. Sig level 20-30 she starts getting good if my memory serves me correct. If you run her with MD3+ (Mystic Dispersion Mastery with 3 points) that will help increase your power quicker (vs Buff Laden champs), and in turn, the chances of Limbo cycling. The rewind of damage dealt during a Limbo cycle is also a beautiful thing. I'm a big fan of Magik even though I rarely use her these days.

@Lvernon15 this is true. Dorm isn't a powerhouse for general damage output. However, once 4* Magik his R5/50, that's her peak. Once 5* Dormammu hits R4/55, he will supersede her damage output, let alone R5/65. With the focus turning towards 5* champs in CoC and 6* champs being the top tier, longterm it's a bit better to invest in 5* champs. Especially when they're about equal in certain respects to X 4*, and supersede them in others. In this case, Dormammu is quite effective with Power Control.

Honestly, if my focus hadn't switched to high damage over power control, I would've taken my 5* Dormammu to R4 minimum already. However, when you have 5* Domino, Ghost, Beardo, and Nick Fury (among other hard hitters) Dormammu's Power Control is a moot point, lol. Maybe someday I may still take him up to R4. Just have too many other options that far exceed him right now (also have a 5* Magik I've yet to take to R4).

In conclusion, short term 4* Magik is a GRAND option you can't go wrong with IMO. Dormammu is also a good option for the long term in many respects. Really boils down to whomever you're most comfortable fighting with, and will serve you best for your current in game goals. Eventually you may rank both if you don't land someone that supersedes their usefulness. Which honestly, is bound to happen over time. Truthfully, both have their perks. Best wishes @SkyBlueGaming , may your next crystal yield someone epic!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    4 star Magik to rank 5

Always happy to provide perspective @SkyBlueGaming . Now in all honesty, it has been a LONG time since I had Magik below max sig level. She was my goto champ for AQ Map 5 long ago. Sig level 20-30 she starts getting good if my memory serves me correct. If you run her with MD3+ (Mystic Dispersion Mastery with 3 points) that will help increase your power quicker (vs Buff Laden champs), and in turn, the chances of Limbo cycling. The rewind of damage dealt during a Limbo cycle is also a beautiful thing. I'm a big fan of Magik even though I rarely use her these days.

@Lvernon15 this is true. Dorm isn't a powerhouse for general damage output. However, once 4* Magik his R5/50, that's her peak. Once 5* Dormammu hits R4/55, he will supersede her damage output, let alone R5/65. With the focus turning towards 5* champs in CoC and 6* champs being the top tier, longterm it's a bit better to invest in 5* champs. Especially when they're about equal in certain respects to X 4*, and supersede them in others. In this case, Dormammu is quite effective with Power Control.

Honestly, if my focus hadn't switched to high damage over power control, I would've taken my 5* Dormammu to R4 minimum already. However, when you have 5* Domino, Ghost, Beardo, and Nick Fury (among other hard hitters) Dormammu's Power Control is a moot point, lol. Maybe someday I may still take him up to R4. Just have too many other options that far exceed him right now (also have a 5* Magik I've yet to take to R4).

In conclusion, short term 4* Magik is a GRAND option you can't go wrong with IMO. Dormammu is also a good option for the long term in many respects. Really boils down to whomever you're most comfortable fighting with, and will serve you best for your current in game goals. Eventually you may rank both if you don't land someone that supersedes their usefulness. Which honestly, is bound to happen over time. Truthfully, both have their perks. Best wishes @SkyBlueGaming , may your next crystal yield someone epic!

I’d never take form to 5-65, and a 4-55 dorm still hits weaker than a 5-50 magik I’d say, and personally I don’t consider him r4 worthy
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for your opinions @SiriusBreak and @Lvernon15! I hope you guys get someone great and fun too! I just realized that I need two more tier 4 basic catalysts since I used some to rank 5 my corvus. Is there a way to earn those without doing proving grounds?
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited January 2020
    Yes @SkyBlueGaming , the T4bc Arena is an easier way to allocate T4s. You in an Alliance? Map 4+ will help you allocate more fairly quickly. Ideally Map 5 though. Obviously the monthly EQ will get you a few across a few difficulties. As you progress, they come faster and faster.

@Lvernon15 to each their own. I like Dormammu and he's worth the effort in my opinion. Power Control for V2 is something Magik cannot provide. Don't get me wrong, as stated above, big fan of Magik. Just acknowledging her limitations in comparison, and her perks by comparison.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I’d never take form to 5-65, and a 4-55 dorm still hits weaker than a 5-50 magik I’d say, and personally I don’t consider him r4 worthy
    If you get enough heavy attacks in his damage really isn’t that bad. Mine hit for 15-20k at 5/65 and his degen helps to get a bit more in. Magik needs the opponent to have a lot of buffs to do noticeably more damage than dorm in my opinion.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    4 star Magik to rank 5
    Awakened Magik's limbo puts her out in front. Cycle her specials correctly and you can be in a perpetual limbo and rewind all chip damage. Her prestige isn't super impressive, but she more than makes up for it in utility.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Dormammu: Mostly because he can be used in Act 6.
    Also assuming, you can get the Heavies for his damage, learn his very specific playstyle, and heal enough to deal with the block damage.
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    4 star Magik to rank 5
    Magik can just chain heavies and that’s gg. Limbo makes her even more useful
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! @SiriusBreak I am in an alliance so I’ll do my best to do alliance quest now.