Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

1111214161724

Comments

  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,654 ★★★★★
    edited January 11

    Why can't you add more fun content where we can use characters we like to play like ROL with rewards we can grind? Are you still trying to make a game that is fun for the majority player base or you just trying to find something for the top players to pay a lot for to get their prestige rank ups? You have to balance these two things! Why isn't there ROL 2, 3, 4, 5 all with different farmable items, different characters and different challenges?

    The majority of the community has more fun in ancient content (ROL) testing out new characters than any of this new content we will only ever play through once! Have you lost your best designers or have you just lost touch with the player base with what we'd actually be happy with? Stop releasing characters, stabilize the bugs, and give us some new content to have casual FUN with!

    For example act 6.3, for a bit I thought it was a feature to be able to grind tier2 alphas and after calculating the cost for energy and a revive or two it worked out to be a fair price. It'd be a great price with a perfect run and a poor price for excess deaths but at least progress would be made and fun would be had. That was "fixed" fairly quickly though.

    When ROL was released it wasn't meant to be fun content you could use to grind health potions. It was end game content which no one could do without spending, and no amount of spending could get you past Wolverine unless you had Electro and were willing to just keep reviving. I'm sure at the time people thought of it as a greedy cash grab lol. Asking why they are releasing this content instead of more content like ROL has become years after the fact doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    I would hate being in a position with tons of money, purely because the first to try and do this are being held ransom.

    I hope they see sense and don’t even attempt it.

    It’s been said many of times, but imaging doing 10 fights and get stuck where your just dying instantly, what a waste of 10 fights and all those units spent on the way.

    Anyway, no rush to do it all is there, but still whenever it’s done, it’s gonna be very unfair
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Let the bot accounts make the map and then real players can play it
  • Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 57
    What's the point in Gully 2099 then? She caps out at 350 hits in Lol and even a R3 6* will cap out before her max damage ceiling on this basis. Hopefully there'll be some other content where a 5/65 5* can be used at max potential.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 172
    It's funny that I thought "guillotine 2099 has never faced an event where she could reach combo 600. Maybe the famous Abyss will be that event."
    What an idiot I was! This time I only can do 240 hits, I deal more hits against extreme red Hulk.
    Maybe I will use her in the next impossible event, hoping that there won't be nodes like "counter tactics"
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 435 ★★★
    God bless these Legends runners. I can't imagine taking the risk of running 90% of an Abyss path then getting stuck on someone you don't have a counter for.
  • Boompow13Boompow13 Posts: 4
    So Miike, why limit starlord's hit cap at 400 for his sig ability? Because he'll start hitting the damage cap at like 50-100 hits in on his sp2. Why limit his hits then not even let us get to his damage limit?
    It just seems weird to me that one of the oldest champs in the game is completely countered basically. Can we ever expect content where starlord can be used to his full potential or should I just leave my max sig r5 to eternally collect dust in my roster since he has become outdated and worthless?
    Compared to ghost and corvus who fulfill quick damage ramp up. Similar to proxima who also is becoming more and more worthless by the second. Is there any point to getting these champs ranked up anymore?
  • booscka2536booscka2536 Posts: 227
    6* ag damn . come on hqsean smash this out . wondering what they will give us once its finished lol 3* warlock from the last gift
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,071 ★★★★
    My feedback is this: the champs that should be good for this content are not (ramp up champs).

    The only champ that I see is great for this Content is Namor. Namor is rumored to get a nerf. How could we possibly do this content if a champion like Namor will be getting nerfed?
  • Mike192Mike192 Posts: 209

    My feedback is this: the champs that should be good for this content are not (ramp up champs).

    The only champ that I see is great for this Content is Namor. Namor is rumored to get a nerf. How could we possibly do this content if a champion like Namor will be getting nerfed?

    How Namor? Wont he just be hitting his damage cap every now and then? 85k x3 in SP2 is good damage but there are many aspects that come into play reducing how many specials you may fire before it finally depletes ur skirmish charges

    Looking at seatins video, Torch is by far one of the most beneficial champ for numerous fights
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 151
    edited January 13
    RogerRabs said:

    God bless these Legends runners. I can't imagine taking the risk of running 90% of an Abyss path then getting stuck on someone you don't have a counter for.

    Majority of these legend runs historically were done by mercs for hire (sad but true...) and they will have Abyss mapped out pretty fast.
  • Mike192Mike192 Posts: 209
    Uppercut said:

    RogerRabs said:

    God bless these Legends runners. I can't imagine taking the risk of running 90% of an Abyss path then getting stuck on someone you don't have a counter for.

    Majority of these legend runs historically were done by mercs for hire (sad but true...) and they will have Abyss mapped out pretty fast.
    And those same people who hire mercs easily spend $2k+ per month so at most they are banned for a week and thats it. But its not totally bad, we get the maps and best counters laid out immediately lol
  • FalongFalong Posts: 112
    abyss 100% will cost at least 60 odins, good luck ! ahah
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 940 ★★★★
    I've done plenty of thinking on this and the rewards don't match effort. I already have a 6 star dupped r2 Aegon and I'll do my initial run when I take him to r3 and will skip exploring. Hopefully there is an easy path.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 76

    Agentk said:

    The damage cap is annoying as well for a limited amount of hits and the biggest healthpools we’ve ever seen punishes skill and rewards a big wallet

    If you're not ready to do this yet, come back when you've built out/up your Roster! This content isn't going anywhere!
    New champs or old champs won’t make that damage cap bigger.
    No, but higher Ranks/Rarities will make the Challenger Rating higher, and new abilities will make encounters easier to Manager.

    Remember when Labyrinth was released? No Champion like Aegon existed. His existence shows that progress and new abilities can make Content more manageable.
    Yes, Aegon came along, but when the maze awards didn't mean anything extremely good anymore, today we get alpha 2 on the calendar
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 1,145 ★★★
    Just a little over a week away. Anyone excited?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 260
    edited January 14
    One question for Kabam

    Why are you creating champions that can do 400k damage with a little build up if you cap the damage max to 50k or 85k in the only content, labyrinth and abyss, where we can really build our champion up to do 400k damage ?

    In the other content, either we don’t have time to build up, the opponent is kill to quickly, or when we can we barely have the possibility to do 1 times this kind of damage...

    And for the majority of champions, they can never do 50k of damage ! Even your sacro-saint cyclop will never be able to do 50k damage with its sp ! 😁
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 940 ★★★★
    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 577 ★★★

    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.

    R3 5* can’t do LOL, why should they be able to do AOL?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 940 ★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.

    R3 5* can’t do LOL, why should they be able to do AOL?
    Since you asked. When LOL came out the best of the best was a r3 5 star. Right now that would be the equivalent of a maxed out 5 star. Soon aftrer that act 5.4 came out and we received acces to r4 5 stars. Which allowed us to be able to one shot fights in LOL due to longer enrage timers. So to keep in line with this it would only be fair to make a r3 6 stars capable of one shotting Abyss champions. Right now not even a r4 6 star which doesn't even exist can do that at the moment.

    So I would like to keep the same thing in terms of power requirements, this is the reason why the rewards aren't justified at the moment.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 940 ★★★★
    Agentk said:

    Markjv81 said:

    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.

    R3 5* can’t do LOL, why should they be able to do AOL?
    Since you asked. When LOL came out the best of the best was a r3 5 star. Right now that would be the equivalent of a maxed out 5 star. Soon aftrer that act 5.4 came out and we received acces to r4 5 stars. Which allowed us to be able to one shot fights in LOL due to longer enrage timers. So to keep in line with this it would only be fair to make a r3 6 stars capable of one shotting Abyss champions. Right now not even a r4 6 star which doesn't even exist can do that at the moment.

    So I would like to keep the same thing in terms of power requirements, this is the reason why the rewards aren't justified at the moment.
    You do realize there were r4 champs before 5.4?
    Also there’s a good few champs who could probably one shot abyss champs due to cheese or just high damage (please no limber)
    Most people did their initial run of LOL with a maxed 4 star like myself. So either way my point still stands. Also, if you really think there's a champion that exists with this damage cap that can take out a 4 to 6 million champion in less than 240 hits I'm wasting my time responding because you don't understand this game on a basic level.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
    Agentk said:

    Agentk said:

    Markjv81 said:

    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.

    R3 5* can’t do LOL, why should they be able to do AOL?
    Since you asked. When LOL came out the best of the best was a r3 5 star. Right now that would be the equivalent of a maxed out 5 star. Soon aftrer that act 5.4 came out and we received acces to r4 5 stars. Which allowed us to be able to one shot fights in LOL due to longer enrage timers. So to keep in line with this it would only be fair to make a r3 6 stars capable of one shotting Abyss champions. Right now not even a r4 6 star which doesn't even exist can do that at the moment.

    So I would like to keep the same thing in terms of power requirements, this is the reason why the rewards aren't justified at the moment.
    You do realize there were r4 champs before 5.4?
    Also there’s a good few champs who could probably one shot abyss champs due to cheese or just high damage (please no limber)
    Most people did their initial run of LOL with a maxed 4 star like myself. So either way my point still stands. Also, if you really think there's a champion that exists with this damage cap that can take out a 4 to 6 million champion in less than 240 hits I'm wasting my time responding because you don't understand this game on a basic level.
    And 4* r5 couldn’t one shot fights while in this case a good few of the fights seems they could be one shot by a 5* r5 such as domino archangel human torch(vs mystic) doctor voodoo will be able to cheese at least 2 of the fights pretty much all of the easy path should be able to 1 shot as they have 2-2.7mil health unless there’s a node increasing health that we haven’t seen yet I doubt it as wasn’t the case in lol
    Also I’ll say suicides will be insanely useful for this content
    I don’t agree with the hit limit though
    Not to interject into the argument but I believe there is still a 300% health/attack missing from the videos seatin is posting. Which would add about another million health or so on what we have been shown.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 577 ★★★

    Agentk said:

    Markjv81 said:

    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.

    R3 5* can’t do LOL, why should they be able to do AOL?
    Since you asked. When LOL came out the best of the best was a r3 5 star. Right now that would be the equivalent of a maxed out 5 star. Soon aftrer that act 5.4 came out and we received acces to r4 5 stars. Which allowed us to be able to one shot fights in LOL due to longer enrage timers. So to keep in line with this it would only be fair to make a r3 6 stars capable of one shotting Abyss champions. Right now not even a r4 6 star which doesn't even exist can do that at the moment.

    So I would like to keep the same thing in terms of power requirements, this is the reason why the rewards aren't justified at the moment.
    You do realize there were r4 champs before 5.4?
    Also there’s a good few champs who could probably one shot abyss champs due to cheese or just high damage (please no limber)
    Most people did their initial run of LOL with a maxed 4 star like myself. So either way my point still stands. Also, if you really think there's a champion that exists with this damage cap that can take out a 4 to 6 million champion in less than 240 hits I'm wasting my time responding because you don't understand this game on a basic level.
    So your admitting you had to use revives to do your initial run with a champ that has equivalent power rating to an r3 5* but an r3 5* should be able to solo AOL fights which should be harder that LOL fights? This makes absolutely no sense, you shouldn’t be able to use r3 5* to earn r3 6* rewards.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,302 ★★★★
    edited January 15
    Jaded said:

    Agentk said:

    Agentk said:

    Markjv81 said:

    I think the damage cap is just petty but there are far more bigger concerns.
    The hit count for the type of health pools involved is just way too low. A Descent number for those health pools would be at least 300 hits per r2 6 star so you can do some type of real damage. R3 5 stars should should basically be able to complete the match without reviving so I'm think 400 hits. Using 4 or 5 revives when you've done nothing wrong to complete a fight is just not fun.

    R3 5* can’t do LOL, why should they be able to do AOL?
    Since you asked. When LOL came out the best of the best was a r3 5 star. Right now that would be the equivalent of a maxed out 5 star. Soon aftrer that act 5.4 came out and we received acces to r4 5 stars. Which allowed us to be able to one shot fights in LOL due to longer enrage timers. So to keep in line with this it would only be fair to make a r3 6 stars capable of one shotting Abyss champions. Right now not even a r4 6 star which doesn't even exist can do that at the moment.

    So I would like to keep the same thing in terms of power requirements, this is the reason why the rewards aren't justified at the moment.
    You do realize there were r4 champs before 5.4?
    Also there’s a good few champs who could probably one shot abyss champs due to cheese or just high damage (please no limber)
    Most people did their initial run of LOL with a maxed 4 star like myself. So either way my point still stands. Also, if you really think there's a champion that exists with this damage cap that can take out a 4 to 6 million champion in less than 240 hits I'm wasting my time responding because you don't understand this game on a basic level.
    And 4* r5 couldn’t one shot fights while in this case a good few of the fights seems they could be one shot by a 5* r5 such as domino archangel human torch(vs mystic) doctor voodoo will be able to cheese at least 2 of the fights pretty much all of the easy path should be able to 1 shot as they have 2-2.7mil health unless there’s a node increasing health that we haven’t seen yet I doubt it as wasn’t the case in lol
    Also I’ll say suicides will be insanely useful for this content
    I don’t agree with the hit limit though
    Not to interject into the argument but I believe there is still a 300% health/attack missing from the videos seatin is posting. Which would add about another million health or so on what we have been shown.
    That thought would be the result of major brain fart and logic fail. Ex. champions (in LoL) are base stats, their health and attack are unmodified.


    Champion boost nodes are not present in RoL nor LoL; and as previously mentioned would break the content.
Sign In or Register to comment.