**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6.2 Rarity Gates the beginning of the end for non whale spenders and/or not 7/24 on MCOC?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★

I still hate act 6.2 overall. I 100% completed 6.3 a week after its release and still haven't fully explored 6.2. Fortunately because I've waited on completing 6.2 I have pulled CapIW and Warlocke in the past 3 weeks so now I can easily one shot the Champion 6.2.6 boss and one shot Mr. Sinister boss. It still isn't enjoyable but since I've pulled the perfect counters I will finish it up well before 6.4 is released.

Also, I predicted the death of the gates for 6.3 and beyond and I was right. Kabam still haven't changed it for 6.2 but they have discontinued them moving forward and probably will remove the gates to help others complete 6.4 for those who are locked out of act 6.3 due to the Champion boss.

I wouldn't say they discontinued it. V4 is gated but no one made a fuss about aside from those who sold their 1* champs but that's a different story.

Not sure why its a crime to have gates in 6.2 or the 4* "gate" in act 6 but its fun interactive content when they do it with variant 4. Both are permanent content so what's the difference?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Some of them survived some of them gave up etc. I don’t buy that ****.

I’m a survivor if the issue is being in the game long enough to see “gates”. But game is not fun for me like before, trying to explore 6.2 and stuck at 6.2.5 gates. I’m f2p from beginning and Literally grinding arenas or low cost energy quests for some 10-15 units. I just don’t like the idea of preparing this much to a “gate” before entering it.

The idea of this thread was that “people who don’t spend going to struggle hard in these gates”. It’s actually happening now. And thank you guys @raffster @Dshu @xNig for far seer opinions.

You know, I've been on the forum long enough to come to the conclusion that Kabam could introduce an algorithm/feature into the game that siphons money directly from your bank account, and @GroundedWisdom and @Demonzfyre would still find a way to defend it.

The gates in act 6 were very clearly introduced to force spending, it doesn't take Vulcan levels of deductive logic to figure that out. It had nothing to do with making the content "more challenging" as they claim, or 4 stars would be allowed.

Challenging content doesn't always have to mean doing it with low ranking 4* champs. Challenging could also mean thinking outside the box when it comes to match ups and using champs you don't normally do. Take for instance Variant 2. It's made to where you should be using XL champions and there aren't a lot of them that are great out there. They have buffs in each chapter that help a certain XL champ. Joe Fixit even has a buff dedicated to him and who ever uses him but if you have him, he could help clear content because of it.

If you are complaining about gates, why wouldn't you complain about those buffs that help only a champs and some that are considered the worst of the worst.
    Why aren't you complaining that at 5.3 only allowed 1 class per chapter that didn't get their attack cut in half.
    Why don't you complain about the other class restricted gates that litter other content in other Acts and proving grounds?

Gates aren't new and have been around for the entire existence of the game. It's only forced spending if you actually spend money. Come back to it when you get the champs you want to use. I've been playing since release 'ish and only just did a LoL run in January. Thats the beauty of permanent content.
    It’s been almost one year and you people are not even close what this thread says.
    Yet here we are, people survived. Some got past the Gates. Some are still working on it. Doesn't seem to be the end of anything. Seems like they did exactly what they intended, to me. Provided another level of challenge, and separated Players based on progress.
    In an eventuality, your roster will be deep enough to handle the gates with a full team of R4/5s. As much as it's unpopular, 6.2 is going to be the hardest (and most exhausting) piece to 100% explore Act 6, which further separates the players (especially the non-spending ones) into those with 6* R3 and those without.

It might be unintended, it might be intended by the Kabam Devs. Whatever is the case, it is what it is and if F2P players have the intention to 100% Act 6, they have to grind or save for the resources or wait until they are good/strong enough to handle it.

(I saved up close to 3 Odins before I 100% it in one go for a Legends run. F2P. Got stuck for a week on the No Retreat Champion as my final fight before 100%. Needless to say, didn't get the tag. Oh well lol)
    yea i got the idea of exploring 6.2 is hard for a f2p. those mutant gate is nothing but **** with a %200 power gain with aspect of evolution punisher on it. just.. it just doesnt fit the rewards are worthy after that point. you know, weeks of preperation and in the end, 15k 5* shards and some 6* shards. Idk lets how 6.4 is going to be...
    That Punisher is pretty easy with AA. I believe the new Colo can handle him alright too.

6.4 is gonna be harder and more punishing. 😊
    Are u in the 6.4 beta as well?
    Yup. Tested 6.1 through 6.4.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

I still hate act 6.2 overall. I 100% completed 6.3 a week after its release and still haven't fully explored 6.2. Fortunately because I've waited on completing 6.2 I have pulled CapIW and Warlocke in the past 3 weeks so now I can easily one shot the Champion 6.2.6 boss and one shot Mr. Sinister boss. It still isn't enjoyable but since I've pulled the perfect counters I will finish it up well before 6.4 is released.

Also, I predicted the death of the gates for 6.3 and beyond and I was right. Kabam still haven't changed it for 6.2 but they have discontinued them moving forward and probably will remove the gates to help others complete 6.4 for those who are locked out of act 6.3 due to the Champion boss.

Kabam tries new things from chapter to chapter, similar to 5.3 with keys.

They’re not likely to remove the gates in 6.2.

For those who are still stuck, then they just gotta be patient and wait.
  • Options
    Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 48
    Haji_Saab said:

Unpopular opinion but I liked gates. Gave me a reason to diversify rank ups

I could appreciate that side if things but what annoyed me was not being able to use 6* in the 5* gate requirements, for example if they were asking for 4 5* science it should really have been 5 or 6* science

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

I think it is more accurate to say Kabam eased off the use of gates, as all of Act 6 still has the 6.1 gate locking out champs 4* and lower. I don't think the 6.2 gates didn't work per se, I think Kabam ran into the opposite problem where they worked all too well: they convinced people to not do the content until they could pull the "perfect" team to counter the gates, and that was so binary of an effect that it showed up in their data as players simply not attempting the content at all (or attempting one completion and then never going back again).

I don't think 6.2 invalidates gates, it simply shows the obvious: for every design option, there's such a thing as going too far. Designs have to be balanced between lots of different opposing criteria, and the 6.2 gates went too far in one direction for most end game players.

It also demonstrates something I've said before: what players do is way more important than what they say. There were tons of complaints about the 6.1 5* gate, but we played the content so it stayed. There was actually less complaints about the 6.2 gates, but players didn't play the content so Kabam decided to change direction for 6.3. Kabam listens to the players, but they care more about the sound of our footsteps than our voices.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    xNig said:

Kabam tries new things from chapter to chapter, similar to 5.3 with keys.

They’re not likely to remove the gates in 6.2.

For those who are still stuck, then they just gotta be patient and wait.
    Well all of 6.2 wasn't good. It wasn't a chapter or 2. @Demonzfyre the issue with the gates is that it made the game less fun. I enjoy using the full roster that I've built, which is why V1 is still the hardest to complete out of all because your roster is limtied by class.

I'd much rather have a path that freezes champs out like 6.3 does with biohazard amongst many other than a class rarity gates. No one thinks thats fun and its a cheap way to make things harder to build a whole chapter in an act around it.

@DNA3000 I think we agree. I don't care whether it was kabam listening to our complaints or just going by the data. Either way it wasn't a success and I want the game to do better and recently I think they have. We'll see with Abyss though but I have no plans to play it until I have champions that can one shot a fight.