Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

What time on March 11? I wanna wake up 30 mins before so I can eat before seatin goes live

Usually 1 p.m. EDT.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★

What time on March 11? I wanna wake up 30 mins before so I can eat before seatin goes live

It’s out in 10 hours and a few minutes
  • deepblack12deepblack12 Member Posts: 230 ★★
    Looking forward to it.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Tighten up your shoelaces Grandmaster.. We're coming for you! 😛
    Well.. as soon as I get off work:)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,018 ★★★★★
    @WeeHobbit89 I'm not sure what you're talking about, 6.4 was relatively easy and most certainly fair.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I am up to the last level for completion but I am not confident in my 1400 units
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    Absolutely loved the chapter. 6.3.3 darkhawk is an enormous pain alongside a few other fights here and there but otherwise great chapter, at least for completion. Grandmaster fight was awesome. Well done Kabam.
    Positive reviews on The Collector across the board from what I'm seeing.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Haha. Seems like the nodes that boosts the attacker’s damage were buffed since the beta.

Not as draggy as before. 👍🏻
  • Sarah89Sarah89 Member Posts: 29
    I just wanted to appreciate this awesome content! In particular w.r.t the latest issues. Completing 6.4. was the most fun I ever had in the game. The chapter progression felt quite perfect and the Grandmaster fight is just magic. To me this is the MCOC equivalent to Infinity War :) So far ;) I am pretty sure you made a lot of summoners really happy. I am really looking forward to the exploration!

Positive reviews on The Collector across the board from what I'm seeing.

*Grandmaster (brain fart)
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Member Posts: 481 ★★★
    No one is more critical of this game than me (Mostly due to the fact that it is far and away the best mobile game I've ever played, which makes me passionate) but I also will give credit where credit is due. That Grandmaster fight is the most incredibly fun thing Kabam has ever done. Nameless Thanos was a treat but this absolutely blows it out of the water. Great Job team, you got this one 1000% right.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm just glad they didn't have a 12k offer giving us all the items we asked for instead of it being in the rewards.
    I did predict that happening and I was incorrect. The Grandmaster is no where near as hard as the Champion so all in all I can say good job so far from kabam even though the content is very difficult for any roster. I would still have liked Generic Awakening gem and t5cc selector though.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Haha. Seems like the nodes that boosts the attacker’s damage were buffed since the beta.

Not as draggy as before. 👍🏻

Which node are you referring to?
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Member Posts: 239 ★★
    6.4 100% review

Overall I really enjoyed this content. The grandmaster fight is my favorite boss fight in recent memory. I do wish you had done a short path as I would love to keep trying him for a solo.

My only gripes and they are the same feedback I left in your beta, is the power sting path is not enjoyable. I used Emma and while the fights aren't hard, they are just gruelingly long and boring. Obviously Mr. F would make that path quick and less painful. This content does require a fairly developed roster in my opinion. For the most part felt all the mini bosses are fair.

Looking forward to what is in store for Act 1 and beyond!!!

• Timone147Timone147 Member Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I just wanted to drop a note to the people who designed the grandmaster fight. This is the type of challenge that we need in the game. None of the BS mechanics and all of the skill testing. This is the best designed fight this game has seen and I hope it continues. It is the right level of challenge along with reward for playing well. And amazingly no BS “interactive damage” mechanics.

Again thank you to the developers of this and please tailor content toward this type of model in the future. Truly was a fun fight to play and can be tackled by really any champ with the right summoner.
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Technical question: does the good and bad tokens in the grandmaster fight counts as a buff, a passive, or a whole new mechanic?
  • RaiserRaiser Member Posts: 424 ★★
    edited March 2020

Best boss ever, and best reward ever for completion. Thanks kabam
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Technical question: does the good and bad tokens in the grandmaster fight counts as a buff, a passive, or a whole new mechanic?

No they do not, tokens reset each phase also.

I finally completed 100%. Overall this was some of the best content I think they've come out with. Abyss and Chapter 4 were really enjoyable and challenging. Grandmaster fight is actually fun an interactive. I'm glad they didn't lower block proficiency or give him insane attack. It is more of a skill based fight, easy to get wrecked if you aren't paying attention but it's definitely fair and difficult. The only issue I had was the 90% reduction in attack for certain lanes. I am lucky and had counters for all of it but it's just not a good game design, no skill involved at all just need the right champs. Mr. F, Doc Oc and finally got to use Sparky again (forgot how good he was) and it was pretty easy and enjoyable. But if you don't have the right counters you might as well forget about it, as it would be very boring and not fun.

I definitely give this content an A rating, I ended up selecting Cosmic frags from selector and got lucky and pulled 25% cosmic to form a T5C which went straight to Corvus the King of Crits! Kabam keep it up with the great new content you are putting out, and keep focusing on skill fights over damage reduction and block proficiency stuff please :smiley:

Also big thanks for hearing the community and updating the rewards..........I have a lot of ranking up to do!
  • Das_giDas_gi Member Posts: 320 ★★
    One problem I think there is. In my opinion cap IW’s prowess synergy with storm and beast should work. Now it doesn’t cause it’s a so called passive prowess effect
  • ZurafaZurafa Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2020
    Just want to thank Kabam for a really fun and well made fight in the grandmaster, was a perfect boss battle to end the elders saga imo. Really hope you guys do more fights like this in the future (and nothing like the 6.2 champion boss again lol)
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Das_gi said:

One problem I think there is. In my opinion cap IW’s prowess synergy with storm and beast should work. Now it doesn’t cause it’s a so called passive prowess effect

It does work. I used it for that path
  • CyporgCyporg Member Posts: 300 ★★
    Aside from the grandmaster, I thought the hardest chapter boss was Darkhawk, followed by CMM, Hydra Sym, Iceman then Thor Rags. My 5* rewards were ****, but I pulled Stealth Spidey 6* so it was worth it. Used a lot of revives plowing through 6.4.
  • Das_giDas_gi Member Posts: 320 ★★
    @Worknprogress what champs did you use cause a lot of my alliance mates tried it and it doesn’t work except when the champ itself also has a prowess effect (sunspot, EF, ...). Doesn’t work for the likes of domino or namor that don’t have prowess of their own

Das_gi said:

@Worknprogress what champs did you use cause a lot of my alliance mates tried it and it doesn’t work except when the champ itself also has a prowess effect (sunspot, EF, ...). Doesn’t work for the likes of domino or namor that don’t have prowess of their own

Definitley works for domino as that's who I used. You only get the damage during specials due to the other node. Regular attacks basically do nothing. The only time you get normal damage is during specials
    But how would little old me know that as you basically questioned anything I know about his game since you've decided to latch on to my posts recently @Das_gi ? Not sure why you'd be concerned with what I have to say
  • arsjumarsjum Member Posts: 412 ★★★
    CapIW mutant synergy for the prowess path definitely works. I tag-teamed that path with Colussus and Emma Frost. Worked exactly as intended.
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Member Posts: 160
    If I don’t have mr fantastic and don’t want to rank Yellowjacket who should I use for the power sting path?
  • OnmixOnmix Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    @Mhd20034
    HT, Emma (in my testing she needs to be R5) or wait.
    Unitman is always great obviously
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Member Posts: 160
    Can ht work for all fights without the pre fight ability?