**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War ending issues [Merged Thread; Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

Damn it. I hate autocorrect sometimes. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.
    Well that’s a horse of a different color. So we don’t even need to attack then? Just let it pass, war rating gets fixed manually before the Sunday war and we all move on like nothing happened?
    @Kabam Miike
    Before Sunday? I can’t say for certain, but it will be fixed and not affect the Season’s final ratings. The longer it takes to fix, the more complicated it will be, but we will fix it.

But war rating affects points man. If it doesn’t get fixed by the next war that changes the entire landscape of the season. You fix it 3 wars later it doesn’t help. We are one win away from tier 3. We lose then it doesn’t get fixed by Sunday it’s a butterfly effect on the points for the season. Practically impossible to fix it correctly way to many variables

I know. But we’re going to have to take that all into account. Our team is aware of the various complications that this will happen. And that’s why I’m saying it might not be by Sunday, and the longer it takes the more complicated it will be.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

End of the day, it's a joke of a situation most of us are stuck in but really this is exactly how offseason wars used to work anyway.

Incredibly inconvenient but I have zero faith in them doing anything to correct that. So here we will sit, either sucking it up and going for a win or taking a pass and dumping the rating

Huge difference, the time you are speaking of people had the choice to start and tank the war. This is a situation where the choice was removed. War for seasons was already started...
    Well apparently we have their word it will be fixed so it's irrelevant. Not sure I'm gonna bank on that but here's to hoping it gets worked out
  • Captain_KatyCaptain_Katy Posts: 73
    I'm confused. As someone whose alliance has already played a 5m war, I missed my opportunity to participate. I did not get three emails with war rewards in them. That's the situation for probably 28/30 members of my alliance.

Those who did jump into the 5m war got some pretty weak shards for the few nodes they were able to walk over in five minutes. And our war rating reflects the completion of a war that no one participated in.

So our war rating is adjusted and no one got any rewards. Tomorrow, some people will play their wars. Their ratings may or may not adjust (who the heck knows?), but it won't reflect a typical war effort because the powers that be have declared this to be a lame duck war.

Nothing about that seems fair and/or equitable thus far.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike hopefully it is before Sunday matchmaking. War rating effects matchmaking, tier level (multiplier) and map difficulty. Some alliances have already seen their war rating and tier level change from this fiasco and shouldn’t be penalized (or benefit) from this issue
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

Jaded said:

End of the day, it's a joke of a situation most of us are stuck in but really this is exactly how offseason wars used to work anyway.

Incredibly inconvenient but I have zero faith in them doing anything to correct that. So here we will sit, either sucking it up and going for a win or taking a pass and dumping the rating

Huge difference, the time you are speaking of people had the choice to start and tank the war. This is a situation where the choice was removed. War for seasons was already started...
    Well apparently we have their word it will be fixed so it's irrelevant. Not sure I'm gonna bank on that but here's to hoping it gets worked out
    Dude that’s a completely different bomb about to go off...😂
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Ordalca said:

Regarding this war not counting score-wise, will it count towards the 5 wars for season rewards? Also, will war rating be affected or is this to be treated as an off-season war?

War rating will still be affected, and it will count towards the 5 Wars that you need to complete.
    @Kabam Miike I think you need to strongly suggest to the devs to reverse that decision quickly. If the war isn't going to count, it has to be a ratings frozen war so both sides can choose to fight or not fight as they see fit as if it was an off season war. If rating counts you will force all alliances currently unaffected by the bug to fight as hard as possible to preserve rating, including spending items, even though the points themselves won't count.

It is fine if the war counts for participation, that's the reasonable move to make. But if it doesn't score points within the season, you have to let those alliances off the hook to not fight at maximum effort. Otherwise, in effect all the alliances not affected by the bug will have a significant disadvantage: they will have to spend to not lose, but that victory won't count towards the season points.

In my opinion the devs need to reverse this decision quickly, and notify the players of it before attack phase starts. Once attack phase starts and alliances start to spend on that war, you're going to have problems difficult to reverse.

Edit: it goes without saying that all ratings changes affecting alliances that were hit by the bug should also be reversed.
    Damn it. I didn’t check that message. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.
    Mistakes happen.. typos happen..
    Maybe a post in the news/announcement section of the forums should be made with the current updated information. Rather than someone such as myself just randomly stumbling upon the correction above.. it would be good to have one location to get information regarding this.. rather than scrolling through a thread that is going to be multiple pages.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    My guess is people that got a proper war will not get reimbursed for items spent as this war will not count toward season points. As for us, we lost 76 points in war rating through no fault of ours.

• This thankfully didnt happen to us. But we are still going to suffer. Now tomorrows AW means nothing? We would be Silver 1 tomorrow with a win. Kabam needs to figure something else out and not throw away tomorrows AW. Especially what if an Alliance loses tomorrow and then they got a lose from this thing? Then they are double screwed. Get it together Kabam
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    We were on the Verge of Winning Our Opponent had 28/30 Pacements.....we had 30/30 Did 2 BG 100% Clears
    And Kabam Cancelled the WAR....
    -TIE-
    No Points....
    I used a L4 x 2 & L3 x 2 Potions
    WTH Kabam
    No Reimbursement of Items Used?..... I used it to get POINTS......What is the Use of Using it if we earned NO POINTS?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

We had season upon season where offseason wars still affected rating. You're trying to tell me you can't manage a single war where that's the case? Come on man

The problem here is that this is not a choice being offered to everyone equally. Some alliances had their wars broken, and some lost lost rating through no fault of their own. That means their future points this season will be affected by the bug. I'm presuming no one believes those alliances should in effect magically lose rating on a war that is being essentially erased from the record.

But then we have the separate population of alliances that are about to fight a war on Saturday, and they are about to fight a war that also won't count for points. But it will affect their rating going into the war that starts on Sunday. So if they don't put in maximum effort to try to win, their war rating will be lower on Sunday than if the Friday war never happened. But if they do fight at maximum effort they will be spending on a war that doesn't count for points.

So for all the competitive alliances, some will be spending on twelve wars and some will be spending on eleven wars but for all of them only eleven wars count. That's a significant cost fairness issue.

We can't let alliances lose rating for no reason, and every alliance that lost today during the bug lost rating for no reason. But if we fix them, and all bugged alliances get to completely set this war aside as a mulligan, that then puts them into a potential advantageous situation compared to the alliances unaffected by the bug, who will have to spend more on alliance war than the bugged alliances. And this is an easy problem to fix: erase all ratings changes for the Friday-Saturday war, whether the alliance was in a bugged match or not. That way everyone bugged can just pretend the war didn't happen. Every alliance not bugged can choose to fight or not fight the Saturday was as if it was an off season war. And no alliance has any particular advantage or disadvantage over any other in terms of the season brackets or rewards.

Sure that's absolutely the ideal solution, I also live in the reality that this company rarely does what is ideal and typically does what is easiest regardless of the effect on the playerbase.

So yeah, would I be all for what you're suggesting? Absolutely. I just dont think it's what will happen honestly bc that throws it into the amount of work that they'd just scrap the season all together, and if that's what they were going to do that's what the announcement would have been
    How is reversing the rating change for this war going to significantly change the magnitude of the work that will need to be done? They already announced they are reversing all the points for this war. Reversing both points and rating is very likely to be *easier*. Reversing points and rating would just require resetting everyone's status to the beginning of Friday. But reversing points and letting rating stand would require changing one thing while leaving the other one alone. 99% of the time, full rollback is easier than partial rollback.

In any event, I'm not making proposition bets on what Kabam will do. I'm only suggesting the proper logical course of action. But I have a pretty good idea what the likely position of the majority all the players forced to spend on a war that will not earn them season points will be. Its Friday evening for probably most players. Most players aren't even fully aware of what the situation is yet, and won't know until they run into it face first on the weekend. I wouldn't be happy, and I'm the least volatile MCOC player that I know.

On the subject of how hard this is or how much effort it would take. This isn't the first time, or the second time, or the third time this kind of thing has happened. It might have been really hard long ago. But if it is still hard now, well, I'd like to know what system engineer is betting that this will be the last time it happens ever, so there's no need to address the problem of this taking too much effort. If someone isn't capable of doing this now, someone should be working on a way to make sure someone is capable of doing it the next time. And should have done that the last time. In fact, I literally *said* that the last time. And the time before that. This would be Yet Another Time.
    Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

Damn it. I hate autocorrect sometimes. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.
    Well that’s a horse of a different color. So we don’t even need to attack then? Just let it pass, war rating gets fixed manually before the Sunday war and we all move on like nothing happened?
    @Kabam Miike
    Before Sunday? I can’t say for certain, but it will be fixed and not affect the Season’s final ratings. The longer it takes to fix, the more complicated it will be, but we will fix it.

But war rating affects points man. If it doesn’t get fixed by the next war that changes the entire landscape of the season. You fix it 3 wars later it doesn’t help. We are one win away from tier 3. We lose then it doesn’t get fixed by Sunday it’s a butterfly effect on the points for the season. Practically impossible to fix it correctly way to many variables

Me and my humble trailer park upbringing are having a hard time understanding your issue.

They said they would correct the points so all we can do is have faith that will be done

DNA3000 said:

Ordalca said:

Regarding this war not counting score-wise, will it count towards the 5 wars for season rewards? Also, will war rating be affected or is this to be treated as an off-season war?

War rating will still be affected, and it will count towards the 5 Wars that you need to complete.
    @Kabam Miike I think you need to strongly suggest to the devs to reverse that decision quickly. If the war isn't going to count, it has to be a ratings frozen war so both sides can choose to fight or not fight as they see fit as if it was an off season war. If rating counts you will force all alliances currently unaffected by the bug to fight as hard as possible to preserve rating, including spending items, even though the points themselves won't count.

It is fine if the war counts for participation, that's the reasonable move to make. But if it doesn't score points within the season, you have to let those alliances off the hook to not fight at maximum effort. Otherwise, in effect all the alliances not affected by the bug will have a significant disadvantage: they will have to spend to not lose, but that victory won't count towards the season points.

In my opinion the devs need to reverse this decision quickly, and notify the players of it before attack phase starts. Once attack phase starts and alliances start to spend on that war, you're going to have problems difficult to reverse.

Edit: it goes without saying that all ratings changes affecting alliances that were hit by the bug should also be reversed.
    Damn it. I didn’t check that message. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.
    Fair enough. There might be side effects related to match making depending on how war rating and multipliers are adjusted, but that seems about as fair as it can get in this situation.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    seems near impossible they’ll be able to sort through this before next matchmaking. On a hiding to nothing
    Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

@Kabam Miike
    Me and my humble trailer park upbringing are having a hard time understanding your issue.

They said they would correct the points so all we can do is have faith that will be done

Good I’m glad he told you, deal with having to fight Thanos all yourself

If that is was the lord deem my duty, it shall be done
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Hey everybody,

We've sent a message in-game. This is not an ideal situation, but we're going to call this War a wash. No, we are not ending the season, but the fairest way to handle this is to not count this war at all. If your Alliance was affected by the issue, you don't have to worry. If your Alliance matched, as the message said, it will not count.

So we spent time, boosts, healing potions in order to win the last war for nothing !?!

Even worse, all the boosts and potions will not be returned !
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    See........ We all were KO several Times...... USED BOOSTS, POTIONS TO DEFEAT THE OPPONENT.... & WHAT DO WE GET? A BIG TIE.... OUR OPPONENT WAS LOSING..... WHAT DID THEY GET?.... SAVED FROM A LOSS IN WAR.... TOTALLY UNFAIR......
    THE WORST PART IS THAT THE ITEMS USED WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED.....

Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

@Kabam Miike
    I know. But we’re going to have to take that all into account. Our team is aware of the various complications that this will happen. And that’s why I’m saying it might not be by Sunday, and the longer it takes the more complicated it will be.
    That’s a lot of potential matchups to sift thru. Especially with war rating not increasing/decreasing by the same amount each time. If not by Sunday might I suggest a freeze until
    It’s fixed and then just do a shortened season from that point on so if it takes 2 more war periods then a 10 war season etc. From where I’m sitting it seems like that would be a lot less work on the part of you guys and it would be the fairest overall on the off chance it becomes way to complicated to actually fix with wars proceeding?
    Took a while for me to fix that quote pyramid disaster.

I believe what Kabam is likely to do is let the season continue to play out, and go back and adjust all the ratings for all wars from Sunday to whenever up to the end of season if necessary by the amount gained or earned in this war. Then they will use the adjusted rating to recalculate the tier and multiplier for each war, and then recalculate the points for that war using the adjusted multiplier. Depending on how long this takes they could recalculate all the adjustments in a few days and reflect them in adjusted war ratings and points, or they could be forced to do it at the end of the season. Either way I'm pretty sure the one thing they won't be able to easily change is the match ups.

This doesn't recreate what the season would have been precisely, but it applies a reasonably fair adjustment to everyone that eliminates the problem of having a penalty for losing a glitch war or the itemless war. It is probably as close as they can get. Shortening the season creates other secondary problems which were debated the last time around. The goal should be to make the discrepancy between how the season was likely to end up and how it actually runs now small enough that the players can be compensated for that small discrepancy, rather than leave a much larger problem that can't be easily compensated for.
  • DrekaknDrekakn Posts: 54
    Just to clarify, the war that will not count is the one that started today and is currently in placement phase for some alliances? We weren’t affected and have placed champs but if it’s not going to count then I want to make sure we don’t use any items. @Kabam Miike can you please confirm because it some people that I’ve talked to think is the one that ended attack phase today (placement phase ended yesterday).
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 266 ★★★
    Do they even understand the impact. I think not.
  • Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

We've sent a message in-game. This is not an ideal situation, but we're going to call this War a wash. No, we are not ending the season, but the fairest way to handle this is to not count this war at all. If your Alliance was affected by the issue, you don't have to worry. If your Alliance matched, as the message said, it will not count.

So we spent time, boosts, healing potions in order to win the last war for nothing !?!

If you were one of the alliances affected by the issue, you'll be handled separately from Alliances that are able to do the current war.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Scrub the season. It’s the RIGHT thing to do
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

Hey everybody,

@Kabam Miike What about victory rewards? My alliance lost in this debacle and as a result our opponent is now roughly 500 5* and 4* shards richer and I walked away with 5 shards. Will this be corrected to at least reward both alliances the same amount?
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★

Stellar said:

Hey everybody,

If you were one of the alliances affected by the issue, you'll be handled separately from Alliances that are able to do the current war.
    What about the war rating ?? Will it be affected by this 5th war ?? We're at tier 3. Not affected by the issue. Since you said that this war points will not count, is war rating included ??
  • edited March 2020
    Drekakn said:

Just to clarify, the war that will not count is the one that started today and is currently in placement phase for some alliances? We weren’t affected and have placed champs but if it’s not going to count then I want to make sure we don’t use any items. @Kabam Miike can you please confirm because it some people that I’ve talked to think is the one that ended attack phase today (placement phase ended yesterday).

Yes, if you are in Placement Phase right now, this war is the one that is not being counted.
This discussion has been closed.