**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War counted towards season??

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

This is incredibly frustrating.
    Alliances heading into a second war with the whole season in a mess.
    Nobody knows where they stand, what they need to do, how hard or not they should push, tiers and war ratings aren't what they should be.
    The right thing to do is end the season early. No reasonable person should expect full season rewards payout.
    Give 50% of the season rewards based on where alliances were placed after 4 wars and be done with it.

Giving half the season rewards also isn't fair. A lot of alliances that run less than 3 wars swap out players after they reach 5 wars so some players haven't had the chance to join the season yet. It wouldn't be fair to exclude those players thru no fault of their own. This seems like one of those situations that is going to end poorly for some players no matter the outcome. I think they should just scrap these 4 wars and restart the season. Nobody gets season rewards because the season was barely started.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Lol just cancel the season already. Any fix implemented now will not work because it is too far gone now. Interested to see how this will all turn out. What a gong show

Exactly!

I don't get how they can be so hesitant with this when we legitimately just had a similar problem a few months back, which ended in the season being cancelled
    No fix and no point adjustment can account for all the problems occuring from this. At least I don't understand how that would work.
    Yup I just don't see how they can possibly get this right with any type of fix now. There is no fix at the end of the season that will work cleanly. For this to have worked they needed to just roll back the last war before the placement phase started. But now In order to fix it 100% I think they have to look at almost every alliance and check to see if they were affected and adjust manually which I just don't think is feasible at all. Good luck Kabam
    It's definitely feasible. If they do it on a scale of Millions to see who is affected by issues like Mastery changes, bugs, etc., then 10-20k Alliances isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for how they address the issue, that's a separate story.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    This happens enough now that Kabam should design a simple "rollback" admin button. You save/archive the standings/results after each war, and if something like this happens, you rollback all the results (which should only be 1 war)... then pause the season while fixes are made, and then change the season end date to add more wars if necessary when turning the season back on.

Any database developer would be able to push this out quickly (and if your developers say otherwise... hire me to do it).
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    Neotwism said:

Thecurler said:

Nobody knows where they stand, what they need to do, how hard or not they should push, tiers and war ratings aren't what they should be.
    The right thing to do is end the season early. No reasonable person should expect full season rewards payout.
    Give 50% of the season rewards based on where alliances were placed after 4 wars and be done with it.

Giving half the season rewards also isn't fair. A lot of alliances that run less than 3 wars swap out players after they reach 5 wars so some players haven't had the chance to join the season yet. It wouldn't be fair to exclude those players thru no fault of their own. This seems like one of those situations that is going to end poorly for some players no matter the outcome. I think they should just scrap these 4 wars and restart the season. Nobody gets season rewards because the season was barely started.
    How is that fair? A lot of boosts and items were used in those first 4 wars, especially if you play in higher tier AW. Four wars is over 33% of the season, that’s more then “barely started”.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    No one is asking you to determine who won/loss season. End the season and restart it a week later or something. Four wars are not deep enough in that it is a big deal
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Eric987 said:

Neotwism said:

Thecurler said:

How is that fair? A lot of boosts and items were used in those first 4 wars, especially if you play in higher tier AW. Four wars is over 33% of the season, that’s more then “barely started”.
    I never said it was fair. I said it will end poorly for some ppl no matter what the outcome is. They can easily send out some boosts and pots to everyone to help offset any that we're used if they choose to.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Thecurler said:

Who said anything about excluding players from rewards 🤔
    Zero rewards for ending the season early would go down like a fart in a lift and be completely unfair given the resources used so far this season.
    edited March 2020
    Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Lol just cancel the season already. Any fix implemented now will not work because it is too far gone now. Interested to see how this will all turn out. What a gong show

Exactly!

I don't get how they can be so hesitant with this when we legitimately just had a similar problem a few months back, which ended in the season being cancelled
    No fix and no point adjustment can account for all the problems occuring from this. At least I don't understand how that would work.
    Yup I just don't see how they can possibly get this right with any type of fix now. There is no fix at the end of the season that will work cleanly. For this to have worked they needed to just roll back the last war before the placement phase started. But now In order to fix it 100% I think they have to look at almost every alliance and check to see if they were affected and adjust manually which I just don't think is feasible at all. Good luck Kabam
    It's definitely feasible. If they do it on a scale of Millions to see who is affected by issues like Mastery changes, bugs, etc., then 10-20k Alliances isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for how they address the issue, that's a separate story.
    Strongly disagree. If you think it is feasible to make an adjustment at the end of the season please make a suggestion of how this is possible. Otherwise your comment is useless, but I already expect that from you. What else can I expect someone that has retired from the game but can't retire from the forums LMAO
    Are they going to go back and adjust every War Rating that happened based on the results of the icksnayed one? Not likely. I suspect they'll come up with a solution and count what you played before and after. It's one War. It's not the ruin of the Season.
    Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Exactly!

Strongly disagree. If you think it is feasible to make an adjustment at the end of the season please make a suggestion of how this is possible. Otherwise your comment is useless, but I already expect that from you. What else can I expect someone that has retired from the game but can't retire from the forums LMAO
    Are they going to go back and adjust every War Rating that happened based on the results of the icksnayed one? Not likely. I suspect they'll come up with a solution and count what you played before and after. It's one War. It's not the ruin of the Season.
    You suspect they will, I suspect they won't. You are not accounting for tier changes. Some alliance will be in the wrong tier for 2-3 wars because of this. It is not something that they can fix with a simple adjustment because there are too many factors at play here. It is NOT one war only that is affected.
    One War was discounted. It's not a reason to end the Season.
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    I just wanna know if there is any point in using pots or boosts in this war?
    ideally soon
    Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Exactly!

You suspect they will, I suspect they won't. You are not accounting for tier changes. Some alliance will be in the wrong tier for 2-3 wars because of this. It is not something that they can fix with a simple adjustment because there are too many factors at play here. It is NOT one war only that is affected.
    More than one war was affected. It's a reason to end the season.
    No. The one that was affected was the one they discounted. The first 4 Wars count. If you're raising or dropping as a result of the discredited War, that's something they're looking at right now. All you can do is play as usual and leave it to them. Foregoing the entire Season because of one War not counting is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Just hit disagree and be done with it. He doesn't appear to get how changing tiers due to a void war impacts all following wars and therefore the whole season, so there really isn't any point in arguing. He'll only get the thread taken down.

I'm not trying to get the Thread taken down at all. I'm also not a turnip. I know what happens when you go up or down. People don't seem to take into account the fact that they said they're looking at it. Just play the game and let them do their job. Good Lord.
    Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Verzz said:

Exactly!

More than one war was affected. It's a reason to end the season.
    No. The one that was affected was the one they discounted. The first 4 Wars count. If you're raising or dropping as a result of the discredited War, that's something they're looking at right now. All you can do is play as usual and leave it to them. Foregoing the entire Season because of one War not counting is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Wrong again. They did not freeze the war rating like they should have done and now it has a cascading effect for every war for the remainder of the season. This means that all the matchups that every alliance for the rest of the season are not the same matchups as they would be without the bug. Foregoing the season or rolling back to before the last war at this point is the only fair solution.
    They're going to deal with it. I don't know how many ways I can say that. The Season is not being stopped, so people can either play and trust that, or not. That's all I can say.
    Look, I get that people are concerned. I understand why. All I'm saying is there's nothing we can do but play and let them take care of it. If they said they're going to deal with it, they will. The Season still goes on.
  • invasian82invasian82 Posts: 42
    I think what everyone else is saying based on history is that this war season has been influenced negatively to a point where it cannot be reversed. Points wise, sure, if they want to create an algorithm to correctly each alliance's score, i'm sure it can be done (with time and ability, i doubt it though).

Matchups wise, it cannot be reversed. If you got matched up with a better alliance instead of an ok alliance because you dropped a tier or rating, and lost due to this, no changes can fix this.
  • Pocketz4Pocketz4 Posts: 14
    So now because the ratings have been impacted, matchmaking is essentially impacted too since weaker alliances will get paired up against stronger alliances that dropped in rating from this bug.
    edited March 2020
    What I said is it takes time. People are stressing out. No arguments there. They're also jumping to conclusions and saying it's irreversible, scrapping the whole Season, and panicking. That I don't agree with. It takes time to manually adjust anything. Give it time.
This discussion has been closed.