**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured crystals dissapointing

So I saved 3 months of 6* shards for the new featured 6* crystal when it came out and my grand prize was thor jane foster, electro, and and civil warrior. The new 5* featured crystal also really pretty underwhelming.

If we are to save for these featured Crystal's can we have more champions that we actually want? It's such a huge dissapointing experience to spend 3 months of 6* shards on civil warrior, lady thor, and electro. Not that those are really terrible necessarily, but they aren't I saved for this 6* featured for a looong time and and this is satisfying reward good. Just saying, can we get a little more value for these Crystal's? Not even bothering with featured Crystal's this 5* rotation. Just not worth it with so many champs I dont want.

Comments

• GizGiz Posts: 134
    Every crystal I open lately is disappointing.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    So don't go for features? I think they're worthless, at least they are to me. Why would I pay an extra five thousand six star shards for a chance at a Groot? I just wait until the new champs are in the basics.
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
    Neotwism said:

Why should kabam change the value of the crystals as long as there are ppl like you who continue to purchase them. You knew the odds going in and saved just for a small chance at the champ you wanted. Seems like they dont need to change anything as long as ppl buy them.

Why should it be such a ridiculously small chance for such a large expenditure of resources is my point. 15k 6* shards takes quite a while to get.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i made the mistake of pulling feature before even seeing the list of champs. can't even remember who i pulled. that should tell you a LOT. i won't be pulling feature anymore though.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    I never pull featured crystals
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    I pulled 10 featured, resulted in 1 moleman, 3 redskull, 2 mephisto, 3 punisher2099, and so on..
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Featured crystals are as bad as the offers we’ve been seeing lately
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's all how they fall. I finally pulled Squirrel Girl. First Featured 5*. I've had a number of unwanted ones.
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    I pulled it again. It might be 12th or 13th times. It was mephisto again. My results were 3 mephisto, 4 redskulls, 3 punisher2099 and so on. I didn’t intend to say anything about it, but I think it’s ratio of pulling champions is too biased.

@Kabam Miike , could you please kindly share it with team and confirm whether it was biased or not?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Bumbunyon said:

Neotwism said:

Why should kabam change the value of the crystals as long as there are ppl like you who continue to purchase them. You knew the odds going in and saved just for a small chance at the champ you wanted. Seems like they dont need to change anything as long as ppl buy them.

Why should it be such a ridiculously small chance for such a large expenditure of resources is my point. 15k 6* shards takes quite a while to get.
    If it takes a long time to acquire those shards why are you spending them on featured crystals? The whole point of having Kabam disclose odds for crystals (at least for the ones they do disclose odds) is to allow players to make an informed decision. You have all the information you need to decide if the crystal is worth it or not before you open. If you think the odds are fine except if you don't get what you want, then honestly I don't find that complaint valid.

The odds are good enough and you go for it, win or lose, or the odd are not good enough and you don't go for it. Any other complaint is in my opinion sour grapes.
  • ZirkonZirkon Posts: 61
    DNA3000 said:

Bumbunyon said:

Neotwism said:

If it takes a long time to acquire those shards why are you spending them on featured crystals? The whole point of having Kabam disclose odds for crystals (at least for the ones they do disclose odds) is to allow players to make an informed decision. You have all the information you need to decide if the crystal is worth it or not before you open. If you think the odds are fine except if you don't get what you want, then honestly I don't find that complaint valid.

The odds are good enough and you go for it, win or lose, or the odd are not good enough and you don't go for it. Any other complaint is in my opinion sour grapes.
    For Featured 5* and 6* Crystals, how do we know the percentage per champion featured? For example, is the percentage of getting a SpiderMan Symbiote or Cyclops the same as that of Sorcerer Supreme or Red Guardian?
    There might be bias. Like the garbaje champions in Featured Crystals have higher percentages than the really good new ones.
    If there’s no transparency, then you can’t really make an informed decision for Featured Crystals. All the drop rates show 100% 5*hero or 6*hero. Of course you’re gonna get a 5* or 6*—but the percentages are hidden for each champions featured in said crystals.
  • ZirkonZirkon Posts: 61
    DNA3000 said:

Bumbunyon said:

Neotwism said:

For Featured 5* and 6* Crystals, how do we know the percentage per champion featured? For example, is the percentage of getting a SpiderMan Symbiote or Cyclops the same as that of Sorcerer Supreme or Red Guardian?
    There might be bias. Like the garbaje champions in Featured Crystals have higher percentages than the really good new ones.
    If there’s no transparency, then you can’t really make an informed decision for Featured Crystals. All the drop rates show 100% 5*hero or 6*hero. Of course you’re gonna get a 5* or 6*—but the percentages are very much hidden per champion featured in said crystals.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    It's a random champion from a pool of champions. If you don't like the odds, don't get it. There is so much QQ about crystals. Most of us have opened several crystals at this point and you don't get everyone you want. Even if you did you wouldn't be able to rank them all. You will have to do the same thing everyone else did and make do with what you get. It's not like there is some guy watching JUST YOUR account pressing a button that reads your mind and gives you a champ you don't want.