**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Worst Signature Ability in Game?

I vote Angela...

Absolutely beyond useless...

Curious if someone can think of a even worse sig ability?

Comments

• MoeDur23MoeDur23 Posts: 46
    Thought so @Etjama...thanks for response as I don't think this topic will get many in form of champs that can compete with Angela as worst sig in game 😂...

What the Holy Hell was Kabam thinking here? 🤔🤔🤔
    edited April 2020
    @H_I_Z which means she would have to be hit by a mystic nullify champ...

And the ratio of any champs that have the ability to nullify are slim to none in the 1st place. It only made sense before diversity in AW mattered and mystic dispersion mattered...when Mystic defenders where duplicated all across the defender map in AW...

Now, and even then to be succinct, doesn't matter one iota...worse and most meaningless sig in game date...
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    MoeDur23 said:

And the ratio of any champs that have the ability to nullify are slim to none in the 1st place. It only made sense before diversity in AW mattered and mystic dispersion mattered...when Mystic defenders where duplicated all across the defender map in AQ...

Now, and even then to be succinct, doesn't matter one iota...worse and most meaningless sig in game date...

MoeDur23 said:

And the ratio of any champs that have the ability to nullify are slim to none in the 1st place. It only made sense before diversity in AW mattered and mystic dispersion mattered...when Mystic defenders where duplicated all across the defender map in AQ...

Basically, it’s only useful in AW and annoying bossses like the sim supreme, beyond that it’s really pointless. However I doubt it’s the least useful sig in the game.

I am yet to see a Sym Supreme boss and would gladly with great glee take him out if I did with ease with many other champs in my repertoire 😂😂😂
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Angela is okay one the buffe op part in 6.1.6
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Mordo’s is worse
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    H_I_Z said:

Nope, this is so that she is a counter to mystic champs with nullify, so she won’t lose her buffs cuz that’s where her damage comes from

True, but it's still pretty useless. Mordo's might be worse though.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    MoeDur23 said:

I am yet to see a Sym Supreme boss and would gladly with great glee take him out if I did with ease with many other champs in my repertoire 😂😂😂

I don't get the disagrees lol. Maybe Sym Supreme is a pain for lower AW? I've never seen one and don't see how he could be a good boss.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    MoeDur23 said:

I vote Angela...

Absolutely beyond useless...

Curious if someone can think of a even worse sig ability?

Go fight buffed up Sym supreme in 6.1.6 with a high sig angela and tell me it's useless
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Post above me beat me to it. Sentrys sig is pretty dumb.

I hate OG spidey. His evade hurts more than it helps.

I think it's just for AW defense
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

MikeHock said:

There was no Alliance War when Signature abilities were put into the game.

OG Spider Man should have the same evade ability that was eventually given to Stark Spidey.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Astounds said:

Sentry? I mean it basically forces you to constantly use potions to stay above certain health to even use his sig. It basically is just a money grab.

Nah, without it he can’t carry charges no matter what, he relies on it even though it is the worst design sig in game
  • MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

There was no Alliance War when Signature abilities were put into the game.

OG Spider Man should have the same evade ability that was eventually given to Stark Spidey.
    Spidey on nodes in ANY quest, including ACT and Monthly, making him harder to fight. Not just AQ or AW which were both created after Spidey's ability was made.

But, any Auto-Evade (such as an attacker of yours) should really be changed so that the Auto-Evade DOES NOT HAPPEN if you have done a successful Parry timing. Only if NOT a Parry should Auto-Evade calculation then come into play.
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Iron patriot has worst sig ability.
    Induces armour break on himself only.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    Not totally pointless, but I’d put Elektra’s awakened ability on the list, especially after the mastery updates that added Assassin.

Before anyone claims it’s really useful with high health opponents, I’d suggest not a lot of people bring Elektra into advanced content for high health fights.

Dr. Zola
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I cannot believe no one has mentioned Joe Fixit.

His Suits barely do anything for him. His signature ability gives him a CHANCE to trigger a second Suit...for 7 seconds.

A CHANCE to trigger a second useless ability for 7 seconds?

Mordo's can help him mitigate damage from Coldsnap, Limbo, etc. by quite a bit.
    Angela's gives her some protection against nullification, which allows her to keep her abilities going.
    Groot...also sucks. He definitely gives Joe Fixit a run for his money.

But Joe Fixit's ability is AWFUL!
    Astounds said:

Sentry? I mean it basically forces you to constantly use potions to stay above certain health to even use his sig. It basically is just a money grab.

I think this isn't giving him enough credit. I'd say that Sentry is one of those All or Nothing champs when it comes to signature ability levels similar to Namor or Cap IW...you can't rely on it until it's maxed. However, at max level he has a 100% chance to go indestructible if he loses his combo and he carries his persistent charges as long as he doesn't die (more than 0% health). No potions necessary.

Sentry gets a bad wrap and catches a lot of flak he doesn't deserve. When used properly, he's pretty good.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

Astounds said:

I think this isn't giving him enough credit. I'd say that Sentry is one of those All or Nothing champs when it comes to signature ability levels similar to Namor or Cap IW...you can't rely on it until it's maxed. However, at max level he has a 100% chance to go indestructible if he loses his combo and he carries his persistent charges as long as he doesn't die (more than 0% health). No potions necessary.

Sentry gets a bad wrap and catches a lot of flak he doesn't deserve. When used properly, he's pretty good.
    He’d get more love if his sig worked right. Kabam keeps messing with it but it’s still gimpy.

Punisher 2099 for worst sig. Supposed to prevent L3. Doesn’t prevent L3.

Astounds said:

He’d get more love if his sig worked right. Kabam keeps messing with it but it’s still gimpy.

Regarding Punisher 2099...how so? I use this ability all the time in arena and it works well. In fact, I use him with Thor and the synergy let's me use this ability like 3 times in the same fight when the enemy is being stubborn.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

Astounds said:

Regarding Punisher 2099...how so? I use this ability all the time in arena and it works well. In fact, I use him with Thor and the synergy let's me use this ability like 3 times in the same fight when the enemy is being stubborn.
    The delay before the drain is enough time to get off an L3. They do get max, and then it drains. It should be they would get max, then it drains.
    Strange. I've never seen that. The power lock seems to apply for me when they're still recoiling from the hit.

It may be different if someone gets to an L3 via a passive power gain (like Hyperion or Strange). I could see them throwing an L3 in the brief window before the Power Lock takes effect. But so far, I've had a 100% success rate if I hit them in order to push them to an L3. I'll try to test this though to see if the passive power gain is the issue.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Astounds said:

The delay before the drain is enough time to get off an L3. They do get max, and then it drains. It should be they would get max, then it drains.
    That’s never happened to me