**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is the best Champion?

Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
Before I hear anything else, the answer is Quake.

If you have skill, 99% of the game (- truestrike nodes, and NickFury) is solo-able by Quake

She takes A LOT of practice, but after I mastered her, life has been sweet. I was only forced to master her true potential after Siphon node came out where you literally get punished for parrying.

The following pictures are a compilation of some of the more annoying defenders.(most of them were in the moleman expedition, but as you can see, 0 hits given, 0 hits taken.)

If you still feel like she isn’t the best champion because you aren’t skilled enough...

Crossbones solo 1-shot. First go at becoming cavalier.

https://youtu.be/UEYeTUon-4Y

Comments

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

If you have skill, 99% of the game (- truestrike nodes, and NickFury) is solo-able by Quake

She takes A LOT of practice, but after I mastered her, life has been sweet. I was only forced to master her true potential after Siphon node came out where you literally get punished for parrying.

The following pictures are a compilation of some of the more annoying defenders.(most of them were in the moleman expedition, but as you can see, 0 hits given, 0 hits taken.)

If you still feel like she isn’t the best champion because you aren’t skilled enough...

Firstly, nice Quake skills.

I think she'll struggle against variant 3, 1.2 Hyperion.

Give it a go and see.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I belive duped iceman and imiw also counter her. All those newer champs. I'm not sure if you can evade omegas medium. And many nodes like bleed, poison, caltrops to a degree (you can parry-heavy, but if opponent uses heavy, you take damage), etc.
    But yes, she's great. Also not that difficult actually, takes some time and practice, but even I can manage her, and I only play her vary rarely in arena. Unfortunately, don't have her as a 5*
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I believe ghost. Quake is maybe the best if you can play her perfectly, and I think ghost is just a lot more fun and better imo
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    TP33 said:

Guys it has to be cyclops blue team, hand down best champ

Lol. But I think that this is subjective. What if you can't play those two champions? Then another person like Corvus or Hyperion or cmm might be better. Also some people like Swedeah would rather play Howard the Duck and solo the grandmaster in 6.4. It's all up to a person's persepctive of what a good champ to them would be. Mine would have to be blade and Stark Enhanced since those two helped a lot in act 5
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Quake, I may not use her as much as ghost but when it comes to the real challenge fights quake is the best option for 95% of them
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Also, there is a method to counter passive AI. All you need to do is dash back get passive precision, just land a medium then back out, don't wait for opponent to dash to you, but dash yourself to the opponent for a medium. You can keep dashing back and dashing in and the opponent will keep getting hit.
    Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

I still believe that Ghost is the best champion in the game. No matter who the competitor is. Ghost has : Insane Damage, Insane Utility and lots and lots of immunities. Quake is countered by Caltrops, any type of True strike, and the worst Disadvantage is that you can't use Quake on final boss node. Ghost can do most of the content. Her worst matchup is Armor break champs, Magneto, Mr Sinister and Ebony maw. And believe me, all of these can be defeated by Ghost easily By heavy-fury spam. Ghost can do what Quake can't even think about doing. With quake, it is so boring and she can't even fight Korg. In my opinion and it might or might not be fact, Ghost is better than Quake.
    2 things you said quake can’t do she can, a skilled quake player can use the parry strategy to get around caltrops, and she’s possible one if the best korg counters in game, basically ignoring everything he has
    Lvernon15 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

I still believe that Ghost is the best champion in the game. No matter who the competitor is. Ghost has : Insane Damage, Insane Utility and lots and lots of immunities. Quake is countered by Caltrops, any type of True strike, and the worst Disadvantage is that you can't use Quake on final boss node. Ghost can do most of the content. Her worst matchup is Armor break champs, Magneto, Mr Sinister and Ebony maw. And believe me, all of these can be defeated by Ghost easily By heavy-fury spam. Ghost can do what Quake can't even think about doing. With quake, it is so boring and she can't even fight Korg. In my opinion and it might or might not be fact, Ghost is better than Quake.
    2 things you said quake can’t do she can, a skilled quake player can use the parry strategy to get around caltrops, and she’s possible one if the best korg counters in game, basically ignoring everything he has
    Caltrops can't be countered by quake in endgame content. It isn't possible to take so much parry damage, when the opponents have so high attack in act 6 + . If the node is Caltrops, the opponents already have enough damage to kill quake through parry, and dashing back, you know what would happen.
    Arham1 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Caltrops can't be countered by quake in endgame content. It isn't possible to take so much parry damage, when the opponents have so high attack in act 6 + . If the node is Caltrops, the opponents already have enough damage to kill quake through parry, and dashing back, you know what would happen.
    I honestly don’t remember seeing caltrops at all in later act 6 content, and an awakened quake takes very little block damage, it’s not an easy play style but it’s an option

Imho I think invisible woman is one of the best champions in the game. If played right she can be kept invisible the whole fight, I mean of course certain nodes like, biohazard, no retreat and caltrops shes not that effective but she can deal some insane damage. My rank 3 5 star solo'd the collector for me and she carried me through act 5 and I know people will have their opinions but ofc this is my personal opinion.

I wouldn’t consider her one if the best, she lacks utility has a very long ramp up and is possibly the toughest chanp to play perfectly, but she’s definitely underrated and can do a lot more than people give her credit for
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    @Tiger360 do you even have a quake?
    Lvernon15 said:

Arham1 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

I honestly don’t remember seeing caltrops at all in later act 6 content, and an awakened quake takes very little block damage, it’s not an easy play style but it’s an option
    Yes. But I haven't done Act 6 completely so I wouldn't know, but pretty sure I saw an act 6 stream with Caltrops. Anyways. It depends person to person, quake might be good for some but for me Ghost is the best.
    @Arham1 @Lvernon15 there’s a quake method that only the most advanced quake players use. I think munash has a video on it. It’s a pure evade strategy (yes this is possible). You can constantly evade without dexing or blocking
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    Lvernon15 said:

Imho I think invisible woman is one of the best champions in the game. If played right she can be kept invisible the whole fight, I mean of course certain nodes like, biohazard, no retreat and caltrops shes not that effective but she can deal some insane damage. My rank 3 5 star solo'd the collector for me and she carried me through act 5 and I know people will have their opinions but ofc this is my personal opinion.

I wouldn’t consider her one if the best, she lacks utility has a very long ramp up and is possibly the toughest chanp to play perfectly, but she’s definitely underrated and can do a lot more than people give her credit for
    I suppose so, like obviously I managed to master her playstyle during act 5. Of course my opinion doesnt mean shes the best champion, but to me she is. I think that's what I should've stated because there are better champs but shes my personal favourite and I think she is a god tier. But yeah she can be tough to learn at first. Like I have a 5* quake at 1/25 because i cant seem to learn her
    Arham1 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Arham1 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Yes. But I haven't done Act 6 completely so I wouldn't know, but pretty sure I say an act 6 stream with Caltrops. Anyways. It depends person to person, quake might be good for some but for me Ghost is the best.
    Yeah, quake is the best assuming a good quake player who likes her play style, for me i categorise in that hence why she’s the best chanpion imo, she was my solution to tons of problem fights
    edited April 2020

@Arham1 @Lvernon15 there’s a quake method that only the most advanced quake players use. I think munash has a video on it. It’s a pure evade strategy (yes this is possible). You can constantly evade without dexing or blocking

I don't even think that's possible.

Yeah, I’ve seen that, haven’t came close to pulling it off yet though, it’s a bit beyond me
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    edited April 2020
    Like others said every champ has disadvantages. Just like using quake for legend run.

Quake is one of the best champion in the game. And hats off to you all the quake players. She isn't an easy champ to master. Her play style is bit too campy(as COD fanboys would refer).I dont enjoy watching her game play.
    Ghost gets wrecked by: Ebony Maw, sinister, magneto, nova, terrax, and nick fury. There aren’t even that many true strike nodes or characters in the game
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Ghost and quake are tied at #1. I call them the untouchables.
    @Ahitlaw that’s a good name for them lol