**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom spending revives isn’t a measure of skill or roster. Strength in numbers mordo pretty much forces you to revive up or deal pretty much no damage

People said the same thing about The Collector.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

@GroundedWisdom i like how you just completely ignore all the valid points about many fights that don’t require specific counters and still continue to spit some bs

You can't expect to use whoever you want at that stage of the game.
    Could you show me where somebody said that? At this point you're not making any sense at all. Do you read your comments before you post them? I don't think you do.
    Did I say someone said that? Restricting what you use is another aspect of difficulty. It separates those with expansive Rosters and those without. That also includes specific counters, which furthers that. It's the highest existing Storymode in play. That means it will be more restricting.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    agreed
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Agreed

It sounds like something not everyone is prepared to do right away. That's not an injustice. It's smart long-term design.

Actually, it's not smart long-term design. Smart long-term design would be to incorporate all champions in the content. A good example of this is Variant 4, which as you know, was received very well by the player base. By upping the health pools and attack rating, yes, it is making the game more challenging, but then Kabam is trapping themselves to an upward spiral, where they have no choice but to release higher tier champions, and even more impossible fights. That would be known as a short-term design because it doesn't account for the future of the game. A smart long-term design would be to "start over" and utilize all aspects of a player's roster. This means making Act 1 accessible to 1 or 2 *s. Not making it the quote on quote "clown fiesta" it is in beta.
    It's not supposed to be as accessible as that. That's the point I'm trying to make.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

I wonder what would happen if seatin actually quit

Nothing. I get that he's a Youtuber, but he provides entertainment. Nothing much besides that.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

remember what happened when COWhale quit? and we thought the game would end? yet we're still here.....
    I predict something like that
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    to my recycling bin

Unio77 said:

Nothing. I get that he's a Youtuber, but he provides entertainment. Nothing much besides that.
    Also that most ppl would use that as something to blast kabam over content, even though some content is overdue an overhaul. It would come as a huge sign, but my main concern would be the amount of money he has put into the game only for it to go down the drain ~~ ouch
    edited May 2020
    Well if raids are truly coming to the game it could be a make or break moment for this game. If the game stays like this I would migrate to MROC as I am super hyped for that

It's not supposed to be as accessible as that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Please, give me a reason why having challenging content, but making the player base make intelligent decisions on which 2*s to use isn't supposed to be accessible? I get that the content has to be reflective of the rewards, but if you incorporate 2*s, which many players have plenty of, you open a whole world of possibilities with nodes and counters.

For example, you could have a node that increased the attack rating of 2*s to that of a 6*, and have them face a 30,000 PI champ, but keep the health of the 2* the same, so that the player has to rely on intercepts and skill rather than just the same 5 hit parry combo. This reflects what Kabam is trying to achieve with the progressing of content, but also makes it accessible to higher-level players. In this case, it is accessible in a way that can be achieved by being skilled at the game, not just having insanely good luck.
    The fact that many have those 2*s to choose from makes it more accessible.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Mixalis said:

You're wrong.

Explain. Please. I would like to know how Seatin would directly impact the game if he were to leave.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

Please, give me a reason why having challenging content, but making the player base make intelligent decisions on which 2*s to use isn't supposed to be accessible? I get that the content has to be reflective of the rewards, but if you incorporate 2*s, which many players have plenty of, you open a whole world of possibilities with nodes and counters.

For example, you could have a node that increased the attack rating of 2*s to that of a 6*, and have them face a 30,000 PI champ, but keep the health of the 2* the same, so that the player has to rely on intercepts and skill rather than just the same 5 hit parry combo. This reflects what Kabam is trying to achieve with the progressing of content, but also makes it accessible to higher-level players. In this case, it is accessible in a way that can be achieved by being skilled at the game, not just having insanely good luck.
    This actually sounds quite fun... until you come up against someone like punisher 2099 lol. But this is not a bad idea!