**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Changes

Hey Kabam,

I think the community would like to know at least if you are considering changing Act 6 or if you plan on simply keeping it the way it is.

Comments

• Pooper500Pooper500 Posts: 9
    Also if anyone comes across this what changes would you like to see. For me it would simply be to remove a few nodes and gates.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Yes, Act 6 is being looked at, but we don't know how just yet. I know we're going to get. a lot of feedback here, so I should let you know that first and foremost, we're looking at The Champion 6.2.6 Boss.

We want him to remain a difficult fight, but with Book 2 on the Horizon (no established date), and the overwhelmingly positive reception of the Grandmaster fight, we know that we need to go back and take a look at this fight.

Before anybody asks, I don't have any more info on the fight, or if there would be compensation.

Inb4 "It's too easy, he's getting buffed"
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    If a lot of players made it, that means it's possible !
    6.2 the least fun of the whole act, but 6.1 is easy, 6.3 is annoying only with the bosses and 6.4 is really good except for some paths and the GM was awesome
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Yes, Act 6 is being looked at, but we don't know how just yet. I know we're going to get. a lot of feedback here, so I should let you know that first and foremost, we're looking at The Champion 6.2.6 Boss.

We want him to remain a difficult fight, but with Book 2 on the Horizon (no established date), and the overwhelmingly positive reception of the Grandmaster fight, we know that we need to go back and take a look at this fight.

Before anybody asks, I don't have any more info on the fight, or if there would be compensation.

Inb4 "It's too easy, he's getting buffed"
    Buff Champion fight? OK!
    Can u remember that korg figth back in the maze I’m wil like to get somtimg like the maze back I’m kind like it if it was permanent yes even with those rewards back then
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike please also look on defender / node combinations like for example:

Acid washed mysterio (6.3.3)
    Rouge on this node which requires 3 debuffs to inflict any dmg (6.4.4)
    And I guess there are some others which are designed very badly

Can't be true that some of these path fights (not even bosses or minibosse) are more expensive than the grandmaster without the right counter (especially if there are only one or two available)
    I agree some combination make the fight unfair and broken when placed on certain champs this isnt on in Act 6, this appears in variants i believe and monthly UC
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

That’s good news to me. One of the main takeaways from the Announcement is that as it stands Act 6 is far more challenging and less rewarding than AoL, so with a buff to AoL on the horizon a serious look at Act 6 is required lest it simply becomes a stepping stone to Book 2. I know that even without the perfect AoL team completion and Exploration is probably not much more expensive than 6.2 exploration will be for 3x the rewards.

I have very high hopes for Book 2 - thematic lanes along the Variant lines of design. I don’t mind hard as long as it’s fun.

Stay safe :)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This would be great kabam mike! I’m working through act 6, I don’t consider myself a god and can hold my own but some of these paths are insane. It’s more of the combination of nodes that really punish our champs and units. I blow through whole paths and then get to the mini with really bad node combos. More in 6.3 and 6.4. But I know the community says act 6 in general.

Really appreciate the way you guys have handled this backlash. Can’t wait to see what’s in store with the fixes and all.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike please also look on defender / node combinations like for example:

Acid washed mysterio (6.3.3)
    Rouge on this node which requires 3 debuffs to inflict any dmg (6.4.4)
    And I guess there are some others which are designed very badly

Can't be true that some of these path fights (not even bosses or minibosse) are more expensive than the grandmaster without the right counter (especially if there are only one or two available)
    The dis strak node. With rouges I’m use void for wast not that bad but definitely Agerd with that’s acid wash just anoying
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I only did a single pass, with the learning curve, im out about 1500 units. I hope its changed because I won't be exploring it otherwise with those links up.