**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

Get. Rid. Of. Map. Costs. There's the fix. Stop charging us for required game modes. Your "fix" still sucks. My alliance runs 7x5 for all BGs so the mixed BGs don't affect me, but this entire change reeks of "Let's monetize game modes and see how it goes."

They made map 7 x5 cheaper than before.
    Old price: (20 mil gold, 2.5mil battlechips, and 1.5mil loyalty per week)
    New price: (366576 gold×30= 10.997 mil gold, 48305bchipsx30=1.44915 mil bc , 37963 loyalty×30= 1.139mil loyalty)

Obviously it still takes some time grinding for, but much better than before.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Get. Rid. Of. Map. Costs. There's the fix. Stop charging us for required game modes. Your "fix" still sucks. My alliance runs 7x5 for all BGs so the mixed BGs don't affect me, but this entire change reeks of "Let's monetize game modes and see how it goes."

You realize you can still just pay for AQ the same way as before with all 3 resources and it's even cheaper now right?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    This is essentially my suggestion on this thread lol. Don't know whether that played a part or just coincidence. Happy to have helped if I helped. I think it's the right decision. I do think y'all ought to do something better for compensating the vanished alliance treasuries. It doesn't matter if those resources were only for alliance quest yada yada. Sometimes I think y'all get caught up in the minutiae of figuring out exactly what the necessary compensation is instead of considering how players feel about what happened. No one likes feeling robbed and doing the bare minimum doesn't really win back upset customers.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★

This is essentially my suggestion on this thread lol. Don't know whether that played a part or just coincidence. Happy to have helped if I helped. I think it's the right decision. I do think y'all ought to do something better for compensating the vanished alliance treasuries. It doesn't matter if those resources were only for alliance quest yada yada. Sometimes I think y'all get caught up in the minutiae of figuring out exactly what the necessary compensation is instead of considering how players feel about what happened. No one likes feeling robbed and doing the bare minimum doesn't really win back upset customers.

My guess on why they aren’t returning more donations is because they only decided to make this change a few months ago. They took a snapshot of treasury and started building a database of players donations then.

I may be wrong, but I doubt they keep each players donation and maps ran history over the life of their account. It would be extremely time consuming to return resources if they did though, especially for players who have donated to multiple treasuries.

They can split the treasury up and send 1/30th to each current member either. That would allow the alliances who use loaders to get tons of free resources.

It’s not the best system of reimbursement, at least they did have the foresight to do it at all. I’m disappointed myself that all I’ve donated over the years wasn’t taken into consideration or the fact that it doesn’t appear we can “claim” those donations as being the ones we’ve used for the previous 5 months. That would have been a much better outcome for the players.

• cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    edited May 2020
    Shinyuu said:

So @Kabam Miike I have a question about the tickets and not sure if anyone has addressed this yet or not but my alliance only run map 5 each week and we are a pretty laid back alliance because we all have very time consuming jobs or we have families so map 5 is as high as anyone wants to go. We were doing donations from everyone because map 5 wasn't free yet as it soon will be. So my question is what happens to all that gold, loyalty, and battle chips? We don't want nor will require tickets to run map 5 so will we get our resources back instead? I think each alliance should get back everything for the last 5 months that has been donated and then if they want tickets to do harder maps they can get them. I, like I'm sure a lot of others would rather have my gold and battle chips back than useless tickets we can't use nor ever plan to.

Kabam deserves praise for this move. Let me make my case.

Those map 5 donations that went towards paying for map 5, now those went and made future map 5s free. Also Kabam threw in 2 weeks of free AQ. But you also want those treasury resources back.
    Sure, I'd also like my map 6/7 donations back. Same for everyone else. Ultimately, you want more stuff for your account, but let's not pretend the majority of players didn't have a net positive from this move.

1) AQ weekly map costs are down 40+% from before.
    2) No more loophole for botters, cheaters, etc.
    3) Kabam retroactively screwed cheaters/mercs/botters who participated in this. I hope those accounts are marked by Kabam and get retroactively deleted.

The only bad thing for the majority is we didn't get to use the leftover treasury from more than 5 months back. The cheaters wouldn't be punished if those resources were returned to them to use on future maps.

Who's to blame?

The players/cheaters/mercs/botters that depend on loopholes to: 1) make money off players, 2) funnel fraud money, 3) hinder people who play fairly in regards to arena/leaderboards/legend runs.

Now, Kabam can still make money off spenders who don't want to grind, but still want top AQ level resources, players have cheaper or free maps, and cheaters can expect retroactive punishment.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

So @Kabam Miike I have a question about the tickets and not sure if anyone has addressed this yet or not but my alliance only run map 5 each week and we are a pretty laid back alliance because we all have very time consuming jobs or we have families so map 5 is as high as anyone wants to go. We were doing donations from everyone because map 5 wasn't free yet as it soon will be. So my question is what happens to all that gold, loyalty, and battle chips? We don't want nor will require tickets to run map 5 so will we get our resources back instead? I think each alliance should get back everything for the last 5 months that has been donated and then if they want tickets to do harder maps they can get them. I, like I'm sure a lot of others would rather have my gold and battle chips back than useless tickets we can't use nor ever plan to.

They've made maps free over the years and never refunded resources. Why all of a sudden people expect that to change is baffling. You're getting more now than you would have if they changed nothing else but making map 5 free. If at some point you do decide to run a higher map, whether it's with your current or future alliance, you'll have a stash of tickets already if you had an excess in donations. I can't understand how people seriously expect to just have the treasury split between the alliance. That's absurd
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

That would be unfair to other players.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

How would that be unfair to other players? You get back what you put in is all I'm saying. If you donated X amount of gold and battle chips you should get it back They can look and see who all has donated and how much for the last 5 months to distribute these tickets so why couldn't they just return those items and if alliances need tickets like the ones who run map 6 and 7 then they can purchase them.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of action against Loaders.
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

How would that be unfair to other players? You get back what you put in is all I'm saying. If you donated X amount of gold and battle chips you should get it back They can look and see who all has donated and how much for the last 5 months to distribute these tickets so why couldn't they just return those items and if alliances need tickets like the ones who run map 6 and 7 then they can purchase them.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of action against Loaders.
    Not really because like I posted they get back gold, loyalty, and battle chips, who cares? They can't donate that to an alliance and they can't purchase tickets and give them to other players so they have a bunch of gold and such that they can do absolutely nothing with to benefit any player or alliance...it's a win, win it would make players happy who get back what they put in and if they want to do map 6 or 7 they can use that and get the tickets and it will make players who were paying for lesser maps happy because they will get back their resources they put into the treasury instead of useless tickets they will never use.
    There are a number of reasons why refunds are problematic.
    Also, making Map 5 free indefinitely is the same as taking Resources that were deposited for Map 5 as payment. Only, it's forever.
    Shinyuu said:

Also, making Map 5 free indefinitely is the same as taking Resources that were deposited for Map 5 as payment. Only, it's forever.

And how can they even determine how many tickets to distribute? Some players in alliances only donated battle chips because they grind arena all the time and some donated gold because they enjoy opening cavs and buying offers. So if the tickets will be distributed by what you put in then what if they cost gold, loyalty, and battle chips? Do the players that donated just gold when others couldn't to help them out get nothing back and no tickets because they had the gold but nothing else and same goes with battle chips?
    The Tickets are the same as all 3 Resources because you can use all 3 to buy them.
    Look at it this way. When you make a Donation, it's to the Alliance. There it stays. You don't get them back if you leave or switch. It's not like a Bank where you can save it for Ranking later. The sole purpose of it is for AQ. We know this when we make deposits. Regardless of what we deposit, we know we're not getting it back. The Leader could boot us an hour later, and we wouldn't get it back.
    As for the advanced notice, that doesn't really apply because as soon as they told us, they disabled it. Of course we wouldn't make Donations if we knew Map 5 was going to be free, but it wasn't free until we knew.
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

And how can they even determine how many tickets to distribute? Some players in alliances only donated battle chips because they grind arena all the time and some donated gold because they enjoy opening cavs and buying offers. So if the tickets will be distributed by what you put in then what if they cost gold, loyalty, and battle chips? Do the players that donated just gold when others couldn't to help them out get nothing back and no tickets because they had the gold but nothing else and same goes with battle chips?
    The Tickets are the same as all 3 Resources because you can use all 3 to buy them.
    Look at it this way. When you make a Donation, it's to the Alliance. There it stays. You don't get them back if you leave or switch. It's not like a Bank where you can save it for Ranking later. The sole purpose of it is for AQ. We know this when we make deposits. Regardless of what we deposit, we know we're not getting it back. The Leader could boot us an hour later, and we wouldn't get it back.
    As for the advanced notice, that doesn't really apply because as soon as they told us, they disabled it. Of course we wouldn't make Donations if we knew Map 5 was going to be free, but it wasn't free until we knew.
    Actually some players had just donated so those resources became useless for those alliances that run map 5. Giving back players their resources would make everyone happy. Right now the community is split into those who love the tickets and those who hate it so giving back players their resources for the last 5 months to decide if they want/need these tickets would make everyone happy, including you.
    They're useless to us personally the second we donate them. The Alliance uses them, and can only use them on Maps. In this case, on Map 5. Essentially, the game took the Resources you donated towards Map 5 and gave you lifetime access (at least for the duration of the iteration that sees free Map 5). Which means you're getting exponential value.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    1) since they are done on a per player basis returning excess donations creates an imbalance when AQ could essentially have been free for the alliance and the financier is refunded. That’s not equitable.
    2) donations pay for AQ, tickets now pay for AQ
    3) the treasury is not a bank nor is it insured
    4) donations were surrendered for AQ when deposited, the sole purpose of the treasury
    5) if they were the sold as a result of a 3rd party they’re forfeit
    6) if they were traded for other resources the value of refunds could be off
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

Once you donate resources to the Treasury, you no longer own those resources. The Alliance owns them. You can't take them out or use them for anything other than AQ.

Now you're proposing for Kabam to return those resources from the treasury. This would be unfair to players because now you have extra resources that would otherwise not be available to you.

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. He donates 1,000,000.
    Player B has 1,000,000 gold. He doesn't donate.

They both now own 1,000,000 gold.
    They use that gold to rank up a 5* character.

BUT, Player A gets his gold back, just like you suggested.
    Player A now has 1,000,000 extra gold that he had given up.
    That gold wasn't available to him before. Now, it's given him an advantage.
    Player A can now rank up a second 5*, putting him in a better place than Player B.

Kabam shouldn't return resources like Gold, BCs, and Loyalty that can be used for non-AQ purposes.
    They should return in tickets in full, or some other AQ-specific currency in full, but not in general resources.
    Shinyuu said:

Giving players back what they put in will still hit the mercs if that's what this system was made to stop. So they get back a bunch of gold, loyalty, and battle chips, so what? They can't use any of it to purchase tickets for an alliance. They can't buy these new tickets and give them to other players. So I see it as a win, win situation. It would make all players happy because they would get back what they put in instead of having useless tickets in their inventory that they will never use and it will shut down mercs who donated to allainces.

But it wouldn't be a win-win situation for players who don't donate. Now you're creating a situation in which the donating players have an advantage over the non-donating players. That's simply not fair.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    It’s fair.

How is it that when people donate, it’s unfair that they get back what they donated?