**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

so what about those who complete initial run of act 6? or explore 100% act6 in hard mode

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ImGodMF said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Can’t remember a time when rewards were reduced once content was re balanced so no, rewards should stay the same.

Doesn't matter if there's a precedent for it or nor. You CHOSE not to do something for what was available at the time.

If rewards change later, it's absolutely no different that there being a design change later and difficulty being adjusted. You made a decision based on current information.
    Wrong, content always gets easier, either through changes to the content itself, release of new champs or in higher ranks of champs available. Those who did the content knowing this accepted that and have been rewarded justly.
    This isn't via new champs or higher ranks or any other natural progression curve in the game though. This is a straight up design change. If the design of the content can be changed so can the rewards. So yeah swipe 25% of the rewards from act 6 and you say you're cool with that and you might have a point. Until then it's just I want something bc I want it and screw everyone else.
    Same as act 5 and LOL changes, no compensation was offered and no rewards were reduced just as they won’t be this time. In your words “suck it up”
    Yeah bc those happened months after they were released .

Again reading comprehension fails this place, I don't want anything from this at all and don't want to see the rewards reduced at all. My whole point comes back to the abyss shards reduction pity party. If you're fine with the changes to Act 6, well time to suck it up and accept the changes to abyss as well. Thanks for backing me up
    Act 6 was also released months ago, 12 for 6.2 champion and 4 for 6.4.

Your whole point seems moot then considering no one in this thread has mentioned anything about abyss.
    Meant the other changes even though the LoL changes were very fast bc of people rolling through it with broken champs, the rest weren't.

Doesn't matter if it was mentioned. Doesn't make it remotely moot. People here that have said all is well with the act 6 changes have also said that removing the 15k shards from abyss is unfair.

This whole "you chose to do it early" nonsense some of you love throwing out is just that, nonsense. You chose to do it late, so you should be fine with them reducing rewards as well. I don't think they will or want them to do that in this instance but this false sense of you think you're smarter, or whatever it is you need to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about not doing content, attitude is silly. If no one did it before you then whatever issues you feel there are, would never even be addressed bc you'd all be sitting at 6.1.1, 6.2.6, or wherever you gave up. Does that make us entitled to more than you? Of course not. That also doesn't make you entitled to what those people got if rewards get changed later.
    "You chose to do it late" is literally and entirely false. I had Abyss initial clear done literally a month or so after I pulled Aegon and Doom. Both went instantly from r1 to r5, I also used a generic AG on void and a skill AG on Aegon. Void also went r1 to r5 as soon possible. I have just taken 6* torch to R2 to do my 2nd abyss path. I was not capable of doing Abyss before I got these champs, nor are a lot of people. You had every chance to wait, and every chance to not rush into using your oh so rare and exclusive resources.

I also do not have the time to do 4 paths before the 25th to bank the extra shards.
    You chose to wait for those oh so rare champions
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Markjv81 said:

Did they give compensation when Act 5 or LOL was changed? Don’t think so.

You were happy and comfortable to do it at the difficulty it was and that’s the end of it.

That’s like saying I should be given an Aegon/ghost/Corvus/doom etc because you got to explore it using those champs and I don’t have them.

Thats totally a false statement. They never nerfed act5 Or LOL. The only thing they have nerfed till now was act4 jugggernaut.
    Not sure what the source of the act 5 nerf is but LoL was tuned down with the removal of Dulled cannot remember if other changes were made at the same time.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Markjv81 said:

You were happy and comfortable to do it at the difficulty it was and that’s the end of it.

That’s like saying I should be given an Aegon/ghost/Corvus/doom etc because you got to explore it using those champs and I don’t have them.

Thats totally a false statement. They never nerfed act5 Or LOL. The only thing they have nerfed till now was act4 jugggernaut.
    Act 4 was nerfed beyond just slashed tires Juggs. Short path Venom got a big nerf. I know there were other changes but can't remember.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

Yes my mistake, meant act 4 not 5 (as mentioned in another thread), and LOL they removed dulled.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    Markjv81 said:

Yes my mistake, meant act 4 not 5 (as mentioned in another thread), and LOL they removed dulled.

@LeNoirFaineant , @CoatHang3r , @Markjv81
    The sole purpose of dulled node was to restrain scarlet witch. When scarlet witch was nerfed in 12.0 , they removed the dulled node because now no one could ever solo the lol with infinite stun lock of scarlet witch. Those who fought lol with dulled node always had the advantage of game breaking champs of that time. The same thing applies for act4. They had super beyond God tier champs(much powerful than today's aegon, ghost or quake) which could have cleared the pre nerf act4 without any difficulty.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Does anyone think the compensation (for 6.2 champion) will be something other than revives/potions?

I’m trying to debate whether its worth doing it just for the compensation. I thought if it was consumables that people would rant on forums leading to another possible compensation

You're better off saving the ones you'll spend on it.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Those of us who 100% it knew the difficulty and the potential cost. I don’t think it’s deserving of any compensation unless they decide to drastically change the rewards to go along with it.

@Etm34 I agree with you. I haven't done the initial run yet. I`m at 6.4 now. But I am planning on doing it before the 'nerf'/rebalance. Just for the bragging rights of having done it as it was originally released.
    Even if it is going to be bad. 6.3 was pretty decent.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★

ImGodMF said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Can’t remember a time when rewards were reduced once content was re balanced so no, rewards should stay the same.

Doesn't matter if there's a precedent for it or nor. You CHOSE not to do something for what was available at the time.

If rewards change later, it's absolutely no different that there being a design change later and difficulty being adjusted. You made a decision based on current information.
    Wrong, content always gets easier, either through changes to the content itself, release of new champs or in higher ranks of champs available. Those who did the content knowing this accepted that and have been rewarded justly.
    This isn't via new champs or higher ranks or any other natural progression curve in the game though. This is a straight up design change. If the design of the content can be changed so can the rewards. So yeah swipe 25% of the rewards from act 6 and you say you're cool with that and you might have a point. Until then it's just I want something bc I want it and screw everyone else.
    Same as act 5 and LOL changes, no compensation was offered and no rewards were reduced just as they won’t be this time. In your words “suck it up”

Again reading comprehension fails this place, I don't want anything from this at all and don't want to see the rewards reduced at all. My whole point comes back to the abyss shards reduction pity party. If you're fine with the changes to Act 6, well time to suck it up and accept the changes to abyss as well. Thanks for backing me up

Your whole point seems moot then considering no one in this thread has mentioned anything about abyss.
    Meant the other changes even though the LoL changes were very fast bc of people rolling through it with broken champs, the rest weren't.

Doesn't matter if it was mentioned. Doesn't make it remotely moot. People here that have said all is well with the act 6 changes have also said that removing the 15k shards from abyss is unfair.

This whole "you chose to do it early" nonsense some of you love throwing out is just that, nonsense. You chose to do it late, so you should be fine with them reducing rewards as well. I don't think they will or want them to do that in this instance but this false sense of you think you're smarter, or whatever it is you need to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about not doing content, attitude is silly. If no one did it before you then whatever issues you feel there are, would never even be addressed bc you'd all be sitting at 6.1.1, 6.2.6, or wherever you gave up. Does that make us entitled to more than you? Of course not. That also doesn't make you entitled to what those people got if rewards get changed later.
    "You chose to do it late" is literally and entirely false. I had Abyss initial clear done literally a month or so after I pulled Aegon and Doom. Both went instantly from r1 to r5, I also used a generic AG on void and a skill AG on Aegon. Void also went r1 to r5 as soon possible. I have just taken 6* torch to R2 to do my 2nd abyss path. I was not capable of doing Abyss before I got these champs, nor are a lot of people. You had every chance to wait, and every chance to not rush into using your oh so rare and exclusive resources.

I also do not have the time to do 4 paths before the 25th to bank the extra shards.
    You waited on specific champions?
    Y

ImGodMF said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

You waited on specific champions?
    Yes. Champions that would make it possible due to not having a ridiculously extensive roster through not having an abundance of 6* shards thrown at me.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I’m going through act 6 on second account currently and really don’t see any major issues with the champion fight (other than no retreat node) the overall fight mechanics are actually quite fun.

I ask see very few issues with high attack values in 6.3 and 6.4 - just evade and intercept.

However, the mordo boss and whole of 6.2.5 is just ** and that node the requires u to have full team alive on fight is much bigger cash grab than the champion boss
    @Monk1 the issue most people have with the high attack values is not really because of blockdamage when it comes to the paths. It's more that, if you make a mistake and get hit by one combo, you die.

With the champion it is mostly about the block damage. I had a r4 duped CAIW, took some block damage to evade his specials. The fact you can only practise on him by clearing a whole path makes this more difficult.

Even the best counters require quite a bit of skill, with the exception of a sig 200 Thing. Which not everybody has.

I myself don`t see it as much of a problem. At this point in the game you should have all the basic skills to do these fights. I do hope they do not nerf the attack rating into the ground. Let them keep atleast 75% of their current power. And maybe alter some bosses so they have atleast 15 or so good counters.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I’ve explored 6.1, and done an initial run of the rest as well as done a couple extra paths in 6.3 when I started to explore it.
    If they give compensation, great. If not, that’s fine because they’re changing the one thing I wanted changing, attack values.

Tbh if anything, after the nerf to act 6 they should make it inaccessible without earning elders bane title first just to slow down all the newbies that rush in and complain that their roster of 10 5*s can’t handle it.

Whatever be the case
    Deep down you know (Who are opposing the compensation) that you are inferior in terms of gameplay who did ACT6 on current difficulty level.

It requires endless grinding and huge efforts to do in current state and therefore a huge compensation is must on part of kabam for players who suffered all the dirty fights.

Conceited much?

The thing is with story content, you shouldn’t have to be a whale, a grinder, gotten extremely lucky with 5&6* pulls or the top 10% in skill to be able to beat it, story content should be for the average account with average skill. If you want to be tested that’s what LOL, AOL, the maze, boss rushes etc are for.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    As someone who recently finished 100% A6, I would be pretty upset if they nerfed the entire thing into the ground and I didn't get anything extra for doing it already.

I thought the champion fight was hard but not ridiculous. Maybe just needed some of the link nodes tuned.

Nerfing the attack values across the board is actually a game changer. Especially on every boss in 6.3 and 6.4 aside from the grandmaster.
    Shrimkins said:

As someone who recently finished 100% A6, I would be pretty upset if they nerfed the entire thing into the ground and I didn't get anything extra for doing it already.

I thought the champion fight was hard but not ridiculous. Maybe just needed some of the link nodes tuned.

Nerfing the attack values across the board is actually a game changer. Especially on every boss in 6.3 and 6.4 aside from the grandmaster.

Nerfing the attack makes most of it a cakewalk. Some people need training wheels though. More power to them
  • ChrisjefcChrisjefc Posts: 16
    edited June 2020
    I have actually never known a gaming community want compensation for everything that gets changed in a game before

The game was off for an hour - weres my compensation!
    I had lag in a fight last night that killed me -weres my compensation!
    Literally anything that happens in-game - we're my compensation!!
    Knation said:

Markjv81 said:

Whatever be the case
    Deep down you know (Who are opposing the compensation) that you are inferior in terms of gameplay who did ACT6 on current difficulty level.

It requires endless grinding and huge efforts to do in current state and therefore a huge compensation is must on part of kabam for players who suffered all the dirty fights.

Conceited much?

The thing is with story content, you shouldn’t have to be a whale, a grinder, gotten extremely lucky with 5&6* pulls or the top 10% in skill to be able to beat it, story content should be for the average account with average skill. If you want to be tested that’s what LOL, AOL, the maze, boss rushes etc are for.
    Then the rewards shouldn’t reflect it
    If your ok with the rewards getting nerfed and making story content easy from now on that’s your opinion but you can’t complain then when the rewards go down tons
    Rewards shouldn’t reflect what? The rewards in act 6 are just natural progression from act 5.
    It is funny how everyone assumes act 6 will be nerfed into the ground if a nerf does happen. Maybe they keep all nodes with the exception of some bosses the same. And just give the defenders 75% of the attack they have now. You would still die within 2 combo's. But you would be allowed to make 1 mistake in a fight.

For all I care they don`t even need to nerf it for 100% exploration. It is fine to let that stay as it is. However, it is bad design if 7.1 or 7.2 gets a new title, and people aren't able to reach it because they have bad luck in rng.
    Bosses should be hard, but atleast counterable by 10 to 15 champs. And you can design the paths so that each path is counterable by a large number of different champs.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Shrimkins said:

Nerfing the attack makes most of it a cakewalk. Some people need training wheels though. More power to them
    I agree dropping attack values (which when doing it I never even noticed where that bad) will make the whole thing far too easy.

If people can’t hold a 80-100 combo then are they really ready for this content.. I suggest more practice.

Again it is a symptom of people not growing logically.. Popping loads of crystals and getting 5*/6* champs and expecting to Just breeze content.

• Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Whatever be the case

Conceited much?

For average players EQ are there especially Heroic and Master mode

If you want those high end rewards then grind and earn them.

Even LOL & AOL are easy in front of ACT6
    And for being lucky i must tell you that we had to rank up different champs just to clear 1 path and not use that champ again. It’s not easy to get through story content. This is permanent content and meant to be tough.

It is funny how everyone assumes act 6 will be nerfed into the ground if a nerf does happen. Maybe they keep all nodes with the exception of some bosses the same. And just give the defenders 75% of the attack they have now. You would still die within 2 combo's. But you would be allowed to make 1 mistake in a fight.

For all I care they don`t even need to nerf it for 100% exploration. It is fine to let that stay as it is. However, it is bad design if 7.1 or 7.2 gets a new title, and people aren't able to reach it because they have bad luck in rng.
    Bosses should be hard, but atleast counterable by 10 to 15 champs. And you can design the paths so that each path is counterable by a large number of different champs.

What bosses aren't counterable by 10-15 champs? The only ones I can think of aren't even any that people complain about besides maybe Sinister which still technically does have that many counters, you just need synergies

Markjv81 said:

Whatever be the case

Conceited much?

For average players EQ are there especially Heroic and Master mode

If you want those high end rewards then grind and earn them.

Even LOL & AOL are easy in front of ACT6
    And for being lucky i must tell you that we had to rank up different champs just to clear 1 path and not use that champ again. It’s not easy to get through story content. This is permanent content and meant to be tough.
    No, you’re so far off the mark it’s not even funny, heroic and master mode events quests are for people who aren’t even at uncollected level and isn’t even remotely related to act 6. Traditionally story content is not meant to be tough it’s aimed at average level players not whales, grinders, the lucky or the highly skilled.
    And I’m talking about LOL in terms of it when it was released not 4 years later.