**KNOWN ISSUE**
An unknown error has resulted in Grandmaster Gauntlet progress being reset for a portion of our playerbase. As a result, we will be temporarily removing the Grandmaster Gauntlet as a playable mode. The mode will be reinstated when the team has resolved the issues.
**KNOWN ISSUE**
There appears to be a bug causing missing VFX (visual effects) for a number of elements including traps, phasing and some blocking animations.
The team is aware and looking into the cause of the issue.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

1212224262746

Comments

  • ninjadtkninjadtk Posts: 27
    edited June 2020

    Path Identities

    Corrected June 19

    Intermediate, Hard, Challenger, and Expert:


    I'm noticing that the champion and health buffs on node 21 are different than node 19 and 20, despite them being the same level mini boss, is this intentional or a typo?

    Also, why isn't the original post in the news and announcements section?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,235 ★★★★★

    Haji_Saab said:

    What a mockery for average players really
    Master 1 40k 6* shards
    Gold1 2.5k 6* shards

    Are we exist in game???

    Rewards quantum is a different discussion but you can't compare Masters top spot to Gold 1. In order to have a perfect season in Master, people spend about on average 5k+ units on potions and boosts. In order to have a perfect season in Gold 1, you just need to know your basic skills.
    There's no such thing as perfect season in gold 1. If you're in gold 1 and you don't lose you would bump up to plat 3 minimum, if not higher. So your argument is not correct.
    That would entirely depend what your multiplier was when you started in g1 lol I’d like to think you’d hit platinum...but if your multiplier was just too low you could still very well end up towards the top of g1 still
    I'm in a gold 1/gold 2 alliance. When we win all our wars starting from the bottom of gold 2 we end up in gold 1. If we start at the bottom of gold 1 we end up in p4 if we don't lose. The multiplier you receive from the wins is how you bump up in War. It is just that simple. If you don't lose you advance, if you lose 2-3 wars that is different from not losing at all. So stop trying to change the argument to make your point.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Somewhere one the road kabam forgot that we want our best champions to shine, and not to find our hard earned ranked-uped champ being trashed by some BS specific node.

    This cant be the answer.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

    @Kabam Miike

    Can we please get confirmation on the stubborn tactic regarding the dodge mechanic. Does dodge mean If a player uses dexterity they will trigger the tactic and thus place an indestructible on the defender?


    Check out Night Thrasher’s passive ability— successful dodges grant 5% power gain when he’s under 1 bar of power.

    Now dex with him while he’s under 1 bar of power. He gets the 5% power gain.

    Dexterity is a dodge and will trigger the stubborn tactic.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 74
    Rektor said:

    WHOz_R4GE said:

    @Kabam Miike

    Can we please get confirmation on the stubborn tactic regarding the dodge mechanic. Does dodge mean If a player uses dexterity they will trigger the tactic and thus place an indestructible on the defender?


    Check out Night Thrasher’s passive ability— successful dodges grant 5% power gain when he’s under 1 bar of power.

    Now dex with him while he’s under 1 bar of power. He gets the 5% power gain.

    Dexterity is a dodge and will trigger the stubborn tactic.
    I agree that is the likely answer. Even though it will make stubborn so broken that some fights will be unwinnable. But why can't they use internally consistent wording? Just say, this includes using the dexterity mastery, boom done no more confusion. Instead they use language that is used differently in different contexts so you think maybe it will just kill quake and ghost and spidey but normal play is still allowed. And I really don't understand not clarifying when so many have asked the question although it sounds like maybe they answered some CCP people on their discord. But hey nobody but youtubers need to know how to plan a war that starts in 3 hrs or anything right?
  • PhartedPharted Posts: 30
    The description for Stubborn says whenever a #Defensive Defender’s Attack Misses, is Evaded, or Dodged, they gain 1/2/3 Indestructible Passive(s). This is how we're reading it in our alliance.

    The Dexterity mastery triggers when you Dodge backwards, so Dex a special and indestructible triggers.

    Ghost's phasing, Darkhawk's stealth mode, and Invisible Woman / Hood's invisibility all can cause attacks to Miss, so indestructible triggers.

    Quake, Domino, all the Spideys, etc. all have Evade, so indestructible triggers.

    Our plan is just to drop down to Tier 6 and by-pass tactics entirely. The rewards don't come close to justifying the spend (and aggravation) needed to deal with this BS.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Pharted said:

    The description for Stubborn says whenever a #Defensive Defender’s Attack Misses, is Evaded, or Dodged, they gain 1/2/3 Indestructible Passive(s). This is how we're reading it in our alliance.

    The Dexterity mastery triggers when you Dodge backwards, so Dex a special and indestructible triggers.

    Ghost's phasing, Darkhawk's stealth mode, and Invisible Woman / Hood's invisibility all can cause attacks to Miss, so indestructible triggers.

    Quake, Domino, all the Spideys, etc. all have Evade, so indestructible triggers.

    Our plan is just to drop down to Tier 6 and by-pass tactics entirely. The rewards don't come close to justifying the spend (and aggravation) needed to deal with this BS.

    Wait for the #defensive defenders that have unblockable specials and your choice is to get 3 indestructible instantly for evading them or block the specials with your face
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Doom on oscillate aggressive fury tunnel vision with stubborn
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,235 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

    Knation said:

    Knation said:

    LSDin said:

    Kabam Won the troll Awards for the Century with this announcement 🤣🤣

    G1 should be 2x t5b & 6x t2a ~ enuff for r5 a 5*
    + 25% t5cc crystal

    P4 should be 3x t5b & 7x t2a ~ enuff for r2 a 6*
    + 35% t5cc crystal

    Scale up and down from there

    But Kabam is like




    We were P4 a few seasons ago and after Flow were like nahhh .. then we were like War?

    Nahhhhh

    And reformed as a high prestige 5x5 / No War / 1 Optional War BG

    Never been happier in game, and have gotten more outta the Glory store & having top champs always available to clear content than vs. spending for heals in the Glory store.

    I HIGHLY encourage others to take the no War route if you're on the fence about it ~ it's so much more rewarding in both resources acquired over that time frame, and in saving your mental & emotional health.

    This is beyond one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted here..... wow
    I’ll agree 35% of a t5cc is a bit too much but 2% is pitiful
    I think we got 6 2% crystals for Master last season maybe (I really don't remember it might be less), much more than 2% wouldn't make a ton of sense really considering the effort differnce it takes between the two.

    They always roll out new resources incredibly slowly now. The shard increases, and particularly the 5* shards, definitely should have been higher in the lower ranks though
    Giving out 2% is pointless though if you got all the same class it would still take 6 years give or take to get a t5cc
    That's how roll outs of new tire resources works though. They were selling 2% crystals for silly amounts of money recently. If you're not playing at the top levels then those things trickle in for free some time after people were already paying for that trickle. Being upset at getting any t5c at a gold ranking currently is ridiculous.

    Those items take considerable amounts of time to accumulate if you're playing in lower tiers as they should.
    I’m in p4 and pretty much every war there’s at least one r3 defender or multiple maybe the new matchmaking system will change that but I feel if your ally has to fight r3s every war there should be more then a 2% crystal
    I'm actually in a gold 1 alliance and I can tell you anything past p4 and up you have to use boosts and items if you want to maintain that position and it isn't wars people sleep walk through which is why I don't play it lol.

    So I agree with @Knation that p4 and up deserves well above a 2% crystal.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,009 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

    Knation said:

    Knation said:

    LSDin said:

    Kabam Won the troll Awards for the Century with this announcement 🤣🤣

    G1 should be 2x t5b & 6x t2a ~ enuff for r5 a 5*
    + 25% t5cc crystal

    P4 should be 3x t5b & 7x t2a ~ enuff for r2 a 6*
    + 35% t5cc crystal

    Scale up and down from there

    But Kabam is like




    We were P4 a few seasons ago and after Flow were like nahhh .. then we were like War?

    Nahhhhh

    And reformed as a high prestige 5x5 / No War / 1 Optional War BG

    Never been happier in game, and have gotten more outta the Glory store & having top champs always available to clear content than vs. spending for heals in the Glory store.

    I HIGHLY encourage others to take the no War route if you're on the fence about it ~ it's so much more rewarding in both resources acquired over that time frame, and in saving your mental & emotional health.

    This is beyond one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted here..... wow
    I’ll agree 35% of a t5cc is a bit too much but 2% is pitiful
    I think we got 6 2% crystals for Master last season maybe (I really don't remember it might be less), much more than 2% wouldn't make a ton of sense really considering the effort differnce it takes between the two.

    They always roll out new resources incredibly slowly now. The shard increases, and particularly the 5* shards, definitely should have been higher in the lower ranks though
    Giving out 2% is pointless though if you got all the same class it would still take 6 years give or take to get a t5cc
    That's how roll outs of new tire resources works though. They were selling 2% crystals for silly amounts of money recently. If you're not playing at the top levels then those things trickle in for free some time after people were already paying for that trickle. Being upset at getting any t5c at a gold ranking currently is ridiculous.

    Those items take considerable amounts of time to accumulate if you're playing in lower tiers as they should.
    I’m in p4 and pretty much every war there’s at least one r3 defender or multiple maybe the new matchmaking system will change that but I feel if your ally has to fight r3s every war there should be more then a 2% crystal
    And in the higher tiers you have entire paths of R3s. I'm not sure what you're getting at. You have tons of people that have done things like abyss and act 6 playing in lower tiers just bc they don't want to push war. I'm assuming you're one of them as you've posted in the abyss and act 6 threads. Going up against people at the same level as you doesn't mean a ton.

    I'm not saying it shouldn't be more than 2% but I honestly don't think it should be much more personally. I'm curious as to what sort of matching changes will happen going forward and I'm hoping rating being the primary factor helps a lot of the mid tier players personally. Upper gold and lower platinum ranks had quite a large amount of alliances in them that would never finish there had they actually been matching those around them in rankings. I'm hoping this change sorts that out and it makes mobility up the ranks a bit easier by reducing some of the filler
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    There is no reason at this point in the game to artificially stagnate progression by handing out 2% of a t5c. Imo master should be a full guaranteed cat, p1 like 75%, p2 like 50%, p3 like 25%, and p4 like 12%. This would in no way break anything in game
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,009 ★★★★★

    There is no reason at this point in the game to artificially stagnate progression by handing out 2% of a t5c. Imo master should be a full guaranteed cat, p1 like 75%, p2 like 50%, p3 like 25%, and p4 like 12%. This would in no way break anything in game

    I legitimately have no idea why some of you are in such a rush to speed up the game. That's a horrible idea over all
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,009 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

    Also is there a limit to stubborn indestructible charges?

    Yes there is. It wasn't mentioned but there is at 3
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,086 ★★★★★
    Even the map is so bright and so big even can’t even zoom out terrible. But that the less of a hassle if ther don’t giv the old black bagrun back or let us chois it
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

    There is no reason at this point in the game to artificially stagnate progression by handing out 2% of a t5c. Imo master should be a full guaranteed cat, p1 like 75%, p2 like 50%, p3 like 25%, and p4 like 12%. This would in no way break anything in game

    I legitimately have no idea why some of you are in such a rush to speed up the game. That's a horrible idea over all
    What would that speed up? Rank 3 6* are only 15% stronger than an R2. For most people in game they wouldn’t even get any still and only the top two tiers would receive anything meaningful. I am in p4 and 12% would still put me over a year out. You are dead wrong here but whatever it’s not going to happen so it’s moot
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 939 ★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

    So picture Doom as a defender with Stubborn. Don't even put any extra nodes on him! This is how OP this tactic is. Remember you can't use Ghost or Quake for this fight. You push Doom over a bar of power, he throws his sp1 at you. You HAVE to evade it because it's unblockable. Now Doom has three charges on him. Now you have to take 3 blocked hits to remove the 3 charges. Well when Doom hits into your block, he shocks you and Heavies you in the face! And that's without ANY NODES lol!

    Now put him on node 49! 200% Champion Boost, 300% health, Stun immune, Shifting hazards Incinerate/Poison, debilitate. So now you will need a shock, poison, and incinerate immune (remember, can't use Ghost). Your one and only champ that has those immunites is Emma Frost. And she's only immune to those in diamond form so you will likely time out! Way to promote diversity!

    Get rid of the defender tactics!

    Iceman and Mephisto. Still not enough counters though
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,009 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

    There is no reason at this point in the game to artificially stagnate progression by handing out 2% of a t5c. Imo master should be a full guaranteed cat, p1 like 75%, p2 like 50%, p3 like 25%, and p4 like 12%. This would in no way break anything in game

    I legitimately have no idea why some of you are in such a rush to speed up the game. That's a horrible idea over all
    What would that speed up? Rank 3 6* are only 15% stronger than an R2. For most people in game they wouldn’t even get any still and only the top two tiers would receive anything meaningful. I am in p4 and 12% would still put me over a year out. You are dead wrong here but whatever it’s not going to happen so it’s moot
    More R3s in the game mean R4s come faster, that means R5s comes faster, which means 7*s come faster. That's how games like this work. They can't monetize something heavily that everyone already has so they have to move on to what people don't have. I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing but it's how this game in particular especially works.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 475 ★★★
    gohard123 said:

    Gregdagr8 said:

    So picture Doom as a defender with Stubborn. Don't even put any extra nodes on him! This is how OP this tactic is. Remember you can't use Ghost or Quake for this fight. You push Doom over a bar of power, he throws his sp1 at you. You HAVE to evade it because it's unblockable. Now Doom has three charges on him. Now you have to take 3 blocked hits to remove the 3 charges. Well when Doom hits into your block, he shocks you and Heavies you in the face! And that's without ANY NODES lol!

    Now put him on node 49! 200% Champion Boost, 300% health, Stun immune, Shifting hazards Incinerate/Poison, debilitate. So now you will need a shock, poison, and incinerate immune (remember, can't use Ghost). Your one and only champ that has those immunites is Emma Frost. And she's only immune to those in diamond form so you will likely time out! Way to promote diversity!

    Get rid of the defender tactics!

    Iceman and Mephisto. Still not enough counters though
    Neither are shock immune
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,009 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

    So picture Doom as a defender with Stubborn. Don't even put any extra nodes on him! This is how OP this tactic is. Remember you can't use Ghost or Quake for this fight. You push Doom over a bar of power, he throws his sp1 at you. You HAVE to evade it because it's unblockable. Now Doom has three charges on him. Now you have to take 3 blocked hits to remove the 3 charges. Well when Doom hits into your block, he shocks you and Heavies you in the face! And that's without ANY NODES lol!

    Now put him on node 49! 200% Champion Boost, 300% health, Stun immune, Shifting hazards Incinerate/Poison, debilitate. So now you will need a shock, poison, and incinerate immune (remember, can't use Ghost). Your one and only champ that has those immunites is Emma Frost. And she's only immune to those in diamond form so you will likely time out! Way to promote diversity!

    Get rid of the defender tactics!

    It's not unblockable when he has slow or petrify on him... also capiw shrugs debuffs with a skill on the team and places petrify with a tech.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to the node but outside of the agg fury/oscillate and maybe one or two more fights, it will be manageable
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,354 ★★★★

    Gregdagr8 said:

    So picture Doom as a defender with Stubborn. Don't even put any extra nodes on him! This is how OP this tactic is. Remember you can't use Ghost or Quake for this fight. You push Doom over a bar of power, he throws his sp1 at you. You HAVE to evade it because it's unblockable. Now Doom has three charges on him. Now you have to take 3 blocked hits to remove the 3 charges. Well when Doom hits into your block, he shocks you and Heavies you in the face! And that's without ANY NODES lol!

    Now put him on node 49! 200% Champion Boost, 300% health, Stun immune, Shifting hazards Incinerate/Poison, debilitate. So now you will need a shock, poison, and incinerate immune (remember, can't use Ghost). Your one and only champ that has those immunites is Emma Frost. And she's only immune to those in diamond form so you will likely time out! Way to promote diversity!

    Get rid of the defender tactics!

    It's not unblockable when he has slow or petrify on him... also capiw shrugs debuffs with a skill on the team and places petrify with a tech.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to the node but outside of the agg fury/oscillate and maybe one or two more fights, it will be manageable
    You can't retaliate against specials. So have to keep blocking before you hit. Or take the specials on block. Also, majority of the annoying defenders come under this. If we have to resort to taking block damage every fight, it's basically an item fest to heal.
    This node is basically limiting playstyle even more than Flow.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 203 ★★★
    Errrr, what options are there for dealing with Void on Cold Turkey? If you get rid of his debuffs, you take a burst of degen damage. If you don't get rid of his debuffs. You'll just die. So....what can you even do there? Ghost/hood won't even work with the stubborn tactic screws her.
Sign In or Register to comment.