**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

DodgerDog said:

80 deaths in tier 6 here and neither alliance finished 100%.

how does that compare to a usual offseason war? we've never 100% an offseason war i don't believe
    Definitely way higher then usual I’ve been putting defenders in who normally aren’t great simply because it’s off season and they are still getting a good few kills
    ya, it always takes some time for people to get used to the new nodes, the reaction to these changes are the same everytime the map gets changed
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Back to the old days.
    Where allies take 6, 7 or 8 paths only and intentionally give up exploration to get the clears.

Kabam have certainly made it clear they do not want wars to be 100% exploration and decided on deaths.
    They clearly want exploration to be a factor
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★

Knation said:

DodgerDog said:

how does that compare to a usual offseason war? we've never 100% an offseason war i don't believe
    Definitely way higher then usual I’ve been putting defenders in who normally aren’t great simply because it’s off season and they are still getting a good few kills
    ya, it always takes some time for people to get used to the new nodes, the reaction to these changes are the same everytime the map gets changed
    I’m just not liking the tunel vision node with this nasty combination one it plus put a domino one there not many options to counter it not that all node is bad there is a lot of them ther is great all one part 1 was mangers obviously ikow that’s part is probably the esay where part5 might be the hardest.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Knation said:

DodgerDog said:

I’m just not liking the tunel vision node with this nasty combination one it plus put a domino one there not many options to counter it not that all node is bad there is a lot of them ther is great all one part 1 was mangers obviously ikow that’s part is probably the esay where part5 might be the hardest.
    ya there's always a hardest path, same as every map
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Knation said:

DodgerDog said:

ya there's always a hardest path, same as every map
    True I’m not saying this map is only bad ther can be improved in personal don’t think tunel vision bad. If node like oscillation and agersiv fury wasn’t there. The defender wil. Just stay blok In aromer phess and stake like 8 Fur Hens my suggestion is if ther like to hav tunel vision stil removes oscillation. And leav it what it is then it wil stil be challenging but not overflod in dead I’m had a okay figth with ghost but forget tune vision because ther had 10 stake of fury so really didn’t hav a Nick with me he wil deal with it okay but again luck my figth was only a Ironman IW but with flow that was a bit brutally.
  • LaBiGitLaBiGit Posts: 2
    No fun, only stress and pain. Check the global chat rooms. People are promoting their alliances for being AQ only. You guys need to format your user experience department.
  • Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the lack of dev presence on this thread. It’s been a crazy few days for us and we have been working on finishing up our roadmap blog posts. I’ve tried to read through most of this thread but there was a LOT of information to digest. So here’s my attempt at a summary post, but I’m sorry if there were things that I’ve overlooked.

This update doesn’t sit well with the roadmap we just released, what gives?
    Unfortunately, the work that has gone into the Season 19 update has been going on for months, while the roadmap was created more recently. Something we are going to do is make updates to AW such that it falls in line with our goals with MCOC moving forward. Expect to see more regular updates to AW in the coming weeks to address the issues we’ve outlined to the community.

The new blue background is too bright!
    We’re changing the theme for the Challenger map.

Hidden nodes on minis?
    Hidden nodes are gone. We don’t think the current implementation of hidden information makes the mode more interesting for players. We’re removing hidden nodes from this version of the map and will not add it back into AW until we come up with a design that we’re happy with.

Map difficulty and tuning.
    Overall, we want to be a lot quicker with tuning on AW content. While we tend to tune Defense Tactics each Season, we don’t update the map as often. We want to do a better job of this moving forward.
    Map tuning includes the potency of specific Buffs and also Buff combinations on nodes
    For Defense Tactics, this is our first attempt at adding an Attacker Component, one thing that we want to do moving forward is to increase the potency of the Attack Buff and get this into a state where using the corresponding Attackers will feel like a net positive.

Before we go into Season 19, we are committed to making updates to the new map in order to tune down some of the new buffs and challenges we’ve put out. While we may not be able to act on all of this feedback, we will be making faster, more regular adjustments between Seasons to ensure that maps remain challenging and interesting, but on a level of difficulty more fair and less stressful for players.

Please post your concerns for specific nodes and buffs here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/205508/alliance-war-season-19-node-combination-feedback

Thank you everyone for your comments thus far. We hear your frustrations with the map. Changes will come soon.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the lack of dev presence on this thread. It’s been a crazy few days for us and we have been working on finishing up our roadmap blog posts. I’ve tried to read through most of this thread but there was a LOT of information to digest. So here’s my attempt at a summary post, but I’m sorry if there were things that I’ve overlooked.

This update doesn’t sit well with the roadmap we just released, what gives?
    Unfortunately, the work that has gone into the Season 19 update has been going on for months, while the roadmap was created more recently. Something we are going to do is make updates to AW such that it falls in line with our goals with MCOC moving forward. Expect to see more regular updates to AW in the coming weeks to address the issues we’ve outlined to the community.

The new blue background is too bright!
    We’re changing the theme for the Challenger map.

Hidden nodes on minis?
    Hidden nodes are gone. We don’t think the current implementation of hidden information makes the mode more interesting for players. We’re removing hidden nodes from this version of the map and will not add it back into AW until we come up with a design that we’re happy with.

Map difficulty and tuning.
    Overall, we want to be a lot quicker with tuning on AW content. While we tend to tune Defense Tactics each Season, we don’t update the map as often. We want to do a better job of this moving forward.
    Map tuning includes the potency of specific Buffs and also Buff combinations on nodes
    For Defense Tactics, this is our first attempt at adding an Attacker Component, one thing that we want to do moving forward is to increase the potency of the Attack Buff and get this into a state where using the corresponding Attackers will feel like a net positive.

Before we go into Season 19, we are committed to making updates to the new map in order to tune down some of the new buffs and challenges we’ve put out. While we may not be able to act on all of this feedback, we will be making faster, more regular adjustments between Seasons to ensure that maps remain challenging and interesting, but on a level of difficulty more fair and less stressful for players.

Please post your concerns for specific nodes and buffs here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/205508/alliance-war-season-19-node-combination-feedback

Thank you everyone for your comments thus far. We hear your frustrations with the map. Changes will come soon.

you can start by removing defensive tactics if you read thru these post 95% of the people here hate them and the ones you remove were no concern at all, remove flow don't even tune it just remove it all together also siphon can go also, im sure if you remove defensive tactics the community will be happy then we can start working with tuning nodes combination, I know you guys are trying but I don't think you guys are listening 95 % of the people hate flow and siphon but in the note you said"The Grandmaster has removed Dodge and Crush from the pool of Defense Tactic choices. " no one hated those we were ok with those nodes the lease popular defensive tactics are FLOW & Siphon if you think im not being honest check the forums.
  • Serious_786Serious_786 Posts: 99 ★★
    The only sad thing for us(gold 1 and below Alliances) is that we've been neglected. Like in tier 6-9 literally every node is Annoying and more punishing than ever and The rewards are still the same... I mean we were complaining about in previous difficulty and you guys said that you will buff the rewards and make the worth our Efforts but Now what you guys did you buffed rewards for platinum and Above Allys and Threw us in the Corner.

Now we are not getting any motivation for playing cuz It's not possible for us to complete without using items and Using items and taking that much stress as a leader/officer is not worth for those stupid rewards.

I hope you guys will either buff the rewards or will nerf wars.
  • Antônio87Antônio87 Posts: 6

I'm all for changes as long as they don't sacrifice fairness just to make people happy.

I fully agree.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Absolutely no mention about the rewards lol. The current rewards for lower tiers don't justify these excessively ridiculous nodes. You want us to play harder nodes, then stop being stingy with rewards and actually reward players appropriately and not just your whales
  • PaddoPaddo Posts: 90

Paddo said:

I guess we should be glad that this season does not take in to account the feedback that has been given. But it doesn't sit well at all to me. So regarding the respons I still have a lot of questions.

1. First off, players have been giving feedback way before a certain YouTuber got sick of his alliance. This was really the direction you were going in if there wasn't a big outrage ?
    3. If you were aware that this season was not going to make players happy, and it did not take in account recent promises for the future, the best way to communicate it was to just announce it with no mention of this not really being the direction of the future? You did not forsee this kind of reaction knowing what players did not like about current wars?
    4. If this takes months of planning, why did you not test the nodes!? Maybe it's not possible to try every node combination with every champion.. But popular ones like Korg and Doom? Isn't that a major part of designing something, testing how it works? Some players already saw these problems of it being impossible just by looking at the nodes, shouldn't a developer have more insights then players?
    5. The reward upgrade is, unlike the season 19, a part of the plans for the future. There was also a lot of displeasure because only the top 300 alliances got a decent change, while alliances in platinum 4 and lower barely see there rewards changed. This is not going te be addressed? Because of we just get this one response after a whole lot of days, and you ignore it, it really feels like you are not going to address it. Do you feel like the changes made to rewards is now enough to make it worthwhile for all players?

a certain youtuber....
    he is not Voldemort....
    you can say his name...
    LOL
    I guess I wanted to stress that it was just one person, one YouTuber. I know Seatin has the biggest following, but he still is just one of many YouTubers. My point is that feedback was already there and talked about regularly before Seatin quiting his alliance.
  • OstenabiraOstenabira Posts: 1
    New node 23... OMG, what a pain in the ass. A new good reason to stop playing alliance war.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    The fact that kabam is letting us “test” this in the off season is a good thing. But just throwing this at us without kabam knowing how difficult the interactions between certain defenders combined with nodes is what baffles me. Not meant to be negative and thank you for responding to us but the ratio of rewards vs difficulty is WAY disproportioned
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Initially I was a bit hyped for this thread and then I realized if the community needs to point out node combos with champs that SEVERELY limit counter play then there’s a different issue that needs to be discussed. How was it not obvious during development that things like ebb and flow intercept/tenacity, rapid metabolism or oscillate aggression fury tunnel vision are incredibly limiting. Taking a node and stacking another node on top that counters how you should fight the first node is terrible design.

We’re being asked to not take tactics into account. Why not? If you’re pushing them on us and these nodes are this ridiculous how is it not fair to assume they’ll be even worse with tactics.

Making these nodes easier for low tiers isn’t the answer either. There are people with huge rosters that can’t counter some of the stuff you created.

Take a step back and realize that new nodes on a new map is what needs to get fixed and MAYBE implement tactics some other season.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

Initially I was a bit hyped for this thread and then I realized if the community needs to point out node combos with champs that SEVERELY limit counter play then there’s a different issue that needs to be discussed. How was it not obvious during development that things like ebb and flow intercept/tenacity, rapid metabolism or oscillate aggression fury tunnel vision are incredibly limiting. Taking a node and stacking another node on top that counters how you should fight the first node is terrible design.

We’re being asked to not take tactics into account. Why not? If you’re pushing them on us and these nodes are this ridiculous how is it not fair to assume they’ll be even worse with tactics.

Making these nodes easier for low tiers isn’t the answer either. There are people with huge rosters that can’t counter some of the stuff you created.

Take a step back and realize that new nodes on a new map is what needs to get fixed and MAYBE implement tactics some other season.

Couldn't agree more with this. I wanted to post in the node combination thread as well but since they are saying that they're only looking at node combos and tactics, I feel like that really misses the mark. For example, window of opportunity alone is one thing. Add in flow and it's a whole other beast. Can't just disregard that... But that's what they're asking for. Doesn't make sense to me.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    Was watching @TheKiryu upload about the new war map. He was fighting a mysterio on node 23 w/ quake and the nodes were tunnel vision, aggression prowess and oscillate.

Isn’t it supposed to be aggression fury on node 23? Or did I miss an update? According to the original AW post its aggression fury across all tiers. Prowess is loads easier to deal with than fury when you throw on those other nodes. Find it strange that tier 1 has it easier than the lower tiers in that respect 😆