**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's talk about Canadian Difficulty

Comments

• SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Seraphion said:

We have to take a few things into account. Sasquash will ambush you with 300k hp + 10k attack. This is a very long fight with all his def abilities. And you can only bring 3 champs. So naturly it should be a bit easier.

Lucky for me I brought LC. Took a while but I got Sasquatch down.

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    So, I just ran through a lane, took on the Sasquatch.

It was fine and about what I would expect at this level AS THEY BEGIN TO TUNE IT.

It will get harder, and I kinda feel like the Sasquatch data is going to inform a lot of what we see in the future.

• arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    ESF said:

in the blog post about it they said it's meant to be completed by beginner cav players while exploration is for more endgame esque players, I think you guys expect either Lab or Abyss level opponents where that's not the case. Again this communities level of patience and wanting to get things done asap is annoying as hell

Exactly -- they said basically everyone who is Cavalier-level would be able to complete one path in the final product.

What's annoying is people constantly wanting content in a mobile game based on fictional characters where we all just tap on a screen to be like playing chess with Kasparov.

Every single second of the day, they can't be expected to hit the mark on Day 1 -- they weren't even planning to do it right now. They moved this process up to try to make people happy.

There's always gonna be content for elite players. They are literally trying to come up with it as we speak, with this Summer of Pain that they discussed.

They'll get this tuned -- if people are ripping through it without spending or using items, they're gonna see it in the data and adjust it accordingly
    I don't care for everything else you said in this post. Just for mentioning my favorite chess player ever, get an awesome from me. That's all.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    This is the first week, we shouldnt form an opinion until we try the whole content. Week 4 could be impossible.
    arsjum said:

ESF said:

in the blog post about it they said it's meant to be completed by beginner cav players while exploration is for more endgame esque players, I think you guys expect either Lab or Abyss level opponents where that's not the case. Again this communities level of patience and wanting to get things done asap is annoying as hell

Exactly -- they said basically everyone who is Cavalier-level would be able to complete one path in the final product.

What's annoying is people constantly wanting content in a mobile game based on fictional characters where we all just tap on a screen to be like playing chess with Kasparov.

Every single second of the day, they can't be expected to hit the mark on Day 1 -- they weren't even planning to do it right now. They moved this process up to try to make people happy.

There's always gonna be content for elite players. They are literally trying to come up with it as we speak, with this Summer of Pain that they discussed.

They'll get this tuned -- if people are ripping through it without spending or using items, they're gonna see it in the data and adjust it accordingly
    I don't care for everything else you said in this post. Just for mentioning my favorite chess player ever, get an awesome from me. That's all.
    I am a multifaceted, classy individual with lots of depth. I acknowledge your refinement in recognizing this about me...what? B)

• WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    I’ll wait to see how hard it gets. I’ve seen some side quests scale up a bit harder and some scale up ridiculously hard. The first week was like uncollected imo
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Content also wasn't tuned for ghost or corvus. It was tuned for large rosters. I'm not sure how much YT mcoc related stuff you watch but if there's one thing I noticed from seeing some of the kabam people participate in stuff (which I love btw. The guys doing stuff like the incursions tourney are awesome) is that the dev accounts basically just have every 5* champ at R5 maxed. I assume that's the sort of account they use for testing based off that. Now whether that's what they SHOULD be doing or not is personal opinion but makes more sense when you look at something like Act 6.

Not all but a lot of players look at a game and immediately want to go as far and high as possible in the shortest amount of time. That's definitely not the type of player that act 6 in particular was designed for. You can get 1 to 3 amazing 5*s super early in the game, get them to R5 or R5 through things like glory, and basically teleport to Act 6 without even exploring Act 5 let alone the earlier acts. The way they tried to counter that and encourage people to slow down and build up rosters was by making content incredibly roster restrictive. That was then tuned with test accounts with basically every champ. It's not rocket science to figure out how we got here

I understand what you’re saying. But that doesn’t mean that your criticism that people always want things easier. Some people do.

But most people just want content to be fair and accessible.

Act 6 is not enjoyable to me because of the gating system. I have zero desire to drag along a 6-star Heimdall just because the path says I have to take a 6-star because the designer wants my roster to have six-stars in it.

That doesn’t mean I want cheap rewards or want it to not be a challenge. But at the same time, I don’t need to beat the same boss seven times as a skill check, either.

People just want to play a fun game, man. It can absolutely be harder. But not every piece of content is gonna be perfect on Day 1, and stuff evolves. Look at the Variants, and the original content. The original stuff was tuned for 3-stars.

The game evolves if we give it time to evolve
    "Fair" is relative though. What's fair to me won't be fair to you. You're going to have people sleepwalking through Act 6 after it gets gutted. Is that "fair" to those that finished it? I don't personally care what gets done with content I'm finished with but I am concerned about the future of the game. All you see everywhere is people complaining about how hard everything is. Story shouldn't be so hard bc it's basic progression. AQ shouldn't be so hard bc we do it every day. AW shouldn't be so hard bc it's a core game mode.

What the hell IS supposed to be hard then? What is there supposed to be in game for the people that want to and are willing to push for the next tier of rewards other people aren't willing to do yet? That's what I don't get from what the majority want. All I hear is people wanting to compete at the top end of the game for mediocre effort.

I want as many people to enjoy the game as possible but those that don't want to push need to realize there are some that do. If you just keep stripping away at every game mode, what do they have left?
    I think this: There are people out there like you, a good chunk of people, and Kabam is designing content for you.

It’s coming. This is Day 1 of them trying to tune a Cavalier difficulty that I personally have zero doubt that Kabam is gonna make 100 percent Exploration unpleasant.

That doesn’t mean you won’t be able to do it. It doesn’t mean that some months won’t be easier for you. But I think they are gonna try to make Cavalier difficulty consistently unpleasant for people at your level.

But at the same time, people like you also have to understand that not every piece of that content is gonna hit that mark and that the rest of the masses have to see that content and believe that they can do it, too.

Kabam is trying to shrink the gap in the rosters, clean up some of the ridiculousness in Act 6, develop Book II and Cavalier difficulty, and fix AW while making AQ better.

They’re trying, man. I am critical sometimes too, but they’re trying.

Give them a minute to finesse Cavalier and see what that looks like, who can do it
    I actually agree completely, or at the least am hopeful that what you say is what happens.

There is definitely some of act 6 I've not just been okay with but argued for being changed. You can't make content THAT roster specific without addressing champ acquisition. They're addressing both (one far too much in my opinion but that's just me).

I'm fine with legitimate constructive criticism about difficulty, we need more of it in fact. Coming to the forum and caps locking about greed or cash grabs is anything but constructive though and that's what typically happens unfortunately.

I want them to get the new EQ difficulty right which is why I stated how I felt about this week and also said I'm reserving all actual judgement until it finishes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It's also worth noting this is called "Road to Cavalier", and not Cavalier itself. We can't necessarily assume it will look like the Side Quest. All they said was they would be preparing using the Events. I'm quite positive that Cavalier will look different.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

It's also worth noting this is called "Road to Cavalier", and not Cavalier itself. We can't necessarily assume it will look like the Side Quest. All they said was they would be preparing using the Events. I'm quite positive that Cavalier will look different.

I'm legitimately not trying to be insulting but unless you're at a bare minimum having a cavalier title, your feedback is basically meaningless when it comes to this. The absolute bare minimum that should come into play here is someone that overreached and got the title regardless of not having a roster that supports it. Then that opinion should be out on the absolute bottom of the pile and barely even looked at. If you're not even there, it's not a discussion you should even be involved in
    What if I only got Cavalier about a year ago with R4 Corvus, R4 Spidey Gwen, Rank 3 Medusa, Rank 3 Starky, and Rank 3 AA? Does my opinion count for less now, even if I've chosen not to do the rest of Act 6 due to laziness and knowing that nerfs are coming?
    ItsDamien said:

I'm legitimately not trying to be insulting but unless you're at a bare minimum having a cavalier title, your feedback is basically meaningless when it comes to this. The absolute bare minimum that should come into play here is someone that overreached and got the title regardless of not having a roster that supports it. Then that opinion should be out on the absolute bottom of the pile and barely even looked at. If you're not even there, it's not a discussion you should even be involved in
    What if I only got Cavalier about a year ago with R4 Corvus, R4 Spidey Gwen, Rank 3 Medusa, Rank 3 Starky, and Rank 3 AA? Does my opinion count for less now, even if I've chosen not to do the rest of Act 6 due to laziness and knowing that nerfs are coming?
    Yes, people at the absolute bottom of the tier should definitely matter less. It makes no sense whatsoever to tune a difficulty for people that barely got to that tier in the first place.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    If you’re complaining about having to use items, you’re missing the point. This is supposed to be difficult content, though currently it isn’t very difficult at all.
    Also worth noting I'll be making my Cavalier run this month, so yes. It does affect me too.

ESF said:

ESF said:

Content also wasn't tuned for ghost or corvus. It was tuned for large rosters. I'm not sure how much YT mcoc related stuff you watch but if there's one thing I noticed from seeing some of the kabam people participate in stuff (which I love btw. The guys doing stuff like the incursions tourney are awesome) is that the dev accounts basically just have every 5* champ at R5 maxed. I assume that's the sort of account they use for testing based off that. Now whether that's what they SHOULD be doing or not is personal opinion but makes more sense when you look at something like Act 6.

Not all but a lot of players look at a game and immediately want to go as far and high as possible in the shortest amount of time. That's definitely not the type of player that act 6 in particular was designed for. You can get 1 to 3 amazing 5*s super early in the game, get them to R5 or R5 through things like glory, and basically teleport to Act 6 without even exploring Act 5 let alone the earlier acts. The way they tried to counter that and encourage people to slow down and build up rosters was by making content incredibly roster restrictive. That was then tuned with test accounts with basically every champ. It's not rocket science to figure out how we got here

I understand what you’re saying. But that doesn’t mean that your criticism that people always want things easier. Some people do.

Act 6 is not enjoyable to me because of the gating system. I have zero desire to drag along a 6-star Heimdall just because the path says I have to take a 6-star because the designer wants my roster to have six-stars in it.

That doesn’t mean I want cheap rewards or want it to not be a challenge. But at the same time, I don’t need to beat the same boss seven times as a skill check, either.

People just want to play a fun game, man. It can absolutely be harder. But not every piece of content is gonna be perfect on Day 1, and stuff evolves. Look at the Variants, and the original content. The original stuff was tuned for 3-stars.

"Fair" is relative though. What's fair to me won't be fair to you. You're going to have people sleepwalking through Act 6 after it gets gutted. Is that "fair" to those that finished it? I don't personally care what gets done with content I'm finished with but I am concerned about the future of the game. All you see everywhere is people complaining about how hard everything is. Story shouldn't be so hard bc it's basic progression. AQ shouldn't be so hard bc we do it every day. AW shouldn't be so hard bc it's a core game mode.

What the hell IS supposed to be hard then? What is there supposed to be in game for the people that want to and are willing to push for the next tier of rewards other people aren't willing to do yet? That's what I don't get from what the majority want. All I hear is people wanting to compete at the top end of the game for mediocre effort.

I want as many people to enjoy the game as possible but those that don't want to push need to realize there are some that do. If you just keep stripping away at every game mode, what do they have left?
    I think this: There are people out there like you, a good chunk of people, and Kabam is designing content for you.

It’s coming. This is Day 1 of them trying to tune a Cavalier difficulty that I personally have zero doubt that Kabam is gonna make 100 percent Exploration unpleasant.

That doesn’t mean you won’t be able to do it. It doesn’t mean that some months won’t be easier for you. But I think they are gonna try to make Cavalier difficulty consistently unpleasant for people at your level.

But at the same time, people like you also have to understand that not every piece of that content is gonna hit that mark and that the rest of the masses have to see that content and believe that they can do it, too.

Kabam is trying to shrink the gap in the rosters, clean up some of the ridiculousness in Act 6, develop Book II and Cavalier difficulty, and fix AW while making AQ better.

Give them a minute to finesse Cavalier and see what that looks like, who can do it
    I actually agree completely, or at the least am hopeful that what you say is what happens.

There is definitely some of act 6 I've not just been okay with but argued for being changed. You can't make content THAT roster specific without addressing champ acquisition. They're addressing both (one far too much in my opinion but that's just me).

I'm fine with legitimate constructive criticism about difficulty, we need more of it in fact. Coming to the forum and caps locking about greed or cash grabs is anything but constructive though and that's what typically happens unfortunately.

I want them to get the new EQ difficulty right which is why I stated how I felt about this week and also said I'm reserving all actual judgement until it finishes.
    You care about this game as much as anyone here, and I respect that. I might not agree with everything you say, but that doesn’t mean I am always right. Means that hopefully Kabam will create content that makes us happy, and I think they can do that
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Yes, people at the absolute bottom of the tier should definitely matter less. It makes no sense whatsoever to tune a difficulty for people that barely got to that tier in the first place.
    But I didn't barely get to that tier. I got there quite comfortably with no units spent, just a few revives I had in my inventory.

My point is, although my story progression stopped a year ago because frankly I couldn't be bothered to do more, and in my current position I BREEZED through this new difficulty so far including the buffed up tech paths, my opinion is worth less somehow because I haven't achieved an arbitrary milestone that people in the community are holding as a Bastion of superiority? I could crush Act 6 with the roster I currently have, I choose not to because I have no need to currently and nothing to prove. This wouldn't make any opinion that I have on the current difficulty any less valid than any other person who is able to do this side event, considering it isn't in fact locked behind a Cavalier title or any other title, simply a level standpoint. Until Cavalier EQ is out, and the people who "only got Cavalier" start complaining about difficulty, will the argument of "Well you haven't progressed further in Act 6" hold any real validity.

Okay, back the Ego train up.
    Anyone can discuss anything on here. Including anyone who is doing Canadian, which I am.
    I haven't registered whether I think it's too hard, or not hard enough. We haven't even seen the whole thing yet.
    What I can say is it's a Side Quest that's for everyone Level 55 and up. It's not just for "Cavalier".
    Honestly, people are looking at this like a personal platform on what it should and shouldn't be, and there's more to it than battling opinions. They'll also be looking at the data.
    The Side Quest is for anyone, not bound to Titles.
    It's specifically been put into the game to tune the next EQ difficulty. That is it's ONLY purpose. So yes I as someone this difficulty is being tuned for, has an opinion on it while you, as someone who does not have a dog in this fight has absolutely no meaningful contribution to the discussion. I'm far from on of the people who discounts anything you say as that's absurd, but for this current topic, you have absolutely nothing meaningful to add
    No, it's not its only purpose. Your response is also extremely childish, considering you're trying to invalidate an opinion I never even gave. It's "Road to Cavalier". Not Cavalier. We had the same discussion with people arguing that they were Cavalier, and not Level 60, and Kabam themselves clarified that it's not bound to Titles. All I said was I believe Cav will look different. From that, you're getting all bent out of shape because I'm not saying, "Put some more stank on it.".
    ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

You care about this game as much as anyone here, and I respect that. I might not agree with everything you say, but that doesn’t mean I am always right. Means that hopefully Kabam will create content that makes us happy, and I think they can do that
    That much we absolutely agree on. I wouldn't spend any let alone near the time I do here of I didn't truly love this game. That doesn't mean I love it more than someone that doesn't spend or that my opinions are any more important than theirs or anyone else's really.

It also doesn't mean it doesn't matter at all though. I have just as much right as anyone to have an opinion on game direction. Just bc I don't agree with the masses doesn't make me wrong or right. It's just how I feel.

I do hope they find a balance to make each group happy honestly. I don't want people quitting. If all you have to offer is complaints and insults the yeah you're probably better off gone. When people come in with a reasonable point and an actual way to address it, that's constructive criticism.

That's all I want to see here honestly. Caps locking rants about greed and money grabs aren't constructive, it's lazy and usually wrong. I just don't want the game to be changed so much that the people that actually enjoy it get bored and quit honestly

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

But I didn't barely get to that tier. I got there quite comfortably with no units spent, just a few revives I had in my inventory.

My point is, although my story progression stopped a year ago because frankly I couldn't be bothered to do more, and in my current position I BREEZED through this new difficulty so far including the buffed up tech paths, my opinion is worth less somehow because I haven't achieved an arbitrary milestone that people in the community are holding as a Bastion of superiority? I could crush Act 6 with the roster I currently have, I choose not to because I have no need to currently and nothing to prove. This wouldn't make any opinion that I have on the current difficulty any less valid than any other person who is able to do this side event, considering it isn't in fact locked behind a Cavalier title or any other title, simply a level standpoint. Until Cavalier EQ is out, and the people who "only got Cavalier" start complaining about difficulty, will the argument of "Well you haven't progressed further in Act 6" hold any real validity.
    See, this is exactly what I was getting at earlier: We have to be careful in how we talk about players we have never seen play.

For example, I am not Elder’s Bane. People might look at that and say, “Ooooh, ESF can’t play.”

Don’t kid yourselves. I can play. This game ain’t that hard, and I ain’t bad.

I have all of the final two acts done — aka the hard ones — and just have no time or desire to beat the Collector 26 times UNTIL I decide I want that generic 5-star Awakening Gem for a specific character.

For example, right now I have one Mutant AG. It’s waiting for Omega Red.

But if Magneto’s buff is awesome, my 5-star Mags is unawakened. So I would put the gem into Mags and then the second I got Omega Red, I would clear the rest of 5.2.

I am not saying that people should necessarily talk about content they haven’t cleared.

I am just saying that I know some people play this game on a tight schedule, don’t have the time or desire to tap out 2 million hit points on multiple characters, but that doesn’t mean they can’t

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Then absolutely yes, if you haven't been bothered to move along in progression I certainly don't, and can only hope the developers, hold any regard to your opinion about any new difficulty.

The whole point of this side quest was flat out stated as a testing ground to tune the new EQ. Unless you're someone who is making an attempt to move forward in the game absolutely no one should care what you think.

Does it need to be tuned to stretch the top 0.01% rosters to the limit? Of course not, that's ridiculous. What we got this week was a sleepwalk for anyone that's been moving along with the game as it's been released.
    edited July 2020

Okay, back the Ego train up.
    Anyone can discuss anything on here. Including anyone who is doing Canadian, which I am.
    I haven't registered whether I think it's too hard, or not hard enough. We haven't even seen the whole thing yet.
    What I can say is it's a Side Quest that's for everyone Level 55 and up. It's not just for "Cavalier".
    Honestly, people are looking at this like a personal platform on what it should and shouldn't be, and there's more to it than battling opinions. They'll also be looking at the data.
    The Side Quest is for anyone, not bound to Titles.
    It's specifically been put into the game to tune the next EQ difficulty. That is it's ONLY purpose. So yes I as someone this difficulty is being tuned for, has an opinion on it while you, as someone who does not have a dog in this fight has absolutely no meaningful contribution to the discussion. I'm far from on of the people who discounts anything you say as that's absurd, but for this current topic, you have absolutely nothing meaningful to add
    No, it's not its only purpose. Your response is also extremely childish, considering you're trying to invalidate an opinion I never even gave. It's "Road to Cavalier". Not Cavalier. We had the same discussion with people arguing that they were Cavalier, and not Level 60, and Kabam themselves clarified that it's not bound to Titles. All I said was I believe Cav will look different. From that, you're getting all bent out of shape because I'm not saying, "Put some more stank on it.".
    It 100% is it's only purpose. It was stated as such. A new side quest difficulty was being introduced to gather data and feedback as to tune the new EQ difficulty. That's it's purpose. It's locked behind a level cap for whatever ridiculous reason that that's how side quests are metered. If you're not a part of the group it's being tuned for or even someone that barely meets that mark, you are absolutely not the person that needs to be addressing it.
    It was added to release another Side Quest Difficulty. Period. They're ALSO using it for data concerning Cavalier because they can be more fluid in those. You know those ambushes? Say hi to the data. You can continue to boost the bravado, but anyone doing it is contributing, and anyone can register feedback. Sorry 'bout it. But not.
    ESF said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

See, this is exactly what I was getting at earlier: We have to be careful in how we talk about players we have never seen play.

For example, I am not Elder’s Bane. People might look at that and say, “Ooooh, ESF can’t play.”

Don’t kid yourselves. I can play. This game ain’t that hard, and I ain’t bad.

I have all of the final two acts done — aka the hard ones — and just have no time or desire to beat the Collector 26 times UNTIL I decide I want that generic 5-star Awakening Gem for a specific character.

For example, right now I have one Mutant AG. It’s waiting for Omega Red.

But if Magneto’s buff is awesome, my 5-star Mags is unawakened. So I would put the gem into Mags and then the second I got Omega Red, I would clear the rest of 5.2.

I am not saying that people should necessarily talk about content they haven’t cleared.

I am just saying that I know some people play this game on a tight schedule, don’t have the time or desire to tap out 2 million hit points on multiple characters, but that doesn’t mean they can’t

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything honestly. If someone has the ability to beat difficult content but chooses not to then they do it later.

That doesn't mean they automatically have a dog in the fight when it comes to the next level though. If you're not there yet whether by choice, ability, or roster you're still not there.