**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Mtl55Mtl55 Posts: 63

I see the same two arguments.

Waaaah we want our old rewards despite being low level : No you dont deserve it.
    No but we are "skilled"! : Nah, not really.

Increasing prestige based matchups have an exponential increase in difficulty for the same rewards. Facing a 4/55 sig20 vs an r5 sig200 is exponentially harder, if you have r4 vs r5 on attack (node increases the difficulty, maybe take some math classes?)

Stop complaining, if you are "skilled" enough, beat the defenses in front of you.

Belive me i have never stated about rewards and will never do it in future, because its not about rewards,its about that joy of playing that happiness you get when you play with your fav champs and that makes your day, but now this matchmaking is only giving that sadness and ripping of joy of playing, now when we see matchup we can only feel sad and that is most important thing.
    Its taking fun away and giving sadness opposite of what it meants to be.

Mtl55 said:

We want fair matchups thats all we are asking.
    Please dont give opponents with 10 times higher rating in war matchups this is not fair.
    And those who are saying that this is better and will show you your right place than let me ask this that earlier one used to get opponent of same prestige and strength and then skill would come in game and become a reality test not the broken system of now. Face same strength and than go ahead thats the real skill test not the otherway around that squash tiny one and go ahead.
    Honestly those saying that it earlier lower skill alliance used to go up tell me which is real test of skill facing opponents of same strength and than progressing or just killing tiny ones.
    The game is not about showing tiny people their place or where they belong and if you really think that way then im sorry but probably you are taking away fun of playing and that joy of game from a lot of tiny players like us.
    Be fair do justice.

But you are still not addressing the fact a lower level alliance such as yours has gotten a bye for the past while to get better rewards than deserved you didn't have to fight the 30 million rated alliances stuck in G3/S1 that would have thrashed you. After this season your alliance will be where they actually should be and that is fair.
    No

Mtl55 said:

Waaaah we want our old rewards despite being low level : No you dont deserve it.

Increasing prestige based matchups have an exponential increase in difficulty for the same rewards. Facing a 4/55 sig20 vs an r5 sig200 is exponentially harder, if you have r4 vs r5 on attack (node increases the difficulty, maybe take some math classes?)

Stop complaining, if you are "skilled" enough, beat the defenses in front of you.

Well and if so called stronger alliance are skilled enough than tell me where is actual test of skill either in facing opponent of same strength and than progressing or to kill of the tiny ones.
    The so called smaller ones reached there because of their better skill against opponents of their equal strength and tell me that if so called stronger one didn't have the skill to reach there against opponents of equal strength then how come they merit it now.
    Because they built their rosters. If you call yourself skilled, why not beat the bigger alliances now? Is it too tough?

Mtl55 said:

Well and if so called stronger alliance are skilled enough than tell me where is actual test of skill either in facing opponent of same strength and than progressing or to kill of the tiny ones.
    The so called smaller ones reached there because of their better skill against opponents of their equal strength and tell me that if so called stronger one didn't have the skill to reach there against opponents of equal strength then how come they merit it now.
    Because they built their rosters. If you call yourself skilled, why not beat the bigger alliances now? Is it too tough?
    Building a roster and being skilled are two different things .there are lot of people who spend to build roster while lot of me who are skilled but don't spend money to build roster so if you want to say that money will talk than great those are your thoughts. But brother or sister don't get so intoxicated in power that you don't see the suffering of those below you. Smaller ones matter too.

Mtl55 said:

There is a limit to everything man even skill. So please don't make fun of others no matter how small they are they are still a part of it.
  • mrfootball1988mrfootball1988 Posts: 14
    Anyone or everyone know about where alliances will place when all said and done? I know there's allot that goes into that. Doesn't hurt to ask. Ive been in several alliances so know my roll and place so it sucks for most and has for allot of hard working peeps for awhile. It all comes out in the end! Finally maybe?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Anyone or everyone know about where alliances will place when all said and done? I know there's allot that goes into that. Doesn't hurt to ask. Ive been in several alliances so know my roll and place so it sucks for most and has for allot of hard working peeps for awhile. It all comes out in the end! Finally maybe?

I am very confused right now
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The previous system rewarded low prestige, by ignoring tiers and war ratings. This was not about appeasing the top, it was about appeasing everyone that wasn’t low prestige. Who have been underperforming due to the systemic imbalance. The imbalance that came from focusing too much on one factor and ignoring the others which in all sense are actually more important for determining “ability”
    Prestige is NOT the truest and best factor for determining ability, we are not rewarding prestige now, we are ignoring it. Those whose alliance grew up being over rewarded for the focus one that one factor: low prestige. Have become used to the rewards they received by avoiding fair competition on an even playing field. This season is a shambles but I don’t think any solution will appease those in the long run who have become used to rewards above their game progression level, and think they were performing well due to being shielded from fair competition by a systemically unfair system. If gw is correct with his claims that prestige was brought in due to his suggestions then he and kabam are to blame for leaving that system in place for so long, prestige is not a good factor for determining ability for progression. I also point out once again that the true new bronze and low silver alliances were also being shafted by having to fight over and over again the alliances 6 tiers above them and gold 2 reward bracket. And those of you arguing for the broken system are actually supporting a system that shafted them for the manipulators too.
    Systemic inequality causes problems, this season is purely an indicator of how broken it was and how badly it needed fixing
    Better late than never
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

Missing link... There are a lot of veteran alliances in that 30m 9-10k prestige bracket, all much of a muchness.
    Been around for years, don't spend or grind enough to be near the top but play a lot, completed most content in the game, have spent, spend, and grind a reasonable amount.
    These alliances know the game, are mostly well organised but only ever got matched against each other, hence why they ended up with a roughly 50% win rate. This is how they are pushed slowly down the tiers by lower prestige alliances they were never allowed to match.

Any Alliance, high or low, has to win more than they lose to move ahead. They didn't. It had nothing to do with being pushed down. You can't win only half and expect to go up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I just wanted to share this ... I run a laid back, 32M semi-retirement alliance and we hardly ever war because it’s frankly terrible and hardly anyone likes it ... but, when we do, it’s a single BG.

Anyway, this is who we were matched up with this week:

And this is my alliance:

Easy win for us, yes - but it isn’t cool and doesn’t feel good to win a war like this.

I haven’t read through every post, but I’m assuming this is some kind of unintentional byproduct of halving everyone’s war rating ... ?

Hoping it eventually balances out, because we should not have been matched with these guys.

PS - We have a spot open, if anyone is interested. DM me for details.

I suspect it is the unintended byproduct of the fact you guys don't really treat war all that seriously. If you don't, you probably don't win as often as you would if you were trying normally. As a result the game "measures" your strength as relatively low, and matches you against other similarly low alliances. You would probably get matched against similarly low tier alliances even before the rating halving.

Also: war is just plain different when you're fighting with less than three BG. The competition is just a lot more random, because obviously the vast majority of alliances taking war seriously would be running three BGs. I'm in a similar position where I sometimes run two and sometimes one BG. The level of competition is wildly diverse. Sometimes we're running up against casual but very strong alliances that aren't full. Sometimes we are running up against up and comers that are still building up their alliance membership. Sometimes we match against people who give even less Fs than we do and look like they are trying to make a statement by placing their defenders in Bizarro arrangements.

War rating is probably going to stabilize relatively quickly among the 3xBG alliances. But in the one or two group alliances, things will probably always be wonky, because they seem to have always been kind of wonky.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Thecurler said:

Missing link... There are a lot of veteran alliances in that 30m 9-10k prestige bracket, all much of a muchness.
    Been around for years, don't spend or grind enough to be near the top but play a lot, completed most content in the game, have spent, spend, and grind a reasonable amount.
    These alliances know the game, are mostly well organised but only ever got matched against each other, hence why they ended up with a roughly 50% win rate. This is how they are pushed slowly down the tiers by lower prestige alliances they were never allowed to match.

Any Alliance, high or low, has to win more than they lose to move ahead. They didn't. It had nothing to do with being pushed down. You can't win only half and expect to go up.
    Which is why the matchmaking system was broken, 7/12 wins a season should let you Slowly climb, it didn’t , I wasn’t counting exactly but when I posted those screenshots of my war record we had won 9/10 and still finished in silver 1, because our multiplier was so low when we started we couldn’t climb. Guess what happened, the annoyed people who had sweated to try and just get to gold 3 quit the alliance. because the other alliances in your tier were getting easier matchups and winning 97% by being shielded from similar ability matchups by their low prestige.
    Again these broken war ratings are a result of systemically focusing on a dynamic that doesn’t equate to ability.
    Technically as I said at the start a numbers system to keep matchups within a big range like 25% of prestige would probably work but during this season it actually would have prolonged the levelling effect
    Didn't you say you took a bunch of hits and fell down? It takes time to get out of it. You have to keep rising and stick with a higher Multiplier. 7/12 Wins isn't going to get an Alliance ahead very easily. Not much at all, actually.
    The Rewards had to be restructured. I don't argue otherwise. Saying people went down because others were going up isn't wholly accurate. Not when the Win/Loss ratio is so close to breaking even. You need at least 75% wins to make significant progress through the Tiers.
    One thing I'm damn sure of is taking advantage of the momentum of coming up against Alliances with 3-4x less strength isn't any kind of accomplishment or solution.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

Speeds80 said:

Thecurler said:

Which is why the matchmaking system was broken, 7/12 wins a season should let you Slowly climb, it didn’t , I wasn’t counting exactly but when I posted those screenshots of my war record we had won 9/10 and still finished in silver 1, because our multiplier was so low when we started we couldn’t climb. Guess what happened, the annoyed people who had sweated to try and just get to gold 3 quit the alliance. because the other alliances in your tier were getting easier matchups and winning 97% by being shielded from similar ability matchups by their low prestige.
    Again these broken war ratings are a result of systemically focusing on a dynamic that doesn’t equate to ability.
    Technically as I said at the start a numbers system to keep matchups within a big range like 25% of prestige would probably work but during this season it actually would have prolonged the levelling effect
    Didn't you say you took a bunch of hits and fell down? It takes time to get out of it. You have to keep rising and stick with a higher Multiplier. 7/12 Wins isn't going to get an Alliance ahead very easily. Not much at all, actually.
    The Rewards had to be restructured. I don't argue otherwise. Saying people went down because others were going up isn't wholly accurate. Not when the Win/Loss ratio is so close to breaking even. You need at least 75% wins to make significant progress through the Tiers.
    One thing I'm damn sure of is taking advantage of the momentum of coming up against Alliances with 3-4x less strength isn't any kind of accomplishment or solution.
    It’s an accomplishment because they have the stronger team and won a match ranked close to them. A win is a win.
This discussion has been closed.