**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I don't know about you but when a Middle Schooler wants to beat up a First Grader and brags about it, I call it a bully.

Of course you can brag. It's a game and it's AW. Beating someone in your bracket is not bullying. It's actually the exact opposite.
    Oh, just stop acting like it makes it fair just because they're in the same Bracket. We all know it's not. All this change did was give people license to unfair fights. It's really beneath people at this point. What kind of triumph is that? So you beat someone that doesn't have a chance. Bravo. Let's all revel at the skill.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

I don't know about you but when a Middle Schooler wants to beat up a First Grader and brags about it, I call it a bully.

Don’t be dense. That’s irrelevant. You are saying a first grader passing a first grade test is smarter than an 11th grader passing an 11 grade test.

This isn't 100% accurate. He's saying a first grader passing a first grade test is smarter than an eleventh grader NOT passing the eleventh grade test.

At face value, the 1st grader passed and the 11th grader did not. But what that fails to look at is the fact that the 11th grader failed in trigonometry while the 1st grader passed addition, and maybe subtraction.
    I'm not saying that at all. I said the Rewards should have been realigned. What I said was a First Grader passing their tests is not responsible for an 11th Grader failing.
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Don’t be dense. That’s irrelevant. You are saying a first grader passing a first grade test is smarter than an 11th grader passing an 11 grade test.

This isn't 100% accurate. He's saying a first grader passing a first grade test is smarter than an eleventh grader NOT passing the eleventh grade test.

At face value, the 1st grader passed and the 11th grader did not. But what that fails to look at is the fact that the 11th grader failed in trigonometry while the 1st grader passed addition (and maybe subtraction).
    Lol my fault. I meant to put in there that the 1st grader got an A and the 11th grader got a B. But there are also small teams in plat 4 while mine is 30k and was in gold 1. And we won every war last season. So I guess it kinda applies in both ways of how I said it.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Heaven forbid these lower alliance will now have to clear actual content to progress instead of getting lucky with old matchmaking. Just accept that you were playing leagues higher than you were actually capable of and go clear some content like everyone else lol.

It’s funny most of these players are stuck at act4, and probably have dropped any effort to get past there, since they were taking easier, better rewards from AW. It was a common secret to anyone that AW was, since last season, the best way to grow a new account. Easy 5* shards. It took so long for Kabam to realize though, that they were nearly gifting 5* heroes to new players 😱
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

At face value, the 1st grader passed and the 11th grader did not. But what that fails to look at is the fact that the 11th grader failed in trigonometry while the 1st grader passed addition, and maybe subtraction.
    I'm not saying that at all. I said the Rewards should have been realigned. What I said was a First Grader passing their tests is not responsible for an 11th Grader failing.

But you also said the 1st grader deserves to be ranked higher in intelligence because he beat the test at his level while the 11th grader could not beat the test at his level. As if the two are comparable somehow.
    They're not. They shouldn't be. That's the whole point. This abrupt change all came from some bitter comparison that wasn't even based on reality. People were winning their own Wars. This whole business about their Wars not being as difficult because they didn't fight the bigger Allies is just ridiculous. It still doesn't take into account what the difficulty was for them with what they were using, just how much weaker their Champs are compared to the bigger guys. I said they earned what they earned fairly. They fought their own Wars and went up the same Tiers with what they were using, with Matches just as strong as what higher guys were fighting with higher Champs to fight them with. They were more on par than people are willing to admit because the whole thing is about bruised egos. Now here we are with people justifying taking them out with Teams they'll never compete with just to make them happy. It just gets sicker and sicker.
  • Options
    Years ago, I thought having Seasons would add a new and fun layer to Wars. I liked the idea of having a seasonal competition where people could work towards exclusive Rewards over time. Had I known the mess that greed would have led people to make, I would have broken my fingers before I typed. This is why I'm deeply disappointed. Every step of the way people have fought fairness. The more it continues, the more toxic the game mode becomes.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Years ago, I thought having Seasons would add a new and fun layer to Wars. I liked the idea of having a seasonal competition where people could work towards exclusive Rewards over time. Had I known the mess that greed would have led people to make, I would have broken my fingers before I typed. This is why I'm deeply disappointed. Every step of the way people have fought fairness. The more it continues, the more toxic the game mode becomes.

Seasons are a fun layer to war, the problem is lower level alliances have in a sense exploited the system to get G1/P4 rewards by fighting low level alliances, while the big alliances are stuck in S1/G3. At the end of this season all alliances should be around the level where they are supposed to be. This is the way to make it fair for everyone. So they can belong in the level where they are supposed to be.
  • Options

Seasons are a fun layer to war, the problem is lower level alliances have in a sense exploited the system to get G1/P4 rewards by fighting low level alliances, while the big alliances are stuck in S1/G3. At the end of this season all alliances should be around the level where they are supposed to be. This is the way to make it fair for everyone.
    They haven't exploited anything. They Matched their Wars and played them. They don't owe anyone any kind of unfair loss as retribution.
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

Seasons are a fun layer to war, the problem is lower level alliances have in a sense exploited the system to get G1/P4 rewards by fighting low level alliances, while the big alliances are stuck in S1/G3. At the end of this season all alliances should be around the level where they are supposed to be. This is the way to make it fair for everyone.
    They haven't exploited anything. They Matched their Wars and played them. They don't owe anyone any kind of unfair loss as retribution.
    And got launched to the wrong tier. And they don’t owe anybody which is why nobody is taking anything from them. They didn’t get their rankings taken from them. They just have to compete with others in that specific tier now instead of whatever team in any tier matches with them. These are incentives for people to try to move up and get better. Beat the team that is ahead of you. Then beat the one ahead of them. This is really easy stuff.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Now they are going to their proper tier, where they can get rewards that is suitable to their tier rather than getting higher level rewards which they don't deserve due to not fighting 30+ mil alliances that are stuck in S1/G3, now everyone gets to move making in fair for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.