**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which of these was harder at the level you were when you did them?

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Which of these story acts was harder to explore and cost more items and headaches at the level you were when you initially did them? Also, which might you feel has better rewards for the difficulty and progression level at point of exploration?

Which of these was harder at the level you were when you did them? 98 votes

Act 6 exploration
60%
Vdh2008Timone147Erza_ScarletRaganatorCrkwestPrimmer79Noodes_Feeney234Lvernon15SiddhantKwatraAnonymous346GmonkeyDonnymeijThaComeUpPanchulon21CupidMcord117AssumedNameCharlie_SceneKnightZero 59 votes
Act 5 exploration
19%
TendersquadLegendboy2411MysterioLordRaymond3X_Factor_AgentDart1981SlayerKingEsket1t_420Legionnairedeepblack12GinjabredMonstaBen_15455Aayush19ŘïdđhįmLOThunderMrGreekAgent_22Red_GuardianYeetusTheFoetus 19 votes
Act 4 exploration (just for chuckles!)
20%
captaincushRahultripathiBsuGuyOpandemonioRakeYoungZombieZeddRabangaRamadaQacobMidnite93ArsozMrspider568King_Leo321MasterpuffJohnyBoyLucifer1810Aziz5253_hbtygbty423_MathgeekMuffinBrain 20 votes

Comments

• MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

only act I've explored is act 1

Same
  • DashamtvamasiayDashamtvamasiay Posts: 81

Currently, act 3 lol. Too bored to do 4. Doing 5 right now and it's not difficult, just extremely mind numbing-ly boring (I'm looking at you, 5.3)

Actually , I had the same opinion about 5.3, but after I took a long huge break from story quests , I found 5.3 and everything after that( I have done only upto 6.1 , not ahead) extremely interesting for some reason lmao.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Only explored ch1 at the moment tried going for ch2 exploration but failed tho
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I've been holding off finishing act 5 until I 100% act 4 for those mastery points, and it's so hard to resist jumping in and finishing act 5. I imagine ill tear through the rest of act 5 as I am kind of the equivalent of someone who has done all the side quests before going against the boss
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Just because of how incredibly boring it is
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Currently, act 3 lol. Too bored to do 4. Doing 5 right now and it's not difficult, just extremely mind numbing-ly boring (I'm looking at you, 5.3)

Actually , I had the same opinion about 5.3, but after I took a long huge break from story quests , I found 5.3 and everything after that( I have done only upto 6.1 , not ahead) extremely interesting for some reason lmao.
    Quest 1 has been alright because I have 3 Mystic 5/50s and they're all fun to play (yet to do that Mystic mystery path tho- I know it'll be god awful)

Besides that, the mutant quest will be fun because I can just domino trinity it into oblivion
    But yeah, still pretty boring ngl.. Hope my opinion changes
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I used a rank 3 4* domino to solo act 3 exploration itemless. For act 4, can't really remember what I did lol. Think I used ghost+quake combo for that one, a lot of nicheness going on there NGL. Act 5 was annoying asf, blasted 100s of units on energy refills for 5.3 alone!
  • Agent_22Agent_22 Posts: 107 ★★
    Act 5 exploration
    Haven’t done Act 6 exploration yet.
    ‘Nuff said.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I haven't explored Act 6. Hell, I haven't completed it yet because haven't decided how I want to attack the 6.2 Sinister. I have a pretty good roster but not the answer to that outside tried and true Unit Man sig 200
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Act 6 exploration
    I didn’t find Act 4 or 5 especially hard to explore. For the most part Act 5 is fairly simple, certainly by today’s standards. Act 6 however...I’ve only got 6.1 and 6.4 explored and those are two easier of them and there was a lot that was either very hard or very BS
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Act 6 exploration
    Act 6 far and away. With act 5 once I had a decent ranked roster, there was no real effort or unit spend in exploring. Ultron was the hardest, but once you figure him out he’s fine too. Act 6 was rough to explore after 6.1
    Well, nowadays you can use rank 5 5*s to stroll through act 5! But there was a time when rank 4 5*s were almost unheard of, the time act 5 was endgame, and a lot of you should remember the champs that were available then, at the point 5.4 dropped. So, which was harder, exploring act 5 then at the point it was fully released, or act 6 now (prenerf)?

Well, nowadays you can use rank 5 5*s to stroll through act 5! But there was a time when rank 4 5*s were almost unheard of, the time act 5 was endgame, and a lot of you should remember the champs that were available then, at the point 5.4 dropped. So, which was harder, exploring act 5 then at the point it was fully released, or act 6 now (prenerf)?

Or y'know, you could just ignore I said this and carry on with the conversation
    *shrugs*
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    ive only done 1 2 and 3 exploredand aint even uncollected :neutral:
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Act 5 exploration
    Well I haven't beaten act 6 yet. so yeah, act 5 exploration has been the toughest so far.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Act 5 exploration
    Etm34 said:

Act 6 far and away. With act 5 once I had a decent ranked roster, there was no real effort or unit spend in exploring. Ultron was the hardest, but once you figure him out he’s fine too. Act 6 was rough to explore after 6.1

Lol, ultron was the easiest map for me. Beat it 7/8 in one shots, except for one time when i activated the power gain early I the fight, and had to using combine efforts to drop him
    5.2.4 (caltrops path with a global machochism) was the hardest for me. There is an electro on that path already, and I still got ambushed by another electro on my way down that path. I was using all but 1 5 star (morning star) so the static shock damage I took from those two fights, were pure and unadulterated BS (I know pure is similar to unadulterated. But I just can't emphasize enough how I hated those fights.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Act 6 exploration

Or y'know, you could just ignore I said this and carry on with the conversation
    *shrugs*
    I think that DNA3000 did a fantastic piece on this a few months back but the essential bit is that the difficulty is increasing exponentially so each act is harder than its predecessor on release by default.

This can be seen simply by comparing relative power levels of available champions vs defenders, let alone the crazy niche nodes so many encounters come with. To be able to roll up Act 6 in the way newer plAyers rolled up Act 5 they would require 8* champions to be able to ‘brute force’ it.

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Act 6 exploration
    Act 5 was pretty hard for me at that time as well especially Ultron boss.