**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The new war matchmaking system is really worst than ever

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    With the war rating determining the matches wouldn't the rewards even out without separate brackets based on prestige? If you finish at the top of say silver 1 then that would be your top rewards. If a 70 mil alliance puts no effort in and finishes in silver that seems fair for their rewards. If a 10 mil alliance has the skills to hit gold that would be their top rewards. Seems like they already worked out the brackets without using prestige to make the rich get richer.
  • Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    Guys if there will be 2 leaderboards the small one will have prizes as is current in smaller bracket si it will be absolutely same. What is difference between end in one on gold1 rewards or win the small one for gold1 rewards ? Point is only very dedicated smaller alliances shoul win high prizes. It must be deserved and not that by being best in small you wins p2-p1 rewards. Its exactly same BS as if player at begining will be playing act3 content for act6 rewards with argument that for him its same difficulty as for me act6
  • Prime_Saviour02Prime_Saviour02 Posts: 71

Yeah see a 21 mil alliance in plat 3 is incredibly questionable.

How is it? This is with the new match making system? We will drop to plat 4 and stay there (where we was placed last season).

We've face 2 30 mill alliance (won those two) and have had 40+ mill for our losses. Only thing which is keeping our alliance faith is that we can get plat 4. However there are many who won't be so lucky.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

How is it? This is with the new match making system? We will drop to plat 4 and stay there (where we was placed last season).
    We've face 2 30 mill alliance (won those two) and have had 40+ mill for our losses. Only thing which is keeping our alliance faith is that we can get plat 4. However there are many who won't be so lucky.

It’s not a matter of lack, it’s a matter of strength. Those who you refer that won’t be so lucky to stay at platinum 4, probably they didn’t deserved it from first place. Another stronger ally will take that spot (that was her natural) back.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    A new Rewards structure would have prevented this.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Yeah see a 21 mil alliance in plat 3 is incredibly questionable.

Ok I take it back, if you’re consistently beating plat 4 competition then you absolutely deserve plat 4. What I should say is the overwhelming majority of 20mil alliance shouldn’t have a chance at platinum.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

And you’ve ignored every argument against it.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★

Smaller alliances have had an easy ride for about 5 seasons now. This is fixing a broken system, and the price of that is a tough season for alliances who were over achieving.

Why 5 seasons?? Wasn't the last system present from the start of season1??
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

And that would’ve punished alliances like the one Prime_Saviour is in that can genuinely compete with and win against alliances with stronger rosters and higher prestige.
    A better way to start this season, sure, but a new reward structure, no.
    edited July 2020

And that would’ve punished alliances like the one Prime_Saviour is in that can genuinely compete with and win against alliances with stronger rosters and higher prestige.
    I said a new Rewards structure. I didn't say it had to be the one I designed. People keep shifting their argument. It's the Rewards, but if someone suggests the Rewards being changed then no, that's not fair either, then....
    This is Defender Kills all over again. All people have to do to win is lay a Defense against a much weaker Ally. Only, they were removed for a reason. They didn't want people to be discouraged from trying. That's exactly what's coming out of these overpowered Matches. People are being discouraged from even trying or playing. What's more is they come here to bring it up, and they're being told they can't hang, and they should fall because they don't deserve their Rewards. It's a mess.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I said a new Rewards structure. I didn't say it had to be the one I designed. People keep shifting their argument. It's the Rewards, but if someone suggests the Rewards being changed then no, that's not fair either, then....
    This is Defender Kills all over again. All people have to do to win is lay a Defense against a much weaker Ally. Only, they were removed for a reason. They didn't want people to be discouraged from trying. That's exactly what's coming out of these overpowered Matches. People are being discouraged from even trying or playing. What's more is they come here to bring it up, and they're being told they can't hang, and they should fall because they don't deserve their Rewards. It's a mess.
    In the short term people will be discouraged because the previous system allowed it to become out of whack, the longer this system goes the more fairly matched people will get.
    Lormif said:

In the short term people will be discouraged because the previous system allowed it to become out of whack, the longer this system goes the more fairly matched people will get.
    People keep saying that, but the effects are here right now. Not later on. That's what we're talking about. They're facing the effects right now.

Lormif said:

People keep saying that, but the effects are here right now. Not later on. That's what we're talking about. They're facing the effects right now.
    from the topic it seems we are talking about the "system", not the pain to transition to it. Stop thinking about the short term and realize that this better for the long term.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

So you’d rather discourage the teams that put more money and time into the game to develop their rosters by ranking them under those who didn’t as much yet.
    edited July 2020

We have a rewards structure. It’s stone, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and masters. You fall into whichever bracket you are good enough to make it to.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

from the topic it seems we are talking about the "system", not the pain to transition to it. Stop thinking about the short term and realize that this better for the long term.
    Let's try that at a store. We know the price is unfair right now and you're getting ripped off, but you'll be so much happier when you see how cheap they are in the future.

So you’d rather discourage the teams that put more money and time into the game to develop their rosters by ranking them under those who didn’t as much yet.
    What part of a new Rewards structure implies that?

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Let's try that at a store. We know the price is unfair right now and you're getting ripped off, but you'll be so much happier when you see how cheap they are in the future.
    terrible analogy, there is no cost to war. In addition the only pain you should see if the feeling of anger at losses, you will probably be close to your true ranking by the end of the war.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

terrible analogy, there is no cost to war. In addition the only pain you should see if the feeling of anger at losses, you will probably be close to your true ranking by the end of the war.
    There is a cost. Aside from the literal cost people will be spending in the Matches, there is a cost of their experience in the Season, their game experience, and a cost of Players if they decide to give up.

What part of a new Rewards structure implies that?
    The fact that you say that we need one now. But we already have a rewards structure that once the dust settles, will be for each ranking tier. Nobody ever said anything about it before until smaller alliances started losing to stronger alliances that they were ranked higher than.
    edited July 2020

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

This is a strawman argument. But if we were to compare, then the store has been charging wealthier customers more than poor customers for 10 seasons. Now they corrected it, and the poor are crying for bigger discounts now.

Gmonkey said:

@Gmail12345 what was your war finishing point last season, what was theirs. My alliance is up from tier 8 to tier 4. We are now matching where we should be give it one or two wars you will be there

See this is where it shows how previous systems were broke.
    Looking at the history I can still see in aw before the change every war we had was against an alliance with a very similar prestige and pi and they all finished g1/g2
    We won about half I would say maybe a little less and we finished g2.
    The alliance we just fought finished plat 4.
    So how did they deserve that finish when we just demolished them like that?

All these alliance crying and complaining won’t give back the inflated rewards they were getting but now want more for losing.

Aw is purely now based on war rating and that how it should be.
    The argument isn't for Rewards. It's for Matches that aren't already decided before they're fought because they're vastly overpowered.
This discussion has been closed.