**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The new war matchmaking system is really worst than ever

Comments

• Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

Gmonkey said:

@Gmail12345 what was your war finishing point last season, what was theirs. My alliance is up from tier 8 to tier 4. We are now matching where we should be give it one or two wars you will be there

See this is where it shows how previous systems were broke.
    Looking at the history I can still see in aw before the change every war we had was against an alliance with a very similar prestige and pi and they all finished g1/g2
    We won about half I would say maybe a little less and we finished g2.
    The alliance we just fought finished plat 4.
    So how did they deserve that finish when we just demolished them like that?

All these alliance crying and complaining won’t give back the inflated rewards they were getting but now want more for losing.

Aw is purely now based on war rating and that how it should be.
    The argument isn't for Rewards. It's for Matches that aren't already decided before they're fought because they're vastly overpowered.
    Which they will have when they are at a tier with those matched at their levels.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

@Gmail12345 what was your war finishing point last season, what was theirs. My alliance is up from tier 8 to tier 4. We are now matching where we should be give it one or two wars you will be there

Looking at the history I can still see in aw before the change every war we had was against an alliance with a very similar prestige and pi and they all finished g1/g2

All these alliance crying and complaining won’t give back the inflated rewards they were getting but now want more for losing.

The argument isn't for Rewards. It's for Matches that aren't already decided before they're fought because they're vastly overpowered.
    That is because your war rating was artificially high and theirs artificially low. You could fight in different bg groups or skip this one knowing the transition, or you could just give up on these fights until you get to more evenly matched wars.
  • Options
    JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    edited July 2020
    It’s fixed end of story. My 42m alliance sat in p4 for too long. Because we kept getting matched against 50m alliances. While there were dudes with 20-30m in p2-p3 explain to me how it’s fair that we’re not ranked higher even if we’re better than those 20-30m alliances. We would never get matched against those guys because our prestige was too high so we couldn’t find out who deserves to be there more.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

A new Rewards structure would have prevented this.

And that would’ve punished alliances like the one Prime_Saviour is in that can genuinely compete with and win against alliances with stronger rosters and higher prestige.
    A better way to start this season, sure, but a new reward structure, no.
    I said a new Rewards structure. I didn't say it had to be the one I designed. People keep shifting their argument. It's the Rewards, but if someone suggests the Rewards being changed then no, that's not fair either, then....
    This is Defender Kills all over again. All people have to do to win is lay a Defense against a much weaker Ally. Only, they were removed for a reason. They didn't want people to be discouraged from trying. That's exactly what's coming out of these overpowered Matches. People are being discouraged from even trying or playing. What's more is they come here to bring it up, and they're being told they can't hang, and they should fall because they don't deserve their Rewards. It's a mess.
    In the short term people will be discouraged because the previous system allowed it to become out of whack, the longer this system goes the more fairly matched people will get.
    People keep saying that, but the effects are here right now. Not later on. That's what we're talking about. They're facing the effects right now.
    from the topic it seems we are talking about the "system", not the pain to transition to it. Stop thinking about the short term and realize that this better for the long term.
    Let's try that at a store. We know the price is unfair right now and you're getting ripped off, but you'll be so much happier when you see how cheap they are in the future.
    terrible analogy, there is no cost to war. In addition the only pain you should see if the feeling of anger at losses, you will probably be close to your true ranking by the end of the war.
    There is a cost. Aside from the literal cost people will be spending in the Matches, there is a cost of their experience in the Season, their game experience, and a cost of Players if they decide to give up.
    You seem to want to ignore what appears to be the majority. The old matchmaking did not distribute rewards fairly.

What about everyones game experience who wanted this change, does their experience mean nothing. If everyone gives this some time to see which system works better/fair then start the compliant threads
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

That is because your war rating was artificially high and theirs artificially low. You could fight in different bg groups or skip this one knowing the transition, or you could just give up on these fights until you get to more evenly matched wars.
    Mine wasn't really. I'm not speaking for myself. I wasn't affected.
    I find it funny how people are willing to tell others they can just give up when they're not willing to give up their own Season. They might as well just come out and say, "We matter and you don't.".
    This "transition phase" is what people are being affected by, and it's affecting their Season and their motivation to even play. That's the bottom line. Whether the system affected others before or not, that effect is here now. That can't just be ignored or brushed off.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

And that was how the last system was unfair matching similar prestige etc.
    The smaller alliances had higher ratings because they got easier matches now they have to fight people at the same war rating and they don’t like it, still they were happy to receive there inflated rewards for season after season.
    Would they offer to give back all there rewards from previous seasons?
    One problem doesn't justify solving another.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

I find it funny how people are willing to tell others they can just give up when they're not willing to give up their own Season. They might as well just come out and say, "We matter and you don't.".
    This "transition phase" is what people are being affected by, and it's affecting their Season and their motivation to even play. That's the bottom line. Whether the system affected others before or not, that effect is here now. That can't just be ignored or brushed off.
    So when a 30m alliance got placed against a 50m alliance in the previous season because it went off prestige regardless of skill, then what? who mattered then? What is happening now to the lower end alliances happened to the higher end alliances for the past several wars, did they not matter? What about the motivation and the season that was affected for them? I did not state to give up, I said you COULD give up, and then gave 2 other options. You complain about people taking your posts out of context then do it to other people.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

The smaller alliances had higher ratings because they got easier matches now they have to fight people at the same war rating and they don’t like it, still they were happy to receive there inflated rewards for season after season.
    So even though for previous seasons they got inflated rewards that doesn’t matter. The only thing now that matters is there having to fight at a level they can’t handle.
    Yeah that’s what he means.

We could just wait for 1-2 more weeks and these current matches will not matter anymore, since “what’s past is past”.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

If you’re not speaking for yourself then keep quiet and let others speak for themselves. They have fingers to type.

I find it funny how people are willing to tell others they are wrong when things doesn’t even concern them.

And once again, no suggestions. Just blank talk. In my culture we call this “the explosion behind the horse”.
    I've given suggestions. They were ignored because people want to take these smaller Allies down.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

So even though for previous seasons they got inflated rewards that doesn’t matter. The only thing now that matters is there having to fight at a level they can’t handle.
    It doesn't matter because they earned them the way the system was then. You can't argue they should give them back based on how the system is now. That's not what they fought in. They don't owe anyone anything. They didn't come in the dead of night and snatch someone's loot. They Matched and fought their Wars.
  • Options

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

If you’re not speaking for yourself then keep quiet and let others speak for themselves. They have fingers to type.

I find it funny how people are willing to tell others they are wrong when things doesn’t even concern them.

And once again, no suggestions. Just blank talk. In my culture we call this “the explosion behind the horse”.
    I've given suggestions. They were ignored because people want to take these smaller Allies down.
    They were ignored because the "suggestions" ignored information as to why they were not implemented in the first place, and were terrible to start with. No one I have seen seems to just want to take smaller alliances down. That is a strawman argument.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

They were ignored because the "suggestions" ignored information as to why they were not implemented in the first place, and were terrible to start with. No one I have seen seems to just want to take smaller alliances down. That is a strawman argument.
    No. I pointed out what could have been done to resolve the issue of Rewards, I suggested what could have been done to make this transition less harmful to people, I even gave an example of how the system could be reset. They were ignored because people refuse to see any solution outside of what we have now.
  • Options

Lormif said:

xNig said:

Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

No. I pointed out what could have been done to resolve the issue of Rewards, I suggested what could have been done to make this transition less harmful to people, I even gave an example of how the system could be reset. They were ignored because people refuse to see any solution outside of what we have now.
    I gave you the reason they were ignored, I never claimed you didnt give any. In addition it is too late to change to another fix system, the season is already underway, and they have an adjustment coming at the end.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I like how the OP doesn’t see something wrong with their alliance being 12-0. Ina fair system, only the top alliance (kenob) should EVER go 12-0, because as you keep winning your matches should get tougher, where before they weren’t.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    All I know is I’m no longer looking at becoming that one really powerful guy in the lower prestige alliances that places a relatively powerful defence that will roadblock the opponents whilst I then use my powerful attack team to steamroll the opponents bosses, earning me better, platinum rewards for less effort than was required to maintain gold 2 in my current alliance.
    That to me says the system is fixed.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

It doesn't matter because they earned them the way the system was then. You can't argue they should give them back based on how the system is now. That's not what they fought in. They don't owe anyone anything. They didn't come in the dead of night and snatch someone's loot. They Matched and fought their Wars.
    And now the system has changed to a fairer system. So that’s that.
    Fair for the people benefitting from these overpowered Matches. Not for the weaker ones that have no choice but to lose. Fair doesn't apply to one side and not the other. That's a contradiction by definition.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

Fair for the people benefitting from these overpowered Matches. Not for the weaker ones that have no choice but to lose. Fair doesn't apply to one side and not the other. That's a contradiction by definition.
    The system is still fair for those losing, they will get to their proper ratings and get the rewards their skill level rewards them. The other system was not fair, this one is. Just because you are losing does not change if the system is fair or not, only if you are losing because you are losing to better teams because your rating matched you with them.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    If the war ratings are close then I feel it’s working fine but when war rating has a 400 difference like we ran into then it’s definitely not working because that gap is way too big.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

And back to how was it fair last season with smaller alliances ending up in tiers so much higher than alliances that are far better than them?
    You can’t have your cake and eat it.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

And back to how was it fair last season with smaller alliances ending up in tiers so much higher than alliances that are far better than them?
    There is no wrong here. the reason the old system was unfair is that it unjustly kept rewards from the better alliances and rewarded inferior alliances. This system does not do this. The issue here is not the fairness of this system this season, but that people are losing and they dont like to lose. The people with artificially high scores will drop and should get the rewards they actually deserve or better if it does not balance itself fast enough. The people screwed from the previous system should climb the ratings, and while they may not reach the tier the deserve their rewards should be better than they would have been under the old system.

So tell me, what is unfair about the season? You not liking to lose?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Ironically I imagine more alliances fell apart from them using all their unfairly (but legitimate as that’s how the old system unfairly worked) earned rank up rewards to bump their prestige and then go from a platinum to a gold 3 alliance than will fall apart from alliances losing 5-6 in one season.
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

So your saying the old system was ok? Wrong? Or it doesn’t matter as it’s over and no longer counts?
    Did I say that? No. I said screwing one group of people over doesn't make it okay to screw another group of people over.
    Lormif said:

Gmonkey said:

There is no wrong here. the reason the old system was unfair is that it unjustly kept rewards from the better alliances and rewarded inferior alliances. This system does not do this. The issue here is not the fairness of this system this season, but that people are losing and they dont like to lose. The people with artificially high scores will drop and should get the rewards they actually deserve or better if it does not balance itself fast enough. The people screwed from the previous system should climb the ratings, and while they may not reach the tier the deserve their rewards should be better than they would have been under the old system.

So tell me, what is unfair about the season? You not liking to lose?
    If I lose, I lose. I'm not bothered. We just lost. My guys are struggling with that Mixmaster Korg. They'll get better counters eventually. Once again, I'm not here to gain some kind of unfair advantage, and I'm not here for myself.
    The people facing these Matches ARE getting screwed, and people can keep saying it'll all be okay in the morning, but that doesn't make it any less true.
This discussion has been closed.