**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What about those who cant participate in showdown

Comments

• Johnny_BLAZE19Johnny_BLAZE19 Posts: 11
    ItsDamien said:

They are doing something else. There's an event along side the Showdown which people can get shards and gold from. Read the full information available first.

that info is too big and thanks for informing me
  • HumpeldumpHumpeldump Posts: 8

Competition laws differ all over the world, and unfortunately, there is not just one that makes things difficult. We've worked to include as many areas as possible, but that doesn't mean that we are able to include them all. Also, please keep in mind that this is the first time that we've done something like this, and there will be growing pains and lessons to carry forward.

Competition laws differ all over the world, and unfortunately, there is not just one that makes things difficult. We've worked to include as many areas as possible, but that doesn't mean that we are able to include them all. Also, please keep in mind that this is the first time that we've done something like this, and there will be growing pains and lessons to carry forward.

Why not make a contest that can include all summoners?

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    You guys are shocked that the very first time Kabam tries to do something like this they can't match the distribution chain that Funko Pop has cultivated over several years.

You have the Show-Up rewards.

Show up rewards... will they have the opportunity to get the title or top rewards?
    I’m not whining about this just stating that too many players worldwide will be excuded cause the ones who made the competition set a standard too high to manage.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    at least let MSD compete. The kid won NYCC last year. #ageisjustanumber

judging by the disagrees, everyone hates MSD or something
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

judging by the disagrees, everyone hates MSD or something
    You can't just say "oh so and so should be excluded from the rule because they're ___". It should be either or. Either all contestants who are underage can participate (which isn't going to happen), or none.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    edited July 2020
    Keep in mind, there are several other LARGE countries that are excluded besides India, so not just targeting certain areas.

India, Brazil, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa (and rest of African continent including Egypt), Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Greece.
    And also FYI, even 2 states in the USA (Hawaii and Alaska), in addition I assume to Puerto Rico, and one province of Canada.

Some of these may be dues to remoteness for timely distribution of the needed video equipment, some because of laws pertaining to things like Sweepstakes/Gambling/Contests, or because of Language Requirements in all materials, or even because of State-sanctioned Religious Laws. Or even maybe just the high cost to try and get such a Contest approved in some countries (like the one Lawyer suggested he'd be willing to help in his country).

While I guess it could be unfair to those who can’t partake in the Final Rounds, at least everyone will be able to participate in the early quests for this, even if not eligible to be a finalist.

And really isn’t much different that when Kabam hosts a Live Contest at COMIC CON in New York. Even if you had the money to spend to be able to come to New York Comic Con in person (pre-Pandemic), you might not have been allowed to travel to the USA for a wide range of reasons, whether personally denied a Visa or due to country-wide Travel Bans.

Or in cases where they pitted “selected” you-tubers or other similar Content Creators against each other, that wasn’t opened up to everybody.
    Or how about Marvel Insider being limited to certain countries (oops, not appropriate for this forum, lol).
    Not everything is gonna be open to everyone when you run a world-wide game.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Guys keep saying the same excuse for late shipment of equipment to Africa. Alright I'll accept that it might waste time, but there is Munash (he has an African MCOC YouTube channel) he already does live streams and is a very skilled in playing this game (he has videos recording him playing the game and killing it)
    My point here is, even if all other Africans are exempted from this competition for the reason of they won't have streaming tools on time, Munash doesn't fall into that category. So can he be exempted from this rule? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Just one African player, he already has streaming tools and skills.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Well, age is just a number in the same sense your bank balance is just a number.
  • LOThunder said:

Guys keep saying the same excuse for late shipment of equipment to Africa. Alright I'll accept that it might waste time, but there is Munash (he has an African MCOC YouTube channel) he already does live streams and is a very skilled in playing this game (he has videos recording him playing the game and killing it)
    My point here is, even if all other Africans are exempted from this competition for the reason of they won't have streaming tools on time, Munash doesn't fall into that category. So can he be exempted from this rule? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Most likely no. A person can be skilled but if they reside in an area that has been excluded, then odds are they won't be able to compete in the showdown. If they let one exemption they have to let them all to be fair, which can cause more issues since there is a reason the location is excluded
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    LOThunder said:

Sure he can. If you can get around the legal redtape that Kabam couldn't, he can participate.

Again, why can't you all understand why they exempted the countries they did? They aren't doing it to be mean or anything and I'm sure they'd love for more people to play in it but they couldn't make it happen. What's illegal for an entire continent, will still be illegal for 1 person on that continent.
    DNA3000 said:

Well, age is just a number in the same sense your bank balance is just a number.
    exactly. So technically I'm correct.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    DNA3000 said:

It's not just a number, it has some time interval associated with it. Like 10 years. Or months, I'd you want. Same for you bank account - it has some currency. 42 is just a number.
    I actually don't know, why they want to use some shipments. Let anybody just use skype or whatever.
    As for legal issues - isn't the game itself is a contest? We all compete in aw, aq, arenas... Well, not all, but some do. How those things are different? It's still a part of the game
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

The battlerealm is searching for summoners in some countrys to find the best player.. exluding this many countrys will just make the title look silly. «The world» is all countrys.

If you can make an account and purchase stuff its a shame to not be able to join a contest. Summoner showdown is a joke already imo.

Get Munash and other great players the opportunity to join

Yes I know Munash a good friend of mine amazing player he did have a good attitude about it saying "It is what it is," Unfortunate he is a very talented player.

DNA3000 said:

exactly. So technically I'm correct.
    You're wrong, because people should face same rules. Being selective in applying them isn't a good way to go imo
  • Sairam44Sairam44 Posts: 474
    There should be special quest even a small one only for countries where summoner showdown is unavailable this brings equality @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    edited July 2020
    Hi. I would like to participate but I am from the Philippines. I have relatives in the US that can receive those items on my behalf if you allow me to participate. Is it possible? if registration would be a problem, I can use vpn and pick the state of my relatives in the US when I play.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Um Show-Up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Hi. I would like to participate but I am from the Philippines. I have relatives in the US that can receive those items on my behalf if you allow me to participate. Is it possible? if registration would be a problem, I can use vpn and pick the state of my relatives in the US when I play.

The items in question are a recording set up so you can stream and/or record your playing sessions in the top rounds of the competition. That's not really going to work.
  • RahulsjRahulsj Posts: 18
    Why India is not there in summoner showdown list?