Options

Changes to Guardian

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    You could just add what corvus has, where her block proficiency cannot be changed by synergies like how corvus’s crit rate cannot be changed
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

This sounds very good 👍🏻
    Keep in mind that domino has +800 Block Pro from that mastery almost everywhere.

So not that you nerf Domino with that :)
  • Options
    Seems to me that she would have always needed to have the BlockProf. Mastery, in addition to being “Lucky”, in order to get that Perfect Block (unless other Synergies like Cage/IronFist would in past be able to make up for not having Mastery or being in Unlucky state ?).
    And then would come down to “how much” of that potential bonus BlockProf in her ability triggered each time as to whether it exceeded that certain level needed to be P.B.
    And that while “Unlucky” she would have never been able to reach that P.B.

So, wouldn’t it be simpler to just specify a FLAT PERCENTAGE chance at Perfect Block in just her LUCKY section (instead of adding up all the +/- to BlockProf and specifying a certain level it needs to be).

And in Unlucky, it just wouldn’t mention anything about P.B. because the BlockProf amount would never be sufficient in Unlucky anyways.

The extra BlockProf specified for her in general, and the +/- in Lucky/Unlucky could still be specified in order for calculating damage. But the PerfectBlock chance would just be a separate chance roll (and only if she is currently Lucky).
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike thanks for giving us a platform to voice our opinion on this change however I think its fine how it is to be honest I understand how this can make domino a lil OP but how is she more OP than Ghost or Quake with synergies I personally feel that she's ok and should be left alone unless you're going to be changing the synergies for those other champs in the game also the "god tiers" I've use the synergy with Domino and due to node restrictions you can't use her in most of act 6 even with the synergy I've only found it useful in arena and monthly quest, which Ghost and Corvus is more useful, Abyss even with that synergy is a waste of time so I personally feel there's not need to change it but that's just my personal opinion again thanks.
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Exactly the change I was hoping would happen. Thanks for taking this one back to the team.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Thanks for listening to us!
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

why don't you guys just make it so that synergy is applicable to all champs in Guardian Team, EXCEPT Domino.

Domino doesn't need more block proficiency. her base block prof is high enough, plus the +1500 block proficiency selected at random. + masteries block prof.

Just make the synergy "NOT APPLICABLE" to Domino and problem will be solved.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

why don't you guys just make it so that synergy is applicable to all champs in Guardian Team, EXCEPT Domino.

Domino doesn't need more block proficiency. her base block prof is high enough, plus the +1500 block proficiency selected at random. + masteries block prof.

Just make the synergy "NOT APPLICABLE" to Domino and problem will be solved.
    That's what they are doing, no Synergies will be able to affect this Ability.
  • Options
    JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 70
    You guys change anything you want but Domino’s mechanics.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Keniutek said:

Hands off of Domino please. If that's not a nerf, i don't know what is :angry::rage:

...it's not a nerf
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Keniutek said:

Hands off of Domino please. If that's not a nerf, i don't know what is :angry::rage:

yea this really sucks for Domino owners.. There's other synergy's in the game that gives BP, that she will no longer have access to.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★

That sounds like a great idea. Kinda like how Old Man Logan can't have his Ability Accuracy raised or lowered. It's just all on him.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 511 ★★★
    I think that is a better trade-off.

To everyone else upset about the change, you need to remember that there are currently 182 champions in this game, with probably over \ thousands different synergy combinations. Not everything is gonna be caught right away.
    I know someone mentioned there was a post about the possible game breaking synergy, but these guys arent here 24/7, I'm sure they dont have time to read every single post and probably got missed.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Keniutek said:

Keniutek said:

...it's not a nerf
    Keep telling yourself that.
    have you read the changes?
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
    Haven't read whole thread, but it sounds like we've moved away from the armor while blocking thing. Which is good considering new champs are being released left and right that place armor break on you for breathing.
  • Options
    fitenitefitenite Posts: 17
    So my question is if the synergy was changed to increase armor rating, would that armor rating be active only while blocking or at all times? Because if the synergy raises every champions armor rating throughout the whole fight and not only while blocking, than we would take less damage when we don't block and that would be a much better synergy than block proficiency. But if the armor rating synergy would only activate while blocking than i can't tell how the effect of that would differ and where, compared to block proficiency.

On the other hand, if Domino was changed to be more self-reliant and less synergy dependent that would make more sense to me on paper, but of course I haven't played Domino enough to know everything about her and have a proper feel on how things are working as of now.

While I haven't played Domino enough to give much input on her changes, I have had enough experience with the game itself to know how annoying it is that, within the limited amount of champs we can bring in to a quest (between 3-5), we have to choose to either bring in a champion to fight with or one that only adds a synergy and otherwise not useful for combat. I would love to see a separate/side column for champions we like to bring into a quest just to be used for their synergy and can't be put into combat. Call it the bench-warmer column. Champions intertwined by a cosmic string of synergy, they're there but not there...
  • Options
    ZlagoviahxZlagoviahx Posts: 12
    I roundly say no. If you did something without testing it out before doesn't mean that you have to nerf/rebalance Domino. Instead of changing her habilites, tweak the synergy.
  • Options
    Mixalis said:

@Kabam Miike I don't have Guardian, but I do have a 6* rank two Domino. The change should be made if only you have the synergy with Guardian and if you don't, I believe Domino should stay the way she is.

Without the Synergy she won't change at all though, the only change will be that Synergies no longer affect her Perfect Block Ability...
  • Options
    Sneakyko said:

Just saying but will this allow the block proficiency mastery
    Because I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to get the perfect block without it
    They said in another reply they will keep the Mastery in mind
  • Options
    Midnite93 said:

Another would be her block proficiency and perfect block chance cannot be increased or reduced by external sources same like old man Logan except via masteries, her own abilities and her own synergies.

That's what they are doing...
  • Options
    Keniutek said:

Keniutek said:

...it's not a nerf
    Keep telling yourself that.
    It is not a Nerf. You will not even see a change in her without the Synergy, this is simply making sure she can't Perfect Block everything and gain Massive Amounts of Power when having her Block Proficiency Boosted by the Synergy. That is a Huge Unbalanced Ability that is getting Fixed that shouldn't have existed in the first place, there's a difference between a Nerf and an Obvious Exploit. Be happy they are fixing it now and not months later, also be happy they aren't nerfing the Guardian Synergy for Everyone...
  • Options

I roundly say no. If you did something without testing it out before doesn't mean that you have to nerf/rebalance Domino. Instead of changing her habilites, tweak the synergy.

No, no one wants the Synergy Nerfed for Everyone. This Change to Domino is much more fair and you won't even notice a Change in her without the Synergy, also this is not a Nerf it is a Rebalance because this Interaction wasn't meant to have this insane of a result.