**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

THE BEST MYSTIC CHAMPION?

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom

@Etjama i was simply seeking to make people think for themselves and not get caught up in the hype, nothing personal

No problem and no hate, dude. Just maybe change up the wording a bit next time.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Doctor Doom

Etjama said:

@Grumpy again, the hype, BWCV has access to 3 immunities, regen, cheat death, power control and buff immunity (when this effect is on the opponent they are immune to buffs, and BW gains power for each failed buff.

Doom has tankiness, high block proficiency, better power control, imo better nullify, great power gain with power steal/MD, and amazing damage. His downside is that he's not suicide friendly. I'm sure some people here are just going off Seatin's tier list, but most are forming their own opinions so quit accusing people of doing so.
    Doom's nullify is RNG based a lot of the time. He might have stagger as well, but this ability is impeded by some mechanics nowadays. Claire's buff immunity bypasses all of those anti nullify or stagger mechanics! Also, have you ever checked to see her block proficiency?
    He has one of the most consistent nullify and stagger combinations in the game
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Doctor Doom

@Erocks its like comparing a knife to a spoon, they’re both cutlery but have completely different functions

That's a very good point, but if you line them up side by side I'd say Doom ends up on top still, he just has so much utility, damage, and is a god on defense.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Buuuuut, If there are loads of buffs and the opponent can bleed, Symbiote Supreme becomes easily the best amongst all the mystics.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Ghost rider
    Doom may be dominating right now but if I have to choose I'll go for skull with flames rather than plain skull 😉
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Symbiote supreme
    Symbiote Supreme has the best animations in the game hands down, and he can nullify buffs instantly, survive nearly everything with his protection phase, bleed everything to do death with bleeds stronger than Claire Voyant, high damage, and the fact that he drags his opponent into another dimension with his sp3, while Doom drags his opponent to Latveria.
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    Scarlett witch!!
  • DRAGOLADRAGOLA Posts: 84
    Dorm
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Doom destroys all. Claire is only a second option if you need immunities or run suicides without the NF/Goldpool synergy
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Maldroit2 said:

Symbiote Supreme has the best animations in the game hands down, and he can nullify buffs instantly, survive nearly everything with his protection phase, bleed everything to do death with bleeds stronger than Claire Voyant, high damage, and the fact that he drags his opponent into another dimension with his sp3, while Doom drags his opponent to Latveria.

Against bleed immune opponents Sym suffers terribly. Also, his abilities are on a timer and you can't access them anytime you want. His power control is also terrible too.
    I love sym supreme and even spent an AG on him but he is outclassed against Doom and Claire unless in some very specific matchups
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    I love Claire, to bits, but I’ve got to hand it to Doom. I think the big thing he has over her is he controls the fight. Not many champions do that as effectively. But honestly they are very different champions.

Doom has the superior power control

Claire has the better nullify

Doom is tankier at base but Claire can regen

Doom has much higher damage output

But Claire is triple immune.

Claire is one of the best champs with suicides while Doom suffers heavily.

I do think it’s worth mentioning that Claire can place 3 types of DOT. This allows her to take Do you bleed, acid wash and Pleasure to Burn, as well as the poisons being an in built heal mitigation

Both are incredibly versatile and excellent champions. No one can be blamed for putting one above the other honestly. Sym Supreme is 3rd, but he’s kind of niche. Basically mystic Archangel. Everyone is else is pretty far behind
    Doctor Doom

I love Claire, to bits, but I’ve got to hand it to Doom. I think the big thing he has over her is he controls the fight. Not many champions do that as effectively. But honestly they are very different champions.

I do think it’s worth mentioning that Claire can place 3 types of DOT. This allows her to take Do you bleed, acid wash and Pleasure to Burn, as well as the poisons being an in built heal mitigation

Both are incredibly versatile and excellent champions. No one can be blamed for putting one above the other honestly. Sym Supreme is 3rd, but he’s kind of niche. Basically mystic Archangel. Everyone is else is pretty far behind

That last part is just crazy. Not only is having sym supreme as nr 3 a crime. But saying other great champions like magik. Vooodoo. Ms. Sorcerer supreme is pretty far behind is number one ****
    Why am I not surprised? They are great champions, what I mean is that those top 3 are so dominant. I’ve got Magik, Voodoo and Sorceror Supreme at R5 as well as Claire Voyant and Symbiote Supreme and I honestly use Claire and Sym so much more than the other champs. Magik probably sees the most play outside of them but even then that’s not too often
    Doctor Doom

That last part is just crazy. Not only is having sym supreme as nr 3 a crime. But saying other great champions like magik. Vooodoo. Ms. Sorcerer supreme is pretty far behind is number one ****
    Why am I not surprised? They are great champions, what I mean is that those top 3 are so dominant. I’ve got Magik, Voodoo and Sorceror Supreme at R5 as well as Claire Voyant and Symbiote Supreme and I honestly use Claire and Sym so much more than the other champs. Magik probably sees the most play outside of them but even then that’s not too often
    I honestly value Sorcerer and Magik over SS. They're less situation dependant. Magik is just get to a Sp2, backdraft, and win. And Sorcerer is just amazing. Tons of utility and sustainability with some really solid damage from those armor breaks.
    Doctor Doom
    Etjama said:

I honestly value Sorcerer and Magik over SS. They're less situation dependant. Magik is just get to a Sp2, backdraft, and win. And Sorcerer is just amazing. Tons of utility and sustainability with some really solid damage from those armor breaks.
    I can see the argument for Magik. She is a very dominant champion, but Sym just absolutely crushes any buff matchup, it’s actually stupid. I think the issue for Magik with me is that unless you need the power control, against a Hyperion for instance, there are a lot of other champs that generally just do it faster.

Sorceror I disagree with. She’s a good champ, and mine was really helpful in V5, but she’s just not up to the same calibre in my opinion. Maybe as more content comes out she’ll shine more, but she’s not the sort of champ I see as a must have like the other 4.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Did the guy with a 6* r3 Diablo vote yet?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Doctor Doom. No question.
    Doctor Doom

Im not surprised either coming from the guy who undervalues havok:/ Magik is phenomenal and is probably the most used mystic in aw these days at high tiers at least. Sym is a great champ aswell but hes much more limited then champs like morningstr. Doom. Cv and magik
    Magik's used a lot in AW, but not nearly as much as Doom.
    edited August 2020
    Doctor Doom

Im not surprised either coming from the guy who undervalues havok:/ Magik is phenomenal and is probably the most used mystic in aw these days at high tiers at least. Sym is a great champ aswell but hes much more limited then champs like morningstr. Doom. Cv and magik
    Is she the most used mystic in high tier wars? Because I just see Doom’s absolutely everywhere. Didn’t she disappear again when Flow Mojo took a hit? I might be wrong I don’t play high tier wars, I can only go off what I hear through the grapevine

Sym is definitely more limited than CV and Doom, I wouldn’t argue that. Magik is better in general matchups but isn’t as dominant in her ideal matchups as Sym is. I retract my previous statement about other mystics being far behind, Magik is a clear 4th. I’m pretty set on that top 4.

I know you love your Morningstar, but that ramp up butchers the champ for me. She’s amazing when ramped but the ramp up...
    Maybe I’m biased, I hate ramp up champs as a rule. They’ve just never been viable in difficult content to me since you don’t get the fights to ramp up generally, you need the answers and potential there and then. I’m not going to comment much on MS since mine is only R4. She was my 7th 5* or something and I tried to use her but she was never able to get built up for when I needed her

And I stand by my comments on Havok. But that’s fine, we’re allowed to disagree😜
  • Jane Foster

Correct
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    suicide = claire no suicides = doom
    Doctor Doom

Etjama said:

Magik's used a lot in AW, but not nearly as much as Doom.
    Mate i said high tiers at least
    Doom is used a crazy amount in high tier wars. Multiple top allies run more than one Doom in a single BG.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Change my mind.

Sasquatch is the best mystic.