Remembering Chadwick Boseman [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SpiralSpiral Member Posts: 84
    lmao this is so sad. a title in game is good enough tbh. maybe something in the bg of the map with his name/pic too.
  • KattohSKattohS Member Posts: 717 ★★
    RIP Chadwick Boseman, Black Panther, King T’Challa
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,763 ★★★★★
    Spiral said:

lmao this is so sad. a title in game is good enough tbh. maybe something in the bg of the map with his name/pic too.

They didn't add any with Stan Lee died, they probably won't add anything for Chadwick. We don't need stuff to memorialize anyone. Just pay your respects and share stories.
  • RU11011RU11011 Member Posts: 880 ★★★★
    edited August 2020

I demand that we buff Black Panther Civil War as a tribute to Chadwick Boseman. He was the King of Wakanda and a true king never dies. I do not care what the community says to me, but I DEMAND that Kabam buffs Black Panther Civil War and makes him an Omni god-tier champion.

How is this meant to benefit the friends and family who are grieving the death of a great person? Buffing a character in a video game does nothing to pay respects to Chadwick Boseman, and is incredibly disrespectful and completely selfish. Instead of trying to benefit off of his death, pay respects in the main thread or donate to a charity working to fight colon cancer.
  • ArbiterArbiter Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    Most of what people say is true, and I do know it takes months to buff a character since I am in that world.

Since characters are being buffed anyway perhaps he could be fast tracked. And yes I know this still means months away.

A title is also good but Stan Lee was never a playable character. So buffing was never a topic of discussion.

What I am saying is "it would be nice" if his character in the game elicits a positive emotion that befits the man that is unavoidably associated with him.

Players grind so hard to get 5 and 6* and when you get a BP you have feelings of disappointment, etc. Speaking personally, it's not a feeling I want to associate w the man. It is a small and humble association but it in unavoidably there nonetheless.

You can take your moral high ground as much as you want and feel superior and better about yourself, but at the end of the day it is next to impossible not to think of BP and not remember Boseman. For many, he WAS Black Panther.

Again, I don't have BP even as a 4* I just thought this would be a nice thing for Kabam to do.

P.S.

If Kabam does buff and does the extra step of making an event out of this, (months away I am sure) they should donate the profits to cancer research or something in that line.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,293 ★★★★★

Spiral said:

They didn't add any with Stan Lee died, they probably won't add anything for Chadwick. We don't need stuff to memorialize anyone. Just pay your respects and share stories.
    "True Believer" title ring a bell?
  • DjinDjin Member Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I don't think they need buff. OG BP has good bleed damage. BPCW is good on defence.

Change their VICTORY animation to WAKANDA FOREVER pose...
  • WAnou22WAnou22 Member Posts: 1
    Hello summoners,

I offered Kabam a tribute to Chadwick Boseman who passed away yesterday at 43 and who is best known for his role as Black Panther in the mcu. I think Kabam could do a “Wakanda Forever” style headline and maybe a profile picture of Black Panther with his arms crossed. As for the tribute to Stan Lee

What do you think?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★

Spiral said:

Except the True Believer title, am I right?
  • RookiieRookiie Member Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    Something funny
    https://youtu.be/-yGIGAaF8Oo

And something to showcase his dedication and passion for the cause
    https://youtu.be/6J-D86wfxiE
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,827 ★★★★★

As many as possible should change profile pic in game to black panther civil war and title to Wakandan Warrior. Let’s see if we can bring a little honor to a man who put out a great set of movies for us while suffering from cancer.

• EnderOfThingsEnderOfThings Member Posts: 2
    Yes
  • Xxshinrazxx_2020Xxshinrazxx_2020 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Long live the KING
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★

• LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Member Posts: 265
    Now would be a great time to announce a buff to our Panthers. Give the OG the kingly cape he deserves.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Now would be a great time to announce a buff to our Panthers. Give the OG the kingly cape he deserves.

no. Just because some died does not mean they buff a character.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    no buff needed. a simple profile pic or title would be most fitting as i initially pointed out.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Member Posts: 228 ★★
    Djin said:

I don't think they need buff. OG BP has good bleed damage. BPCW is good on defence.

Change their VICTORY animation to WAKANDA FOREVER pose...

Perfect. More respectful than demand titles, buffs or events in purposed of gain any benefits over his death
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Member Posts: 2,006 ★★★
    Sad news :( may he rest in peace
  • Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Member Posts: 90
    exactly... 2020 has already been the pathetic year already and loosing one of the marvel heroes is not justified under any circumstances...
    What a beautiful soul
    https://youtu.be/mhiuyCWZOuY

Still can't believe he's gone
    Rest in Power Chadwick

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★

We are running a challenge in memory of Chadwick. Feel free to check out the details from this thread if you are interested in joining to try out and submit.

Epic Tribute to the Black Panther
    https://youtu.be/nyanm0xD6h8
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Really hoping they make an big event of the Chadwick Boseman tribute. Give Black Panther CW a special buff node and let him loose in his own event in Wakanda. Just a nice title as a reward is all I would ask as a minimum :) RIP King🙏

The only in-game Boseman tribute I want is an unwinnable one. No rewards, no nothing. Just letting him beat the **** out of us.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,956 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Really hoping they make an big event of the Chadwick Boseman tribute. Give Black Panther CW a special buff node and let him loose in his own event in Wakanda. Just a nice title as a reward is all I would ask as a minimum :) RIP King🙏

The only in-game Boseman tribute I want is an unwinnable one. No rewards, no nothing. Just letting him beat the **** out of us.
    That would be a great way to do it.