**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW points scoring needs a complete overhaul

Comments

• Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★

Oops we lost:
    Let's move the goal post and change the rules.

I’m highlighting a current flaw in the AW pts system...what’s your contribution to make things better and fairer?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,764 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Oops we lost:
    Let's move the goal post and change the rules.

I’m highlighting a current flaw in the AW pts system...what’s your contribution to make things better and fairer?
    This change was made since Dec 2017.
    The rationale and debate on it can be found here.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36645/alliance-wars-scoring-update-coming-december-13th

I have to assume you are a fairly new Summoner?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Attack bonus and defender kills I can somewhat agree with, but exploration should be the biggest thing by far imo
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Firstly half of the other alliances kos weren’t counted as they were after three Ina. Certain champ, this rule was made for a reason (they may have used small revives to try and clear once they already had 3 deaths on a boss,) as if you know the rules you can save resources once you’ve run out of points to lose.
    the main point However,is that every defender you don’t attack, kabam can assume you would have had 3 kos on, as that’s why you couldn’t clear them, you left 4 more than them standing which would count for 12 deaths for you, that makes the death tally about even and then they win because of their diversity, it actually makes a lot of sense
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We won on defender diversity
    We lost on exploration and defenders remaining
    We both got Boss KO’s

I know the metrics, but surely KO’s should also either attract or subtract points.
    Again our opponent incurred 34 KO’s while we received just 3

And as for those who pile in on our ally ‘having weaker players’ we’ll I guess not everyone can be as good as you?

No, they matter to a point, they removed them from mattering Past 3 because they want to value people trying to overcome. For instance why didn’t you kill thier 5? Because you would have ran into the same issue they did with kos?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Firstly half of the other alliances kos weren’t counted as they were after three Ina. Certain champ, this rule was made for a reason (they may have used small revives to try and clear once they already had 3 deaths on a boss,) as if you know the rules you can save resources once you’ve run out of points to lose.
    the main point However,is that every defender you don’t attack, kabam can assume you would have had 3 kos on, as that’s why you couldn’t clear them, you left 4 more than them standing which would count for 12 deaths for you, that makes the death tally about even and then they win because of their diversity, it actually makes a lot of sense

This basically, any missed nodes the game calculates as you having died atleast 3 times too, might not show it in the defender kills but as far as the scoring is concerned, you died more than 3 times. You want to win, you need to get your newbies to help out, simple as that.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

I know the metrics, but surely KO’s should also either attract or subtract points.

And as for those who pile in on our ally ‘having weaker players’ we’ll I guess not everyone can be as good as you?

No, they matter to a point, they removed them from mattering Past 3 because they want to value people trying to overcome. For instance why didn’t you kill thier 5? Because you would have ran into the same issue they did with kos?
    We left there 5 champs because we used 2 accounts to taxi around the other 8
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

And that’s why you lost. They cleared the map

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It would be nice if there were more attack bonuses available, perhaps 4-5. Outside of the boss kill we periodically get 4-5 kills on certain nodes if the opponent is having a mare. I think it could be a good way to differentiate further but honestly I think the points loading is pretty balanced across the various sectors.

Biggest points are for dropping the boss, then priority goes to clean take downs, defenders remaining and finally diversity. Placing your defence is a balance between difficulty and diversity.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

because killing those 5 were too difficult. There is plenty of time to complete war, taxiing around the map is not an excuse. The game wants to encourage people to attack, your suggestion does the exact opposite, it incourages people to put the best defenders at every position, ignoring diversity, just so you can rack up kills, so people will then go around tough champions.
  • Options
    Mauled said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

And that’s why you lost. They cleared the map

Tks Einstein.

Next you’ll tell me water isn’t wet?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

because killing those 5 were too difficult. There is plenty of time to complete war, taxiing around the map is not an excuse. The game wants to encourage people to attack, your suggestion does the exact opposite, it incourages people to put the best defenders at every position, ignoring diversity, just so you can rack up kills, so people will then go around tough champions.
    2 of the 10 player accounts in our AW team are newbies and there was no sense in giving the opponent easy KO’s
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You proved your point on why you lost. You didn’t explore as much as they did and they probably died 20+ times on 1 node and solod almost every other fight. That will do it. Exploration is a big factor, when you get to higher tier wars you’ll understand why the amount of kills would be bad for war. War has casualties but this is a video game not real life war. Can’t compare to the 2. The scoring system is fine the way it is.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

ABOMB said:

They defeated you guys by 360 points (minus victory bonus)..in a tight race everything helps. Next time explore the map a bit more.

Exactly this.

If you would have killed the 5 defenders of theirs still standing, you would have won.
    Yes Pal, Tks for pointing out the obvious...again my whole point is KO’s are worth nothing
    And I’m willing to bet that 90% of their deaths came from 3+ on minis and boss.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

2 of the 10 player accounts in our AW team are newbies and there was no sense in giving the opponent easy KO’s
    So instead of giving them a chance to improve and giving yourselves the chance to actually clear those paths, you chose to have your newbies do literally nothing and guarantee that you lose all the attack bonus on those nodes you skipped?
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Good lord I’ve never hit the Disagree button so fast lately, as I did for this post. And I wish I can hit it more.

It took years and years of tweaking the AW scoring system to get to the current one presently used. It offers a fair balance between attack bonus and defender kills, when compared to the scoring systems used in past iterations of AW.

And it works. So there is no need to change it.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

You know the scoring system. You know a defender remaining is worth 250, plus 150 exploration. If you had combined those two accounts to literally kill ONE defender you would’ve won.

“There’s no purpose in giving them KOs.”
    Ummm...removing their defenders and getting an attack bonus isn’t a purpose? It’s kinda sad that you apparently run three weak accounts instead of actually learning the game and progressing.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

If people in an ally can’t keep up they shouldn’t be in that ally
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

Lormif said:

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We both got Boss KO’s

If people in an ally can’t keep up they shouldn’t be in that ally
    Because you are so perfect right? New players are playing and in time they will advance. The snobbery on this chat about those who are weaker players is palpable.
  • Options
    SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    war has never been about who is more skilled, much less fairness. if they're overwhelming, of course it matters. everyone needs to stop treating war like they're kenob, asr, etc because the resource usage is so overwhelming, and the shards you get in return dont really make up for it.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Perhaps you should be having this argument with your allaince and why you didn't use 2 stronger accounts.