**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

@SpideyFunko can you at least acknowledge that what you did was wrong? And attacking @Kabam Miike who gets a ton of rubbish from people like you daily is unnecessary. I do sympathise with you to a point but you knew it was a bug and so the action was taken, serves you right tbh.

You do realize what "go off" means, right?
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

@KDSuperFlash10 maybe you should read this as well

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1375519#Comment_1375519
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Oh, my bad @SpideyFunko I thought you said earlier you had been banned and that Go Off, well let’s leave to I think you made a typo 😂but I apologise profusely for my error.

It’s fine mate, no worries.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    Answer me this.. U can ban them indeed, but what about the alliances that they are in? How all of those alliances find replacements? After this a lot of alliances will searching for recruits, not all of them will

And what if couple ppl got banned for their mistake of judgment? Does that mean that they have to be kicked for this?.. Or do alliances have to find a replacement and kick them after a week when the original members come back

I didn't get banned,neither I want to discuss if they should be banned or not. Not my decision.. But this affect a lot of ppl that done no harm, aside those that actually exploit the ban
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    M_n_M said:

I still believe this is not a bug but an oversight where a quirky way to get rewards has backfired on kabam as chests have always gone back on completed paths in events where chests are available be it with iso or catalysts and still are available in today’s daily quests.

An oversight is a bug, in fact in its default nature all bugs are oversights.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I completely understand removing the rewards from all the accounts who exploited the bug. But what’s banning them gonna do?? It was your goddamn bug. Take responsibility for it at least, apologize, and fix it. And remove all the excess rewards. Banning people does WAY more harm than good for an issue that you guys caused because of a problem in YOUR servers. This affects entire alliances. Let that sink in.

Keep going. Haven't tried enough yet. You'll get there.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah Im waiting for juicy rewards too
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★

Bahubali said:

So, 168hrs/7 days ban for all who abused it or people who did it like 2times are exempted?

If you only did it twice yes you are exempt the people who did it multiple times are getting punished
    Lol I didnt do it..

Was jus thinking that Someone who exploited 6* shards more than 3 times are still good to get 5k 6* shards from summoner appreciation calendar.. and are not really losing 1400 shards from last week calendar either as they might have gotten more 6* shards already..

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lol players do something stupid and reckless that an potentially affect them and their alliance but Kabam is who's punishing alliances. These justifications just get better and better. Keep them coming guys
    E_Rich423 said:

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    What a joke! WHAT was the true purpose of even leaving the path open to begin with? Why even have it out there. You left the T2A icons out in 6.3, so if we explored it again and got the t2a that violates terms of service? Yet if we ran that path and DIDNT get it, even though it clearly shows them on the path, tough luck, its a glitch? Please explain the difference.
    If you had read his post he answered your question in it, it was left open so that you can retry if you fail without needing another key.
  • E_Rich423 said:

What a joke! WHAT was the true purpose of even leaving the path open to begin with? Why even have it out there. You left the T2A icons out in 6.3, so if we explored it again and got the t2a that violates terms of service? Yet if we ran that path and DIDNT get it, even though it clearly shows them on the path, tough luck, its a glitch? Please explain the difference.
    He explained the purpose of leaving it open...
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

Answer me this.. U can ban them indeed, but what about the alliances that they are in? How all of those alliances find replacements? After this a lot of alliances will searching for recruits, not all of them will

And what if couple ppl got banned for their mistake of judgment? Does that mean that they have to be kicked for this?.. Or do alliances have to find a replacement and kick them after a week when the original members come back

I didn't get banned,neither I want to discuss if they should be banned or not. Not my decision.. But this affect a lot of ppl that done no harm, aside those that actually exploit the ban
    Leave them alone for now, you can bug them tomorrow. We're most likely going to get a compensation for the delay in the side quest and the banning on teammate that can help you get rewards. So be happy the they produced a free game you dont have to spend a dime to play it, if its a free game expect bugs and micro transactions. We don't know if they are Rich, Poor, Barely getting by, or have average amount of money. They try there best, to some there best is enough for them, but to some getting to play a free game is enough.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I completely understand removing the rewards from all the accounts who exploited the bug. But what’s banning them gonna do?? It was your goddamn bug. Take responsibility for it at least, apologize, and fix it. And remove all the excess rewards. Banning people does WAY more harm than good for an issue that you guys caused because of a problem in YOUR servers. This affects entire alliances. Let that sink in.

Keep going. Haven't tried enough yet. You'll get there.
    Obsessed
    Cyporg said:

It's a lazy response on kabams part. Shows how embarrassed they are at their major mistake. Push it off on the players. If it's part of the game, it isn't cheating. If it was an outside exploit or application then ya, cheating. If it's part of the game it's a bug, and they should fix it and take away the farmed rewards. But a 7 day ban is excessive, gonna lose money on this for sure.

You dont have much experience playing MMOs do you? If you exploit a bug you tend to get banned.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Can leaders tell if one of their players has been banned? Do they show as having left the alliance?
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    zeezee57 said:

The week ban seems excessive for people who didn't egregiously exploit this, I've heard people say (not vouching for their honesty) they did the quest just twice and still got the same week ban. I completely agree the ill gotten gains should have been removed but I also believe the bans should have been reserved for those who truly deserved it, the ones who just treated it as open season. I don't think the bans should differentiate on the specific rewards though, someone who did the gold path 10 times should get the same treatment as someone who got 10 AGs. Bottom line is these people knew full well this wasn't the intent of the quest but spammed it anyway.

I obviously have no say in any of this but hopefully they'll reconsider the bans on the people who did the path 3 times or less since more than likely they had every opportunity to keep going but chose not to. Whether the extra run was an honest misunderstanding of the quest itself or not the fact is they chose (presumably) not to egregiously exploit it and for that they shouldn't be hit with the same ban as those who did. Maybe a 24 ban as a firm warning and leave it at that. Regardless what else happens I'm glad they didn’t let these exploited rewards stand which would've been the easiest thing for them to do while at the same time i can sympathize with those hit with a ban not quite in line with their participation in the exploit.

They are getting rid of all extra rewards caused by this bug.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Those of y'all who are taunting people for getting banned better not've forced quit out of a fight to save a revive, or any other exploit because then it's just hypocrisy.

Or disconnect when you're almost dead in AW and AQ only to come back at half-health >:)
This discussion has been closed.