**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My Honest Thoughts on Cavalier Difficulty and a Response to Seatin's Video

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I found this thread super insightful.
  • Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★

Jesus man this thread has dissolved into just a toxic zone can’t wait till this is closed down.

If you find it so annoying why are you here? you want it locked down because you find it annoying yet here you are reading it.
    FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

Jesus man this thread has dissolved into just a toxic zone can’t wait till this is closed down.

If you find it so annoying why are you here? you want it locked down because you find it annoying yet here you are reading it.
    You’ve literally just proven his point...

You either have a sarcastic sense of humour or you’re a moron.
    Was literally asking him a question. If anything you are the one that came here being toxic. I just want to know why anyone would keep on reading and even commenting on a thread they find annoying. Complaining about something you do to yourself is very dumb.
  • Berjibs said:

His video was ridiculous.

The comparison to v5 is nonsense, v5 has some much harder paths, higher attack values and is way more restrictive, being limited to the champs that it is. Synergies are basically out. There’s a SW boss and only 4 poison immune champs you can bring, one isn’t in the basic pool yet plus fights like havok, iceman, hulkbuster with very few pure counters.

To make cav eq anywhere near as restrictive you’d have to limit each quest to the boosted classes. Even then cav would be way more fun.

Obviously the v5 rewards are better. Cav eq could clearly do with a buff there to appeal to those who play the game primarily for rewards. I play for fun so it doesn’t bother me as much though obviously still need to fill holes in roster etc, plus the side quest is basically a massive giveaway for progressing cav and uncollected players.

Also find it a bit weird that a lot of people complaining about how long it takes have nearly explored it. Probably the same people that will complain there is nothing to do in a week.

Personally I’m nearly done with it and I’ve only used some refills I already had and my free energy. I’ll have it done by Wednesday.

I’m not sure what Seatin’s game is really. I can’t believe he truly thinks this event is for end game rosters running 30% boosts. He’s not a top tier player in my eyes like msd, kt1 etc but he should be able to easily handle this content. If it ends up getting the eq better rewards, fine, if he gets difficulty nerfed again like the show up event I’ll be gutted. That whole debacle was pathetic.

Clearly a lot of people complaining both on that thread and about cav eq difficulty can’t think for more than 5 seconds about what champs are gonna be able to counter a fight before giving up and I feel like he’s just pandering to that section of players and whipping up another whingefest from people who will have barely tried to play the content. It’s getting really annoying. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’ve got two accounts, 500k and 650k. Hardly a big dog, more of a snappy little terrier. If I spend a single resource fully exploring this eq on either ill be very surprised. 75% through so far on one and nothing doing..

Cav eq is for me the best content they’ve made for a long while, focussing purely on the playing experience. Felt exactly what we collectively asked for in terms of nodes, boosts, rewarding not punishing gameplay, reasonable attack values etc.

Can’t wait for next month now! Well done Kabam.

Do you think you'd have a fun time in Cav difficulty if you didn't have good champs? Imagine having to deal with a 200k health opponent on diss track with a Modok. I became cavalier at 300k rating and if I did Cav difficulty back then, I barely would've been able to complete it with my **** luck.

Seatin was just saying that the difficulty for less developed rosters would be far greater and it would not feel as fun for them as it would for others.

Stop thinking about yourself and how much fun you're having and think about progressing cav players. There shouldn't be this much restriction in the nodes. Not everyone has human torch, Cap IW, and other good debuff and buff applying champs. I'm sure many people will be attempting those nodes with a mediocre champ.

I have to agree I didn't find Cav difficulty a bore, it was fun for me. I'm lucky enough to have good counters for the nodes, many others aren't. I'd say the difficulty of the Cav EQ was perfect. Not too easy and not too hard. The only problem I have is that buffed up, and diss track are too restrictive and will make the quest a big problem for progressing Cav players.

Seatin was easily able to complete Cav difficulty. You just misinterpreted what he was saying. He was trying to speak from a progressing player's point of view, that they would find it difficult specifically because of the restrictiveness of the nodes.

The rewards were also a bit disappointing. They aren't bad, but they aren't very appealing either.

So my main point is that stop looking at how fun it is for a big roster and look at how restrictive it is for the rest. Just because you find hard fights with niche requirements fun doesn't mean everyone can do them, stop being selfish.
    Primis00 said:

FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

Was literally asking him a question. If anything you are the one that came here being toxic. I just want to know why anyone would keep on reading and even commenting on a thread they find annoying. Complaining about something you do to yourself is very dumb.
    Oh now I’m toxic haha.

Guess we’ll be going with moron then
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    ESF said:

RogerRabs said:

ESF said:

The complaint that it’s more difficult If you don’t have a wide roster with perfect counters: ludicrous. Come on.

That was the whole point of making adjustments to Act 6 — that content was requested to be more accessible to smaller rosters and players with a bit less skill.

Monthly EQ, with scaled difficulty, was requested to be where the hardest stuff was, with Cavalier being the hardest.

You aren’t supposed to be able to blow through it with a soft roster and average skills

They could have included a path in each chapter that removed the more restrictive nodes (Buffed Up, Diss Track, etc). That would have paved the way for people who just got Cavalier to do a run through of the new difficulty. That's what they said they were going to do, but ultimately didn't in my opinion.

I think calling it a "massive failure" is a bit too strong but as someone who already finished exploration I thought it was very "meh". Especially considering we waited almost 3 years for it.
    I think this: it’s the first month.

It’s fine to offer feedback and criticism. People absolutely have the right to do that.

But the feedback we gave Kabam months ago was that we wanted Act 6 toned down with the amount of niche fights and overall difficulty, to be more accessible.

Many people also said that it was fair for endgamers to want a difficulty that was more challenging than Uncollected, which is gonna mean more restrictive content.

I understand complaints about rewards — people assign value to their time. I get that.

But I think Kabam has tried really hard to hit the milestones that the community requested and that they wrote about — Cavalier is exactly what they said it would be, and stuff like Diss Track was in the Canadian difficulty two months ago

Nothing you just said is changed by having Diss Track on 4 of 5 paths instead of all 5. Like I said in my previous comment, they said there was going to be a path to completion for people who had just achieved Cavalier. In my opinion, they failed to do that. It sounds like you are viewing this only from the perspective of someone who has a roster deep enough to complete all the content in the game.
    FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

Oh now I’m toxic haha.

In what way is asking a question toxic? Or how does it make ME a moron. If you dont like this thread, dont read it.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

I’m held off on commenting until now but this has gone off the rails and I want to be part of it. I’m an attention wh**e what can I say.

Firstly, rewards aren’t good. They’re not absolutely dreadful, but they are particularly inspiring either. I think my issue with the rewards is symptomatic of the issue with T5CC overall. It’s RNG. With T2A and T5B, you’re guaranteed to get closer to your next rank every time you get some

With T5CC, you could form a catalyst you have no use for in the next 2 years, stifling account progression and eventually people will lose interest in the game. I think it’s also worth noting here that this plus the side quest is probably going to be the only sources of T5CC for most players. Each bit they get matters. That’s why I think the challenge objective every month should be a selector. It’s provides the guaranteed progress month upon month that will motivate players to push for it

6* shards should be 7500, I don’t see any reason why fully exploring this EQ plus UC shrouding give a 6*. It’s stingy, I can’t justify it better than that

The 6* sigs are pitiful. If this was in combination with other sources, fine. But at least split it into 5 generic, 5 random. All generic of you’re feeling generous. If they have to be all random, pump up the amounts. It’s literally the only content besides Abyss players get 6* sigs without dishing out. Monetise the prestige race, fine, but giving FTP players and small spenders a way to boost up those sigs a bit, not 2/3 per month if you’re lucky. Spenders will still be much further ahead

As for the difficulty, I’ve made it clear in the past that I think the base difficulty should have been Act 6 completion, especially after the nerfs. The jump between UC and cavalier is much less than act 6 completion to exploration, and the UC to Cav has variants to support it.

However, the node design was good, and it wasn’t. If you had a counter in the right class, it was excellent, 10/10. If you didn’t, it could be...frustrating to put it mildly. I don’t think it’s entirely fair for me to comment on this since I have a stacked 4 and 5 star roster.

One idea I did have was something like, let’s say it’s quest 4, “If the attacker intercepts the opponent, and is of the cosmic class, they gain a fury buff lasting 15 seconds granting 0% attack rating”. Something to reward skilled players who maybe don’t have a super developed roster play around the node. It’s still requires you to use a champion of the class that you are pushed to, while opening up options, especially for fresh cavaliers

Finally, the completion rewards fiasco.

I think the fact that cavalier completion gives less 6* shards than UC completion did, says it all.

There is no sense of achievement, no real dopamine hit. Without a dopamine hit, players are going to feel less motivated to do it again. For players who can explore, it makes no difference. I get that. I think it’s right to push people towards exploration. But I don’t think this is how you do it. I think this system diminishes player achievement.

Anyway, that’s my thoughts. I’m not really going to weigh in on the Seatin thing. I agree with him on some things, disagree on others. I don’t think bashing him achieves anything. Critique away, insulting people stifles debate and only serves to divide people. Grow up.

And now to watch those disagrees rack up. How exciting.

oooh I do like that cosmic intercept fury node thing. if people wanted an easy path, you could put that node on it, but it depends if kabam want to reward roster depth for everything, including completion
    Thank you, it was one of my rare moments of inspiration.

I like the idea of simply putting it on every path. I like the idea that there are multiple layers of complexity and reward to every fight. The True Grit node for example, rewards you for meeting the roster requirement. My idea would benefit those with skills. It values roster over skill ultimately, which I don’t lien generally, but for what Kabam is going for here, I think it works

If you meet the roster requirements, my node does nothing. If you don’t quite meet it, you can do the fight if you play well. You probably won’t be benefitting from true grit so I feel it’s balanced.

It’s just a rough idea though, happy to hear suggestions on it
    Primis00 said:

FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

Oh now I’m toxic haha.

In what way is asking a question toxic? Or how does it make ME a moron. If you dont like this thread, dont read it.
    Keep reading my original comment until you catch up champ..
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

ESF said:

RogerRabs said:

ESF said:

The complaint that it’s more difficult If you don’t have a wide roster with perfect counters: ludicrous. Come on.

That was the whole point of making adjustments to Act 6 — that content was requested to be more accessible to smaller rosters and players with a bit less skill.

Monthly EQ, with scaled difficulty, was requested to be where the hardest stuff was, with Cavalier being the hardest.

You aren’t supposed to be able to blow through it with a soft roster and average skills

They could have included a path in each chapter that removed the more restrictive nodes (Buffed Up, Diss Track, etc). That would have paved the way for people who just got Cavalier to do a run through of the new difficulty. That's what they said they were going to do, but ultimately didn't in my opinion.

I think calling it a "massive failure" is a bit too strong but as someone who already finished exploration I thought it was very "meh". Especially considering we waited almost 3 years for it.

It’s fine to offer feedback and criticism. People absolutely have the right to do that.

But the feedback we gave Kabam months ago was that we wanted Act 6 toned down with the amount of niche fights and overall difficulty, to be more accessible.

Many people also said that it was fair for endgamers to want a difficulty that was more challenging than Uncollected, which is gonna mean more restrictive content.

I understand complaints about rewards — people assign value to their time. I get that.

But I think Kabam has tried really hard to hit the milestones that the community requested and that they wrote about — Cavalier is exactly what they said it would be, and stuff like Diss Track was in the Canadian difficulty two months ago

Nothing you just said is changed by having Diss Track on 4 of 5 paths instead of all 5. Like I said in my previous comment, they said there was going to be a path to completion for people who had just achieved Cavalier. In my opinion, they failed to do that. It sounds like you are viewing this only from the perspective of someone who has a roster deep enough to complete all the content in the game.
    Man, if you look back, I was one of the biggest advocates for having the game be “opened up” for players whose rosters weren’t as wide. Seriously. I was one of the loudest advocates for having Act 6 be a place where everyone could go and have a chance of success, not have stuff like The Champion and Mr. Sinister and Mysterio, Mordo, crushing hopes and dreams.

I also said that I understood how endgame people need more to do and that Uncollected was no longer that place for them.

Do I want Diss Track everywhere? No. I don’t.

But that’s a feedback issue, not a “Cavalier difficulty is a failure” issue.

Cavalier looks like it was gonna look, based on Canadian and Herald difficulty

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

ESF said:

RogerRabs said:

ESF said:

Man, if you look back, I was one of the biggest advocates for having the game be “opened up” for players whose rosters weren’t as wide. Seriously. I was one of the loudest advocates for having Act 6 be a place where everyone could go and have a chance of success, not have stuff like The Champion and Mr. Sinister and Mysterio, Mordo, crushing hopes and dreams.

I also said that I understood how endgame people need more to do and that Uncollected was no longer that place for them.

Do I want Diss Track everywhere? No. I don’t.

But that’s a feedback issue, not a “Cavalier difficulty is a failure” issue.

Cavalier looks basically how I thought it would look, based on the nodes they used in Canadian and Herald

• SpubbsSpubbs Posts: 4
    Speaking as someone who just became Cav. I have absolutely zero desire to even try this difficulty not even on the easy path. Seantin was 100% correct, the reward to challenge ratio is trash! I also I relied on grinding uncollected to build my roster (6*)and now that’s been cut I don’t know what to do; that was a bad move Kabam. I’m an adult with a family and am embarrassed I had to spend money to get to Cav. I can’t do that every month.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

No it's not
    Unio77 said:

FiiNCH said:

No it's not
    Taking a punt for some cheap ones 🤷🏻‍♂️

On a real though, more toxic than abomination round here.
    FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

FiiNCH said:

Primis00 said:

Oh now I’m toxic haha.

Keep reading my original comment until you catch up champ..
    You said i have proven his point by asking him a question on why he is reading a thread that is annoying him.
This discussion has been closed.