**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seatin’s Cavalier Difficulty thoughts and my own

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    It’s very good - but there needs to be some tweaks as you’ve mentioned above
    Just a little more rewards to make them really helpful to summoner who wish to rank-up their roster. that's all is needed.

I loved the design of the cavalier quest, it was even possible to do some path with 4 stars (even if not the easy path)

But please Kabam undo what you did with the rewards in uncollected. it was good before your change...
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    Rewards yea but also They need to make the nodes compatible with that entire class not just a few From each one like the tech chpt seems like it meant for no one lol, diss track is meant for void and HT, and the mutant one Omega Red and Colossus
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Bulmkt said:

IMO Cavalier should have the same nodes as in Uncollected while giving the AI opponents an appropriate bump up in HP and attack.
    The rewards for Cav should just be double what uncollected pays out. Easy solution.

Seatin was right to say the current Cav difficulty version is too niche.

I’m sorry but that’s just boring, you’ve got people crying because the quest takes a whole 10 hours to explore over 30 days and your idea is to take away the nodes that give you damage boosts and increase health and attack?
    Absolutely not, that is the cheapest, most boring way of making it difficulty and will make it universally hated because it’s just a slog to get through.

There’s nothing restricting about these global, buffed up and diss track have been around long enough (buffed up appeared in 6.1 for definite) that people should’ve ranked up atleast 1 counter by now and if you haven’t that’s on you. Even if you’ve got no direct counter, there’s the option of bringing any * version of Heimdall and getting 2 buffs from his synergies, meaning all champs can start at 2 buffs and just need 1 more from anywhere.
    Mr fantastic has his prefight too to help with debuffs I believe.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Nothing needs to change - the EQ redesign is great!
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Cav difficulty was awesome. Had lots of fun doing it.

I'm surprised Seatin said what he did. 6-8 hours for an EQ exploration, spread out over a 30 day period is.... too much?

Ridiculous.

The time is pretty fine but for the rewards you get..
    It’s the experience. Rewards are secondary.

Will players always want more rewards? Definitely. It’s human nature to feel that way, to be better rewarded for their time and effort spent.

Should players always get more rewards? Not always.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Clearly the people that talk about the seatin video havent watched the seatin video. I watched it initially and agreed with most of the points made. And i was very shocked to see the subsequent posts and response video afterwards that were full of things he never said at any point. He said that the content was fun and that for the most part he enjoyed it. The gripe he had was specific champs required and the rewards vs the effort. And i completley agree with both of those points. Theres a reason why more difficult content reaps much better rewards...and the reason he had a gripe with the rewards in the first place was based on what kabam told us in the first place. Rewards were aimed at devolping rosters and ranking up champs......which the rewards really dont do that well. And there are specific champs required to complete certain paths thats just a fact. I am lucky enough to have a very devolped roster so this isnt an issue for me but i know players that have completed most endgame content that STILL dont have the rosters avalible to cope with any scenario. Difficulty was fine for me just buff the rewards to reflect the goals that KABAM told us they were setting out in the first place and make it a bit less champ specific thats it. But overall i would say its a step in the right direction. Just make sure to the people that clearly haven't listened to what Seatin was saying just make sure you understand the point he was making before you bash the guy on the forums.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjwNhe1smQk

He said cavalier difficulty is a huge fail, lol, in the title. Say it all.

He tries hard to destroy our good content. Can't let him succeed this time.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

GOTG said:

Clearly the people that talk about the seatin video havent watched the seatin video. I watched it initially and agreed with most of the points made. And i was very shocked to see the subsequent posts and response video afterwards that were full of things he never said at any point. He said that the content was fun and that for the most part he enjoyed it. The gripe he had was specific champs required and the rewards vs the effort. And i completley agree with both of those points. Theres a reason why more difficult content reaps much better rewards...and the reason he had a gripe with the rewards in the first place was based on what kabam told us in the first place. Rewards were aimed at devolping rosters and ranking up champs......which the rewards really dont do that well. And there are specific champs required to complete certain paths thats just a fact. I am lucky enough to have a very devolped roster so this isnt an issue for me but i know players that have completed most endgame content that STILL dont have the rosters avalible to cope with any scenario. Difficulty was fine for me just buff the rewards to reflect the goals that KABAM told us they were setting out in the first place and make it a bit less champ specific thats it. But overall i would say its a step in the right direction. Just make sure to the people that clearly haven't listened to what Seatin was saying just make sure you understand the point he was making before you bash the guy on the forums.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjwNhe1smQk

He said cavalier difficulty is a huge fail, lol, in the title. Say it all.

He tries hard to destroy our good content. Can't let him succeed this time.
    He’s not destroyed any content. He has voiced his opinion, which to him is that it’s a missed opportunity. He posits that there’s a bit too much niche nodes, some of which don’t really work like the tech and mutant global, and in comparison to recent content the rewards are pretty meh. From an endgame perspective it’s easy and fun - he has all the counters for most of the game so it’s a breeze but this was content aimed at recent cavaliers as well as people who have completed the game.
    He’s essentially arguing that the balance isn’t quite there and that it needs a tweak.

Also, YouTube is paying his mortgage, he’s not going to title his video ‘Cavalier MEQ was a 7/10’ is he? For the same reason that others block capital ‘beyond god tier damage XYZ’.
    He said it's a massive fail. Which is wrong and overreacting. Simple as that.

Seatin wants to get money from viewers. He also gets backfired as well.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    @Andyball270 I watched the seatin video.

I agree the rewards should be better. What rewards are worth what level of effort is individual and they have to find some sweet spot I guess. It’s not up to any of us I guess to tell others what’s worth it.

I agree that there isn’t a lot of difference between the easy paths and the hard ones, also the whole quest felt to me very consistent in difficulty, only really magik and to a lesser degree apocalypse stood out as being particularly tricky. Apocalypse isn’t too bad. I can see magik being a nightmare for people.

For me I just wholly disagree with his comments on the restrictiveness and difficulty vs variants. There are much more restrictive fights, gates, nodes and bigger attack values in all those events. I’d say the only chapter where you could maybe push that agenda is the biohazard one but if you’re cav with no bleed immune champ, I mean there’s chunky 6.1 bosses you won’t get past without one, then I’m not sure what to say. Of similar content, say variant and act early 6, cav eq has the least restrictions on what champs you can bring, no gates or neutering of any kind.

The other point he labours over again and again is that cav will only be a good time for end game players with all the perfect beyond god-tier counters.

My own experience and that of friends I play with would prove this to be nonsense, you might have to rank up a few champs or dig around in your 4* roster, use some low rank synergies etc but in most quest if you find a champ or two that works, especially with the boosts, you can clear whole or majority of paths with them.

For eg r3 Angela smashed buffed up, killed p99 in 36 hits. Is she the beyond god tier champ he’s talking about? No, I doubt it. I killed domino in buffed up with red skull, is that who he meant? Diss track I used 4* cap, Luke Cage. 4* symbiote supreme in mystic quest etc etc.

There’s this whole massive group of cavaliers between those who unit manned their way to the title last week and the true 100% everything end gamers that he kinda completely ignores and who most likely make up the overwhelming number of people playing this content. Maybe I got it wrong but it came across that his main point, rewards aside, seemed to be if you are at one end of that spectrum of players it’s great, if you’re at he other end it’s rubbish. The reality really is that much bigger group of summoners in the middle, the average cavs, are gonna have a good time too. Maybe they can just think about utilising their rosters a bit better than someone with every 5* champ maxed out.

I just feel like he’s doing that portion of players a massive disservice. People could watch his video and just think, wow I won’t bother then, when the reality is they might be able to clear it with relative ease and have a great time doing so.

I’ve never got that vibe from his videos before, show up rant aside. In his variant guides he would always look at who you could potentially use if you had the skill, it encouraged me to do my first one, v2 with 4* champs like venom, vtd and cap. There’s none of that here.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★

He said it's a massive fail. Which is wrong and overreacting. Simple as that.

Seatin wants to get money from viewers. He also gets backfired as well.

This goes back to the very first thing that i said in my post. You clearly havent watched the video have you? As i said from a personal perspective im in the same boat as seatin i have the counters to the nodes so i dont find that difficult....we are talking about the people that dont. I understand that people who dont have the rosters ready for those nodes not being able to explore but the niche nodes shouldnt be on every path in the chapter. And even if they were only on 1 path the rewards for completion alone arent going to progress anyones account.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

I'm surprised Seatin said what he did. 6-8 hours for an EQ exploration, spread out over a 30 day period is.... too much?

Ridiculous.

Will players always want more rewards? Definitely. It’s human nature to feel that way, to be better rewarded for their time and effort spent.

Pretty much where I sit on this ad well. I really don't like the focus on rewards. Are they amazing? Of course not. When you look at what you can get from all other game modes combined with EQ over the course of the month though, that adds up to a potentially substantial amount. You can't just segregate the EQ rewards when you start looking at game balance you have to take into account what the potential for a player to get over a period of time is in total.
    Greed is real though.

Cav difficulty was fine for the rewards it gave out. Together with the side quest, which Kabam said will be a regular thing, AND the additional objective, which Kabam also said will be a regular thing, I personally think the rewards are pretty generous. (That’s 30% T5CC for a monthly EQ which people will do regardless.)

Will I say no to additional rewards? Nah. Doesn’t harm me in any way.

Will lower players “catch up” to big whales with a reward boost? Lol. In their dreams.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

Ridiculous.

Pretty much where I sit on this ad well. I really don't like the focus on rewards. Are they amazing? Of course not. When you look at what you can get from all other game modes combined with EQ over the course of the month though, that adds up to a potentially substantial amount. You can't just segregate the EQ rewards when you start looking at game balance you have to take into account what the potential for a player to get over a period of time is in total.
    For someone who pretty match have almost everything, it makes sense that you don't care about the rewards. But not everyone will find it fun to do the whole quest after finding counters, redoing numerous times to reduce item cost, (or in my case , zero items) and then end up with nothing more than a trifle
    What's on offer is far from a trifle though. 20% of a t5c is 2/3 what you get from a master war season. A fairly easy EQ isn't remotely near the difficulty or requires even a portion of the effort of an entire war season in T1.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you add up everything I'd accumulate over the course of around a month, I'll take in around 40-50k 6* shards, 4-5 t5b at least, and around a full t5c in frags. That's a considerable amount. Like I said you can't just segregate out the EQ rewards by themselves when thinking about balance
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam needs to boost Cavalier rewards asap. For the time investment its just not enough and the rewards are almost outdated and we're a month in. The alternative would be to remove 2 path in each chapter to make it shorter. I would take either one. But something needs to be done.
  • If you add up everything I'd accumulate over the course of around a month, I'll take in around 40-50k 6* shards, 4-5 t5b at least, and around a full t5c in frags. That's a considerable amount. Like I said you can't just segregate out the EQ rewards by themselves when thinking about balance

That makes me ill 😂 still, that’s what you get when you’re at the top of the tree.

I think my only gripe is that the differentiation between ch1-3 was pretty negligible except for the Magik quest, which was only considerably worse because the mutant bleed node didn’t work in the way that I think the dev intended.

Rewards wise, sure I would have liked a bit more - who doesn’t? The 4* objective could have been a selector though as it was pretty tough and would give it that added bit of spice for players around my level - beginning to get close to forming a T5CC and waiting on RNGesus to bless me.