Options

Act 6 Nerfs were terribly done, change my mind.

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

I'm not missing the point at all. Besides, Warlock is the best option for that Fight, and he's Immune to both. He's not the only option, and there are others.

How do you view that the typical response to that fight is around the caustic temp but they adjust the emp instead?

Imo, I used ghulk with heimdell my first pass of mr sinister when that chapter came out. Removing the emp actually weakens ghulk in that fight. Where as adjusting the caustic temp would have allowed more options. Although removing it completely makes the fight far too easy.

What I’m really getting at is that on paper, it could have been done better.
    That depends if the goal was to make it somewhat more accessible, or a lot. I'd wager it was to make it somewhat more open, as opposed to too open.
    Which if you’re right about that, it’s exactly what they did. Although it shows negativity towards the community that would have rather caustic temp be changed if anything. Removing one aspect only made it harder for previous champions that could do it.

Maybe it’s nitpicking, I love story questing and act 6 exploration made me very jaded about it overall. I can see they made an attempt to ease the pain points, but it could have been done differently. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

They made some adjustments, but they were pretty clear upfront that it was still intended to be hard content.

I beg you to please read @Rockypantherx's write-up on Act 6, then come back here to tell me that everything he mentioned is just "hard" and not extremely restrictive and/or punishing. He mentioned so many fights and even full lanes with less than 5 counters that were not changed. Kabam decided to go back to the drawing board on Act 6 because they recognized how unfair this content is.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

In my experience, only 5 fights in the whole act 6 had an issue. And 2 of them are still there as is, even after a massive nerf 😂

Which 2?
    I’m curious.
  • Options
    I'm not happy to see another havok thats for sure
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Whooo said:

Berjibs said:

Whooo said:

This change is one of the worst: They changed Rogue with Old Man Logan in 6.2.6, 'Do You Bleed' Path?
    OML has 95% bleed resistance.

Now this path will become a lot more difficult, if not impossible with a bleed champ.
    I am glad that I have already explored it 100%

He only has the resistance when his regen buff is active so maybe someone like Sym sup could nullify it and bleed him out or you just gotta time your attacks, bait his special and he consumes the regen for fury.

But if you use Fury for example this fight will be a lot worse.
    If you have deep wounds maxed out, rogue is a much easier fight for a lot of bleed champs
    ... so dont use fury?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,308 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

They made some adjustments, but they were pretty clear upfront that it was still intended to be hard content.

I beg you to please read @Rockypantherx's write-up on Act 6, then come back here to tell me that everything he mentioned is just "hard" and not extremely restrictive and/or punishing. He mentioned so many fights and even full lanes with less than 5 counters that were not changed. Kabam decided to go back to the drawing board on Act 6 because they recognized how unfair this content is.
    I appreciate the fact that someone took the time to make a write-up. That doesn't mean everything on it will be changed.
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    I wonder if aggression fury can be cheesed by electro now? Or would crit me with your best shot prevent that from happening. Aside from that, they should have gotten rid of or reduced some of these ridiculous gate requirements for 6.2. Also 6.2.5 is still just as awful and having to fight that mordo 9 times is still awful.
  • Options

Etjama said:

I appreciate the fact that someone took the time to make a write-up. That doesn't mean everything on it will be changed.
    I'm not saying they should've changed everything. I'm saying have you taken a look at it? Cause there's so much stuff where you need 1 of 3 specific champs, or you're dead if the AI doesn't play ball, and stuff like that. That's not "hard". That's BS.
  • Options

I wonder if aggression fury can be cheesed by electro now? Or would crit me with your best shot prevent that from happening. Aside from that, they should have gotten rid of or reduced some of these ridiculous gate requirements for 6.2. Also 6.2.5 is still just as awful and having to fight that mordo 9 times is still awful.

6.2.5 seems to be a real headache for most and very little change in regards of how to approach that mordo boss or the lanes.

I personally did exploration of 6.2.5 last. I did everything else I could before I had to double back to that level.
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    BeroMan said:

What these people are expecting seriously? That latest Act content will look like act 4? Many people did it without any nerf. And with this multiple nerfs they made act 6 of a caricature of its original release. But these people still are complaining. unbelievable.

Bruh, the content difficulty still hasn't changed, only the counters increased at most.
  • Options
    Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    Maybe they should just leave content how it is on release. Then y’all can’t whine about nerfs not being good enough.
  • Options

Maybe they should just leave content how it is on release. Then y’all can’t whine about nerfs not being good enough.

Kabam did a bad job on release. They realized that and that's why it's being nerfed in the first place. Now they're making the same mistake twice tbh.
  • Options
    NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    Whooo said:

This change is one of the worst: They changed Rogue with Old Man Logan in 6.2.6, 'Do You Bleed' Path?
    OML has 95% bleed resistance.

Now this path will become a lot more difficult, if not impossible with a bleed champ.
    I am glad that I have already explored it 100%

only when he has his regen up, bait a special and its gone, shouldnt be too much of an issue
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kabam did a bad job on release. They realized that and that's why it's being nerfed in the first place. Now they're making the same mistake twice tbh.
    What we have is a bunch of people who want the game to be easy and catered to their ability and roster. This game is RNG and skill dependent. If they nerf all content to the ground there will be no point in playing.
  • Options

Etjama said:

What we have is a bunch of people who want the game to be easy and catered to their ability and roster. This game is RNG and skill dependent. If they nerf all content to the ground there will be no point in playing.
    Barely anyone wants 6.2.6 Champion level nerfs. Other than the stupid high block pen and No Retreat, the fight shouldn't have been changed imo. But some stuff is just utter BS that needs changed, and it's getting completely ignored. RNG has always been involved in needing to get through content, but needing 1 of 3 champs out of all the champs in the game as a 5 or 6* for a single fight in Act 6 is so stupid. Let's just take 6.2.5 Electro for example. 1% regen and 100% poison are just 2 of the nodes. Just stealing from Rocky here, how are you going to deal with that without a max sig Namor/OR with suicides? That's just one of the many awful, completely BS fights that Kabam chose to ignore.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Barely anyone wants 6.2.6 Champion level nerfs. Other than the stupid high block pen and No Retreat, the fight shouldn't have been changed imo. But some stuff is just utter BS that needs changed, and it's getting completely ignored. RNG has always been involved in needing to get through content, but needing 1 of 3 champs out of all the champs in the game as a 5 or 6* for a single fight in Act 6 is so stupid. Let's just take 6.2.5 Electro for example. 1% regen and 100% poison are just 2 of the nodes. Just stealing from Rocky here, how are you going to deal with that without a max sig Namor/OR with suicides? That's just one of the many awful, completely BS fights that Kabam chose to ignore.
    Champs that reverse regen like void and capIW can do this fight if you slow play. There are some champs that can outdamage it like fury or Corvus. Also you can use some aa reduction champs-like AA. If you have willpower you won’t die from the initial poison. You may have to use a revive but it is doable content.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Warlock and blade are options for that electro.
    NF synergy opens up a couple extra counters for that fight, havok, cap IW with tech synergy, void as well. Think I've seen a takedown with ghost.
    That quest was ridiculous but the electro wasn't the most annoying fight imo
  • Options

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

NF synergy opens up a couple extra counters for that fight, havok, cap IW with tech synergy, void as well. Think I've seen a takedown with ghost.
    Most of those champs will still die from damage back by Electro. I'm not saying it's the worst in 6.2.5, but it's just one of the many examples that Act 6 still has a ton of BS that hasn't even been slightly changed.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hyperion?

Spam sp1 with despair.

• Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Champs that reverse regen like void and capIW can do this fight if you slow play. There are some champs that can outdamage it like fury or Corvus. Also you can use some aa reduction champs-like AA. If you have willpower you won’t die from the initial poison. You may have to use a revive but it is doable content.
    No, it's sh*tty content. You shouldn't need Willpower to get through a fight. And it's not just the one fight. Just another of the 50 examples, there's a whole freaking can't stop won't stop path. I can only think of 5 counters to that. Juggs, UC, Thing, The Champion, and CMM with Rogue. Sure you can use the 6.3 boost, but then you're screwed if you don't have Claire for HT. If this kind of BS gets nerfed and you think the game is too easy because of it, quit. No one will miss you and your god-awful attitude.
    Dang I give some options for fights and it’s sets you off. Sorry for trying to help you realize to look past 2 options before whining
    Whining about the player base is no different than whining about changes that should rightfully take place. That's what sets me off. Hypocrisy.
    Just telling y’all that they don’t need to nerf all content to your liking. There are gonna be fights where you revive. That’s why you have an inventory and items
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hyperion?

Spam sp1 with despair.

Yeah, that sounds viable. I'm not saying anything concrete about that fight or saying it's the worst, but it's just one of the many fights that shouldn't exist in this game. Same with micro-reflect Ant-Man in the exact same chapter. Absolutely unavoidable damage no matter what you do just shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited September 2020

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

No, it's sh*tty content. You shouldn't need Willpower to get through a fight. And it's not just the one fight. Just another of the 50 examples, there's a whole freaking can't stop won't stop path. I can only think of 5 counters to that. Juggs, UC, Thing, The Champion, and CMM with Rogue. Sure you can use the 6.3 boost, but then you're screwed if you don't have Claire for HT. If this kind of BS gets nerfed and you think the game is too easy because of it, quit. No one will miss you and your god-awful attitude.
    Dang I give some options for fights and it’s sets you off. Sorry for trying to help you realize to look past 2 options before whining
    Whining about the player base is no different than whining about changes that should rightfully take place. That's what sets me off. Hypocrisy.
    Just telling y’all that they don’t need to nerf all content to your liking. There are gonna be fights where you revive. That’s why you have an inventory and items
    Bruh like I said before, these weren't nerfs, they just increased counters by a bit at most. I don't want it getting nerfed personally, but extremely restrictive nodes are always bs. It will take AGES with anyone with bad luck to clear those content, and at that point you're just destroying both Kabams business and the players motivation to play.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Most of those champs will still die from damage back by Electro. I'm not saying it's the worst in 6.2.5, but it's just one of the many examples that Act 6 still has a ton of BS that hasn't even been slightly changed.
    No they won't, wouldn't bring them up if they couldn't one shot him.
    Ghost rider synergy with blade as well as Heimdall for do you go gentle lets him solo the electro.
    You don't have to hit electro with cap or void so no damage back. Can't remember how I saw ghost do it probably 200% tech boost and heimdall. Havok doesn't take any damage back on his medium and heavies.
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I just wanted to pop in and clarify that all of these foghts are doable. Every single A6 fight is doable and has been done. The problem lies with how niche they are. It's have anywhere between 2-5 champions or unit it down or don't do it. That's annoying design and there are plenty of fights like that that were blatantly ignored. I would understand if there was another set of nerfs arriving, but there aren't. This is the content that is supposed to stay here permanently. And I honestly think that a lot of fights should not stay they way they currently are.

This was a halfway done job. Also, quick question for those that are fine w/ these nerfs. Do you really think that this is all that should've been done after almost a year of feedback? There are at least 300 forum threads and mountains of other feedback on Act 6. And we get this?! So much feedback ignored. Only to tell us that, 'They're listening'. I can't be the only one that thinks this.

I was going to respond to some more comments, but this is all that I am trying to say. Just put in a much better way.