**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Let's talk about the old act 7 beta and it's dangerously game ending design

DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 β˜…β˜…β˜…
If that content got released bye bye Mcoc πŸ‘‹

Comments

• DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am very glad that never came out
  • WhoooWhooo Posts: 86 β˜…β˜…
    The second beta is way too easy.
    I don't like the direction which the game is heading to

Let's hope that the future variants will not be as easy as act 7
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    it wasn't that bad, people just want everything easy !!!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    What is the point of this discussion
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The second beta was certainly easier but it was actually fun to play. I’d much rather have content that is fun to play and allows me to use many different champs and counters but be a little easier than have content that is extremely difficult, no fun, and has the same two main counters (quake and ghost)
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    OGAvenger said:

The second beta was certainly easier but it was actually fun to play. I’d much rather have content that is fun to play and allows me to use many different champs and counters but be a little easier than have content that is extremely difficult, no fun, and has the same two main counters (quake and ghost)

Yeah, I would rather have the challenge be thinking through making your team, and having optimal picks as opposed to a β€œthese guys will let me squeeze by” kind of team. The benefits added to characters makes people consider the abilities of their champions and encourage balancing benefits from the + node and countering the - node.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I didn't think the original beta was that awful, and I haven't even completed 6.2.

I was a beta tester both times, and the second beta was easier than the first, for sure, but I wouldn't call it easy. Plus it looks like there was a chapter boss not shown in each chapter, because after defeating the boss you had to move a few spaces to an exit, which IMO will be where an even harder boss is placed when the act goes live. Just a guess though, but not sure why they'd otherwise put that extra couple of steps after the boss fight.

This game cannot be tuned to please every player. A dude with a bunch of rank 3 6 stars who has explored the Abyss will see Act 7 differently than a player who has only completed Act 6, using Unit Man all the way.

Kabam are the company that host such horrifying events like 12.0
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Solswerd said:

It is like people are missing the whole point of having betas in the first place..

That’s a pretty solid point
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Just a guess though, but not sure why they'd otherwise put that extra couple of steps after the boss fight.

Likely because the game's code doesn't allow for more than one "final" or "exit" tile.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 β˜…β˜…

While I don't get the point of this Thread, there is a point to what the OP is saying. It has nothing to do with people wanting things easy. The direction that took the game would have made it insurmountable to the point that people would have given up trying.
    Arent u the same guy who in the general feedback was saying that Kabam is going in the right direction!!!

While I don't get the point of this Thread, there is a point to what the OP is saying. It has nothing to do with people wanting things easy. The direction that took the game would have made it insurmountable to the point that people would have given up trying.
    Arent u the same guy who in the general feedback was saying that Kabam is going in the right direction!!!
    Do you not remember what happened to the ben 10 franchise?
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Whooo said:

Every single comment of yours are against Kabam.
    Chill, it's just a game
    You say this, but you also say this,
    Whooo said:

It's a game, man. We play games to relax and have fun, not fight for it with our lives
  • WhoooWhooo Posts: 86 β˜…β˜…
    Aziz5253 said:

Whooo said:

Chill, it's just a game
    Whooo said:

It's a game, man. We play games to relax and have fun, not fight for it with our lives
    And????
    What's your point exactly?
    I said that I don't like the direction that the game is heading, cause I want some challenging content, and not another act 4

I never said that I would fight if that was what was it takes for Kabam to make difficult content
    Whooo said:

Aziz5253 said:

Whooo said:

Chill, it's just a game
    Whooo said:

And????
    What's your point exactly?
    I said that I don't like the direction that the game is heading, cause I want some challenging content, and not another act 4

I never said that I would fight if that was what was it takes for Kabam to make difficult content
    Act 4 had too long routes