**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cable, a New God of the Abyss

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited October 2020

Mcdonalds said:

Who is Aegon in a world where Cable exists?

This is where youโ€™ve taken it too far buddy
    What can Aegon do that Cable canโ€™t?
    Tenacity, fury buff, constant TA and AAR on hits, big DoT, heavy cancel into L2 for big big numbers. Not to mention unblockable on 4/5 hits.

Cable can only do a fraction of that, and only after an L3
    Let's break it down:
    Tenacity: Cable doesn't need tenacity when he's bleed immune (horseman) and poison resistant, which are the 2 most common damaging debuffs in MCOC
    Fury buff: Who needs a fury buff, it's just Sym Supreme food
    True Strike: Cable has it on his sp3
    AAR: Cable has it on his sp2
    Big DOT: Aegon is not one to brag about DOT, Cable has much more powerful DOT
    Heavy cancel: Ok cool everyone has their own abilities I guess
    Unblockable: Yeah if you can get to 1000 hits, good luck doing that anywhere other than LOL and AOL
    Fury: Rubbish argument, Sym Supreme is only one champ and he staggers only after sp3 or every 15 secs.
    Tenacity: More dot debuffs are being added to the game, Aegon can shrug off all debuffs except maybe concussion. I would like to see Cable shrugging of an incinerate or coldsnap.
    True Strike: Its on an sp3 making it hard to access and not ideal if you are looking to face an evade champ
    AAR: A decent ability of cable but Aegon's is far more accessible
    Dot: Cable obviously has more Dot than Aegon but his use is decreased when there are stuff like debuff immunity etc. which gimps his damage.

Heavy cancel and unblockable are some minor abilities not severely affecting any ability or anything.
  • Rookiie said:

The OP is a troll most of the time.

Just because you don't agree with him most of the time doesn't make him a troll
    agreeing and diagreeing is a part of debate.
    making no sense and giving empty statements, that is trolling.

I agree with his Pun99 opinion, i disagree with his cable statements, that does no reflect on what i commented.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Rookiie said:

I agree with his Pun99 opinion, i disagree with his cable statements, that does no reflect on what i commented.
    Fair enough
    I don't think he was trolling though, I think he genuinely thinks Cable is a God of the abyss
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Fair enough
    I don't think he was trolling though, I think he genuinely thinks Cable is a God of the abyss
    Yeah maybe he thinks "Cable is a god of the abyss", but to say Cable is better than Aegon is clearly trolling, no?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Fair enough
    Yeah maybe he thinks "Cable is a god of the abyss", but to say Cable is better than Aegon is clearly trolling, no?
    I was promoting a discussion between Cable and Aegon, maybe I took it too far but I wanted to see their similarities cuz I think Cable is genuinely so powerful with the Apocalypse synergy. I can guarantee you that none of what I said was trolling though, I don't troll on the forums. I may have controversial opinions, but I don't troll.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Domino's still better than Cable
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Cable IMO is a Very similar situation with Abomination...
    With Red Guardian = Fantastic poison dealing champ which has some very handy uses especially things like acid wash
    Without: Trash you wouldn't touch
    Cable with Apocalypse + Fantastic degen damage and can heal from bleeds while adding more degen! so great for biohazard and fights that need DOT
    Without: Trash you wouldn't ever touch

But you wouldn't bring either into abyss instead of aegon, and while he could probably do it, it would cost you so many more units especially against the collector you're better off waiting!

Cool video though!
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Dang, better than aegon?
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Jerkobson said:

I took mine to r2 cause I love the hell out of horseman cable. But I wouldnโ€™t think of taking him to abyss. Thatโ€™s madness

I think heโ€™d be pretty amazing in abyss since there are no limber nodes and his heavy attack is only 2 hits and his sp2 is 3 hits. Maybe if he had suicides and full boosts w/White Mags and Apoc on the team so he could heal from double edge and liquid courage. Then again, you can only bring Aegon and Torch for the mystics/energy champs and Abyss collector. The cosmics could end up being a problem but who knows.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    you know a better option Aegon, ghost, domino, nick fury. I've seen people do the abyss and their main clearer were those characters

you know a better option Aegon, ghost, domino, nick fury. I've seen people do the abyss and their main clearer were those characters

Domino ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น
    Lmao said:

Domino ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น
    Still better than cable
    False
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Lmao said:

Domino ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น
    Still better than cable
    False
    True
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Lmao said:

Domino ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น
    Still better than cable
    False
    Domino-

-Doesn't need basic power control to have good DOT
    -Doesn't need another champion to actually be worth a damn
    -Becomes even better with synergies
    -Good defender
    -Doesn't rely entirely on DOT

better than Cable
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

There's something that everybody here seems to be overlooking, for some strange inconceivable reason.

Cable, without a shadow of a doubt, makes better "Pew Pew" noises than ร†gon could EVER dream of making.

At the end of the day - what does consistent -AAR, true strike, unblockable, virtually guaranteed crits on every hit, incredibly potent fury buffs, rupturing bleed damage, & more even matter if he can't make "Pew Pew" noises?

You just made this whole argument meaningless with your genius observation. This is why you are a content creator. Thank you. @KDSuperFlash10 I am sorry for not believing
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    @KDSuperFlash10 You sure do love to stack disagrees.
    Question is why?
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Mcdonalds said:

Who is Aegon in a world where Cable exists?

This is where youโ€™ve taken it too far buddy
    What can Aegon do that Cable canโ€™t?
    Tenacity, fury buff, constant TA and AAR on hits, big DoT, heavy cancel into L2 for big big numbers. Not to mention unblockable on 4/5 hits.

Cable can only do a fraction of that, and only after an L3
    Let's break it down:
    Tenacity: Cable doesn't need tenacity when he's bleed immune (horseman) and poison resistant, which are the 2 most common damaging debuffs in MCOC
    Fury buff: Who needs a fury buff, it's just Sym Supreme food
    True Strike: Cable has it on his sp3
    AAR: Cable has it on his sp2
    Big DOT: Aegon is not one to brag about DOT, Cable has much more powerful DOT
    Heavy cancel: Ok cool everyone has their own abilities I guess
    Unblockable: Yeah if you can get to 1000 hits, good luck doing that anywhere other than LOL and AOL
    Let me get this straight.
    Youโ€™re taking about a champ who needs another champ ramped up to be effective and you think heโ€™s better than Aegon?

Just use Cable against the collector. Alone, as everybody uses Aegon.
    And then come back and tell us heโ€™s better when youโ€™ve used 150 revives (at least)

I agree that Domino is not a GREAT champ. But no. Youโ€™re wrong on this one.
    Chikel said:

@KDSuperFlash10 You sure do love to stack disagrees.
    Question is why?

I couldnโ€™t care less about my disagrees
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Crcrcrc said:

There's something that everybody here seems to be overlooking, for some strange inconceivable reason.

Cable, without a shadow of a doubt, makes better "Pew Pew" noises than ร†gon could EVER dream of making.

At the end of the day - what does consistent -AAR, true strike, unblockable, virtually guaranteed crits on every hit, incredibly potent fury buffs, rupturing bleed damage, & more even matter if he can't make "Pew Pew" noises?

You just made this whole argument meaningless with your genius observation. This is why you are a content creator. Thank you. @KDSuperFlash10 I am sorry for not believing
    This isnโ€™t sarcasm by the way
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Ohh if it isn't another controversial thread by @KDSuperFlash10