**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

10% T5CC Dilemma

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Kabam has said many times that these are to be very rare resources. We have seen almost 0 T5CC selectors in the game, and they’re the only way to be able to control what class you get.

However, at this point we have seen them a very large amount of times in cash offers.

Now I get that Kabam is a for profit company, so these will be in cash offers every once in a while for those who will spend.

But f2p players haven’t even had a chance to get these almost at all. Other than the Omega boss rush, these have been selectively cash items.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think a single one has been in a unit deal. I also don’t understand why the 10% T5CC crystal objective isn’t a selector. That’s just my opinion though.

F2P players have had many chances to get T5CC. In fact, if you consider all sources of T5CC, most are theoretically available without spending. I don't see any particular rationale for focusing specifically on the 10% crystal. Whether you get one 10% crystal or 5 2% crystals makes no real difference in the grand scheme of things.

And I also don't see the point to splitting hairs when Kabam says something is going to be scarce, when it is obvious to most people that they mean in general. There's no rule that says something that is scarce in-game must be equally scarce in cash offers. In fact, the exact reverse is true. If cash offers didn't include things you couldn't get in-game at equal frequency, that would make cash offers largely pointless. The game's monetization scheme rests primarily on selling players things today that players will be able to earn in-game tomorrow. It sells early access. So of course the highest value things will arrive at higher frequency in cash offers first, before they become more common in-game later.

This is not just reasonable, it is *desirable*. There's only two things people buy in large amounts. Things you can't get in the game now, or things you can't get in the game at all. Of the two, the former is better for the game than the latter. Making exclusive items that you cannot get at all in-game creates paywalls. Making items easier to get or more frequently available in cash offers first, and then in-game later, just annoys the impatient. The rest of us can just hum along and play the game, knowing that what the spenders are getting now we will be getting later even if we don't spend. And I'm more than fine with that.

T5CC is actually way more available in-game than I ever thought it would be. It is starting to rain T5CC fragments, albeit at a relatively slow rate now. But when you consider that a rank 3 upgrade requires one T5CC and four T5B, in effect the T5CC we're earning is actually at least four times more valuable than the T5B fragments we earn, fragment for fragment. The 10% here and 10% there that the game is making available now is comparable to getting 80% of a T5B in relative earning power, if not more (because this completely discounts the costs to rank 2). It is actually a super high rate for what is supposed to be the highest and rarest upgrade catalyst in the game. I'm not complaining they are rare. I'm worried Kabam is burning up the 6* rank up ladder too quickly. The day of reckoning of what to do next is approaching several times faster than I thought it would be.
    *Light occasions showers of t5cc

I do recognize there are lots of opportunities for crystals, but I was referring to the selector. Since the selector is the only 100% guaranteed value.
    My recollection is that the T5CC selectors that an F2P player could snag are the 25% selector in Act 6 and the 10% selector that was in the Omega Boss Rush. So that's 40% of a T5CC available through selectors. Correct me if I have overlooked something. How much total T5CC has been released in cash offers so far? There was a 15% one recently in a unit store offer I believe. I don't recall selectors being in the July 4 deals, and I think if they existed in cash offers prior to July 4 they'd appear there. So does anyone know how many T5CC selectors, and of what amount, have appeared for sale between July 4 and now? How much larger a total quantity is that then the 40% that free to play players could get?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam has said many times that these are to be very rare resources. We have seen almost 0 T5CC selectors in the game, and they’re the only way to be able to control what class you get.

However, at this point we have seen them a very large amount of times in cash offers.

Now I get that Kabam is a for profit company, so these will be in cash offers every once in a while for those who will spend.

But f2p players haven’t even had a chance to get these almost at all. Other than the Omega boss rush, these have been selectively cash items.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think a single one has been in a unit deal. I also don’t understand why the 10% T5CC crystal objective isn’t a selector. That’s just my opinion though.

F2P players have had many chances to get T5CC. In fact, if you consider all sources of T5CC, most are theoretically available without spending. I don't see any particular rationale for focusing specifically on the 10% crystal. Whether you get one 10% crystal or 5 2% crystals makes no real difference in the grand scheme of things.

And I also don't see the point to splitting hairs when Kabam says something is going to be scarce, when it is obvious to most people that they mean in general. There's no rule that says something that is scarce in-game must be equally scarce in cash offers. In fact, the exact reverse is true. If cash offers didn't include things you couldn't get in-game at equal frequency, that would make cash offers largely pointless. The game's monetization scheme rests primarily on selling players things today that players will be able to earn in-game tomorrow. It sells early access. So of course the highest value things will arrive at higher frequency in cash offers first, before they become more common in-game later.

This is not just reasonable, it is *desirable*. There's only two things people buy in large amounts. Things you can't get in the game now, or things you can't get in the game at all. Of the two, the former is better for the game than the latter. Making exclusive items that you cannot get at all in-game creates paywalls. Making items easier to get or more frequently available in cash offers first, and then in-game later, just annoys the impatient. The rest of us can just hum along and play the game, knowing that what the spenders are getting now we will be getting later even if we don't spend. And I'm more than fine with that.

T5CC is actually way more available in-game than I ever thought it would be. It is starting to rain T5CC fragments, albeit at a relatively slow rate now. But when you consider that a rank 3 upgrade requires one T5CC and four T5B, in effect the T5CC we're earning is actually at least four times more valuable than the T5B fragments we earn, fragment for fragment. The 10% here and 10% there that the game is making available now is comparable to getting 80% of a T5B in relative earning power, if not more (because this completely discounts the costs to rank 2). It is actually a super high rate for what is supposed to be the highest and rarest upgrade catalyst in the game. I'm not complaining they are rare. I'm worried Kabam is burning up the 6* rank up ladder too quickly. The day of reckoning of what to do next is approaching several times faster than I thought it would be.
    *Light occasions showers of t5cc

I do recognize there are lots of opportunities for crystals, but I was referring to the selector. Since the selector is the only 100% guaranteed value.
    My recollection is that the T5CC selectors that an F2P player could snag are the 25% selector in Act 6 and the 10% selector that was in the Omega Boss Rush. So that's 40% of a T5CC available through selectors. Correct me if I have overlooked something. How much total T5CC has been released in cash offers so far? There was a 15% one recently in a unit store offer I believe. I don't recall selectors being in the July 4 deals, and I think if they existed in cash offers prior to July 4 they'd appear there. So does anyone know how many T5CC selectors, and of what amount, have appeared for sale between July 4 and now? How much larger a total quantity is that then the 40% that free to play players could get?
    I’ll try to check via Prof Hoff’s offer reviews.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Have the same opinion. Thronebreaker is more a blackmail than a title.

And the rewards you can get by playing are so bad. Watch out for Cybermonday. You can get there more rewards for 300$ than for 100% every content in the game. Anyway, I won't spend.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    @Masterpuff
    Well, they still have to complete Act 6 once. If they have the money to buy all those offers, they should have enough money to pay their way through Abyss for one full guaranteed T5CC anyway.
    WOLF_LINK said:

@Masterpuff
    Well, they still have to complete Act 6 once. If they have the money to buy all those offers, they should have enough money to pay their way through Abyss for one full guaranteed T5CC anyway.

That’s true, but the problem is that these selectors are all guaranteed to give the value you want. Even the Exploration rewards could give you the class that you already have. Look at KarateMiike for example. Poor guys gets 2 classes, both of which he doesn’t have many good options for.
    Ebony_Naw said:

WOLF_LINK said:

@Masterpuff

That’s true, but the problem is that these selectors are all guaranteed to give the value you want. Even the Exploration rewards could give you the class that you already have. Look at KarateMiike for example. Poor guys gets 2 classes, both of which he doesn’t have many good options for.
    Abyss exploration gives you value in the sense that if you were unable to use your first t5cc, it gives you an almost certain chance of using it upon exploration. I'm of the opinion that the nexus should be sent in mail, but that's a lost debate given that Kabam has said they won't do that for the time being.
    That’s very true. And I agree about the mail thing, however I have seen/known people who still got garbage from their Nexus, which is unlikely but possible.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I mean, I was briefly tied up in knots over the T5cc and how to get to thronebreaker stuff. Then I remembered:

-I’m not in an alliance and likely never will be again

-I have just as much (or more) fun taking my baby accounts through uncollected as I do completing act 6 content with my main.

-I don’t care that much

And those factors have made all the difference!

• IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★

Lormif said:

Vivek_786 said:

Exactly that's what I said when thronebreaker is released..
    Pay cash for t5cc or stay as a cavalier and watch thronebreaker having good rewards..
    Else complete abyss or act6 100% ..
    or the more else is leave the game until some t5cc earning content is released..
    This is going to be a huge cash grab by kabam..

Isn't that who thronebreaker is meant for?
    Yeah that’s the intention. Also I’m not sure what these great rewards he speaks of are from, I sure haven’t noticed anything incredibly special.
    thronebreaker daily is pretty game changing.
    Little t4b and t4c ya, it’s pretty nice ya
    I also noticed that after the initial launch, where we were getting T5B, T2A and 5* champs, the pulls have normalised.
    Similar complaints from other TB on the pulls being quite common.

You see a bunch of T4CC and T4B nowadays. Mostly half a Cat, so let alone a full one.
    The best that I got for the whole of last week was 9k T2A shards.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

@DNA3000
    Oct. 27–Limit 1–10% selector
    Oct. 17–Tiered offer—after spending 50$, 15% selector for an additional 50$
    Sep. 8–Limit 2–Had 10% selector
    Aug. 28–Limit 1- 10% Selector
    (There were also offers containing t5cc crystals but that isn’t a big deal.)

This totals to 55%
    If you add to this the 40% that all people were given as you previously mentioned, bam. 95% OF A FULL T5CC.

Please keep in mind, this is available to any chump. Someone who just completed act 6, hasn’t touched the Abyss and hasn’t done any content that gives t5cc, if they know who they want to take up, they could form almost a full one without completing any of the content Kabam said you should have to do to obtain this title.

I would also like to point out exploring the abyss doesn’t even have that much guaranteed value in terms of t5cc, and it’s the hardest content in the game.

So what is that total cash value? $50 plus $100 plus another $100? Which would wind up being $250 or 2.5 Odins?

With the right champs and a solid slate of free crystals, that would seem to supply enough units to make a single Abyss run, no?

All of which seems odd to me, when I think about it...

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%
    If you add to this the 40% that all people were given as you previously mentioned, bam. 95% OF A FULL T5CC.

Please keep in mind, this is available to any chump. Someone who just completed act 6, hasn’t touched the Abyss and hasn’t done any content that gives t5cc, if they know who they want to take up, they could form almost a full one without completing any of the content Kabam said you should have to do to obtain this title.

I would also like to point out exploring the abyss doesn’t even have that much guaranteed value in terms of t5cc, and it’s the hardest content in the game.

So what is that total cash value? $50 plus $100 plus another $100? Which would wind up being $250 or 2.5 Odins?

With the right champs and a solid slate of free crystals, that would seem to supply enough units to make a single Abyss run, no?

Dr. Zola
    300$. But you also get all the other resources. This would get you an abyss run without aegon or a stash of revives I think.
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Ya they only care if you’re spending money

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%

That sounds right to me. At least this is a better representation of the issue. It isn't that F2P players have no access and spenders have huge access, it is that spenders have been able to buy about one and a third more than what is generally available in the game. Personally, I don't consider 1.38x the in-game availability to be an excessive advantage for spenders for the highest tier rank up catalyst in the game, but I leave that to others to decide for themselves.
    DNA3000 said:

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%

That sounds right to me. At least this is a better representation of the issue. It isn't that F2P players have no access and spenders have huge access, it is that spenders have been able to buy about one and a third more than what is generally available in the game. Personally, I don't consider 1.38x the in-game availability to be an excessive advantage for spenders for the highest tier rank up catalyst in the game, but I leave that to others to decide for themselves.
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. F2P just have a smaller access.

WOLF_LINK said:

@Masterpuff

@Masterpuff Y'all always gotta be reminding me of my T5CC luck.....
    I’m so sorry...

DrZola said:

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%

Dr. Zola
    300$. But you also get all the other resources. This would get you an abyss run without aegon or a stash of revives I think.
    Honestly, it surprises me it’s that low—assuming you were someone who wanted the Thronebreaker title and perqs absent the slog through Abyss.

In most areas, the game punishes impatience. And judging by the thread complaining about the R3 requirement, the team considers TB to be a super-elite pinnacle.

Which is what puzzles me. I suspect a fair number of slightly non-chump spenders would drop that $300 (or a good bit less if they had decent luck from Act 6 or Variant or other T5 shard crystals they may have popped) without blinking and feel like they got one of the game’s more decent deals.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%

Dr. Zola
    Honestly, it surprises me it’s that low—assuming you were someone who wanted the Thronebreaker title and perqs absent the slog through Abyss.

In most areas, the game punishes impatience. And judging by the thread complaining about the R3 requirement, the team considers TB to be a super-elite pinnacle.

Which is what puzzles me. I suspect a fair number of slightly non-chump spenders would drop that $300 (or a good bit less if they had decent luck from Act 6 or Variant or other T5 shard crystals they may have popped) without blinking and feel like they got one of the game’s more decent deals.

Dr. Zola
    $300 for 55% of a T5CC in selectors (which doesn't even include everything else in the offers) does seem low to me. I wonder what that says for the offers coming up Cyber weekend. I'm also curious to know if we'll see selectors, even small ones (i.e. 10%) in pure unit offers.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    $300 for 55% of a T5CC in selectors (which doesn't even include everything else in the offers) does seem low to me. I wonder what that says for the offers coming up Cyber weekend. I'm also curious to know if we'll see selectors, even small ones (i.e. 10%) in pure unit offers.
    As someone who doesn’t spend almost anything, I would be willing to consider good TB t5cc $ deals for less than 50$ I might consider it.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

@DNA3000

This totals to 55%

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Possible, and I think the team would be foolish not to. I assume they are working to make sense of the signals they’ve gotten on T5 offers this month.

Dr. Zola
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Straight facts