**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on updates to Cav Difficulty?

Comments

• Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Holy **** some of you guys are delusional when it comes to rewards for something this easy.

Easy or not the rewards suck, period.
    And it's not like people are asking for a T5CC or two, just something more reasonable for roster progression.
    They're easily worth it for me and if I'm this much farther ahead of most of you as far as roster progression and still think they are, don't you think some of you have some unrealistic expectations?

I'm not sure what others are asking for but 40x2% T5CC crystals averages at about 6k T5CC per class per month. Which, from Cav EQ alone, would get you a whole T5CC in 7-8 months per class. To me that* doesn't seem too unrealistic. But I respect where you are in the game and if you think that's a lot then it's something to consider.
    80% of a t5c for cav difficulty is absurd
    Lol random classes dude not one class. 80% across 6 classes so that's about 13% per class per month.
    Doesn’t matter if it’s random or not, 80% is 80%
    Kinda does though, it would slow your progression to R3ing 6-stars. Instead of ranking up* a 6-star every month, you'd get all the fully formed catalysts in 7-8 months.
    Nope, it doesn’t matter how they’re broken up. If you did 80% from cav, plus you get 20% from side quest and 40% from aq, that’s 1.4 a month. That means 7* and that’s a hard pass for me
    Fair point. I concede that I didn't consider other aspects like AQ and objectives, and the 7* argument is convincing enough for me lol.
    Oy dreamin you still have nightmares from rhino?
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Berjibs said:

Are we not already getting 30% from cav and the side quests per month currently?

Always got the option of abyss too if you need r3. It’s not hard just a resources drain.

How is a "resources drain" also "not hard"?
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 766 ★★★
    I’m ok with the rewards. I’d like for it to be tuned down some as far as the difficulty goes.

Before you start with “too hard, don’t do it”

If YOU are complaining about the rewards and not the difficulty...aren’t WE just complaining about the same thing?

Same rewards lower difficulty = better rewards same difficulty

You’re saying the difficulty is too much for the low rewards.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

People in masters alliances are latterly swimming in t5cc, cav difficulty is giving 10% t5cc of a random class every month. And yet there's people here in the thread thinks that's alot.

It should be at least 25% considering there's 1/6 chance to get the class you want and also the RNG factor.

You realize you can get more t5cc from a month of AQ no matter what you rank, than finishing Master in AW right?
  • Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    So we're still getting a measly 21 5* sig stones total for that gruelling Cav exploration? Okay. I don't give two f's about these changes then.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I’m ok with the rewards. I’d like for it to be tuned down some as far as the difficulty goes.

Before you start with “too hard, don’t do it”

If YOU are complaining about the rewards and not the difficulty...aren’t WE just complaining about the same thing?

Same rewards lower difficulty = better rewards same difficulty

You’re saying the difficulty is too much for the low rewards.

I guess you could look at it that way. But no, Id rather increased difficulty and increased rewards.
    Atm the rewards are just eh, and tbh the difficulty isn’t as challenging as they originally described it to be.
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    completion rewards, changing the globals every month and not having the same ones (biohazard, diss track, buffed up, etc) cz it makes us use the same champions every month and it gets boring, the rest is fine
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

People keep looking at this stuff in small bubbles and just wanna segregate sections out that help their argument. So far each month between the EQ, side quest, and challenge there's been 30% of a t5cc available. There's another 40% per month available from AQ regardless of your prestige/ranking that you can get just from finishing the map every day. That's 70% of a cat available every month that takes zero spending, has no dependence on being in a "top" alliance, and doesn't even take AW into account.

If people are choosing to ignore other areas of the game that resources are available, that doesn't mean they aren't available. That's just people being picky in what they're willing to do and expecting the game balance to change to suit them which is ridiculous.

Logic has no places on these forums. Everything you said makes perfect sense and that's also not allowed here either.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Berjibs said:

Are we not already getting 30% from cav and the side quests per month currently?

Always got the option of abyss too if you need r3. It’s not hard just a resources drain.

20% if the side event has it. 10% from Cav. 10% from a SQ and if they continue with objectives, another 10%.
  • Options

People in masters alliances are latterly swimming in t5cc, cav difficulty is giving 10% t5cc of a random class every month. And yet there's people here in the thread thinks that's alot.

It should be at least 25% considering there's 1/6 chance to get the class you want and also the RNG factor.

You realize you can get more t5cc from a month of AQ no matter what you rank, than finishing Master in AW right?
    @Worknprogress can you explain how? While keeping the point of no matter what to rank.
    Running map 7 with max modifiers gets you a 10% t5cc crystal every week regardless of rank from honor rewards
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    @Worknprogress I don’t think people are choosing to ignore the T5CC in AQ. That takes time for alliances to build up to. Especially if they’ve never run map 7 before, let alone with epic mods added in. I can’t speak on that difficulty as I’ve never done it.

The rest I agree with. The rewards for it are mostly fine, save for the T2A. We get 20% of T5CC for free each month without having to try particularly hard, and with UC + Cav + Side Quest it’s a 6* a month. I don’t get why people think the rewards are insanely subpar
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

@Worknprogress I don’t think people are choosing to ignore the T5CC in AQ. That takes time for alliances to build up to. Especially if they’ve never run map 7 before, let alone with epic mods added in. I can’t speak on that difficulty as I’ve never done it.

The rest I agree with. The rewards for it are mostly fine, save for the T2A. We get 20% of T5CC for free each month without having to try particularly hard, and with UC + Cav + Side Quest it’s a 6* a month. I don’t get why people think the rewards are insanely subpar

Some people don't have the ability, time, or desire for higher tier AQ and I completely get that. Those people can't ignore the fact that there is still t5cc available there that you can get based completely on your alliance's ability to finish the content though.

The game can't be balanced on an a la carte level to where only what each player wants or is able to do is relevant when considering balance.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

It’s not realistic to be able to solo every fight with skill. It’s more about preparation (or spending) endurance and perseverance.

While some fights can be soloed using particular champs the majority will be subject to the hit count meaning revives are inevitable. The best players out there are burning resources on it.

Collector for eg is just a revive bin.

It just boils down to having a stash of potions or units. Not like the champion or whatever where an unskilled player can be eternally frustrated by the fight. Anyone can clear abyss it’s just how much resources you use. The fights aren’t hard, just long and there’s a lot of them. It’s easier than LOL, less evade, can parry etc.

For me it was getting my head down and doing something I never do for a couple weeks, arena, rinsing a4 for revives and then just blasting through it. Much more fun content out there imo but it was worth it to get the title.
  • Options
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

It’s not realistic to be able to solo every fight with skill. It’s more about preparation (or spending) endurance and perseverance.

While some fights can be soloed using particular champs the majority will be subject to the hit count meaning revives are inevitable. The best players out there are burning resources on it.

It just boils down to having a stash of potions or units. Not like the champion or whatever where an unskilled player can be eternally frustrated by the fight. Anyone can clear abyss it’s just how much resources you use. The fights aren’t hard, just long and there’s a lot of them. It’s easier than LOL, less evade, can parry etc.

For me it was getting my head down and doing something I never do for a couple weeks, arena, rinsing a4 for revives and then just blasting through it. Much more fun content out there imo but it was worth it to get the title.
    Are you said top players aren't solo'ing most fights in Cav difficultly?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

He's talking about Abyss
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

No mate cav eq is a joke.

Was answering about abyss as an alternate route to T5cc.
  • Options
    furgburgiesfurgburgies Posts: 8
    I think the changes are terrible as now kabam has an excuse to not buff the rewards
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

So in other words, there's no such thing as "hard" content because you can grind out all the revives in the world to get past it. No such thing as a hard boss, cause I could save up 1200 units to revive past him. No such thing as a hard war encounter, cause I could use 10 small revives on Corvus.
    That's dumb. I don't care if you're the most skilled player in the world, needing tons of revives to get through Abyss means it's hard content.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @furgburgies well I guess thats why they mad it easier haha

Dont want use getting more lol :cry:
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    The rewards and difficulty match IMO.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i know the 10% random T5CC crystal we get from the Cav Difficulty is not enough, in addition to the extra 10% from objectives. Soon or later the T6 cat will come out and thus making the T5 way more accessible.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

i know the 10% random T5CC crystal we get from the Cav Difficulty is not enough, in addition to the extra 10% from objectives. Soon or later the T6 cat will come out and thus making the T5 way more accessible.

I strongly disagree. This is monthly, the rewards need to be balanced so end game players don’t outpace the game even more. But the special objective I still think should be a selector.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

What do you consider reasonable for T5CC as a reward? 4 months ago outside of Alliance, act 6, and abyss you literally couldn’t get T5CC without paying for it. Now we get 20% a month totally free. 5* R5 are still just as valuable as ever, and I don’t think the meta has come close to shifting towards R3 6* yet. I genuinely want to know what people deem an acceptable amount for a resource that’s been incredibly scarce for the past year.
  • Options
    Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    I didn't like the update. I would prefer an harder difficulty with buffed rewards
  • Options

I don't think they will change the rewards, since day one and we're saying it's lame even seatin made a video about and still they didn't even mention it or responded to any fourm post regarding how meh the rewards are

As they shouldn't. I'm glad they aren't just bending over everytime people complain. I was getting nervous when they changed Summoner Showdown because people can't handle challenges.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

So in other words, there's no such thing as "hard" content because you can grind out all the revives in the world to get past it. No such thing as a hard boss, cause I could save up 1200 units to revive past him. No such thing as a hard war encounter, cause I could use 10 small revives on Corvus.
    That's dumb. I don't care if you're the most skilled player in the world, needing tons of revives to get through Abyss means it's hard content.
    Nope. You’re totally missing the point. Have you played abyss?
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Nope. You’re totally missing the point. Have you played abyss?
    If something drains resources... it is hard content. Otherwise, nothing is hard since you can just revive through it all.