**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I have a question for F2P players.

Comments

• BenderBender Posts: 163
    I play this game since October 2015. Never spend a dime, even when (back in the day) there was that infamous $1 4* offer.

For me the game is fun and a good distraction from life. It helps that ive been in management across many alliances.

Its all about patience and progressing your account with hard work. Nobody asks you to play this game 24/7. Finding a good alliance is key to limit play time.

Yes i do get jealous by others who pull great champs, but over time, i started to understand those champs will come towards me as well.

I think because i slowly get better skilled, grow my roster slower than "whales" i enjoy this game longer. If i put money in this game, i wouldve ragequit a billion times before. In the end ive only wasted time in this game, and i dont regret that (besides during recruitment😂)
  • Rohit_316 said:

DarkZen said:

... i play the game to pass the time... sure i will take part in AQ/AW and Event Quest. Everything else im not bothered or have little interest... Now if i can get my hands on G2099 would be awesome

For g99 luck , you gotta sppppppeeeennnnndddd
    False, I got her in almost each avail star level without spending on her. RNGesus likes to give me G99
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    DarkZen said:

... rather spend my money on beer but hey...

This game has seen more of my money on July 4th than it would have if this pandemic hadn't happened and the pubs hadn't shut. Once they're open again, it'll go back to setting a lot less.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    I've spent some money on this game, but not much. I only buy low-level priced stuff that I think is worth it. I don't feel the need to spend money to enjoy the game and I am playing at my own pace and I don't really give a fudge about how anyone else is doing and what monster-roster they have.

as for the looking at Aston Martins crack, at least if you look at a guy with loads of fast cars' drive he might let you take one out for a spin. You can't take someone else's roster for a spin.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Your way of thinking confuses me. I know it is where most people my age (31) and younger are it in this time and day. But if you do (or in this case spend) less than someone else. How can you ever expect to get the same. That goes for all things in life. Be it a game or work or the house you can buy. If you do not put in the same amount of effort, money or are lucky enough someone can give you a great boost you will never ever have the same as someone who does. Only if you are crazy lucky.
    If you view things in life and this game this way you will never get salty. They deserve to get all those great champs. Because of the whales I can play this game for free. And also get amazing champs. I just can't open 30 crystals for that new shiny 6 star.
    And actually. The hunt for champs is what makes this game enjoyable to me. I bet. When I pulled my Aegon 2 weeks ago after hunting him for over a year. I felt far more satisfied than the guy who put 100 dollars in the game and got him right away. It feels good to work hard for your stuff. Even if it is a little less awesome as someone who puts in the same amount of effort, but on top of that spends a lot of money to gain what he wants.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Although im no longer f2p, i have spent very little. And i dont mind all the whales, its almost funny watching some of them blow hundreds on cavs for almost no benefit. But also a bit sad to watch.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    I’ve been f2p since I started in 2/2018. Even though I see some of the awesome stuff those that can get when they spend, at the same time, I don’t let it get me down. Rather, it’s a motivating factor and helps me to learn from my mistakes and do things differently since I can only play based on the resources I can come by in game. It definitely makes those awesome pulls feel really sweet when they happen.

I totally recognize we wouldn’t have a lot of the continuing content we have without those of y’all that spend, so I thank y’all for your contribution to the game because it keeps me playing more.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    I am playing for three yrs now and a little more. For three yrs got all the champs and their dupes which ppl will happily want to delete if possible. Yes every time it broke my heart when all those hard earned shards gave groots,kamalas, rockets, agent venom, cyclops. It hurts even more when the rarely earned six stars turns out to be jugs, Bishop, groots. But never got tempted to spend money. Because I was clear from start am willing to spend free time but not money as that gets better things in life.
    I didn't even do too hard content as I never had cg or domino or such top damage champs. Yes every time the crystals rolled I prayed for cg but prayers were never answered , till date. But I kept playing, why? Because I felt it's the game challenging me to quit out of frustration, but I wanted to dare the game itself that however much craps u give me neither will I spend nor will I quit. Do whatever u can, let's see who has the last laugh. That is what keeps me going. I dare this game itself. Come try break me baby 😜
  • heruheru511heruheru511 Posts: 164 ★★
    I've been playing this game since it came out. Retired in 2018 and just made a new account on June this year.

I came back because I needed to do something to help me pass my free time. And this game also helps me with coping with my depression and anxiety, so basically an escape for me.

I don't really care much about spender tho, one thing I learn from all this year is that you will get and finish everything you want in this game. Its just a matter of when.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    I've been playing this game since it came out, and the only money I've ever spent on the game is the 1 dollar 4* summoners choice crystal that was released like 4 years ago. Purely free to play besides that

There's obviously some jealousy seeing people get some crazy good stuff from the money offers, but overall it doesn't really bother me too much like you can complete all the content in the game without having to spend a single dollar, it may take more time, but that just makes it all the more satisfying.

I would love one day to just whale out and buy everything but I am not quite in the position to be able to spend Seatin levels of money on the game yet. Maybe when I do I'll spend some money but for the forseeable future I stay FTP.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I've been playing this game since it came out. Retired in 2018 and just made a new account on June this year.

I came back because I needed to do something to help me pass my free time. And this game also helps me with coping with my depression and anxiety, so basically an escape for me.

I don't really care much about spender tho, one thing I learn from all this year is that you will get and finish everything you want in this game. Its just a matter of when.

Same for me yeah..
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 466 ★★★

And always remember this is a game meant for fun

I feel like a lot of people nowadays forget that games are supposed to be fun.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

What makes you stick to the game for years ? Don't you get salty when you see a whale pulling champs you dream of ? Haven't you ever decided to quit as you can't pull whom you need ? Aren't you tempted to whale out even once ? How do you go with a positive approach of continuous bad luck or long progression time ?

Why do you assume my luck is bad? I am pulling great champ after great champ as 5*. My problem is since I keep pulling great champs I don't have enough rankup resources.

I only have three 6* but my luck hasn't been great, but not terrible either.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've been demoralized at times when I've gone months and months without a single good new champ, never having any luck whatsoever with featured crystals/cavs, and with some of the worst 6* luck I've ever seen. Most of the time I just expect bad luck and play the game because I enjoy the game.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Chikel said:

Rohit_316 said:

Chikel said:

Well, I don't have the money to spend in the first place so I don't really have a choice. The exchange rate here is through the roof. Maybe I will start spending if Kabam introduces regional pricing.

Agree to lot of extent. I do a lil bit of spending , but buying Odin for e.g or any early access bundle is way expensive. 100$ Odin = 8k INR in my currency.
    100$ here is N38k. The minimum wage is 30k and a lot of people earn way below that.
    the minimum wage in the states is $7.25 an hour
    Here it is calculated per month
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    I keep playing because the game is fun.

Why should I care what champs other people get?

Free to play also means I’m taking my time a bit with the endgame content since I can’t item my way through it on the week of release (did one path of abyss, act6 explored 54%). There’s always a path I can do with my champs.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I'm not f2p as I buy the sigil and I'll probably get a 10$ offer for cyber weekend, but from my point of view, it's all about how much fun I have, not about what anyone else is doing. I don't think it would be fun to just get everything in the game really fast, it's more fun to work for it, makes you feel more accomplished
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Although I want to be a F2P, I actually spent 1k dollars on this game after two-year playing.....
  • shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    @Rohit_316 The answer is simply No
    I never thought of quitting
    Completed Act 6..
    Varients ..
    LOL..
    And other stuff
    I know it takes time being F2P
    But it might take time but it'll happen for sure
    And yeah I'll play this game till death hehehe
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    shivam1 said:

@Rohit_316 The answer is simply No
    I never thought of quitting
    Completed Act 6..
    Varients ..
    LOL..
    And other stuff
    I know it takes time being F2P
    But it might take time but it'll happen for sure
    And yeah I'll play this game till death hehehe

Insightful xD
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,205 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 has a point. i havnt spent and I dont compare my roster with someone else. My units I get from Monthly EQ (Boring arena if I have to) I play at my own pace. I like teasing other people of they get jelly of other pulls.

I can also leave my ally and join a decent 1 with good AW etc. But I have been in my ally for almost 2 years.
  • crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Idk the game is just fun
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    F2P here and just remember it's a game. The game is really fun, love the strategy, love the Marvel champs and lore, graphics are amazing, something always to keep you on your toes. Just be thankful for what you got and no need to be jealous of others. Everyone plays the game different ways (different amount of time, effort and money invested) and that is ok. Just as in life, not everyone has to have the same things to be happy.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    I'm a med college student, so no money to spend on games. And I like the characters and the game mechanics enough to keep playing.
  • ANGRYEAGLEANGRYEAGLE Posts: 149
    I consider it a collecting game. If I get bad pulls it’s ok, because I am trying to get them all. I am mostly low pay to play. I’ve probably spent less than $100.