Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

(Hypothetical) Pick a free 6 Star R3 Sig 200 Champion! (With a catch)

124»

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,818 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hmm interesting. Everyone avoids the best of the best, thinking people would go for them. But if everyone has this mentality, then the top options would be free, correct? Wrong! That same mentality would also make people go for those top options.

Buuuut, if that makes players go for the best options, then those options aren't free. So if those options are perceived to not be free by everyone, then they would be free. Buuut if they're thought to be free, them they aren't free.

Some people will pick the best options because they didn't read the instructions carefully. Enough of these exist to knock out all the top options.

Some people will assume the top options will get knocked out and try to pick the worst options to avoid them. Enough people will do this to knock those out as well.

Some people will realize that both the top and the bottom are likely to snag a lot of votes, and go looking for something that is neither. But these kinds of people are unlikely to all gravitate to the same champ, so they are likely to distribute themselves randomly among these. Random chance will knock out some of these, and leave some completely unchosen. A few will have the requisite small number of votes.

The best strategy might be to make a list of all the champs, cross out all the top performers, cross out all of the notably bad performers, then cross out all the ones with decent name recognition. Then throw a dart at whatever is left, and pick the champ the dart hits. This choice is guaranteed to be a choice not influenced by any of your biases, and thus it is impossible you might subconsciously gravitate to a champ a lot of like-minded people will also pick.
    unless of course, you’re bad at darts. I’d assign every remaining champion a number, plug those numbers as the boundaries for a random number generator, and select the first one that shows up. Like all things in this game, the decision comes down to RNG.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Hmm interesting. Everyone avoids the best of the best, thinking people would go for them. But if everyone has this mentality, then the top options would be free, correct? Wrong! That same mentality would also make people go for those top options.

Buuuut, if that makes players go for the best options, then those options aren't free. So if those options are perceived to not be free by everyone, then they would be free. Buuut if they're thought to be free, them they aren't free.

Some people will pick the best options because they didn't read the instructions carefully. Enough of these exist to knock out all the top options.

Some people will assume the top options will get knocked out and try to pick the worst options to avoid them. Enough people will do this to knock those out as well.

Some people will realize that both the top and the bottom are likely to snag a lot of votes, and go looking for something that is neither. But these kinds of people are unlikely to all gravitate to the same champ, so they are likely to distribute themselves randomly among these. Random chance will knock out some of these, and leave some completely unchosen. A few will have the requisite small number of votes.

The best strategy might be to make a list of all the champs, cross out all the top performers, cross out all of the notably bad performers, then cross out all the ones with decent name recognition. Then throw a dart at whatever is left, and pick the champ the dart hits. This choice is guaranteed to be a choice not influenced by any of your biases, and thus it is impossible you might subconsciously gravitate to a champ a lot of like-minded people will also pick.
    I wouldn't use a dart either. What if you subconsciously look at a champ and aim at it? And who would decide what champs have name recognition? Clearly, the best way is to use oracle bones
    same
  • Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    You know, I would say stealth suit, except hed be voted immediately. So no. not stealth suit.
  • Options
    hiennvhiennv Posts: 15
    I would choose Havok B)
  • Options
    Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 193 ★★
    Phoenix for prestige and hopefully a buff sooner rather than later
    Also one of my fav marvel characters
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

unless of course, you’re bad at darts. I’d assign every remaining champion a number, plug those numbers as the boundaries for a random number generator, and select the first one that shows up. Like all things in this game, the decision comes down to RNG.
    You could save some time by opening PHCs. Eliminate all the good, bad, and popular champs. The first pull that isn't one of those, pick that one.
  • Options
    avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    It's just a survey right?but why are they conducting it
  • Options
    shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    6* Archangel
  • Options
    ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Gwenpool..love her bleed and incinerate plus she would most likely fly under the radar!
  • Options
    SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 494 ★★★
    Venom
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,324 ★★★★
    Red Hulk, sort of is forgotten.. with ten heat charge his attack is pretty formidable.. plus I have Domino and Masacre duped and ready for him.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I would pick either Rogue (hoping for a tweak), Mr. Sinister (part of the Apocalyps puzzle), Psylocke (hoping for Apocalyps synergy) or Yondu (hoping for buff).
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    Will probably go for Nebula! Don't worry guys, I will not use the word 'underrated', but she is a very decent champ!
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    prolly claire, very few people care abt her sig they think its close to useless and wont "waste" it on her, so ye, imagine if they actually do that tho lol that would be sick but too op
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    I think I would shoot for under the radar/forgotten champs, champs with strong synergies and/or champs who need high sig.

Rogue, Mr. F, Rhulk, Emma, She-Hulk—all of those would be possibilities, although some of them wouldn’t really benefit from being Sig 200.

Could I get away with Sentinel or Morningstar? Killmonger or Void? Maybe...

Ultimately I probably wind up with either Rogue, Morningstar or She-Hulk. Of those, She-Hulk benefits least from her sig, so it’s either Rogue or Morningstar. Between those two, it’s a toss-up.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Personally, I would pick Sorcerer Supreme. A nice amount of damage coupled with her utility (plus a bigger health pool) would be awesome to have. I think she’s a little overlooked though, making it a safe enough choice for me
  • Options
    Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    Mauled said:

Venompool

Damn, me too, so that's only 3 left!