**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★

They're literally meaningful, difficult to obtain, and specific to content.

What content are they specific to? 100% story can potentially net someone the cat but rng can be r3 groot, og dd, og cap, pat, fixit or diablo. If you want to r3 those champs as I seen on forums someone loves diablo and did it cause he wants to that is fantastic but forcing anyone to rank that person is not. I am a lowly cav that does the 4* challenge itemless, nerfed act 6 champion i was doing 2 lanes in 1 go to save time itemless (bar refills not even a boost). It's a kick in the teeth seeing people that only ran through act 6 but bought all the cats available be further in progress than me. No biggie figure i could use this cyber weekend get some resources that help my act 6 push and more items that truly help my account to boot. I personally didn't ask for much just not a stupid r5 gem but the cats instead and swap that t5 random to a selector.

I'm at 50% of every single t5c
    7 r2 6*
    12 r5 5* (with 2 gems that meh I'll get around to)
    19 r4 5*

31 6* in general 4 duped with rhulk at 60 dupe

And I can very easily have to decide (if I get t5c skill) if I want to r3 og dd for the title.

Not all cavalier are the same that is for sure. Titles should never include rng.
    That's just it. Someone can make the argument that the Meta Champs are all that matter, Kabam shouldn't make garbage, no way in hell I'm taking an IP to R3, yadda, yadda, yadda. The fact is, that's a choice. The RNG argument only stretches as far as getting a Cat and having a Champ of that Class. It's still a choice not to Rank what we have.
    I never made that argument you did. I would r3 say a yandu. Is he ghost no but he has some usefulness. What useful does pat have.
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    One thing for certain, I'm stoked for Monday to come around so those offers don't have to be there anymore.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

They're literally meaningful, difficult to obtain, and specific to content.

What content are they specific to? 100% story can potentially net someone the cat but rng can be r3 groot, og dd, og cap, pat, fixit or diablo. If you want to r3 those champs as I seen on forums someone loves diablo and did it cause he wants to that is fantastic but forcing anyone to rank that person is not. I am a lowly cav that does the 4* challenge itemless, nerfed act 6 champion i was doing 2 lanes in 1 go to save time itemless (bar refills not even a boost). It's a kick in the teeth seeing people that only ran through act 6 but bought all the cats available be further in progress than me. No biggie figure i could use this cyber weekend get some resources that help my act 6 push and more items that truly help my account to boot. I personally didn't ask for much just not a stupid r5 gem but the cats instead and swap that t5 random to a selector.

I'm at 50% of every single t5c
    7 r2 6*
    12 r5 5* (with 2 gems that meh I'll get around to)
    19 r4 5*

31 6* in general 4 duped with rhulk at 60 dupe

And I can very easily have to decide (if I get t5c skill) if I want to r3 og dd for the title.

Not all cavalier are the same that is for sure. Titles should never include rng.
    That's just it. Someone can make the argument that the Meta Champs are all that matter, Kabam shouldn't make garbage, no way in hell I'm taking an IP to R3, yadda, yadda, yadda. The fact is, that's a choice. The RNG argument only stretches as far as getting a Cat and having a Champ of that Class. It's still a choice not to Rank what we have.
    I never made that argument you did. I would r3 say a yandu. Is he ghost no but he has some usefulness. What useful does pat have.
    It wasn't about him specifically. I was displaying the difference between need versus want. What people need for the Title is one R3. What they want is an R3 that is on a very short list compared to what's out there. Which means they compound their own RNG issues.
  • Options

One thing for certain, I'm stoked for Monday to come around so those offers don't have to be there anymore.

T minus 2 months and counting.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

I had a word censored from my post that corresponds to the current American president. That was confusing.

I’ve had comments removed. One of them simply noted that I thought Canada celebrated its version of Thanksgiving in October.

Still combing the forums rules to see which one that violates...

Dr. Zola
    I randomly flag innocuous comments when I get bored. Sorry.
  • Options
    Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Only way it’ll change peeps is 1 $top $pending & 2 keep voicing your opinions here. They’ll notice
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I had a word censored from my post that corresponds to the current American president. That was confusing.

Interesting to see that after four years of horror his five-letter surname is now a four-letter swear word
  • Options
    WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    Wow, so many people claiming their getting screwed by the deals. The only ones getting screwed here are the ones willing to hand all their money to kabam. Save your money for something worth it. (Former addict speaking)
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Why has kabam not commented on all this? There is a large majority of cav / Ftp players that are rightfully upset with how things are going and so far it’s been nothing but silence...
  • Options
    Noodes_Noodes_ Posts: 113

Man, I just realized had I just bought the 2 offers they had for the t5cc selectors a few weeks ago, I'd be throne breaker...I remember thinking to myself that it was unfathomable that they wouldn't be in the cash offers on cyber weekend and if id hold off id get a way better deal...did not see this coming!

Same, but I didn’t want to take the risk, so I bought those offers. Not trying to rub it in, just saying that probably nobody predicted THIS
  • Options
    Dromar_13Dromar_13 Posts: 56

So You all are telling me that Kabam thinks I'm at the same level of who actually has beaten Sentinel on first chapter, right?
    I got the wrong catalysts, RNG with fragments was so bad against me, so I cannot have a r3. I'm.Breaker of thrones, but I have Cavalier Title. Nice.

Im sure you have a 6* champ that you can take to r3, you just want the perfect champ to do it, sometimes you cant, I had to take Manthing to r3 because something told me that kabam was going to pull a fast one and I was right.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Why has kabam not commented on all this? There is a large majority of cav / Ftp players that are rightfully upset with how things are going and so far it’s been nothing but silence...

Well, they already did. Miike said earlier that they are taking the feedback and learning from it for future deals. Beyond that, there really isn't anything left to say or do. They won't just change the deals now because that will cause a whole other sh*tstorm. If they change the deals, what about the people like myself who already bought them? Do we get new items as well and the people who buy the new deals only get the new stuff? Do the people who bought the deals already miss out on the new deals? Do they get to buy them again?
    There really isn't any good choice for Kabam, any way they do it, people will be mad. I for one would be pissed if the deals got changed now and I either didn't get the new stuff in my inbox or if they asked me to pay for the deals again since I bought the deals under the information that they would not change. If I would get sent the new stuff, people would be upset that I got to essentially double dip on some of the offers.
    The best thing to do is just leave it, unfortunately.
  • Options

Bahubali said:

Bahubali said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Gifting event says hi
    People keep bringing up Gifting, but they don't stop to consider the numbers. How many people would have hit TB with CM versus how many people are going to actually benefit from Gifting? Think.
    Did you even see the rewards for gifting event..just go look at the solo rank rewards.. Doesn't matter if I'm conqueror, UC, CV or TB.. If I spend money, I can get the best rewards in the game.. Even Hardest of the quests(Abyss 100%/Act6 100%) wont give me those rewards. Game balance and your statement
    "Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales"
    are just jokes..

Money >>>>>>>> Skill
    120 people will get significant Rewards from Solo. 120, who will be spending tens of thousands of dollars to get it. The amount alone means they'll be earning it, but stop and think. 120 people, versus how many would have jumped to TB this weekend. I can assure you the number would have been much higher. There are always limitations to these things. Not even money can get past the game balance.
    Sir, game balance is a joke. See my post for more clarity.
    I've seen your Post. It lacks information.
    Gifting. Event. Cyber. Weekend. If you've seen these rewards and think that game balance is still in tact, you are braindead or don't play the game. Don't even get me started on beginner progression neither my guy
    I see. So you think because there are a limited amount available because of spending, game balance isn't a thing. You would be wrong. If game balance wasn't a thing, there would be no limitations on Resources. Everyone would be Thronebreaker, no one would have to wait for any Resource, no one would be able to play for free, and the Devs would work one day a week.
    Beginner progression is a) not the same as it used to be, and b) very different for someone learning to play the game and not starting an Alt. By all means, get started. Just have some substance to your conjecture.
    Game balance is totally in tact when you can spend your way to the top
    They gave t5c offers for purchase which bypasses the play wall

You can buy cavs after cavs and get champs, iso, gold, etc
    You for the most part don’t have to play much if at all to get a bomb account

People are mad and you aren’t gonna change that bickering
    They totally messed over a huge amount of players based on a ranked 3 6*
    That’s the issue and you really should just drop it because you aren’t helping
    Game balance has nothing to do with allowing F2P to catch up to, or go head-to-head with, spenders. There is no F2P vs. P2P. You just can't keep up with them. Nor is there a race to compete with the people already at Thronebreaker. Anyone who is well into the Title and never even batted an eyelash when it came out is not competing with people struggling to get their first R3. I think people are overestimating their position.
    Game balance changes as the situation changes. It's not even a specific number tally so much as it is keeping an overall pace for growth. Even the whaliest of whales can't change the fact that there are limits on how much you can buy. The idea that game balance is a myth is just petulant.
This discussion has been closed.