**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

John Mulaney Challenge: Most ideal roster?

Comments

• Options
    TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    edited December 2020

I used
    Doom : Howard
    G2099/NF : Gwenpool
    Corvus for the remaining

I had CaptIW with me too who was a nice backup for most the fights minus gwenpool.

Seen loads of different teams, thats just the one I brought with me from the first challenge to the last, seemed to work okay for me

@DoubleDelta how high did you end up getting persistent charges on Corvus?
    @TwistedTalentz cant remember the fights off the top of my head, but skipped Howard and Gwenpool (fell for the rage node first time and had to restart), got my first charge off the first tech (cant remember who it was) deadpool for the 2nd and mysterio fight had the benefit of him being reasonably ramped. Did the whole thing with 2 charges on corvus.
    Appreciate that thank you. Didn't really consider Corvus for it. I'll give it a shot.
  • Options

HT works for GP. Just bait the L1. He works for Howard as well, but I might try SS as was suggested here. Still working out the most effective run on the first Path before I make a run.

@GroundedWisdom unfortunately don't have HT either but he seems like such a great option with the ability to just melt opponents. I'm surprised you of all people haven't completed it yet
    Before I decide to do anything that long, I make sure I can do it reasonably, without using piles of Units.
    I completely agree. I'll do a few test runs but really waiting till HOH arrives to give it a shot incase I really need those revives. Plus farming some health pots from the MCOC punching bag.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

HT works for GP. Just bait the L1. He works for Howard as well, but I might try SS as was suggested here. Still working out the most effective run on the first Path before I make a run.

@GroundedWisdom unfortunately don't have HT either but he seems like such a great option with the ability to just melt opponents. I'm surprised you of all people haven't completed it yet
    Before I decide to do anything that long, I make sure I can do it reasonably, without using piles of Units.
    I completely agree. I'll do a few test runs but really waiting till HOH arrives to give it a shot incase I really need those revives. Plus farming some health pots from the MCOC punching bag.
    some videos from core players also helps:
    https://youtu.be/jyvIyI5NNzk

• Options
    Reference said:

some videos from core players also helps:
    https://youtu.be/jyvIyI5NNzk

Thank you much for this!
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Hi, would love to hear some advice. Planning on taking the challenge after the Halls of Healing with this team:

Pretty much decided:
    5*R5 Sorcerer Supreme for HTD (Add'l Block Prof from synergy with AA)
    5*R5 AA for Gwenpool and Deadpool
    5*R5 Quake for Warlock

Undecided:
    5*R5 Corvus for Mysterio(?)
    6*R2 Unawakened CMM for Mysterio(?)
    5*R5 AA for Mysterio(?)
    4*R5 NF for synergy(?)
    5*R3 Guardian for add'l block prof synergy(?)
    5*R4 Guilly 2099 (?)

Notes:
    No suicides
    No Aegon, BWCV, CAIW, Warlock above 4*
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 951 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    This is my Roster.....
    Who should I use and Approx how much Units?
    P.S _ I have a Max Sig R5 Fury for Synergy with CMM & BW CV HAS BEEN RANKED 4

• Options
    BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

Used Medusa on 2nd account and she works fine for Warlock and Mysterio.

With Warlock, make sure he has no power before you armor shatter him. After that, he is done like any other robot. Mysterio is trickier. I got to sp3, used it to go unblockable for the whole fight. Then kept pushing him to sp2. Also once you are unblockable, no need to parry him.

Did u face anything like this? How to prevent it? Check this
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/237478/warlock-medusa-bugged-interaction
  • Options
    edited December 2020

This is my Roster.....
    Who should I use and Approx how much Units?
    P.S _ I have a Max Sig R5 Fury for Synergy with CMM & BW CV HAS BEEN RANKED 4

I suggest you take a look of Dr. Zola’s suggestion:
    DrZola said:

Here’s some suggestions from another thread:

Howard The Duck - Quake, Archangel, Longshot, Doom, Void
    Gwenpool - Archangel, Void, Hyperion, maybe Hulkbuster as his specials hit hard, Quake but if you get hit you'll have to start transferring Bane back and forth
    Warlock - Doom or Corvus (if no Willpower), Quake if you have Willpower
    Deadpool - Really just anyone who can do the damage, Corvus, Void to reverse healing, Archangel
    Mysterio - Corvus or a Poison Immune like Hyperion, Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham - you can Parry/Heavy him with anyone with a quick Heavy - Doom, Captain Marvel. Just don't ever use an SP3 and let your power go back to 0

That may help. Good luck!

Dr. Zola

This is a skill based quest thus I suggest you better try out first and see how many paths (there are 6) you can work thru without using any health potion or revives. The target I set for myself was at least 4 when I did that. Power through is not recommended if you don’t understand those global nodes and individual buffs.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Btw, the range of units I saw so far from other players ranged from itemless to 2000 units.
  • Options
    ElwindElwind Posts: 364 ★★★
    İs it just me thinking Longshot is most effective hero in challenge ?
    1 or 2 L2 and enemy death because of the lot of buffs on global nodes
  • Options
    Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    I've used Hulk rag for warlock, guillotine 2099 for deadpool and sometime mysterio, venom for spider ham and sometimes mysterio, domino for gwenpool, and sorcerer supreme for Howard.

But I used them for the first chapter. I haven't done the second one yet.

Venom also negates spider-verse champions evades. So if you have trouble with spider ham he is a good choice too. Also someone mentioned to watch mysterio. He was annoying in the first chapter. I can imagine how he'll be in the second.

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    I know that people mention Venom as a good counter for the boss so as to ignore the evade, but can't anyone on the team used for the path just Parry/Heavy instead? Is there a specific reason to bring Venom as opposed to using that spot as another option for the path?
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Would this team work; Nick Fury, BWCV, Warlock, AA, CMM?
  • Options
    CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
    I did it with:
    5* r5 sig 200 Ægon (MVP)
    5* r4 sig 40 BWCV (MVP)
    5* r4 sig 20 Venom
    5* r4 sig 25 Nick Fury
    5* r4 sig 40 Corvus

It cost me:
    10 L2 revives (400 units)
    1 L1 revive (from objectives)
    ?# of health post
    ?# of boosts

AND YOU KNOW WHAT I GOT FOR MY EFFORTS!?!?!
    A 6* Mr. Sinister
    A 5* Invisible Woman
    (other options were Ebony and Storm)

: ( : ( : (

Good luck and beware
  • Options

Would this team work; Nick Fury, BWCV, Warlock, AA, CMM?

Definitely works.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Sadly I still don't have AA who seems like the top option for GP but I did the challenge with this team and used 8 20% revives, could've easily dropped that number to 5 or lower if I cut out a few mistakes. Used a 20% champion boost and 15% attack boost.

6* R2 Fury unduped
    5* R5 Hit Monkey sig 40
    5* R5 Guardian sig 200
    6* R3 Corvus unduped
    5* R5 Cap IW sig 200

Guardian took all the Howard's, solo on all 5. He doesn't trigger rage outside of occasionally on his sp2, but that wasn't an issue on the later ones. Hit Monkey took the first 3 Gwen's all solo, died on the 4th when unstoppable hit and couldn't transfer bane. Found him much more effective than Fury because fewer bleeds so didn't get the unstoppable trigger as often. When it came time to revive on the 4th and 5th GP it was all crit monkey, his sp2 absolutely melts her.

From there was the corvus show, solo 4 out of 5 warlocks and all the Deadpools. Ran out of charges on the last warlock and used one revive. Mysterio was a little more tricky, cost a few revives on the last two, should've been one revive each but messed up a bit on the last one. Overall wasn't too bad, made it through 3 lanes with the full team intact and mostly used revives from the stash. I can't recommend crit monkey more highly for this challenge to handle GP for anyone who has him on their roster.

Question about Guardian - when you used SP2, did Shock debuff apply or does the Global node prevent that from happening by taking away the armor buff?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Is the following team good enough for the challenge:
    5* r4 Archangel
    5*r5 Ghost
    5*r5 Quake
    5*r2 Wasp(for synergies)
    5* 4/55 Aegon or Cap Iw or 4* maxed out Hyperion(not sure who's the best)

How many units or revives will be needed approximately??
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    I know some of you are far more skilled than I am but here’s advice for anyone who is thinking about doing it.

1. I spent about 600 units - be sure you have some saved. It can definitely be done with less but I went with the Aegon 9 furies method for speed kills.

2. Make sure you have the right champs.

My champs were:
    Aegon - easily the MVP. Ramp him up on Deadpool. Remember, he gets a power gain at 50% health, he degenerates opponents at 15% health, and he gets a power bar for every special attack you use. I used Aegon for Deadpool, Warlock (from the second round on), Mysterio, and Spiderham.

Archangel - he was amazing - makes otherwise difficult fights relatively easy even with huge health pools. No regrets taking him to rank 5. He took down Howard the Duck and Gwenpool in all rounds.

Heimdal - his cheat death synergy was so clutch.

Warlock - he took down Warlock in the first round. Didn’t really do much after that.

Starlord - basically used only so I could make one combo mistake with Aegon via the synergy.
  • Options

Is the following team good enough for the challenge:
    5* r4 Archangel
    5*r5 Ghost
    5*r5 Quake
    5*r2 Wasp(for synergies)
    5* 4/55 Aegon or Cap Iw or 4* maxed out Hyperion(not sure who's the best)

How many units or revives will be needed approximately??

Switch Wasp with CAIW. I dunno if Ghost works but AA/CAIW and Aegon helped me a lot.

As an alternative view, you may estimate how many units you’re willing to sacrifice for the following rewards. Then that’s your maximum cost / bottom line for this quest.

• Options
    All the effort, all the units...
    For a 6* Iron Man, yes that one.
    And a 5* Cyclops New School. Cause he was the best option.

...Kabam, fix your champion drop rates.
  • Options
    mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
    My team:
    Guilly 2099 for htd (use sp3 when he’s at 2% to keep the soul)
    AA for the gwenpool (4 star works as well)
    Doom and medusa for warlock (use medusa’s sp3 once he’s at zero power to avoid him shaking off armor shatter if he uses his special) - remove willpower and salve masteries
    Mojo for Deadpool
    Guilly 2099 if you saved soul from htd, or medusa for Mysterio

Side note, once you get to 5mil followers with Mojo, he’s destroying everything...
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    edited December 2020

I only used 2 champs repeatedly. Guilly 2099 and Cap IW. Cap IW for Warlock and Mysterio. Guilly 2099 for Howard, Gwenpool, Deadpool. My team also consisted of Warlock, Sunspot and Venom. planned to use Venom but ended up using Cap IW instead. Cap IW was also useful against Warlock. planned to use Sunspot against Gwenpool but Guilly 2099 was more effective. Warlock was just added for Guilly’s power gain.

It’s pretty okay actually once you get used to the fights. I wasted more resources in the earlier fights than the later ones because I was still figuring out the best playstyle. used Guilly 2099 and end with SP3 for Howard, then used SP2 and SP1 for Gwenpool did not end the fight with SP3 as Deadpool fight was easy and I didn’t need to begin with 100 combos, ended Deadpool fight with SP3 for the next Howard fight. Cap IW for Mysterio and Warlock were pretty straightforward, repeat parry heavy then SP2. if you’re okay with dex-ing Warlock and Mysterio’s specials then you should be good.

How did you play cap against mysterio?
    Did you try to use his normal rotation of parry/heavy? How does that interact with the masochism?

Im also gonna use guilly for htd, and gp. But I'm planning on bringing aegon for skill synergy to cap iw, and just to ramp him up on deadpool.
    Rounding up the team
    Venom to back up against warlock and cosmic synergy.
    So my team would be:

Guilly > htd and gwen pool
    Aegon > skill synergy/ deadpool for ramp up
    Cap iw > warlock and mysterio.
    Venom > warlock back up

Should i bring hype as back up for mysterio?
    Whom else could fill the role of 5th wheel here?
    In advance thanks for the advise guys

Oh, also I got no warlock or bwcv. But I think I got most of any of the other top tier champs in the game as r5
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

Btw, the range of units I saw so far from other players ranged from itemless to 2000 units.

Some people clearly dont hoard free crystals lol
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Gotta say from the pulls ppl are getting for the work and effort they putting in makes me not want to even attempt chapter 2. I may settle for chapter 1 only