**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Blades Legend Run Time

FidoFido Member Posts: 13
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Just wanted to start a thread for people to post their Legend Run time for the Blades Quest.
I finished at 4:24. I feel this is a good time considering the difficulty of this quest compared to a few of the previous ones. People got 4:30 and got Legend title.

Comments

• Part_time_guy1Part_time_guy1 Member Posts: 25
    OP who did you use? I'm not attempting it.
  • KinggyyKinggyy Member Posts: 37
    Did you do it before or after the regen nerf? I think times will get calculated to factor that in as well
  • FlazinatorFlazinator Member Posts: 126
    I think your safe.
  • FidoFido Member Posts: 13
    I did it before his regen nerf. I used r4 Drax and Star Lord, Drax for non bleed immune and non mystic champs, Star Lord for everyone else. Nebula, Yondu, and Ronan for synergies.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,759 ★★★★★
    Fido wrote: »
    I did it before his regen nerf. I used r4 Drax and Star Lord, Drax for non bleed immune and non mystic champs, Star Lord for everyone else. Nebula, Yondu, and Ronan for synergies.
    mine and yours times is almost the same. But im dont Think im get it. Think my time is 4. 40 huers. So. Dont Think and cant rebmer my timer Becasse forget to. Sæt a timmer

• xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    This quest feels longer than the previous quests.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 9,020 ★★★★★
    Curious to know whether the consensus about which champs/teams to use has changed at all. Mutant crit/attack, GOTG, etc. still the way to go?

Dr. Zola
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,963 ★★★★★
    Might get it. The inhumans quest cut-off was less than 3:50, but it was more easy than the current one
    RichtheMan got 4:26 on that event and got it i thought....
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,963 ★★★★★
    So that might confirm there was an problem with the latest Legend run, because I know someone who did it in less than 4H and didn't got in the top 100
  • ronn23ronn23 Member Posts: 13
    Until what day can qualify still not doing it
    11th I think
  • Dudu_MarvadoDudu_Marvado Member Posts: 18
    Yes.. 11th until 10:00 PDT.
  • Dudu_MarvadoDudu_Marvado Member Posts: 18
    Fido... congrats... I think you got it! Your team is very good too! Just a question... is your phone an IOS or android?!
    tks
  • BDLHBDLH Member Posts: 148
    I think it is confirmed mathematically impossible with android although Kabam will never confirm this since they get good revenue from android players attempting it. I did 4:27:30 using Magik, jugs/colossus/hulk crit team but screwed up my masteries and kept MD4/pacify/petrify and lost a lot of offensive potential. I ran an easier quest at 5:28 almost exactly an hour slower on a Samsung S7, one of the fastest android devices that existed at the time.

Sinister spidey quest RichtheMan for rank 76 at my exact same time so not sure which quest took longer. I think I will be on the border.

But since Kascam will not post times or devices used I will state that I am positive there has been no android legends in the last hundreds of legends. All the info on Reddit and Youtube which confirm this which Kabam cannot delete.

My guess is that 4:30s will make this one and hopefully I'll barely cut it at 4:27 but only time will tell. Their refusal to post race times in a race is more than ridiculous too, needing to goto all other forms of social media to piece together something they could easily do. thanks a lot for your "transparency" Kabam, and trolls please flag me for telling the truth.
    Gamer wrote: »
    mine and yours times is almost the same. But im dont Think im get it. Think my time is 4. 40 huers. So. Dont Think and cant rebmer my timer Becasse forget to. Sæt a timmer

TBH 4:24 and 4:40 is not even close. In previous events posted on Reddit and Youtube from generous streamers and previous legends, about 4 minutes ranked 13 places a part. 24 to 40 minutes is a huge difference, although this i thought was a harder quest and you have a good shot, 16 minutes difference is worlds apart. Average time difference per place based on previous confirmed times is between 20-30 seconds.
    how can they possibly figure in game time for legends without and without regen nerf unless they have separate pools of 100 before and 100 after? And the number of attempts are not even so it's impossible to cut in half to 2 categories. They don't have live logs of hundreds of fights to know the average amount of time the nerf accounts for, that is well beyond their sophistication level. The nerf happened closer to the end of the legends time frame right? There's only like 2 days left before the cutoff? So I assume most legends runners have already gone before the regen change and they will just ignore the difference.
    BDLH wrote: »
    I think it is confirmed mathematically impossible with android although Kabam will never confirm this since they get good revenue from android players attempting it. I did 4:27:30 using Magik, jugs/colossus/hulk crit team but screwed up my masteries and kept MD4/pacify/petrify and lost a lot of offensive potential. I ran an easier quest at 5:28 almost exactly an hour slower on a Samsung S7, one of the fastest android devices that existed at the time.

My guess is that 4:30s will make this one and hopefully I'll barely cut it at 4:27 but only time will tell. Their refusal to post race times in a race is more than ridiculous too, needing to goto all other forms of social media to piece together something they could easily do. thanks a lot for your "transparency" Kabam, and trolls please flag me for telling the truth.

4:27 is a pretty good time for this quest. It feels longer and harder than the previous months’.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,759 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

TBH 4:24 and 4:40 is not even close. In previous events posted on Reddit and Youtube from generous streamers and previous legends, about 4 minutes ranked 13 places a part. 24 to 40 minutes is a huge difference, although this i thought was a harder quest and you have a good shot, 16 minutes difference is worlds apart. Average time difference per place based on previous confirmed times is between 20-30 seconds.
    And ikow Thah im Saw im read it Wong. One fint out the next days.
    Yes I used an iPhone 7 Plus. I do not believe it is possible with an android device.
    do yall know when they post the results? I've heard a few things but not from a Mod even though requested through multiple threads in past. I've heard its the first Friday of the following month after one event but not confirmed for multiple events. Weird how something this simple isn't clearly posted in the mail announcing the legends event itself. Participation dates = XXX, result date = XXX.

I'm pretty sure they're going to just lump in the pools pre and post nerf too, although it adds a significant amount of time if you die even once and have to fight a second time due to the pre-nerf huge heal, only happened to me once which costed maybe 30 secs so hope that doesn't blow it. If anyone slips just a few times and have to fight a second time through the heal it basically already ruined the run - if they have no way of adjusting for this factor simplest solution is to either just create 150 legends spots or proportional to how many high ranks made it pre-nerf vs post-nerf.

And if a Mod will ever respond to a legends related thread will you comment on why Kabam is not willing to make an Android and iOS division since many high level players have confirmed it is impossible to rank on an Android? Would it be that difficult to just make 50 spots for each? Not giving away any extra free titles, just evening the playing field in what is supposed to be a fair race.

And if a Mod will ever respond to a legends related thread will you comment on why Kabam is not willing to make an Android and iOS division since many high level players have confirmed it is impossible to rank on an Android? Would it be that difficult to just make 50 spots for each? Not giving away any extra free titles, just evening the playing field in what is supposed to be a fair race.

Cause if fight times are counted only then there’s no incentive to finish it at 1 go.

Anyway it’s been mentioned before that, unless absolutely required, fixed dates for announcements generally avoided as sometimes they take longer than expected and sometimes shorter.

Setting a fixed date, IMO, will result in longer wait times as buffer time is usually added in lest any unexpected issues crop up (underpromise overdeliver, rather than vice versa).
    xNig wrote: »

Cause if fight times are counted only then there’s no incentive to finish it at 1 go.

Anyway it’s been mentioned before that, unless absolutely required, fixed dates for announcements generally avoided as sometimes they take longer than expected and sometimes shorter.

Setting a fixed date, IMO, will result in longer wait times as buffer time is usually added in lest any unexpected issues crop up (underpromise overdeliver, rather than vice versa).

I agree with the incentive to give it 1 go to make it more of a race, but could they not just take the total time minus the LOAD TIME out of the equation. Not just total fight time logged over 14 days doing 1 fight at a time, still one continuous race with the load subtracted - they have to have the means to detect when you pressed fight and when the fight actually started - they seem to log all data points you can imagine.

If this is truly not possible to code, then how can it be justified that only 1 platform can possibly compete? The example I've given in posts before is like marathons being separated by divisions - there is an age group and the Android users are the elderly 80 year old division vs the elite/pro division. Or every Olympic race has a male/female division, other games has a console X-box One division and PC division.

How is this justifiable from any standpoint be it morale, competitive fairness, etc.? The vast majority of players are not stuck here in the forums everyday to know these differences, and MANY Android users have attempted legends runs and you can find their times posted through Reddit and Youtube channels (Hint: They're all over 5 hours). Shouldn't there be some corporate morale obligation to inform their customers of issues such as this? Rather than sending mail encourage users to shoot for their legends titles knowing a huge number of people will dump 3k = $100 on a race they cannot win. (takes about 1k units in refills, greater alliance package 1400 units required, and usually a handful of heals/deaths). Is there not some semblance of corporate responsibility to inform users of this type of information?

edited October 2017
    This is honestly a choice of the user in choosing which platform they prefer to compete with. You don’t standardize shoes in marathons to level the playing field as well ya?

Just food for thought. :smile:
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 38
    Last month: 4:59 with iPad Pro.
    This month: 4:07 with iPhone 8+.

Same exact team set up. Very glaring differences in devices, android is even worse than iPad too!
    What team setup did you use? 4:07 is pretty fast. Congrats on the tag in advance.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 38
    edited October 2017
    Magneto, storm, Wolverine, cyclops, CM.
    Never count chickens before the eggs hatch though. Got a felling once iPhone 8s are more common the timer is gonna shrink to sub 4 hours*.
  • RektorRektor Member Posts: 678 ★★★
    Waldo wrote: »
    Magneto, storm, Wolverine, cyclops, CM.
    Never count chickens before the eggs hatch though. Got a felling once iPhone 8s are more common the timer is gonna shrink to sub 4 hours*.

The 8+ load times are currently identical to the 7+. This should change as things are optimized for newer iOS and hardware.
  • NevvBNevvB Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    Finished my run this month in 4:16. Think I have a good chance but havent seen many times yet.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Member Posts: 112
    My brother take 4:03 with 5* r4 Medusa