**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I think we need to reflect as a community after the past 24 hours

SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
The forums, community attitude, subreddit have all been soo toxic the past 24 hours and it turns out it was literally over nothing. The past 24 hours have been insane in terms of free gifts, great content, all around good things for the game but because people were so quick to become outraged over what turned out to be basically a non-issue it really brought the community down. As a whole in terms of free rewards uncollected players got 15k five star shard, 1 k six star shard, 2 T1 alpha, 2 energy refills, 2 T4CC, half a T2A, and 2,250 T5B shards; Cavalier players got 20K five star shard, 5 K six star shards, 20 5*sig stones, 3 T4CC, 1 T2A and 6,750 T5B. That's literally crazy in terms of free stuff, not even including the shard arenas and there is a clear upgrade in cavalier rewards vs uncollected rewards.

We didn't have all information, we knew this was a multiple stage event for the anniversary but because just one part of it was unsatisfactory people went crazy, saying they're going to quit the game, taking Loki up to rank 3, cursing out kabam. Seriously guys, kabam deserves a lot of the flack they get but this year objectively has been amazing in terms of quality of life improvements, community interaction, rewards and content. Kabam also deserves a little credit when its due so lets give them that this week.

Thank you for a game so many of us have enjoyed, some for over half a decade. To me MCOC is by far the deepest, most complete mobile gaming experience out there and I can't wait to see how the contest grows over the next few years

Comments

• Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 505 ★★★
    Appreciate the perspective. There is always going to be a degree of entitlement anywhere you go. Sometimes it does feel like whatever we as a community won't be enough. Ultimately it falls on the individuals and whether or not rewards are "expected" or "appreciated".
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    It's a small minority. Those that feel outraged are more likely to come to the forums and express their dissatisfaction then those that are generally happy with things.

The fact we are year 6 of this games speaks volumes for the games ability to keep the masses entertained.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Kabam's anniversary gifts prove on thing: that they can be generous with their virtual, infinite resources without wrecking the game. When they ask us to spend money on things, they should be equally generous, but rarely is that the case.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Kabam's anniversary gifts prove on thing: that they can be generous with their virtual, infinite resources without wrecking the game. When they ask us to spend money on things, they should be equally generous, but rarely is that the case.

It may be virtual , but it’s definitely not cheap. They have families as well and need to put food on their table. Either that, or be riddled with Ads to support a game. They plan on these events well in advanced , so if 4 months ago they said they were afraid of game balance, they most likely knew the holiday calendar. Who knows the Christmas gift .
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Kabam have only themselves to blame . The ridiculous way they set up the arena shards was so stupid that literally anyone with even a shred of common sense could see that it was a bad idea . They could have easily set up the arenas to last until the end of December so that everybody could take their timee and enjoy themselves . Instead they force people to grind like crazy right before the holidays . The fact that they started censoring everybody also didn’t help
    So as far I am concerned the backlash was great and I hope that Kabam learns something from it and hires someone with common sense to look over their future events

You know this game is has an option to grind or not grind right? Why do you feel like you have to take time away from your family to play a video game? Play at your own pace.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Do you think any of this would have happened if seatin didn't rebel few moths back, the only reason everyone got a bit more is cos of that, otherwise they care not about players unless they have to and Seatin made it possible for all of us. So respect to him, not kabam and their empoyees.

Let me guess. A fan?
  • Options
    Big_eggyBig_eggy Posts: 117
    This month has been amazing for me so far. No real complaints. Free rewards everywhere is all I can ask for and I thank Kabam for letting me have so much fun.