**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Christmas Calender! [Merged]

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I feel like I'm the only one who hasnt commented yet :smiley:

Imho, the solo shards are a laugh. They are pretty useless. But else it isnt terrible. 1.5 free cav is better than 1 GGC in my eyes. Yes, the 5*&4* shards are dry, but after the anniversary rewards we got, I do not complain. Besides, I'd wait for christmas gift before judging the event as a whole, because if we got a free 6* (which I am sure we wont, but hypothetically), then I would forget about some calendar...
  • OggrassOggrass Posts: 13
    I agree that the calendar is disappointing but there have been a lot of improvements to the game this year to help with progression and obtaining items/shards more easily. It’s hard to complain about a free calendar given all the improvements kabam has made.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    The sad this is they will say something like “well you guys complained about the progression ones being unfair. This is the result.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

This thread now has more views than the Forum Rules. Lol

That explains so much things now
  • C_Hype84C_Hype84 Posts: 41
    They’ll be shutting down this thread here shortly. Lol

This thread now has more views than the Forum Rules. Lol

• VinL82VinL82 Posts: 4
    Such a slap in the face. I’m not spending a dime on Gifting they lost my couple hundred I would normally spend. If this is an indication of future I can’t wait to see how we get screwed for the New Year’s calendar I used to look forward to getting the 2 free T2A at the end of and start of the year.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Read this thread (18 pages at the time) got a good night's sleep, got up, took the trash out, showered, dressed, drove an hour to work, check back in on the forum and not much has changed.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    On the face of it, the solo shards don’t look great but I don’t understand the uproar tbh.
    I’m sure they’ve given other stuff away at Xmas before, probably will this year too.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 309 ★★
    Wow...60k views 900+ comments
    But yet not a single reply from kabam....
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

There had to have been some sort of coding mess up. There’s no way they intentionally are giving us solo shards (and less than you get from one daily event at that) for the calendar. Also, why the heck is it 6K epoch shards? It should be at least 8K so we can get two of the Cavs instead of one Cav and one basic.
    Anyways. It’s a Sunday and a Sunday night at that, I’m sure they’ll have a response for us in the morning.

You get an extra 2k if you do all of the paths in every difficulty in the side quest. The 2000 in the calendar is to make up for the other 2000 so yeah it technically does give you two cav crystals
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I think everyone is overreacting quite a bit. Let them respond and relax. It's just a game.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I am quite miles away from the gameplay a Seatin can do.
    Miles from his roster or the money he spent.

But my first reaction to the calendar was very close to his. I still can't stop shaking my head. Followed by frenzy laughs.

So now I feel like a whale with less money spent.
    Ty Kabam. These are the exiting experiences you mentioned with your famous Roadmap I guess.
    Or was it exit experience?
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

Hi I'm John quiniones and this is What Would You Do.

What would you do if you saw kabam give their dedicated fan base solo crystal shards for the holidays right in front of you?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

There had to have been some sort of coding mess up. There’s no way they intentionally are giving us solo shards (and less than you get from one daily event at that) for the calendar. Also, why the heck is it 6K epoch shards? It should be at least 8K so we can get two of the Cavs instead of one Cav and one basic.
    Anyways. It’s a Sunday and a Sunday night at that, I’m sure they’ll have a response for us in the morning.

You get an extra 2k if you do all of the paths in every difficulty in the side quest. The 2000 in the calendar is to make up for the other 2000 so yeah it technically does give you two cav crystals
    This is the one thing that gives me concern because it’s the one thing that actually “adds up.”

Everything else though...has to be coding mistake, placeholders left in, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • The one thing the calendar did well.... gave me a good chuckle.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Im sad with calender 14days.. In 2020 I do not expect to receive Solo crystal shards. Kabam can you explain to me what got into you?

Thanks
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Gonna be a faux Will-o-wisp
    "A thread has already been created on this topic."
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/240974/new-christmas-calender-merged#latest
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    See I don't know if they meant to do this and there's a giant Christmas gift, or they accidentally gave out the one for new players. Honestly the new players thing might not be that far-fetched, considering that we got those "first steps" objectives accidentally the other day. But it very well just might be that bad. We've gotten a lot of good stuff this month
  • JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    This is by far the biggest let down I have ever experience playing MCOC.

I was so pumped to finally become TB before the holiday calendar (since I missed the cut off for Anniversary) and thought it would at least be somewhat similar.......... I am lost for words