**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sprint / T-Mobile Issues

Comments

• Options
    ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    1199345 said:

Pizzabeat said:

Still can’t log on to mcoc via cellular T-Mobile 5g data plan on an iPhone 12 pro Max

Try toggling airplane mode on/off when you get the server connection error icon...more often than not it helps to get the game moving again.

Connecting issues seem to be more of a communication link issue between the game and the server, as opposed to a carrier or device issue.

Hope this helps!!
    YOU ARE AWESOME! This worked.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 370 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    ICYMI ... this helps sometimes as well

• Options
    1199345 said:

ICYMI ... this helps sometimes as well

Working so far... This may be a big tell for the support team. Maybe check your edge routers 6 to 4 (or 4 to 6) service. Not a networking expert but maybe it will spark a idea for the admins.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It isn't a 100% fix, but it works periodically. There's definitely something up with IPv4/IPv6 connectivity that helps though.

The dev team should look into this @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    TMobile network is IPv6 only by default.

I updated my new APN from IPv4/IPv6 to IPv4 only and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

IT WORKS!! YOU ARE A HERO!!

Something about IPv4/IPv6 must have confused the network.

So far everything's buttery smooth!!

Thanks for the info/update!!
  • Options
    Well, that was short-lived...

Haven't been able to connect for the past 5 minutes...

Back to the drawing board...
  • Options
    I changed it back to IPv4/IPv6 and it reconnected...

Seems to be hit or miss either way...
  • Options
    demboyz16demboyz16 Posts: 37
    I'm also having similar issues where if I'm using cellular data while playing the game load times are horrendously long to couple with dropped connections during fights. Every other app and game works optimally on cellular data on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 20+). When I'm connected to wifi the game works decently with less frequent lags and dropped connection.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Crazy that this has been going for over a month. I wonder if they're still working on it at all.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is I'm able to play in

Found some more info regarding this issue. Wechat, Playon, Security Cameras, Spotify all had similar issues. Except the answer to it is not. T-Mobile is IPv6 ONLY. If there is any portion of the game that is attempting to ping IPv4 or earlier, it won't work.

I switched my APN back to IPv4 only again and the game is working fine...

Until it disconnects...then I'll switch it back to IPv4/IPv6 and it'll work fine...

Until it disconnects again. Rinse/repeat...

You're definitely into something because the game won't connect at all on IPv6 only...
  • Options
    Toggling on/off airplane mode helps too, so there's an issue with the server connection constantly being dropped and the need for manual reconnection before moving forward...
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Idea: If I keep global chat enabled and running in the background, I wonder if that'll keep a constant connection with the server, thus eliminating the disconnecting issue...

Hopefully the combo of that and IPv4 only will actually work...

Results TBD...
  • Options
    KlashdKlashd Posts: 47
    edited December 2020
    I had login issues as well. I'm also on Wifi. I turned off my network data but stayed connected to wifi and it logged me in right away.
  • Options
    Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    edited December 2020

Did a speed test on mobile data, my data is very fast. Yet I litterally can't login to the game

Android
    Gs8
    Tmobile

If I switch to wifi it loads fine
  • Options
    It's an APN protocol issue...

• Options
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks!

We apologise for the delay. Our team is still exploring possible roots to this issue. As this is currently affecting a select group of our players, the issue is not presenting itself as obviously as we'd like. Once again, we apologise for the delay but please know that our engineers are on it!

Thanks again for your continued patience.

Updates? We're approaching two months.
  • Options
    Guess not. Even on wifi the connection issues are very, very frequent. On mobile the game is completely unplayable.
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    Been over a month now and this game still not working on data. How much longer til We can see a fix or get a new update on the fix?
  • Options
    For what its worth, setting your device to IPv4 helps. I'd hardly call it a solution but its enough to get in and clear a fight in aq before you freeze and time out... but not enough to run an entire lane in eq.
  • Options
    I've been able to connect all week perfectly with a VPN...reason being it strictly uses IPv4 only and a static/dedicated IPv4 address...
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    If I’m on cellular then it takes 2 min to get into the game upon opening it for the first time. Network error icon the entire time.

If I’m on wifi and playing and then turn it off and go back to the game, I get a network error that lasts 1-2 mins before the game continues

I’m on T-Mobile 5G. It also happened last month when I was on T-Mobile 4G/LTE.

On WiFi the game connects fine every time.

But on both WiFi and cellular, the load times, stuttering, lag etc are so bad that I don’t want to play. Gotten worse in the last 2 weeks.
  • Options
    So... is this getting looked at or what?