**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What are your personal top 5 underrated champions?

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,740 ★★★★★

1. Immortal Abomination - If the opponent isn't poison immune, he can deal massive damage. He's also sustainable and his petrify makes him a good power control champion for an aggressive playstyle. He's also good for V2 and V6.

2. Longshot - He's famous for his massive SP2 but awakened he can also nullify buffs once they activate. It's not the best nullify around, but is helpful in a lot of situation. A lot are saying that he's not good against stun immune because of his parry-heavy style gameplay but you can actually play him without parrying. Dex 5 hits, 5 hit combo, SP1 for bleed-able opponents. Dex 5 hits, 5 hit combo, wait for Karma to transfer, 5 hit combo, SP2 for massive incinerate. The increased power gain rate he gains from Karma is significant.

3. Silver Surfer - He's not only a High Prestige champion. He's been getting some spotlight lately as the meta is 'kind of' being made to be suitable for him.

4. Professor X - Seen as many as 'just a synergy champ' but he's actually more than that. KT1 even did a Labyrinth run with him. He's one of those ramp-up champions that are good unramped unlike most of the Cosmics (Air-Walker, Red Goblin, etc.). Once you learn you how to play him, you'll be more satisfied to pull his rotation off. He's also one of my favorite champs to use in Incursions.

5. Rogue - She's also getting the spotlight lately but her high skill cap makes her an unpopular choice.

Shhh...you’re not supposed to tell anyone about Ibom. Best to keep it secret.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AdokAdok Posts: 283 ★★
    1, Mordo
    2, Spider-Gwen
    3, Yondu
    4, Bishop
    5, Sorcerer Supreme / Mojo

Honourable Mentions.
    1, Morningstar
    2, Angela
    3, Awakened Thor Rags.
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

1. Immortal Hulk- Absolute god tier beast
    2. Platinumpool- actually very good
    3. Sasquatch- sp2 with even 5 ruptures is amazing
    4. Dragon man- sp2 cycle against the corner is insane.
    5. Ghost- not actually as bad as people say.

Ghost is absolute beast mate and perfectly rated. People just are being sarcastic when they call her bad. @Crcrcrc
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

1. Immortal Hulk- Absolute god tier beast
    2. Platinumpool- actually very good
    3. Sasquatch- sp2 with even 5 ruptures is amazing
    4. Dragon man- sp2 cycle against the corner is insane.
    5. Ghost- not actually as bad as people say.

Ghost is absolute beast mate and perfectly rated. People just are being sarcastic when they call her bad. @Crcrcrc
    Did you read my later comment literally like 5 comments after that?
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Mephisto for v5
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    1.Rouge
    2. Nova
    3. IMIW
    4. Gambit
    5. ...... nova
  • Options
    Mr Sinister
    Annihilus
    Night Thrasher
    Mephisto
    IMIW
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

In no particular order except nr 1 which ofc is
    MORNINGSTAR!!
    voodoo
    Red hulk
    Punisher 2099
    Luke cage
    Dormammu
    KG
    All champs who are great with lots of value but does not get utilised by the majority
    Champs like dorm. Ms and KG needs to be high rank tho. KG and dorm will lack dmg and ms got that ramp up. But their utility and ms eventual insane dmg that comes with the souls makes them extremely usefull if you go all out on them

I didn’t include MS because I don’t consider her underrated. She’s an absolute beast.

Dr. Zola
    She is. But 90% of the community refuses to believe that :/
    Most I’ve seen agree she’s amazing, just most absolutely despise that little bunny hop of a dash back.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    iAbom
    Night Thrasher
    Vision (AoU)
    Spider Gwen
    Heimdall
  • Options
    PalistesPalistes Posts: 163 ★★
    Rogue helped me through a lot of content.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    1. Nebula
    2. Angela
    3. Guillotine
    4. Old man Logan
    5. Squirrel Girl

I had to think about nr. 2-5. But Nebula is by far the most underrated champ (especially in incursions with proxima synergie)
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    1. Kang
    2. Thor (Ragnarok)
    3. Man-Thing (offensively)
    4. Darkhawk (offensively)
    5. P2099

If you want explanations I'll gladly give them but there's my most underrated squad.
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    YoMoves said:

1. Kang
    2. Thor (Ragnarok)
    3. Man-Thing (offensively)
    4. Darkhawk (offensively)
    5. P2099

If you want explanations I'll gladly give them but there's my most underrated squad.

I maxed out my p2099 (no surprise I maxed out a lot of the mentioned underrated champs lol) and I use him a lot in act 7 where I need a solid tech option that can quickly down those fights. He works okay with suicides.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Mr Fantastic, Doc Ock, Emma Frost, Aarkus and Morningstar are all criminally underrated champs.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,902 ★★★★★
    Omedenn said:

Last week I took my Killmonger from rank 1 to rank 5, awakened him and gave him 160 sig stones because of @Rockypantherx

Absolutely love this guy! So thanks a lot

Also ranked my awakened doctor octopus to rank 2 (6*) - still waiting for half a t5cc but he is going to rank 3 for sure!

This warms my heart. Glad I could help!
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Underrated? Well if I say Venom, he’s not really underrated - just kinda awesome.

Surfer? I think the community has shifted positively on him.

Underused champs that are competent IMO:

In no particular order (as attackers):

Ronin
    Black Widow Deadly Origin
    iHulk
    Annihilus
    Mr Sinister

I tried to stay away from the Venoms and such. Venom is just awesome not really underrated.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

1: Rogue. She has a lot of utility that involves stealing other peoples attributes.
    2: Tigra. She has some crazy rupture damage when well played.
    3: Ghost Rider. Great choice with judgement effects/synergies against villains.
    4: Nova. The guy is annoying on defense and has an intense Sp.2.
    5: Terrax. The guy is a crazy defender and is good when well used in a long and boring quest. Also good with Heralds of G synergies.

Yes, not really that underrated, no, eh, heck no
  • Options

CGR2020 said:

1: Rogue. She has a lot of utility that involves stealing other peoples attributes.
    5: Terrax. The guy is a crazy defender and is good when well used in a long and boring quest. Also good with Heralds of G synergies.

I still like OG Ghost Rider. He’s just not as usable as he used to be. He could benefit from a “numbers” buff. Leave him as is + damage upgrade.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

I think I once heard Hawkeye is overrated

some people think that because he's been called underrated for so long, he's now overrated. I disagree. I think he has one very ok power drain and very ok bleed, and that's literally it and people know that.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★

CGR2020 said:

I still like OG Ghost Rider. He’s just not as usable as he used to be. He could benefit from a “numbers” buff. Leave him as is + damage upgrade.
    he’s cool, but the damage just feels... underwhelming. With Killmonger you also have the bleeds and satisfying specials, but with Ghost Rider... nah
  • Options

MikeHock said:

I think I once heard Hawkeye is overrated

some people think that because he's been called underrated for so long, he's now overrated. I disagree. I think he has one very ok power drain and very ok bleed, and that's literally it and people know that.
    I wish they gave him a buff that allowed his arrows to do different things based off the last hit you attempted prior to activating your special attack.

End with M = Bleed
    End with L = Shock (lowers AA like in movie)
    Heavy = Incinerate
    Hit into block = unblockable sp and inflicts sabotage

That’s just Sp1. Keep power drain as is.

Make SP2 damage dealing after you stack tthe above or something
  • Options
    MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    1.Ronin
    2.Old Man Logan
    3.Black Widow Deadly Origin
    4.Dr.Voodoo
    5.Emma Frost
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,470 ★★★★
    Elsa
    Mojo
    Surfer
    Deadly origin
    Aarkus
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Elsa

This is the underrated thread, not overrated.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Night Thrasher
    Emma Frost
    Carnage
    Nebula
    Rogue (if only she had a few extra seconds on that buff steal and/or paused during specials)

Mephisto and Surfer are growing on me.